The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: Fic: Vignette Series
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 9:22 am 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
Welcome to the Vignette Series.

After many years and 55 vignettes, I'm rewriting this intro and I'm going to work on adding an index to this post, so if someone wants to jump to a specific vignette, it should be easier to find.

This thread is pure schmoopy W/T goodness 24/7. It generally stays PG-13, occasionally slips into R, but sorry - there's no graphic NC-17 smut here. These are 55 completed little ficlets that are unrelated, except for the W/T-lovin' theme. There's a great deal of silliness, a whole lot of schmoopiness, with the occasional dash of angst. Thank you for reading.

Vignette #2: Tara Kissage
Vignette #3: Dreams of Roses
Vignette #4: Morning
Vignette #5: Empty Nest
Vignette #6: Teacher
Vignette #7: Addiction
Vignette #8: Speechless
Vignette #9: Return
Vignette #10: Moonlight
Vignette #11: Holding Hands
Vignette #12: A Friendly Little Wager
Vignette #13: Uncomfortable Chair
Vignette #14: Loving Willow
Vignette #15: Issues
Vignette #16: Free to Fly
Vignette #17: Gifts
Vignette #18: Unwinding
Vignette #19: Storms
Vignette #20: Best Laid Plans
Vignette #21: What a Girl's Gotta' Do
Vignette Interlude #1
Vignette #22: Clueless
Vignette #23: Top of the World
Vignette #24: A Friendly Little Wager II
Vignette #25: Reunion
Vignette #26: Pride
Vignette #27: Twilight
Vignette #28: Chess
Vignette #29: Ducky
Vignette #30 Valentine's Day
Vignette #31: Willow Kissage
Vignette #32: The Dark Forest
Vignette #33: The Next day
Vignette #34: Revelations
Vignette #35: Lullaby
Vignette #36: Mission
Vignette #37: End of the World
Vignette #38: Every Little Thing She Does
Vignette #39: What a Girl's Gotta' Do II: Disco Inferno
Vignette #40: Gratuitous Truant Us
Vignette #41: Fear Yourself
Vignette Interlude #2
Vignette #42: The Morning After
Vignette #43: That's When She Knew
Vignette #44: Interrogation
Vignette #45: Getting to Know You
Vignette #46: Drama
Vignette #47: Break
Vignette #48: Inventory
Vignette #49: Just Dinner
Vignette #50: Thoughts
Vignette #51: Happy
Vignette #52: Into the Woods
Vignette #53: Not A Date
Vignette #54: Hybrids
Vignette #55: Elemental
Vignette #56: Panic

So, without further ado, Vignette #1: Vignettes.

Series: Vignettes
Number: 1
Title: Vignettes
Author: Sassette
Summary: Willow and Tara have dinner together
Spoiler Warning: Set in Season 6, but no spoilers.
Disclaimer: I didn't create these characters. I do, however, love them, and as they reside in my heart, they belong to me. I'm not making any money off of them, though.
Rating: PG-13.

Vignettes
Part 1 of the Vignettes Series
by Sassette

"You know what I don't get?" Willow asked into the silence, a frown of concentration puckering her brow as she stared at her dinner like the mathematical arrangement of the angles between the different foods held the secrets of the universe.

"Ice cream, if you don't eat your broccoli?" Tara asked, reaching out with her fork and spearing one of the vegetables that remained on Willow's plate.

"There's ice cream? Sugary creamy goodness? What flavor?" Willow asked, her eyes lighting up as she lifted her head to look at Tara, the mysteries inherent in her meal forgotten.

"Only," Tara began, waving the broccoli on the fork in front of Willow's face with every word, making Willow's eyes cross as she tracked the leafy green thing. "If you eat your vegetables."

Willow rolled her eyes and grinned, resting her hands on the table and leaning forward to grasp the broccoli with her teeth, pulling her head back and sliding it off the fork. She chewed industriously as Tara looked on, her eyes sparkling and heavy-lidded.

"Good girl," Tara said, a crooked half-smile crossing her face as she put her fork on her plate and covered Willow's hand lightly with her own. It was silly, really. Here they were, having been together for almost two years now, and she still found herself staring dreamily at the other girl.

"Vignettes," Willow said after she swallowed, turning her hand over under Tara's and grasping it lightly.

"Huh?" Tara asked, blinking her eyes slowly as she tried to focus in on what Willow was saying.

"I don't get vignettes," Willow explained with a slight shrug of her shoulders. "I mean, they're all short, and what's the point? It's like, you start reading it, and as soon as things get interesting, it's over."

Tara considered the matter carefully. She'd certainly never taken the time to sit down and ponder the usefulness of the existence of vignettes before. And long ago, she had learned not to question why these things popped into Willow's head. She simply accepted that they did and tried to keep up with the random subject changes. "I suppose they're, umm … like literary pictures? Photographs? Just kind of … a little moment in time."

"But I want context," Willow said with a frown. "Where's the context? Who are these people who just kind of sit around, or get all walky along the beaches, or stare at fences thinking about other characters you never even get to see? And what were they doing before? And what do they go do after?"

Tara couldn't help it. She giggled. "Baby, I think you're thinking about it too hard."

Willow looked back down at her plate as a sigh escaped her. "I still don't get it," she mumbled, picking up her fork with her free hand and pushing her broccoli around the plate, ramming the tiny trees into the mashed potatoes.

"The whole point of a vignette is that it has no context," Tara said after a moment. "Like … a half-camel at the pound. Why is it only half a camel? How did it get to the pound? Did the city hire special half-camel catchers to try to keep the number of half camel's running around to a minimum?"

A tiny grin quirked the corner of Willow's mouth, and she peeked up at Tara as Tara went on.

"It's like, this brief moment in time, that achieves timelessness simply because it has no context. And they're pretty. I like them," Tara said with a soft smile, squeezing Willow's hand.

"Oh, sure," Willow said grandly, her eyes rolling again. "Everybody loves the pretty little vignettes with their coquettish air and girlish charms. But what about the smart scientific papers about fuel cells? Those just sit on the shelves, gathering dust and getting old."

"Well, if you're lucky, you get a smart scientific paper that IS a pretty little vignette," Tara said with a grin, lifting Willow's hand to her lips, turning it and placing a soft kiss in the palm, her eyes glowing. "Like, a scientist, watching a rainbow and thinking about the way light refracts."

"Mmm," Willow said softly, her eyes adoring as she looked at Tara, who was lightly kissing each of her fingertips in turn. "I, uhh … refraction is good."

"Very good," Tara agreed, tugging on Willow's hand and pulling her from her seat. A few more tugs and she grinned at her lapful of Willow goodness. "Hi."

"Oh, uhh … hi," Willow said softly, her arms wrapping around Tara's neck. "Ummm … I'm, umm… done. With dinner."

"You didn't eat all your broccoli," Tara pointed out.

"I'm a rebel," Willow said with a smile.

"Without a cause?" Tara asked, her arms slipping around Willow's waist.

"Oh, no. Definitely a cause," Willow said, shaking her head emphatically. "Down with the broccoli, and down with black-mailing dinner-makers who want you to finish the evil green vegetables before you can get yummy ice cream. Or would that technically be extortion?"

Tara laughed, a wicked gleam showing up in her eyes. "You want me going down?"

"Or, you know, down with lazy rebels with their bad cooking skills who never make their own dinners," Willow said with mock solemnity. "Either way works for me."

Tara grinned, then pulled Willow's head down for a slow sweet kiss. "We'll take turns toppling the establishment," Tara said softly. "You go upstairs and I'll get the ice cream."

"Ice cream? But I didn't finish all my broccoli?"

"Oh, it's for me," Tara said with a grin. "You just get to be the plate."

"Mmm … lucky plate," Willow said happily, kissing Tara lightly then hopping off her lap and scampering up the stairs.

Last edited by Sassette on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:49 am, edited 14 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Fic: Vignette Series
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 9:30 am 
A wonderful idea Sass.

And a wonderfully tasty vignette to start us off.

I can easily imagine this conversation taking place. Willow being all scientist gal, and Tara being the more ethereal one.

Brilliant!

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 9:52 am 
Hee hee a new series from Sass I'm giddy with excitement :D This is so good and I like all the little moments. Great start :)

-----------------------
You know, it's a real deal relationship and that's why people can relate to it
Amber Benson

Post subject: All hail Sassette!
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 10:09 am 
What a wonderful way to let us down gently as Answering Darkness reaches its end. I love little hits of goodness exactly like the one you've already offered. And I know I'm going to be a regular in this thread. I may even post regularly now that I've got off to such a flying start!

Yay me! (oh no sorry, I mean "Yay Sassette", don't I?)

Whatever - yays all round - you want a yay? Just help yourself, plenty for all.

jo x

Post subject: Re: All hail Sassette!
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 10:15 am 
pretty!!!! that was so sweet.

i want more.

Post subject: Thanks *G*
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 11:01 am 
**mollyig: Thank you *G* This was fun to write, and I expect all the others will be fun, too -- that being the point. I'm darn well gonna' have fun writing about these two wonderful young women.

**Puff: Glad you like the little moments - 'cuz that's all that's going to be in this thread. No Big Bads, no all-encompassing story arc, and no unhappy endings. In fact, I doubt I'll have any endings at all. Just hope-filled beginning and schmulzy cuddly middles. Maybe some mild angst now and again, but nothing too serious. I'm looking forward to this.

**wizpup: Heh ... this new series is as much to let >me< down gently as it is to let all of you down gently as AD comes to a close. And post away *G* I love hearing from people ;)

**rocketdyke: Heh ... thank you *G* And I'll be posting relatively sporadically on this. I'll try to post as often as I can, but the point is that they're short one-shots, posted intermittently, so I have time to work on other things, yet still post W/T goodness.

-Sass

Post subject: Re: Thanks *G*
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 11:30 am 
Oh Sass...

You write them so perfectly. And after two years, it's entirely possible to still get dreamy about the woman you love. Heh. Not that I uh...I mean, so I've heard...

----------
"It's between a hitch and a kink, with a side of a twinge. It's okay."

Post subject: Re: Thanks *G*
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 11:32 am 
That was so cute :)

~Stephie~

Post subject: wonderful!
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 12:33 pm 
God that was so damn sweet. Reminded me all over again why I fell in love with these two in the first place. *sigh*

--------------------------------

"Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind." - Glory

"Futile... like a FOX, baby!" - Tara in The Late Shift by wiccachica

Post subject: Re: wonderful!
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 12:39 pm 
Outstanding Sass... and answering all the questions about the series before you even start... inspired.

Course you said that these wouldnot be related... but could there be another, unrelated, time when there was icecream? Just wondering?

*S*

Katharyn

--------------

You hear that baby? I am going nowhere.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 12:42 pm 
Ooooh, to be a plate. Of all the things I ever wish I could have been ... I never wished to be a plate ... til now.

JD

"I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly!" (SpongeBob Squarepants)

Post subject: Willow crockery
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 1:07 pm 
now THATS the kind of crockery i wish i could get . just think - every meal would be a joy! .....i mean it's not the type of thing you'd wanna get out for company , but you know , nice all the same.

...but enough with my kitchen ideas- Sass i just love the way you write the girls together , and your cute , witty little commentary perfectly reflects the kind of atmosphere they have together - i really like it ......not that this attempt at flattery is in anyway one of my pick up lines , because i love your writing honey ;)

such a lovely idea thanks ;)

Sweetjane

"Say i'm weary , say i'm sad , Say that health and wealth have missed me ,
Say i'm growing old but add; Jenny kissed me"

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 1:08 pm 
I want to be a plate, too! Lucky Willow...

I loved the vignette, Sass! I can't wait for more...

I liked how you had Willow asking about them, too... :)

-Aimee :D

"Pope John Paul today confirmed his opposition to gay marriages, said they're unnatural. Gay marriage is unnatural. Then he put on a pointy hat, his dress, and returned to never having sex at all." -Bill Maher

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 1:38 pm 
I wanna LICK the PLATE!!!!

Oh yes, I'm totally gonna enjoy this Thread for what it is. Willow and Tara goodness. YUM!

And you will be taking requests right? ;)

---------------------

Tara: "C-can you just be kissing me now?" - in 'Entropy'

Tara: "Its good to be a chicken casserole." -in 'Answering Darkness' By: Sassette

TrueXena: "life is like a box of rocks, you get hit in the head with it enough times, eventually you will stay down"

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 1:53 pm 
Great idea Sass!! and what a way to start. Willow Plate. hmmm I`d even enjoy doing the washing up!

Can`t wait for more!

-------------------------

"Nothing like gettin your ass kicked, to make your ass hurt!"

Buffy Series 5

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 2:26 pm 
Quote:
"Ice cream, if you don't eat your broccoli?"
Heh.

Now I think I'll imagine licking Chunky Monkey off of Willow.

Hey Sass, what kind of ice cream are you wearing?

Autumn

-----------

Buffy: I could wrestle naked in grease for a living and still be cleaner than after a shift at the Doublemeat.

Willow: Plus, I'd visit you at work every single day. --- "Normal Again" shooting script

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 2:38 pm 
**tommo: Thank you *G* And I'm sure it's VERY possible ... and Good Lord, if you're W or T, I'd say it's impossible NOT to ... I just felt like letting Tara comment on it *G*

**WillowTarafan98: Excellent - there will be much cuteness in this thread - this I promise.

**LeatherQueen: And I shall continue to do so, over and over, until people don't need OR want reminding anymore. I figure that'll be, oh ... ten thousand years from now?

**Katharyn: Heh, well ... there were a few things that I felt like addressing about the whole point of this series. That is, it has no point, except to spread warm fuzzy feelings. But yes, it's possible ice cream may appear again.

**jdcioffi: LOL ... Hmmm ... I wonder what other bizarre things I can make people wish they were ...

**Sweetjane: Really, it depends on the company, doesn't it? ;) And thank you ... both flattery and flirtation are welcome any time *G*

**ExtraFlameyWT: LOL. People wanna BE the plate, people wanna HAVE the plate ... you are all so much fun *G* And I'll have more vignettes as time allows. I'm probably going to finish up AD this weekend or early next week, and after that, I'll write LOTS of vignettes while I work on other things.

**TX: Of course you do ;) And yes, I'll take requests. Drop an email to pink_overalls@yahoo.com if you have a vignette request. I will, however, ignore smut requests. I'm looking for requests involving: situations, settings, or pieces of dialogue. That is not to say there won't be any smut, just ... not on demand *G*

**capricornmist: I think people would be fighting over dish-washing duty there *G* And thank you!

**Autumn: *snicker* You said "chunky monkey". And *cough* That would be telling ...

-Sass

Edited by: Sassette at: 5/10/02 1:43:56 pm

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 2:53 pm 
This is such a good idea. I love the ice cream part:o cant wait for the next addition:grin

*****Faye*****See ya later Squidinater

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 3:40 pm 
Gosh..... that made me all fuzy and pink, now I have to go cook a dinner party for 8 and I am squisy:shy

T: "I think we can safely say we've lost our Library privileges"

"Final Exam" by: Tommo

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 3:44 pm 
Sassette this line of Tara's ("I suppose they're um...like literary pictures? Photographs? Just kind... a little moment of time".) captures so well what you have displayed in this piece. It was sweet, and so very in character by showing the discussion about vignettes through the eyes of Willow in the scientist role, and then getting a different perspective from Tara by seeing the beauty/nature of it. I am really enjoying the idea of spending a specific moment in time with W&T, and look forward to reading the next moment whenever you have a chance to update.

By the way I just wanted to say I really love the journey W&T are going through in your Answering Darkness story. I am quite behind on the chapters, which is why I haven't given feedback lately, but I look forward to this weekend catching-up to seeing how Tara gets herself out of Hell. You are an amazing writer, and I just wanted to let you know that your story is greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 3:52 pm 
Truly Inspired, Sassette. The snippets into their lives - every inconceivable moment (of happiness, sadness, joy, love etc) can now be written about without the need for continuity - except that it will always be about the two of them, together

It will definitely be just like the tag on the board - pure unadulterated W & T 24/7

Just Edited to add- you can have guest writers like Ruth (big anvil sized hint ) do a companion piece to the ones you wrote, you know if the kittens make requests :)

-----------------------------

You must think that something is happening with you, that life has not forgotten you, that it holds you in its hand; It will not let you fall

And Death shall have no Dominion

Edited by: jomarch at: 5/10/02 3:06:06 pm

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 4:17 pm 
This is an awsome idea by an awsome author!!

Sass...you are great. Did you know that or is this praise coming as a surprise?

And as fro requests....that would be cool too....

And I am anxiously awaiting the next one!

Willowfan:)

“Love’s bitch?” Spike asked softly...
“Woman enough to admit it,” Willow agreed with a nod and a sad half-smile.

“Cheers, luv,” Spike whispered...
-Answering Darkness by Sassette

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 4:23 pm 
This is such a cool idea Sassette, i really loved this first one :)

can't wait for the next one :grin

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son

If there are any questions, you may direct them to that brick wall over there.

Is he evil? He smells evil

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 4:25 pm 
Ohh..I really, really like it, Sassette! Keep up the good work, can't wait till the next one.

---------------------------------------

"Hey, Will, this is me. It doesn't have to be all good and fine. This is the room you don't have to be brave in. I still love you. If you're worried, you can be worried"

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 4:41 pm 
Sass.....that was a great little start to your new project. I liked the first one. Can't wait til the second one. I am assuming that the stories don't go together or in any type of order do they? :bounce :bounce

_____________:evil WOLFLORD :evil ____________________

Sometimes I think of them doing spells and I have a spell by myself.

Post subject: rad
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 4:58 pm 
just rad. hugs!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 6:10 pm 
I love it so far!!! Excellent and supurb!!!

One question though...um...what's a Vignette? :shy

---------------

Oh I could just see a British Slayer! *bad English accent* Excuse me mister vampire...could you quite possibly refrain from killing whilst I take my tea break?- Buffy in Lisa's Reward and Reprisal

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 12:04 am 
**fairydust: Thank you *G* And yeah, the ice cream bit. That Tara is so ... Mmmmm... *cough* Anyway. I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!! Oh, Sweet Baby Jesus, that's Amber in Plaid. Love it, love it, love it *G*

**Karzia: Ummm ... sorry to have made you all pink and fuzzy? ;) Hope you had fun with your dinner party.

**VampNo12: Why, thank you *G* I'm really glad you like the concept - and I'm extremely happy at how low-stress it's going to be for me ... I can just sit down, pound out some cute stuff, post it, then work on something else, getting my warm and fuzzy W/T moments in, and having time for all the things I've been neglecting lately *G* And thanks for your nice comments on AD - and it's a frickin' monster of a story at 400+ pages, and the updates come pretty fast, so no worries about having to catch up, okay? And I appreciate your appreciation.

**jomarch: Oh yeah ... W/T love 24/7 ... and what could possibly be wrong with that? And it's going to be random things ... it's going to be little things ... it's going to be ... lots of fun for me, actually *G* I'll have to ponder the guest writer thing ... because there are so many really good writers on this board that I'd kind of feel like I should ask them ALL to guest write (not that they'll all want to, mind you), but on the other hand, I'd want to keep the guest writers to a minimum. And just how would one go about picking and choosing which writers to guest write? I'm not sure that's a can of worms I'm interested in opening.

**Willowfan: Why, thank you *G* I've been meaning to say I like your sig, btw ;) And actually, it's a surprise ... not that I don't think I'm good, mind you - but I certainly don't think I'm THAT good *G* I have the next three or four all planned out, and I'll probably do one of those tonight.

**Grimaldi: Thank you - I'm really glad you liked it *G* I'm thrilled that everyone likes the overall concept and that they liked this first one. Y'all are awesome *G*

**Maclay Tara: Heh ... the next one will be up tonight ... I seem to recall promising some smoochies over in the AD thread, which I will make good on in this thread *G*

**Wolflord: Thank you *G* And yes, they don't go together, and are in no particular order. This last one was season six - the next one will be season four. In fact not only will all of these have nothing to do with one another, I'll probably end up writing the same thing several different ways - like, their first hand-holding being written in two or more vignettes in as many different situations - all that season four stuff happened off-screen, so there are as many ways for them to get together as writers can possibly imagine. I intend to imagine these things in LOTS of different ways.

**Rane018: Thank you! *G*

**foreverpiper: Glad you like it - thanks! *G* And a vignette is a short piece of writing that's usually just description, like the writer talking about a sunset, or a beach, or a brick wall. They're generally one scene, no plot and little to no action. I'm going to be bending the rules by making mine rather dialogue-heavy, but as they're going to be so darn short, I figure they're going to JUST make it into the vignette category. I've a request and one idea of my own that technically would be a very short story rather than a vignette, but *shrug* it's my thread ... I'll include them anyway.

-Sass

I Think The Hellmouth Tastes Like Chicken -- Autumn

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 12:56 am 
*sitting around waiting for the promissed smoochies*

Tra la la...

---------------------

Tara: "C-can you just be kissing me now?" - in 'Entropy'

Tara: "Its good to be a chicken casserole." -in 'Answering Darkness' By: Sassette

TrueXena: "life is like a box of rocks, you get hit in the head with it enough times, eventually you will stay down"

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 2:27 am 
Hi Sassette, yes you shouldn't open any can of worms if you don't want to:grin And just for the record, in what world would no one want to write with you ????That's incomprehensible :) . Just wanted to reiterate this is an amazing idea.

Just write whatever, I'll be here reading....

-----------------------------

You must think that something is happening with you, that life has not forgotten you, that it holds you in its hand; It will not let you fall

And Death shall have no Dominion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52  Next