The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:45 pm 
28. Com...plete

I still seem to be in a kids' book phase, as I've just started reading A Wrinkle in Time and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. In theory I'm also still reading Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey, but I haven't picked it up in a while.

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:49 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry and Ranger's Apprentice Book 7 - Erak's Ransom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:34 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 4
Ghosts of Albion: Accursed - Amber Benson and Christopher Golden

"Between a laugh and a tear, And that's as good as it can get for us, And there ain't no reason to stop tryin'" - John Cougar Mellencamp, "Between A Laugh And A Tear"

"I've always been a big fan of books." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:22 pm 
28. Com...plete

Sunshine and Rose Daughter, both by Robin McKinley. Really wanting to read Harry Potter 4, but my copy's boxed up at my dad's.

~Jas

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:46 pm 
28. Com...plete

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
A mystery book by Sarah Paretsky-- can't think of the name, but I like it well enough
An Emergence of Green by Katherine V. Forrest (her novel Curious Wine is my all-time favourite comfort book, but I have mixed feelings about this one so far)
The Wit and Humor of Oscar Wilde
Ya-Yas in Bloom (sequel to The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, which has been a guilty pleasure of mine for years)
The Feast of the Drowned (a Doctor Who book; the plot hasn't hooked me so far, but it's the Doctor and Rose so I like it anyway)
The Taking of Chelsea 426 (also a Doctor Who book, so far with a more interesting story)

Oh, and for non-books I'm reading: Tales of MU, a web book about part-human and non-human students at a magical college; I Am What I Am, one of my favourite fanfics despite being centered around Xander and not featuring Tara; Unexpected Consequences, one of my favourite Willow/Tara fanfics; Questionable Content, a quirky web-comic I fell behind on a couple years ago and have been rereading the last few months; and Something Positive, a more disturbing but equally hilarious web-comic that I also fell behind on a couple years ago and have been rereading the last few months.

~Jas

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:32 pm 
9. Gay Now

I just found three Buffy novels that I hadn't yet aquired yet, so I'm going to be starting on those soon enough. I still have to work my way through the remainder of "Queen of the Slayers", "Wisdom of War", "Chosen", and "The Lost Slayer Omnibus", but I'm looking forward to reading them. Unlike some people that I've seen out there in the wild land of the internet, I love the novels :D

"Between a laugh and a tear, And that's as good as it can get for us, And there ain't no reason to stop tryin'" - John Cougar Mellencamp, "Between A Laugh And A Tear"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:51 pm 
28. Com...plete

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix, The Taking of Chelsea 426 (still), and The Empire of Glass, another Doctor Who novel.

~Jas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:45 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for the 1000th time

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:07 am 
28. Com...plete

Harry Potter and the Death Hallows, Ghosts of Albion by Christopher Golden and the lovely Amber, and The Man in the Velvet Mask (a Doctor Who book, my last with the first Doctor) by Daniel O'Mahony.

~Jas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:37 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:54 am 
4. Extra Flamey

The Mists of Avalon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:58 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Mystic and rider. I just read Divergent and then Insurgent in the Divergent. I recommend both.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:18 pm 
9. Gay Now

I'm considering trying to pick up "Dracula" once again, but I'm worried I'll once again find the old English text to be hard to read. That was a major factor in me being unable to finish it last time

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:19 pm 
28. Com...plete

Still reading Ghosts of Albion (it's my second try and I still can't get that into to it, which is weird since I really like Amber's other books I've read), and I've just started Game of Thrones and a Doctor Who book called Apollo 23. I'm thinking I might also reread one of my favourite series again, The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop.

~Jas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:28 am 
2. Floating Rose

The World of Warcraft Thrall book. I love it <3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:51 am 
9. Gay Now

Finally getting around to reading my copy of Amber's "Death's Daughter". I like it so far :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:27 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 2
I just started The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I love it!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:43 pm 
28. Com...plete

Finished Apollo 23, so I started another Doctor Who book, The Dark Path. It's decent so far, but I'm curious to see how it fits into the canon; hoping it'll make more sense by the end. I've also started Crime and Punishment, which I'm quite enjoying though it's slow reading.

~Jas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:12 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

There's a Glee and Buffy crossover fanfic that I'm reading and I'm really starting to like it. The Summary is instead of moving to Sunnydale Buffy and her mother moves to Lima, Ohio and attends McKinley High where she befriends Rachel and the rest of the glee club. And they help Buffy fight the forces of evil and proper for Regionals at the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:00 pm 
9. Gay Now

Still reading "Death's Daughter". I haven't had that much time to devote to it, and I feel like it's staring at me from its place on the book shelve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:12 pm 
28. Com...plete

I seem to be perpetually reading 50,000 and rarely finish any of them!

Books I'm currently reading: Game of Thrones, Ghosts of Albion: Accursed, Crime and Punishment, Lamb (very funny, and even has a few meaningful moments here and there), A History of the Universe (which attempts puts everything from the first 26 seasons of Doctor Who into chronological order), and Deadly Reunion (another Doctor Who novel-surprise!)
Books I started at the bookstore in the last 2 weeks: America I Love You, The Illustrated Eric, and The Writer's Tale (about Russel Davies' experiences as the headwriter of Doctor Who)

Also just finished Wooden Heart, another Doctor Who novel. I might have a slight addiction.

~Jas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:30 pm 
9. Gay Now

CrazyTaraWitch, you're reading Ghosts Of Albion: Accursed too? So am I! What do you think of it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:06 pm 
28. Com...plete

Pavlov'sBell wrote:
CrazyTaraWitch, you're reading Ghosts Of Albion: Accursed too? So am I! What do you think of it?

I like it okay, but it hasn't gripped me as much as Death's Daughter or Cat's Claw. I don't feel like it flows very well, maybe from having two authors, but I do like the story, and Tamara. And you?

~Jas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:14 am 
9. Gay Now

CrazyTaraWitch wrote:
Pavlov'sBell wrote:

I like it okay, but it hasn't gripped me as much as Death's Daughter or Cat's Claw. I don't feel like it flows very well, maybe from having two authors, but I do like the story, and Tamara. And you?

I'm in the same boat as you. I really wanna like it, but the flow is a little mangled and such. I'm still giving it my best try. I think I've only managed to make it 50 pages in so far, compared to "Death's Daughter" where I got to page 150 in the first day

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:29 pm 
28. Com...plete

I've been reading it for weeks (with other books of course) and I'm still only 200 pages in. Like you say, giving it my best try; the ideas are good but the writing is just not doing it for me.

~Jas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:59 am 
9. Gay Now

Same, but I think it's mainly because Amber's and Christopher's styles of writing aren't that similar, so I admire them for trying to mesh it together, but it just doesn't work as well as I would have hoped it would :/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:10 pm 
28. Com...plete

I haven't read any of Christopher Golden's other work, but it certainly feels like it doesn't mesh. Oh well, it's still Amber so I'm still gonna read it!

~Jas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:29 pm 
9. Gay Now

I've read a lot of the novels he did for Buffy as a series, and I love the way he writes. It's just...it doesn't match Amber's. Still, I'm glad they're friends. After all, he's helped her with her novels (From what I've heard/read Amber say at least once), not to mention they both wrote the Willow/Tara comics in the early 2000s.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:57 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

I just read Saving Sammy: curing the boy who caught OCD. as a parent, it was terrifying.

Now I am reading The Ocean at the end of the Lane which is typical Gaiman. In other words awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:38 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

I was lucky enough to snag a new copy of Ocean at the End of the Lane at a flea market the other week! Super excited to have gotten my hands on it for so cheap.

This summer I've completely my goal of reading the Game of Thrones books, and I've found myself slowly getting on the kindle train (not for disliking e-books but for how much of a shitshow the publishing industry is about it. I'm a librarian and have strong feelings about this, obviously) and have since read like six more books than expected.

Recommended - The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. Just honestly can't rec it enough if you like fantasy.

Currently making my way through Bill Bryson's Life & Times of the Thunderbolt Kid.

Good to see everyone again!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next