The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chances Are
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:31 am 
3. Flaming O

[center]Chances Are
by Susan L. Carr
skeeter451@mysticmuse.net
Copyright © 2006
[/center]

Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: All non-original characters herein belong to persons such as Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, UPN, WB, etc, etc, etc, rather than me, myself and I. No compensation is received by me, only the pleasure I take in writing it.
Distribution: Please ask.
Spoilers: S4: Hush. After that it’s AU.
Author's Notes: Written for Elisabeth's and Kallie Kat's Which Witch Ficathon.
The premise: What if Oz never cheated on Willow?
In this story, Buffy slayed Veruca during the first night of the wolf moon and Oz didn't escape his cage.
Dedication: This is in memory of Karma, whose very existence enhanced our own.
Pairing: Willow/Tara
Summary: Willow is forced to ask herself some hard questions.
[hr]Part 1
Meeting

The banging from the hallway startled Willow awake, a small part of her mind chastising herself for drooling on her desk again, the rest of her on alert for danger. Without hesitation, she opened the door to investigate.

Stepping outside the door, she was suddenly bowled over by a larger, but soft body, her ankle twisting painfully under their combined weight. The pain blinded Willow a moment and when her eyes cleared, she found herself being helped up by a vaguely familiar face. She glanced down the corridor to see two of the Gentlemen grinning evilly and a couple of their minions shuffling toward them. She turned and allowed the blonde to lead them to the fire exit.

Desperate to escape, Willow tried to ignore the pain shooting up her leg and leaning heavily on the other girl as she hopped down the stairs. The urgency emanating off of her companion prompted her to ignore the sharp pain as they reached the basement and crashed through the doors of the laundry room with the demons hot on their heels.

The two women slammed the door and flipped the lock only moments before the minions caught up with them. Willow looked around and hobbled to the soda machine with the other girl close on her heels. They tried to move the machine, but pain shot up Willow's leg and she collapsed on the floor clutching her ankle. From the way the door was shaking Willow knew it would only be a few moments before the latch gave and both her and the girl would be unwilling heart donors – without the anesthesia.

You can do this, Rosenberg, she thought. Just like a pencil, only big…and rectangular…and metal. Concentrate!

With all her effort, she focused her mind on moving the heavy machine, but it only twitched a bit. Disappointed, Willow slumped back against the washing machine. She tried to control her panic by breathing deeply when she felt a tentative touch on her hand from her almost-forgotten companion. She glanced down as the girl intertwined their fingers and then up to look into incredibly blue eyes.

Magic…and power, she thought in ecstasy as she felt the girl's energy begin to combine with her own, building to a crescendo. As one, the two girls unleashed the power at the machine which crashed against the shaking door. A moment later the pounding stopped.

Breathing heavily – this time from excitement rather than fear – Willow looked back at the other girl. She's from the Wicca group, she suddenly remembered. What was her name again?

Tara Maclay, Willow heard in her mind and she dropped the girl's hand in astonishment.

Sorry, Tara mouthed blushing furiously. She motioned to their hands and Willow nodded, understanding it was the magical connection they'd just shared which allowed the thought transference.

The blonde stood up awkwardly and began rummaging through the lost laundry pile in a corner. She returned with a long crew sock and began tending to Willow's injury, keeping her head down.

Willow watched as the girl gently bound her ankle with the makeshift bandage. Her movements were sure as she completed the first aid, but Willow noticed she kept her face hidden with her long hair. To her surprise, Willow wanted to push the hair back so she could get a better look at Tara's face.

Finally, the blonde finished and with a sigh sat back against the washing machine, this time – to Willow's disappointment – with more distance between them.

"That should hold you for a bit, b-but you better get some ice on it before it swells up more," Tara said and then her eyes widened as she realized she had spoken aloud.

Willow laughed at Tara's surprised expression and then gave her a wide smile. "Thanks for the help, it's just a sprain…I've had worse."

Tara smiled in return, but then she frowned. "I'm sorry about knocking you over, I'm not c-c-coord…well, I'm kinda clumsy."

"Hey, I totally get it," Willow said. "Besides…running from demons…best strategy in my book."

Tara glanced down at the floor. "Do…do you think it's safe to go? You really should get ice on that ankle."

Willow nodded and grabbed the top of the washer. Tara quickly moved to help her stand and the two girls stopped as they turned to the door to find it still blocked by the heavy machine.

"Think we can do it again?" Willow asked.

Tara nodded. "Just like before," she said and shyly held out her hand.

Willow eagerly took it and as before exhilarated at the feeling of Tara's essence flowing through her body. With barely a thought the vending machine slid away from the door. Willow gave Tara a sly grin and with a thought unlatched the door and opened it.

Show off, Tara thought and Willow felt the other girl's amusement through the link. Then she reluctantly let go of Tara's hand and allowed the girl to help her up the stairs.
[hr]Willow heard Buffy enter the dorm room later that night. The Slayer tried to be quiet, but with a clatter dropped her crossbow on top of the weapons pile in the chest.

"Sorry…" Buffy whispered.

"It's okay," Willow mumbled, turning over and facing her friend even though she couldn't see much through the darkness. "Do you need some light?"

"Nah, I'm good," Buffy said and began to strip.

"So, the baddies all go boom?" Willow asked.

"Totally boom," Buffy said. "Really gross in fact. But the Gentlemen won't be bothering us again."

"Slayer Saves Sunnydale…Again. News at Eleven," Willow quipped and yawned. "Good job, Buff."

"Thanks," Buffy replied as she donned her robe. "I'm gonna hit the shower. Night Will."

"Night," Willow turned over and again tried to fall asleep, but her thoughts were on the evening's adventures. Not on the Gentlemen…she had known the moment their voices returned that Buffy had taken care of them and they were no longer a threat. Instead, her thoughts focused on the blonde witch she had shared the adventure with. Tara Maclay her mind whispered and she remembered how it resonated when Tara herself had projected the thought into her head. There was something about the woman that drew Willow. Must be the magic, she thought. I wonder if she'll want to practice spells with me. She is a part of that stupid Wicca group, but maybe she was just there looking for someone…like me.

By the time Buffy returned from her shower, Willow was fast asleep, content with the knowledge that she'd be meeting the intriguing witch the following day.
[hr]Willow smiled at the compliment from the other witch. She was elated. Tara was a real witch and had been practicing for forever and she did seem to be looking for someone to partner with.

"I don't think I'm that special," Willow replied. "But I did stay in Sunnydale hoping to meet other witches. I knew two in high school. One ran off to Seattle and the other…well, she has some rat issues."

"Rat issues?"

"Long story," Willow said. "I'll tell you later."

"O-okay," Tara replied and looked down shyly again. "I…I came to Sunnydale to find other witches to practice with, too. But with the Hellmouth here, m-most of them are on the dark side and that's not a path I want to travel on."

"You know about the Hellmouth?" Willow asked excitedly. "And you know about vampires and demons and all that?"

Tara nodded. "Of course," she said. "It's one of the reasons w-why I came here. My mother told me about it and before she died she said I should come here."

"If your mother knew about Sunnydale, I'm surprised she didn't tell you to run the other way."

Tara chuckled. "Evil exists everywhere," Tara said. "But my mother was…well, I guess you'd call her a seer. She said my destiny was here and I should come as soon as I was able."

"Wow," Willow said and thought a moment. "You know, I kinda feel that way too…like I'm supposed to be here. I mean, sure I was born and raised here, but when I had the opportunity to leave I decided to stay. I knew that I had to stay and fight on the side of good."

"With the S-s-slayer," Tara stuttered.

"You know about her too," Willow exclaimed.

"I've been in Sunnydale over a year now; it's hard not to know who Buffy Summers is. When I looked you up in the directory and saw who you roomed with, I knew you could probably help."

Willow sat in thought gazing at the other girl. Tara blushed under the look and looked away uncomfortably. She's so pretty, Willow thought. And she's so shy just like I was before Buffy and I don't think she even realizes how pretty she is. And she knows about Buffy and vampires and wants to help fight evil. With that thought she came to a decision.

"Tara," Willow said and waited until the girl looked up. "I'm glad we met and if it's okay, I'd like…well, I'd like us to be friends and maybe even more than friends."

Tara looked stunned. "M-more?"

"Yeah, I'd like to learn more about magic from you. Last night, I felt a strong connection when we touched and I think you felt it too. So…whaddya say? Want to be witchy buddies?"

Willow was confused for a moment as a brief look of disappointment passed over Tara's face, but then the classic features broke into a smile so bright Willow thought she must have imagined it. "I'd love to practice with you, Willow."

"Great," Willow said and then bit her lip as she thought a moment. "Um, where do you live? Do you have a roommate?"

Tara shook her head. "No, I took summer classes so I secured a single room which I refused to give up when the fall semester started." She tore off a piece of paper from her notebook and jotted some numbers. "Here's where I live and my phone number."

Willow glanced at the paper and then crumpled it up. Tara frowned in consternation and Willow grinned sheepishly. "Photographic memory," she said with a pink blush on her cheeks.

Tara smiled brightly. "Knew you were special," she said and then glanced at her watch. "Gotta run to class…c-call me if you want to get together, okay?"

Willow nodded and smiled as she watched Tara head off. Her head tilted in appreciation as she watched the movement of Tara's voluptuous behind in the worn, but obviously comfortable jeans. Not a twig like Buffy, she thought. Nice to see a woman who looks good with curves in all the right places.

She picked up her books and was heading to her class when she realized she had just been ogling her new friend. Oh gods! I'm channeling my vampire self again! Except I don't think it's her blood I want to suck. Willow pushed the thought from her mind and nearly ran from the building.

To be continued…

Last edited by skeeter451 on Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Chances Are
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:37 am 
17. Mega-Witches

This looks intriguing! Hush, but with Willow presumably in a relationship with Oz - fascinating. You got through the exposition pretty well/quickly. I wonder why they could talk right after Tara wrapped Willow's ankle, though - you weren't kidding about the AU!

Looking forward to more, Susan.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:42 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

This is really interesting...can't wait to read more, sweetie!

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:52 am 
5. Willowhand

Ooooo, this is a great start! I'm really looking forward to seeing how you set this up. More please!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:07 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Welcome back Susan, I'm soooooo happy that you're back in the writing space. Hush is so ingrained in us, but you've added fresh perspectives and given more depth to familiar scenes.

Quote:
it was the magical connection they'd just shared which allowed the thought transference.

one of the best explanations of their connection. The dialogue is smooth too, their rapport builds very quickly, with a little teasing and humor to help things along. The attraction is already there.

Tara is all knowledge-y about the hellmouth and the slayer. She'll make a good addition to the Scoobies. Your Tara is much more confident that the Tara in Hush. Me likes.

Also liking Buffy's awkwardness. It was the first time Buffy and Riley kissed, and she found out he's Initiative. But Willow was too engrossed in the new things / person in her life that she missed it.

Oh, and don't forget the update thread. Looking forward to more.
[br]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:02 am 
9. Gay Now

... Wow. I am very intrigued. Now my mind is thinking of all the self flaggelation and punishing Willow is about to embark on as she realizes her feelings toward Tara.

Great start! I can't wait to read more!

db

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:04 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Oooh, I liked that.

So when the girls touch the connection's so strong they can kinda talk through telepathy? I never thought of that before (somehow) but that's a very nice touch.

So Veruca was killed before Oz could cheat on Willow, but Oz is gone to control the werewolf or is he still in Sunnydale? Ah well, we will probably know that in time, right?

Of course, can't wait for smoochies, but hey, just keep updating and I'll be happy ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:40 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

firstly great start! i love the way you've built the characters up to the way we know and love them.

Quote:
Willow was confused for a moment as a brief look of disappointment passed over Tara's face, but then the classic features broke into a smile so bright Willow thought she must have imagined it. "I'd love to practice with you, Willow."

hehe we all knew that Tara had feelings for Willow from the moment she met her at wicca group.

Quote:
Willow nodded and smiled as she watched Tara head off. Her head tilted in appreciation as she watched the movement of Tara's voluptuous behind in the worn, but obviously comfortable jeans. Not a twig like Buffy, she thought. Nice to see a woman who looks good with curves in all the right places.

curves in the right places? are you trying to turn me on? lol!! look at Willow checking her out! love it!

Quote:
She picked up her books and was heading to her class when she realized she had just been ogling her new friend. Oh gods! I'm channeling my vampire self again! Except I don't think it's her blood I want to suck.

ok sucking something other than blood...again with the trying to turn me on!!! someone tell Willow that its not vampire Willow thats trying to come out!! :rofl
love this story and i will be waiting for the next update which is hopefully soon
kim xx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:46 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Great start. Interested to see how it develops.

Tara: I am, you know.
Willow: What?
Tara: Yours.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:47 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 2
Wow I love the story it has a wonderful start I can't wait for all the sexual tension thats gonna be there between them. I wonder how Oz is gonna take it. Is he gonna be mad or supportive will he still go find the cure or will he stay. Will he try to kill them? Wow i really can't wait please update it is already goin great though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:44 am 
2. Floating Rose

oh that was a great start.

umm Oz is still in the picture at this point right? hmm I'm thinking not for long tho' huh ;-) and Wills has an idea of her feelings for Tara so it's all good for the next part.

which will be... when? soon?? really soon???

:pray

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:12 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

A very interesting beginning. I notice Willow is far more open to "channeling [her] vampire self" as she appreciates Tara's figure quite a bit -- which I would not expect if Oz is still there and still Willow's boyfriend.

What might be interesting is Oz's reactions, especially as, having not gone to Romania and stuff, he would still be on the monthly cycle of lycanthropy.

Looking forward to reading more of this. :peace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:38 pm 
3. Flaming O

Thanks for all the comments guys. That's why I love this board, the work is read and commented on.

SallyMcFine wrote:
I wonder why they could talk right after Tara wrapped Willow's ankle, though

The fight after the laundry room scene didn't seem to take long, certainly not more than 5 minutes maybe. Just enough time for them to fiddle around and Tara to take care of Willow.

Watty wrote:
one of the best explanations of their connection. The dialogue is smooth too, their rapport builds very quickly, with a little teasing and humor to help things along. The attraction is already there.
Oh, and don't forget the update thread. Looking forward to more.

I used a similar explanation in another story I wrote which took place after "Get It Done." Willow explained to that woman that she had drawn on Tara's power almost from the moment they met so it was a gradual thing and not as sudden or painful as what Willow did in that episode.

kimmy_s wrote:
are you trying to turn me on?

I have to try now?

guitar_girl wrote:
I wonder how Oz is gonna take it. Is he gonna be mad or supportive will he still go find the cure or will he stay. Will he try to kill them?

CaptMurdock wrote:
What might be interesting is Oz's reactions, especially as, having not gone to Romania and stuff, he would still be on the monthly cycle of lycanthropy.

Good questions all. We'll just have to wait and see.

Update tonight after work.

Again, you guys are the best.

--->Susan

Last edited by skeeter451 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Chances Are – Part 2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:30 pm 
3. Flaming O

Chances Are
See header for disclaimers.

[hr]Part 2
Out

Willow was studying for her physics test and contemplating heading to the after hours café for a sandwich and mocha when the phone rang.

"Hello, Willow and Buffy's residence," she answered brightly.

"Hey Will," her boyfriend said.

"Hi Oz," she replied. "What's up?"

"The guys and I got a call from Shy's manager…you remember, that band with the werewolf? They haven't found a replacement lead singer yet so they had to cancel their gig in Los Angeles for tomorrow night. They were going to open for Blue October and the promoter agreed to let us fill in."

"Oh Oz!" Willow exclaimed. "That's wonderful! When do you leave?"

"Pretty much now," he said. "We need to get set up and learn a few new chords to cover for Shy's originals. I'm sorry about our date tomorrow. Do you wanna come to the show? I can spring for a bus ticket and a taxi to the venue if you want."

Willow thought a moment and an image of a glowing face with high cheekbones crossed her mind. "No, save your money. I'd like to…really, but I've got a paper due Monday…and so do you, Mister!" The last part was said sternly.

"I know…and I promise I'll work on it between sets," he said. "Thanks for emailing me the research."

"You're welcome," Willow said. "But you owe me."

Oz chuckled. "I promise I'll make it up to you in the best way possible."

"Oh yeah? How?" Willow said in a flirtatious voice.

"Well, remember that thing I did the last time you stayed over?"

"Oz!" Willow giggled, blushing.

He continued, "I've got some new ideas for places I haven't tried yet."

"Bad boy," she laughed. "Give the guys my love and go break a leg in L.A., okay?"

"Okay, baby," he said. "Love you."

"Me too," she said and hung up the phone. She glanced at her physics text a moment, but then turned and headed for the café.

[hr]Willow hit the coffee stand before ordering a grilled cheese from the short order cook. She paid using her student debit card and looked around for a seat. A pretty blonde sitting with a group of young women caught her eye and her heart thumped when she recognized Tara. She stood there undecided if she should just approach the group. Tara, as if sensing her presence, turned around and immediately saw Willow, a big grin breaking over her face. Tara waved her over and pulled an empty seat close to her.

Willow sat and shyly looked around the table as Tara introduced the other women.

"Sophina, S-stefanie, Mia and P-paula," Tara said pointing out each woman in turn. "Guys, this is W-w-willow, f-from the W-wiccan group."

There were a smattering of 'heys' and 'how ya doings' and 'wassups' as Willow busied herself sugaring her mocha. Of the group, Sophina was the most 'feminine' in her dress, makeup and hairstyle, but Willow noted that even with her clunky boots and heavy skirt Tara was far prettier than any of the girls. The one named Stefanie had short-cropped hair, but wore a size-too-small T-shirt that showed off her bountiful bosom and she sported a caduceus tattoo on her inside forearm. Paula, a short Hispanic girl with black hair, sat quietly and sipped her soft drink, but the eldest of the group – Mia, tall and lanky with long hair – eyed Willow with a look combining curiosity and appraisal.

Willow searched her brain for something they might have in common and then she flashed on Tara's introduction. After she took a sip of her mocha, she asked the group, "Are you all Wiccan?"

The one called Stefanie chuckled. "Just Paula…and Tara of course. The rest of us are active in another group on campus."

"Oh yeah, which one?" Willow asked. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Tara blushing again and with a passing thought noted how adorable she looked.

Mia seemed about to answer when Sophina elbowed her and pointed her chin at Tara and widened her eyes in warning. Mia glanced at the blonde and took a long look at Willow. As if coming to a decision, she shrugged. "I've got to get to the library…see ya gals later. Put more flyers out if you need to. Nice meeting you, Willow." She stood up and with a wave left. The other girls, except for Tara, all stood a moment later and with a round of 'see yas' and 'laters' and 'ta-tas' they left, leaving the two girls alone at the table.

Willow looked confused. "Okay, what'd I miss?"

Tara gave a half-smile, half-smirk that caused Willow's stomach to flip-flop. "The girls were checking you out on my behalf…before you came in, I was telling them I met someone."

Willow was pleased that Tara's friends cared enough to appraise Tara's potential friends – or mates, her mind chipped in – and also that they found her acceptable enough to leave Tara alone with her.

"So how'd I do?" she asked Tara with a grin.

"Pretty good so far," Tara said. "Mia's tough…if she didn't like you, she would s-say so."

Willow asked, "So did you meet them at that mysterious group?"

Tara's face turned pink again. "I met Sophina in my Freshman English class last year. She encouraged me to join the group. I figured why not? Part of the whole college experience is exploring who you are."

Willow face brightened as several clues and her own wishful hopes finally came together. She said knowingly, "Ah…you all belong to the Lesbian Alliance."

Tara nodded. "It's kinda fun, not all serious like the Wiccan group. At least the dances are a b-blast." She pulled a flyer out her pack and slid it over for Willow to look at. It was an announcement for a Meet & Greet event taking place the following night. "And no-one b-brings an empowering Bundt cake."

Willow burst out laughing at the joke. Tara smiled serenely as if happy at giving Willow joy.

Finally Willow stopped laughing and took a bite of her sandwich. "I haven't joined any groups yet, except the Wiccans…too busy fighting evil in between classes and study sessions," Willow explained. "And to be honest, I don't think I'll be going back to the Wanna Blessed-Bes."

"Me either," Tara chuckled at Willow's jibe. "I just stuck around hoping to find someone to practice with." She blushed again.

"And now you have!" Willow said brightly. Then she fingered the flyer thoughtfully. "Uh Tara…do you, um…are you going?"

"To the dance?" Tara said. "Yeah, I was planning to hang w-with the girls."

Willow bit her lip. "I kinda meant…um, are you going to the dance with anyone?"

"Willow, do you want to know i-if I have a girlfriend?" Tara smiled.

It was Willow's turn to blush. She looked into Tara's enchanting blue eyes and took a deep breath. "I want to know if you want to go to the dance with me, but I'm afraid of stepping on any toes, ya know?"

Tara's smile seemed to light up the room. "It's okay, Willow…I don't have a girlfriend and yes, I'd love to go to the dance with you."

Willow beamed. "That's great…wow, cool."

[hr]After asking Tara out, Willow's boldness fled and she changed to a more comfortable subject. The two girls chatted about different magical texts they had read while Willow finished her sandwich. Then realizing how late it was getting, Willow offered to walk Tara home. The evening was warm and pleasant and strangely free of creatures of the night. Outside Tara's door, Willow hesitated while Tara unlocked it. After she swung the door open, the blonde turned to Willow.

"Did you want to c-come in?" she asked. "Maybe for a soda or something?"

Willow's stomach did flip-flops again at the thought of or something. She smiled and shook her head. "I'd love to, but I've got some more studying to do."

"I understand," Tara said.

"But…tomorrow night, right?" Willow asked hopefully.

"Yes," Tara answered with a smile. "Shall we meet there or…?"

"I'll pick you up around seven, if that's okay?"

"More than," Tara answered. "I'll be looking f-forward to it all day."

"Me too," Willow said. She reached out a hand and ran it softly down Tara's arm and gave her hand a light squeeze before letting go. "Night, Tara."

"Good night, Willow," Tara said and waited until Willow turned the corner before closing her door.

Willow positively skipped back to Stevenson Hall, her hand still tingling from Tara's touch and bounced into her room. Buffy was sitting at her desk and studying for a change. The Slayer watched in amusement as Willow threw herself down on her bed and squeezed her stuffed teddy bear in happiness.

"Hey Willow," Buffy said with a laugh. "Good night?"

"The best," Willow sighed with joy.

"Special date with Oz?" Buffy asked.

Willow sat up and froze as she looked at her roommate in horror. "Oh god, Oz! I totally forgot all about him!"

Buffy stood up in alarm, immediately on Slayer alert. "What's wrong? He okay?"

Willow nodded numbly and whispered. "Yeah, he's with the Dingoes in L.A."

Buffy looked at Willow in confusion and asked, "Is everything all right?"

Willow nodded. "Yeah, I just forgot I was supposed to email him some research."

"Ah, okay then," Buffy said and then returned to her books.

For once Willow was glad her roommate leaned toward the self-absorbed side. She didn't have any idea how'd she explain to the Slayer about Tara. As the image of the blonde formed in her head, Willow felt her heart race. I've got a date with the prettiest girl in Sunnydale! she thought happily. Then her stomach churned in fear. I've also got a boyfriend. Can this get anymore complicated?

Jumping off the bed, Willow headed for the shower, her thoughts a mass of confusion.

What am I gonna do?

To be continued…

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:57 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Zee plot, she thickens!

Wow, so Willow is very bold, apparently - not only is she apparently aware that she's attracted to Tara, and not suffering from any coming out angst, but she's actually asking Tara to the dance, and FORGETTING that she has a boyfriend? Wow. Now, that's chemistry.

Something tells me Tara won't be too pleased when she finds out. Or Oz. Wonder if you'll stick to canon here and Oz will hook up with Veruca? So many questions! Can't wait for what's next.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:31 pm 
5. Willowhand

Awesome! I'm so excited to see what happens at the dance. And when Willow tells Tara about Oz. Poor Tara...:( That could be a heart breaker.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:47 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Quote:
I've got a date with the prettiest girl in Sunnydale! she thought happily. Then her stomach churned in fear. I've also got a boyfriend.

Oops!

Liking this story, looking forward to the next update! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:27 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Awww, I'm totally in love with this story! Great of you to treat us Kittens, Susan. :)

Looking forward to the next update!

diamondforever's fanfiction archive

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:03 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Susan,
This is the Director's cut of "Hush" complete with deleted scenes and insights into Willow and Tara's motivations for the laundry room scene.
There are so many moments of intimacy between the two of them in the laundry room showing the immediacy and strength of their union.
Tara wrapping Willow's ankle, their joining hands again to move the pop machine as a means of egress, and Tara's 'showoff' thought.
For Part Two, Willow is struck with a sudden and overwhelming case of the "Oz Who's?"
"Curses, foiled again. I have a boyfriend. But I have a date with the prettiest girl in Sunnydale."
Willow's solution is obvious but not very literary so I await how you draw out the tension as to how Willow sets about reconciling her attraction to Tara without having to pay much lip service to Oz.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:20 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Skeeter
I find this a really different approach to the usual W/T characters. Tara's just that bit more confident, and has a bunch of friends. Willow's also more confident, both with Oz (the flirting etc.) and with Tara, and she seems to recognise her attraction to Tara straight away.

I really admire the way you write all your characters and scenes so convincingly with seemingly little effort!

It's a refreshing and interesting fic, and I'm eagerly awaiting your next post.

Thanks
Anne

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:05 am 
2. Floating Rose

*pout*

for being such a smart cookie Willow sure does know how to get herself into trouble.

Tara is gonna be hurt when she finds out that Will has a boyfriend, and it'll be worse if someone other than Willow tells her.

But we've got a dance date to look forward to :pinky :party :pinky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:48 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

What do you do when you find yourself stuck between a longer term relationship with someone you really like and have a lot of history with, and someone you just met who you are subconsciously (and increasingly consciously) hopelessly attracted to? It's not so clear cut, Willow and Oz are still very much a couple, yet with Tara it seems like their attraction / chemistry is like a two forces that cannot be stopped.

Liking this Tara very much. Confident and has good friends. Sensitive ones too, to not out her before she's ready. She's still shy, like in canon, but it was hard to imagine someone as genuine as her not making any friends at college.

When a couple split up, it's not just one sided. You've built up the scenario where Willow isn't completely the innocent party, she thinks Tara is the prettiest girl on campus, and just set a date up. Oz is still there in the background and hasn't done anything wrong, yet (like Sally I'm curious about whether anything happens with Veruca). I like it very much since it's much more realistic -- affairs of the heart have so many different shades of grey don't they.
[br]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:29 am 
3. Flaming O

Im hooked :D keep :kgeek !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:07 am 
3. Flaming O

Ah... bad Willow. Going out with Tara when still with Oz... JUST DUMP OZ ALREADY!!! I WANT MORE W/T LOVE!

:: clear throat ::

Right. Love the story. Can't wait for more. :blush

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:17 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I almost (I repeat almost) feel sorry for Oz cause we all know who Willow is destined to be with! W/T Forever!
I'm really enjoying this fic
Can't wait for the dancing and the smoochies :wtkiss
More please?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:14 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Quote:
i have to try now?

not with me actually it happens quite a bit!!! ;-)
anyways another fantastically written update. i love the way you've written willow-shes still very smart but doesnt think twice about asking tara out on a date even though she has a boyfriend who she was flirting with on the phone earlier in the day. poor tara is gonna be hurt when she finds out though. im sure it'll all work out in the end though. cant wait for the next update.
kim xx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:29 am 
5. Willowhand

Why is it this author always seems to amaze me? I mean I have read everything she has written and yet with each new fanfic I am still blown away by her? Susan you are truly gifted. Like with all your others I shall be reading this and sitting back in awe. :pray for another long update with just as many surprises.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:07 pm 
9. Gay Now

the clearly blind Sally wrote:
Wonder if you'll stick to canon here and Oz will hook up with Veruca?
the equally blind watty wrote:
like Sally I'm curious about whether anything happens with Veruca

Dudes! See notes r.e. Buffy slayed Veruca during the first night of the wolf moon. So unless Oz is into more kink than I think anyone is ready for, there will be no Oz/Veruca.

Unfortunately, that's setting Willow up to be the lyin' cheatin' hussy with that she-vixen Tara "Girlfriend Stealer" Maclay. And you know, I'm surprisingly okay with that. Angst ahead! *makes foghorn sound* Very clever story, Susan. I love 'what if' scenarios, and your writing is wonderful as always. Looking forward to more.

-Cam

Last edited by tarawhipped on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:03 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 2
Hey I love this story it's vey well written definitly gonna be one of my favs. I love the end of this chapter. I wonder whos gonna make the first move and I can't wait to find out. Does Willow already know that she has feelings for Tara and shes not bumfusseld? Oh well as long as we get some smoochies soon i don't care. OH you could make something happen at the dance to get them really close mabye a kiss? Well update soon please i'm already hooked.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:17 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hey Susan,
Awesome start. I love the AUs you've done on canon here. First off, it's nice to see a real contest between Tara and Oz. I have to say that I always thought it wasn't really a "fair fight" between them. So this evens it a bit. I love the way you've depicted the connection W/T share through the magic and the way that turns Willow on (in multiple ways). Tara seems much more self-confident here and we see that she has friends who care about her (not canon it would seem). Finally, this Willow who boldly asks Tara out (even though Willow has a bf) is very fun and exciting. Can't wait for more.