The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Curse the damn flu ( updated 26st feb )
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:24 am 
3. Flaming O

Author: Zodiax
Title: Curse the damn flu.
Parings: W/T
Ratings: PG
Disclaimer: All Joss’s. I’m just borrowing.
Spoilers: Um.. Unless you don’t know Miss Kitty exists then stop reading?
Summary: Tara catches the flu. Fluffiness ensures.
Notes: I’m a sucker for fluff. Complete sucker for fluff. So yes onto the large marshmallow cloud we go! It's my second w/t fic and it's set somewhere in seasons 4 and 5.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tara Maclay shivered under the cold breeze of the air-conditioner. It felt like the north pole in the library. She had absent-mindedly forgotten to bring along a jacket and figured it took too much time to go back to her room to get one.

She blew hot air into her hands, rubbing it simultaneously as she read her art appreciation textbook and did her best to silence her chattering teeth. Other students that were in the library seemed cold too, but the librarian was indifferent, which meant that the temperature probably won’t change until the librarian left. Tara sighed and closed her book. She realised she’ll never be able to absorb anything in this Antarctic temperature. Packing her bags, she walked out into the humid night’s air, feeling the warmth creep up her cheeks.

She made her way back to the dorms, where Willow was already asleep on the bed, Miss Kitty curled up beside her. Tara smiled. She couldn’t believe she had a girlfriend as adorable and as loving as her darling Willow. Setting her bag down, she crawled silently beside Willow, careful to not wake her up. Miss Kitty woke up and jumped down from the bed, slightly annoyed at the sudden disturbance. Tara opened her textbook again and tried to study, but to no avail. She hopped off the bed, still careful not to wake the redhead out of her slumber and went to the bathrooms to take a hot shower.

Tara drenched herself in the heat of the hot water, quickly warming up herself up. She still felt cold, even after showering and being outside the library for a while now. But dismissed it, thinking it was because of the low temperatures her body had been exposed to. After washing herself, she turned off the water and towelled herself off. She shivered slightly under her clothes and felt a sudden bout of lameness.

“ Must be an after-effect of the cold. I’ll be fine once I get a good night’s sleep.”

She told herself while walking back to the room.

When Tara came back, Willow was still fast asleep on the bed, breathing soundly. The blonde crawled into the bed beside her and fell into a deep slumber seconds later.

The next morning, Tara woke up with a throbbing headache and a bad case of the shivers. Willow had already woken up and she knew by the strong scent of fresh coffee in the air. Tara snuggled deeper under the covers, hiding her obvious discomfort. She glanced at the clock.

“ Seven thirty. Classes start at eight.”

Despite her mind telling her to get up, her body wouldn’t respond. Willow poured the coffee into two mugs and brought one to Tara’s bedside.

“ Tara? Tara honey, Time to get up sweetie.”

She shook Tara lightly, making sure she didn't spill the coffee on her. Tara opened her eyes and saw Willow looking down at her, smiling and holding her white mug.

“ Get up Tara Maclay. It’s already seven thirty. You have that stupid art exam today. Now pull off the covers and get up.” She told herself.

Searing pain shot through her head as she pulled off her duvet cover and sat up. She took the cup from Willow and drank a sip of the hot liquid, warmth relieving her pain for a few seconds. Her head throbbed aggressively, telling her to go back to sleep.

Willow sensed Tara’s discomfort and squeezed her hand affectionately. Her hand felt hot against her own, and Willow knew it wasn’t because of the coffee. She sat on the bed, letting Tara lean against her shoulder and felt Tara’s forehead with the back of her hand.

“Sweetie, you’ll have to forget about that art exam today. You’re burning up.”

Tara groaned softly, worrying Willow.

“I’ll call the professor and tell her you’re in no condition to take the paper okay? Don’t worry darling. I'll take care of everything. You just get your rest.” She gently lowered Tara’s head onto the pillow, pulling the covers up. Grabbing a towel from the sink in their room, she dampened it and placed it on Tara’s forehead, kissing her cheek then walking on over to the phone.

The professor was understanding and told Willow that Tara could take the exam another time. The redhead thanked her and proceeded to inform her own professors that she wouldn’t be attending her classes. It was lucky she only had two classes to attend and both were revision classes so she didn’t feel pressured to not skip them. All she wanted do was stay by her sick girlfriend’s side and take care of her.

“ Doctor. Right. I have to get her to the doctor. I’ll call Xander and ask him to drive us.” Willow punched in Xander’s number while looking at the pained expression on Tara’s soft features, worrying Willow even further.

“ Heeeeello? Xander here.”

“ Hey Xander. It’s Willow. I’m wondering if you're free, that you could possibye drive us to the doctor’s?”

“ Willow! Sure thing. Are you sick or something?”

“ No. Not me. Tara. She’s burning up and I can tell she’s in pain. It’s probably nothing more than the flu but I want to bring her to the doctor’s just in case.”

“ Okey Dokey. I’ll pick you up in an hour or so?”

“ Yeah that’ll be great. Thanks Xander.”

Willow hung up and put down the phone. Thank goodness Xander was available. She heard the rustle of the duvet and walked on over to Tara’s side. She saw Tara sit up, clearly uncomfortable.

“W-Willow?”

“ Shhh. Darling I’m here.” Willow responded, wrapping her arms around her pained lover, kissing her forehead.

Tara sank into Willow’s arms, already feeling some of the pain disappear simply at the contact. She felt Willow lie down, gently guiding her back onto the pillow but not breaking the embrace. It was amazing how she could make her feel so safe, so secure, so comfortable even when she felt half-dead and limp. Tara closed her eyes and breathed in Willow’s scent of jasmine and cinnamon, making her drift off into a light, comfortable sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading :D
Feedback greatly appreciated!
( and wanted heeheeeheee )

Last edited by Zodiax on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Curse the damn flu ( New story (: )
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:36 am 
19. Yummy Face

Good beginning... I wish I have a Willow to take care of me now that I have a flu...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:40 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Very sweet, I'm a total sucker for fluff too. Angst can be all so powerful and whatnot, but fluff just makes me happy :)

You have a lovely, easy to read style of writing. I vote that you post more some time!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:30 pm 
3. Flaming O

Awe... this story is so cute! I love fluff stories, and Willow is just so loving. Can't wait to read more! Great work so far!

Post subject: Re: Curse the damn flu ( Update 21st Feb )
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:48 am 
3. Flaming O

Zampsa1975 : Thanks (: Don't we all wish we had a Willow?
EmslnNz: You got that right. Fluff makes people happy. Thanks for the compliment :D
lilkitty1389: Willow's adorable. She'll do anything for Tara XD

Notes: I’m a sucker for fluff. Complete sucker for fluff. So yes onto the large marshmallow cloud we go!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Willow lay together with Tara, arms wrapped around her as the blonde drifted in and out of her light slumber. Her heart lurched as she brushed her long hair away from her face, feeling her hot breath on her skin. She must be feeling terrible. God… If only I could do something. Anything to lessen the pain. Willow planted comforting kisses on Tara’s warm forehead, hoping to kiss the pain away. Tara snuggled closer to Willow in her sleep, seeking the comfort of her girlfriend’s embrace. The two laid together for a while, until a loud honk woke them both up. Xander… Willow gently removed her arms away from Tara and got up from the bed.

“ Honey? Xander’s here. We’re gonna take you to the doctor. Can you get up baby?”

“ I-I think s-so.” She stuttered and got up from the bed. She wobbled around, legs feeling like jelly. Shivers coursed through her body as she felt a breeze from the open window. Willow quickly put her coat on Tara and supported her down the stairs to Xander’s car.

“ Hey Will. Hey Tara. Hope you’re feeling better.” Xander said as he opened the back door of the Honda, helping Willow to carry Tara into the back seat of the car. The redhead took her seat beside her, closing the door and snapping both their seatbelts into place. Xander revved up the engine and pressed on the accelerator, driving off towards the hospital. Tara dropped her head on Willow’s shoulder, sighing and closing her eyes. Willow ran her fingers through Tara’s hair, stroking it gently, hoping her girlfriend would find some relief soon.

“ I-I’m sorry I’m so needy.” Tara murmured, guilt in her voice.

Willow shook her head in disagreement. She gently lifted Tara’s chin with one hand, the other entwining her fingers with Tara’s. She gazed into her sapphire blue coloured eyes and smiled.

“ Hey, Baby. I love you and you know that. All I want for you is to get better and I’ll do anything to make that happen. You’re my girlfriend, Tara. And you’re the best girl I’ve known in my entire life. If I don’t sit here and pamper and make soup and hot chocolate for you, I’m being a bad girlfriend. And I don’t want to be a bad girlfriend. So don’t you worry your fevered little head. I’ll always be here to take care of you.”

Willow kissed the top of Tara’s head, giving her a reassuring squeeze to her hand, filling Tara with a sense of adoration and pride, easing the guilt in her heart. The temptation to just kiss her right there was strong, but the throbbing headache was too overpowering. She didn’t want Willow to catch what she had anyway.

“ I love you.” She muttered weakly, her voice failing her.

“ I love you too.” Willow responded, nuzzling her cheek against Tara’s.

“ Sorry to interrupt, but we’re here. You guys get off first and I’ll go park the car. I don’t trust those valet parking people. They seem so… I’m-gonna-take-this-car-drag-racing-ish. So I’ll see you in the clinic.”

Xander stopped at the hospital entrance, getting out of the car to assist Willow, then climbing back in and drove off to find a parking space while getting glares from the valet parkers. Willow held Tara’s hand, guiding her through the hallways to the fairly empty clinic. They approached the receptionist who stared suspiciously at them, but handed them a clipboard with a form on it. Willow took the clipboard from the receptionist and sat down on a chair with Tara, looking over it.

“ Pfft. All of these medical forms are all the same. Are you pregnant Tara?” She asked cheekily, smirking and hovering her pen over the “yes” box.

Tara chuckled and shook her head, which she regretted as the pain resurfaced, but put on a brave face to not worry Willow.

“ Are you Single, In a Relationship, Married, Divorced or Widowed? Do they count lesbian relationships in the “In a Relationship” heading? We’ll just tick yes. Allergies? Shrimp. Occupation? Student slash Witches? No just students. Don’t want ‘em to get suspicious. Ooh. Are you sexually active? Definitely a yes.”

Willow smiled as she saw Tara blush a shade of red, nodding meekly. After handing the pen and the form back to the receptionist, Willow slipped a hand around Tara’s waist, pulling her lover closer to her. Tara responded by nuzzling her head into Willow’s cardigan, resting her head on her shoulder. The nurse shifted uncomfortably in her uniform, staring knowingly at the two lovers. Willow’s eyes met the nurse’s briefly, jolting her from her trance. She cleared her throat and called out Tara’s name.

“ Tara Maclay? The doctor will see you now.”

The two got up and walked towards the doctor’s office. Willow winked at the nurse, who blushed a deep shade of red and shuffled her feet. Tara knocked on the office door, slowly turning the doorknob and entered the room. Willow followed suit and took a seat beside Tara. The doctor pushed up his glasses and held the clipboard with the form that Willow filled up. He smiled at Tara reassuringly, placing the clipboard on his desk.

“ It looks like you’ve just caught the flu. Nothing a little rest and relaxation will cure. But we might give you something for the bad headache and fever you have. You afraid of needles?”

“N-N-Needles?” Tara stammered. Willow felt her tense up. Tara could fight demons and perform difficult spells, but she was absolutely terrified of needles.

The doctor pulled out a syringe from his high cupboard and a bottle of clear liquid. He removed the syringe from the wrapper and extracted a small amount of medicine from the bottle. The doctor asked Tara to take off her coat and lift up the sleeve of her shirt and swabbed the area with alcohol. Willow felt the fear emanating from Tara. She squeezed Tara’s hand, giving her a reassuring smile and whispered in her ear.

“ Don’t worry darling. I’m here. It’s just a little pinprick okay? Just count to ten and it’ll be done.”

Tara took a deep breath as she concentrated on Willow’s voice counting to ten. She felt a pinprick for a few seconds, then felt the pain fade away. The doctor placed a small band-aid over her pricked skin and disposed of his latex gloves.

“ You were so brave baby. I’m so proud of you.” Willow said, affectionately stroking Tara’s arm.

“ Thanks to you.” The blonde replied, smiling contentedly.

They exited the doctor’s office, pain-relieving and flu-relieving pills in tow. They met Xander waiting outside, chatting up the nurse that Willow had winked at earlier. The nurse blushed again when Willow pulled Xander away from her.

“ I don’t think she rolls that way Xander.” Willow said while they walked out into the hospital car park.

“ Figured. She looked like she had a massive crush on you Will. You’re quite the ladiesma- women.” Xander replied, stretching his arms out to the sky.

“ But my heart only belongs to one.”

The redhead said as she locked eyes with Tara who felt much better after the shot. Their fingers entwined as Willow gave Tara a peck on the cheek, making the blonde blush with adoration. Xander unlocked the car and the two lovers climbed in. They made themselves comfortable in each other’s arms, eventually falling asleep on the way home.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:07 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky I love this we get to see in to there world with ups and downs. keep it coming.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:07 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for update-y goodness... I love Willow's dedication to taking care of Tara...

Last edited by Zampsa1975 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Curse the damn flu ( updated 21st feb )
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:51 am 
3. Flaming O

awe.... they are so cute and so loving! can't wait to read more! Xander is such a great guy!!

Post subject: Re: Curse the damn flu ( Update 21st Feb )
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:06 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Zodiax wrote:
Willow winked at the nurse, who blushed a deep shade of red and shuffled her feet.

Heh, Willow's such a tease! Although, when she gets better, I'm sure your Tara is quite the tease herself.

Thanks for another fluffy update

Last edited by EmsInNz on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:19 pm 
3. Flaming O

Quote:
“ Pfft. All of these medical forms are all the same. Are you pregnant Tara?” She asked cheekily, smirking and hovering her pen over the “yes” box.
.... "Ooh. Are you sexually active? Definitely a yes."

cheeky isnt she? :smug

Quote:
Willow’s eyes met the nurse’s briefly, jolting her from her trance.
Willow winked at the nurse, who blushed a deep shade of red.

all the while with a grin plastered on my face i was thinking FLIRT FLIRT FLIRT! :D

im loving the way your story went. its soo cute!

i have a bad habit of bumping up old stories...
shameless self-promotion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:33 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Horray for the fluffiness!! :applause
Quote:
“ Are you Single, In a Relationship, Married, Divorced or Widowed? Do they count lesbian relationships in the “In a Relationship” heading? We’ll just tick yes. Allergies? Shrimp. Occupation? Student slash Witches? No just students. Don’t want ‘em to get suspicious. Ooh. Are you sexually active? Definitely a yes.”

:lmao I absolutely adore the way you write Willow in this story.
I'm loving this story :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:22 pm 
Reading fluff in WT storylines is just so fun and engaging! The scenes you enacted between these two seem just like a hybrid of affection and compassion.
The hospital scene was great anyway ^^

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:58 pm 
3. Flaming O

This is a great story so far. I liked the form filling in part, lol ;-) Please update soon.

musicmad10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:25 am 
3. Flaming O

Notes: I’m a sucker for fluff. Complete sucker for fluff. So yes onto the large marshmallow cloud we go! Oh and just forget about the buffyverse for now. I’ve screwed up most of the locations and the seasons they're in so please don't magically make my head disappear XD. Sorry it took too long! Comments greatly wanted and appreciated!

After arriving at UC Sunnydale and thanking Xander, Willow helped Tara up the stairs and into her room, placing her gently on the bed and pulling the covers up.

“ You just sit tight and rest okay baby? I’ll take care of everything.” Willow cooed, gently placing her hand on Tara’s forehead, feeling for a temperature.

Tara whimpered silently as Willow lifted her hand off her forehead. She walked to the sink and dampened a towel with water, then placed it on Tara. The blonde shuddered slightly at the coldness of the towel, closing her eyes as she felt the calming effects of the shot wear off at a rapid rate.

Willow couldn’t help but feel pity for her suffering girlfriend as Tara winced slightly at the sudden comeback of headaches. Sitting up slowly and lifting the towel off her forehead, Tara sighed against the headboard of the bed and rubbed her temples instinctively.

Willow shook her head and smiled at the blonde. She took her girlfriend’s hands in hers and kissed them gently, placing them down beside her. She crawled into bed and rested her back against the headboard, gesturing Tara to lean back into her arms. Tara happily complied, falling back into Willow’s embrace. The redhead’s hands travelled up Tara’s neck slowly, feeling the porcelain smooth skin, then resting on her temples. Applying gentle yet firm pressure, Willow massaged her lover’s head, smiling as she felt Tara relax and melt into her arms. The blonde felt the pain in her head fade away with every rub, smiling contently and leaning further back into Willow’s arms.

“Feeling better baby?” Willow asked gently, stroking the blonde’s hair out of Tara’s face and planting a kiss on her forehead.

“ Mmhmm. Whenever I’m with you, I always feel better.” Tara replied hoarsely, coughing slightly

“ Tara your voice.” Willow said, a concerned expression painting her face.

A knock on the door snapped the two doting lovers out of their embrace making them jump in surprise. Willow reluctantly got up from the bed and walked to the door. She opened the door to a smiling Buffy, Xander and Anya, holding get well cards, balloons and other fancy trinkets.

“ Sorry if we were interrupting your orgasm session. I heard that orgasms can make you feel better so Willow you should give Tara more orgasms.” Anya said, smiling and looking pleased with herself.

Xander shook her head apologetically at Tara who blushed furiously and shushed Anya.

“ Sorry we dropped in unannounced. We thought we’d bring Tara some stuff to make her feel better. We dropped by on the way to the grocery store so we have lots of food things that helps with the nasty flu.” Buffy said, stepping into the room and placing a large paper bag on the study table.

“ We got honey, lemon, Tea, Vitamin C Tablets and assorted lozenges. We didn’t know which one you liked so we bought one of each.” She unpacked the groceries and threw Tara a few boxes of lozenges. Tara quickly thanked Buffy, opened a pack of butter lozenges and sucked on the buttery sweet, welcoming its soothing effects on her throat.

Xander tied the get-well-soon balloons onto the chair and the flowers on the bedside table then going over to help Buffy organize the groceries.

Anya searched through her pockets and threw an unidentified item to Willow, whose eyes widened at the sight of the tube.

“ I heard from someone that you lesbians get a little dry down there when you’re sick so I brought you this! It’s the slipperiest and the most effective brand of lube ever. Me and Xander use it almost every time we have sex. We have many boxes at home so we decided to give you one, for free.”
The ex-demon clapped her hands together happily, then smiling widely.

Xander threw his hands behind his head and sharply took in air through his teeth as he turned around, hiding his embarrassment. Willow chuckled at Xander’s expression, then wrapped her arms around Tara and affectionately nuzzled her neck. She lifted her head and kissed Tara on the cheek and inhaled the sweet scent of Tara with a hint of butter, sighing contentedly. Tara’s cheeks flushed as Buffy let out a dreamy sigh, then turning to Willow.

“ We’ll probably leave you guys alone now. Guess you’ll need your r—“

“Orgasms” Anya cut in.

“ Rest.” Buffy finished, glaring at the ex-demon and gesturing her and Xander out the door.

The two slipped away into the corridors, with Xander giving Anya the too-much-information talk for the third time that week.

“ Hope you get well soon Tara. If you need anything just call us okay?” Buffy said as she gave Tara a hug, then giving the redhead a hug. Closing the door behind her, Buffy exited into the corridors, leaving the two alone in the room again.

“ That was interesting…” Willow said as she dumped the lube of tube into the bedside table drawer, then leaning back into the headboard again and slipped her arms around Tara, pulling her towards her chest. Tara nodded and rested her head against Willow, bathing in the affection and taking Willow’s hands in hers.

“ I love you for being here. Thank you.” The blonde said, voice hoarse and unrecognizable.

“ Shh. You need your rest. And I’ll always be here baby. You’re the person I’ll never desert and the person I’ll never be without. I’ll always love you and I’ll always take care of you, no matter what you have.” Willow kissed the top of Tara’s head and entwined their fingers. Tara smiled and closed her eyes.

“ I love you Tara. Never forget that.”

Willow whispered and pulled the smiling blonde closer to her, both glowing in their own little bubble of love and pride.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject: Re: Curse the damn flu ( updated 26st feb )
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:41 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for another lovely update-y goodness... Gotta love Anya...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:53 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

[blockquote]Tara closed her eyes and breathed in Willow’s scent of jasmine and cinnamon, making her drift off into a light, comfortable sleep. [/blockquote]

Tara can smell? As in inhale through her nose??? Wow. I envy her.

So the title caught me for some reason (hack, wheeze, cough). Sweet bit o' fluff.

:peace

- Boschi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:34 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Zodiax wrote:
Anya searched through her pockets and threw an unidentified item to Willow, whose eyes widened at the sight of the tube.

“ I heard from someone that you lesbians get a little dry down there when you’re sick so I brought you this! It’s the slipperiest and the most effective brand of lube ever. Me and Xander use it almost every time we have sex. We have many boxes at home so we decided to give you one, for free.”
The ex-demon clapped her hands together happily, then smiling widely.

This made me laugh. That's so like Anya. I wish I had me a girlfriend to take care of me when I get sick. I also wish I had some awesome friends that would come over to bring me balloons, cards, and medicine when they hear that I am sick. I love this story and hope to see many more updates.

Last edited by love_2003 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:29 pm 
3. Flaming O

I just have to say that reading your story is like rolling around
in a bed of cotton candy.
It's soft, sweet, and delicious.

Keep it coming.

Shy One
:sigh

MaxMalls - The Web's biggest and best stores

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:51 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

:lmao I love Anya so is to funny, although she doesnt mean to be.
Lovely update. Cant wait for the next

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:38 pm 
You write humour well or is it the character of Anya that helps the ticklishness along the way ^^. And once again, these two girls in love and caring for each other are an endearing sight.
Personally, I adore that fic you are writing.

Vi'