The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Songfic: Don't Wanna Miss A Thing
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:14 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Okay, I'm just going to tell everyone here and now, this is it. There are no updates, this is a one-post deal. Okay? Okay.

Title: Don't Wanna Miss A Thing
Author: Naeryn, aka Megan
Song: Don't Wanna Miss A Thing (Armageddon) - Aerosmith
Disclaimers: Aerosmith owns the song. I don't. Joss and ME own the characters. I don't. Got it?
Notes: I know the song has probably been done a hundred times before, but what can I say? I love it, and I was inspired. It's set in between Entropy and Seeing Red, just before Willow and Tara speak to each other.

Willow smiled as the first soft rays of sun shone through the window. The early morning light cast a soft, gentle glow over the form of her sleeping lover. She lay half on top of Tara, her head cradled between her breasts. She tilted her head back a little to look at the witch’s sleeping face, and couldn’t resist the urge to reach up and lightly caress her cheek and jaw.

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you’re far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure

She couldn’t believe it when Tara had walked into her room last night. What she’d said… “Things fall apart. They fall apart so hard. You can’t ever put them back the way they were, you know? I’m sorry, it’s just… you can’t just have coffee and expect…There’s just so much to work through. You have to find out if… if we’re even the same people we were. If we can fit in each other’s lives. It’s a long and important process and… can we just skip it? Can… can you just be kissing me now?”

And Willow had. She’d clung to Tara desperately, half afraid she was some magic-withdrawal-induced hallucination, her mind thinking to give her what she most wanted and then snatch it cruelly away. But she’d been real. It had all been more real than anything else she’d ever experienced, the magic, even the love they’d shared previously.

Don’t wanna close my eyes
I don’t wanna fall asleep
‘Cause I miss you babe
And I don’t wanna miss a thing
‘Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I still miss you babe

They’d made love then. Passionately, wholly wrapped up in each other again. Hours exploring and relearning each other in a flurry of heat and fire and a lust seated within a deep love. But these moments, when she could just lie in Tara’s arms and watch her, the woman she loved more than the world, the reason she fought to save the world, sleeping securely beside her, under her, over her… Heaven wasn’t clouds and pearly gates. To Willow, heaven was Tara’s arms.

Lying close to you, feeling your heart beating
And I’m wondering what you’re dreaming
Wondering if it’s me you’re seeing
And then I kiss your eyes and thank God we’re together
I just wanna stay with you in this moment forever
Forever and ever

Her eyes drifting lazily half-closed, Willow pressed a gentle, loving kiss to the side of Tara’s full, bared breast. She looked down at her pale, freckled arm lying across Tara’s smooth, unblemished stomach and smiled at the contrast.

‘Cause I miss you babe
I still miss you babe

The light shone brighter now, and Tara was stirring gently under Willow. Smiling, the redhead pushed herself up onto her elbow and looked down as Tara’s brow furrowed, upset with the loss of her blanket. She reached out and ran her finger from the top of Tara’s forehead, at her hairline, to the very tip of Tara’s nose.

I don’t wanna miss one smile
I don’t wanna miss one kiss
I just wanna be with you
Right here with you
Just like this
I just wanna hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time, yeah

Blue eyes fluttered open and Tara greeted her lover with a lazy, tired smile. Her heart felt fit to burst with joy. Some spell lay over them of it’s own design, and she didn’t want to speak for fear of breaking it. She turned on her side to fully face Willow and reached down to trace circles on the back of her lover’s hand where it lay on her hip.

‘Cause I miss you babe
I still miss you babe

Tara smiled and closed her eyes again, worming her way forwards to bury her face in the crook of Willow’s bent arm. Willow smiled again and eased herself back down to rest her head on the pillow, snaking her arm over Tara’s back and pulling her as close as she could.

‘Cause I miss you babe
I still miss you babe

Gently, Willow pressed her lips to Tara’s forehead and closed her eyes, letting herself drift off to sleep in the pale, dusty light of the early morning.

I don’t wanna miss a thing

Post subject: Re: Songfic: Don't Wanna Miss A Thing
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:47 pm 
3. Flaming O

That was simply beautiful. :flower

Christina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:50 am 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

Ooh so frigging beautiful :x . Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong and those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler. [Evan Rachel Wood]

Credit for icon: lj user crazedxinsanity

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:30 am 
2. Floating Rose

Wow, that was simply lovely, it made me feel all warm inside, hehe :clap

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:49 am 
2. Floating Rose

Beautiful, Nae. No doubt due to the fact that I was playing that song and getting all teary eyed from it the other day. XD
This peice deeply reminds me of past pains, and I find it quite touching at that. Your writing has a way of reaching deep into me and re-opening old wounds: I admire that. =:3 (Bunny rabbit. Fear it. )

Keep up the good work, Naeryn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:21 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hi :wave

That was beautiful. A small moment in time that captures their love and connection perfectly.

And that song fits the situation so well. It feels desperate, it feels raw, it feels passionate. And you mixed the song and Willow's thoughts so well. I was reading it and I was thinking "that's it, that's exactly what Willow must have been feeling at that moment in time."

Although I really loved your song fic when I finished reading it I was left with a bittersweet taste on my mouth. Because as happy as they were in that moment I know that tomorrow will come and things will go horribly wrong for them. :sob

Anyway, great work :bow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:32 am 
3. Flaming O

wonderful megan wonderful!!!