The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blew Short Fiction
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:33 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hi. No, I have not forgotten about First Touch. There's been a lot of hecticness in my life recently, but I'm ready to get back into the writing habit. Through this time, not only have I been thinking about my longer fic (First Touch) but I've had a bunch of idears for short fiction, which I love to read, so I figured I'd start writing it.

So I present to you Blew Short Fiction!! It will be a mix of both AU and Uber.

First up, is going to be a two-part fic, and since I want to get this shebang started off right it might as well be something smutty right?? Right. But don't get too excited just yet, this first part is more PG-13 material.

Title: (Not sure yet)
Author: theblew
Email: the_blew@yahoo.com
Ratings: Part 1- PG-13, Part 2 - NC-17
Pairing: W/T
Distribution: It's all yours. Just tell me where it's goin'.
Disclaimer: All characters belong to Joss Whedon.
Spoilers: None (Uber)
Summary: Two parts. Willow needs to catch her train, but gets a little delayed. Will she make it? Will she even care if she makes it? Will she be referred to as 'Will' in this story?? Read to find out!! Dun dun...DUN!
Angst: Nope

Part One

It wasn't raining at that particular moment, but the air sure was thick with moisture. Willow's bright red hair was darkening with the wetness of her walk to the bus stop. She hefted a large suitcase at her side, and she was grateful for letting her trusty laptop stay at home, for it would surely have been waterlogged in her backpack. She was just trying to make her way to Union Station to visit her best friends out in the suburbs for a weekend of fun, but Chicago's fickle weather wasn't really putting her in the happy mood. She looked towards the stop sign and avoided the splashes of speeding cars.

Just when she thought the shower might stop altogether, the wind picked up and large pellets of water dropped heavily onto her from a nearby tree. Just as she was wiping her face with the back of her damp hand a voice from behind startled the water off as she turned her head sharply.

"What you wanna vote that cunt inna office for?" The disheveled man in a sloppy business suit spoke as he tried to fish blindly with his arm for a pole to lean on.

Auburn eyebrows scrunched up, and Willow's lips started to form a direct question but settled for a, "Wh-Huh?" with a tilt of her head. She knew that leaving to catch a train after happy hour which was sure to turn into grumpy-depressy hour was a bad idea, and now she had proof.

"Thad'ya thad'ya gotta pen."

Again, more confusion on Willow's part. The man must have figured gesturing at Willow with a lazy point would help her into understanding what he was saying, but it wasn't until he shouted, "Thad Clinton, be-itch!" She started to get it.

"OH! My pin?" She looked over her shoulder as if she could see where the Hillary '08 pin was stuck to her backpack. She knew that there were consequences of displaying who she had obviously voted for during the Illinois primary in Obama-land, but her mother insisted she stand up for what she believed in and not back down. As the man teetered toward her with a disapproving face, she reminded herself not to back down from her beliefs... but backing away was definitely okay in her book. As she took two steps back, she was instantly pushed forward by the weight of a large splash from a speeding bus behind her. Cold water seeped through her clothing and she could feel a very un-fun dampness occur on her panties. She was drenched, her mouth wide open with shock while the drunken business man stood before her, laughing his ass off.

She turned her head to the left and noticed that not only was it a bus that had splashed her, but it was her bus that had completely passed her up. With a pitiful groan, she started dashing after it and tugged at the strap of her traveling bag which aided in her lop-sided run. Water from the sidewalk splashed up into her jeans and soaked her feet with each step. It was no use. The bus kept going, and she knew the next stop was blocks away. As she slowed to a stop, she muttered, "Fuck it all," and dropped her soggy suitcase on the wet concrete as her chest heaved with ragged breaths. Willow now had the choice to make of going back home to her apartment, wait for the next bus which might or might not pass her up again, walk all the way to the station, or...

Thunder boomed and lightening crashed so close to where she stood in the neighborhood, she could feel the hair on her arms tingle. Startled, again for the third time in under ten minutes, Willow was amazed that she hadn't had a heart attack yet. She flexed the muscles of her left arm to feign away any numbness that might occur just in case. Once her heart slowed down slightly, the wind picked up again and the sky finally felt it was time to let it rip. The torrent fell so hard and so loud, Willow was amazed she could hear wheels slowly squealing to a stop just behind her, as the color yellow filled her peripheral vision.

...or cab.

She knew the car was waiting for her to get in, since she was the only one standing in sight. And as she turned to it, the cab seemed to have a mind of its own as it inched closer to her - tempting her. The windows were fogged grey, and though the windshield wipers went as fast as they could, Willow could barely make out anyone in the driver's seat through the pelting water and haze in the air. It crept closer - persuading her. Willow looked back at the far gone bus, and back towards the long street which her apartment rested at the end of. The cab rolled to a stop just so the door was a touch away - begging her.

Who was she to withhold?

Willow quickly grabbed her dripping bag, and the trunk popped open within a second. She was able to throw both bags in, close the trunk and open her door at the same time. As she slid onto the cool leather of the back seat, she smoothly closed the door behind her. She looked up just in time to catch a pair of ensnaring blue eyes in the rear-view mirror.

"Where to?"

"....Uh..."

TBC (because, well, I'm tired)

Post subject: Re: Blew Short Fiction
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:09 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

oh intrigued yes very much so I want a Tara cab. :pinky

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:13 am 
19. Yummy Face

Nice beginning... update-y goodness soon?

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:08 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
oooh(awww) this was really fun. I feel drenched just reading it, you really put me in that nasty weather. Can't wait to see what happens next :)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:22 am 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Topics: 1
uh uh. Tara. Willow. Cab. She's so not going to make it to the train station :wink

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:17 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I can see this leading to hot-n-heavy-ness in the back seat...

I can't wait to get the update! Keep writing! :pray

~ DreamingOfNow

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:36 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great fic.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:01 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

I like it please care on!