The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 518 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: In A New York Minute (Everything Can Change) [AU] (Complete)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:28 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53

TITLE: In A New York Minute (Everything Can Change) [Formally 'Taking A Bite Outta The Apple']

AUTHOR: Laragh

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13 (Will be NC-17)

DISCLAIMER: These things are a bitch to write a different account for every time, so here’s the deal; I DON’T OWN THE CHARACTERS. Never have, never will, just borrowing them to continue my existence in happy denial-land.

SUMMARY: Willow leaves the only home she’s ever known to fulfil her parent’s dream of her attending New York University, but ends up having her own dreams come true in the process (Check it out, I actually wrote a summary! I mean, it’s not a good one, but I actually wrote it!)

SPOILERS: Nope. This is totally Uber. Oh, but I probably will steal some dialogue here and there.

FEEDBACK: I crave it like I crave Oreos and milk. (Which is a lot. Just to be clear.)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay, I’m determined to get this out with just one note, so here it goes: Changed both girl’s backgrounds completely; Other scoobies won’t make an appearance, there’ll be some original characters instead; The tone of this is gonna be a little different from my others (I think anyway), but I still promise very, very little angst, mostly smiles and good times; Um, I don’t have this one all planned out. I mean, I have a few ideas, but not completely planned out, like I usually do, so… I’m still gonna promise daily updates, but I don’t know how good the writing is gonna be; Not set in any particular time frame, but I’ll probably end up making some modern cultural references;

NOTE: Tara is quite different in this because she was brought up a lot differently than what we were shown in the show. She's confident, she's sassy and she got to act a lot like a normal teenager. She's still Tara to me, just who she could have been without so much sorrow throughout her childhood. I don't think this detracts from W/T as a core, but some have mentioned it, so I thought it was worth a warning.

Oh and last, but not least, there will, of course, be smut. Thanks to anyone who reads!

Chapter 1

Willow Rosenberg pulled up against the curb and checked the scribbled writing on the piece of paper she had placed against the dashboard to check that she was at the right address. She glanced at the street names and the number on the building, confirming her location and took a deep breath before opening her car door and stepping out, looking around the bustling street; the stream of traffic, people hurrying along the footpath and the numerous food vendors and small café’s that littered the area. She smiled at how different everything was where she’d grown up, a small town in Iowa that probably had a smaller population than the four-block radius of where she was standing now. She was pulled from her thoughts as a passing cyclist skidded past her, yelling as he went by.

“Hey lady, get off the road!”

She jumped back against the car and quickly scurried onto the footpath, grabbing her purse from the passenger seat.

People are apparently a lot ruder out here too.

She walked up to the large building directly in front of her and pressed the call button for apartment 3B, waiting patiently for an answer.

“Hello?” a voice came over the intercom.

“Um, hi,” Willow replied, pressing the button so her voice would carry, “It’s, uh, Willow. Rosenberg? New tenant? We, um, talked on the phone. Oh, if this is Tara Maclay we talked on the phone, otherwise I’m sorry, I don’t know you, but I am supposed to be here. Unless I got the wrong apartment number? Um, this is 3B?”

Willow heard a chuckle come over the line and a loud buzzing sound from the glass doors in front of her.

“This is 3B and this is Tara Maclay. Been expecting you. Come on up.”

Willow smiled, she’d talked to this Tara just once on the phone, but she had seemed super friendly and had a voice that seemed to calm the redhead, a feat not easily achieved. Nonetheless, she had gone through so many changes lately; she was nervous about life in general at the moment.

She went through the doors and got into the elevator, pressing the button for the third floor, stepping out just a couple of seconds later, smiling yet again when she saw ‘3B’ standing out in brass letters on the door right in front of her. She checked her clothes, making sure she looked presentable, that there were no stains or underwear poking out, and once satisfied, knocked on the door, not sure what to expect of the occupant on the other side. The door swung open to reveal a smiling brunette, about her own age, Willow figured - which was surprising in itself, given that she knew Tara owned the apartment - but more than that was how the redhead found herself for once in her life, completely speechless.

Holy crap. She’s gorgeous. Like mega-gorgeous. Holy crap. You already said that, brain. But yea…Holy crap. Wow, look at those lips… plump and inviting…and moving. Oh shit, they’re moving and we’re not kissing which means she’s talking! Talking and you’re standing here like an idiot. She’ll never want you as a girlfriend now. Roommate! She’ll never want me as a roommate now. Am I chuckling nervously in my head? It’s not like anyone heard my little slip, so why am I chuckling? And why in all the high heavens am I still talking to myself when the beautiful girl is staring at me?

“Um, I’m sorry?” she asked, blinking a couple of times to try and focus herself.

“I was just saying it’s nice to meet you,” Tara said with a smile, “You must be exhausted, you drove all the way from Iowa right?”

“Yea. Yes. Yes, I did,” Willow nodded.

“Well, come on in!”

Willow gratefully stepped over the threshold into the apartment, getting excited as she realised that this was her new home, and admired the large loft-style room, two sofas set up comfortably against opposite walls with a large flat screen TV mounted on the wall between them, a couple of coffee tables with some simple lamps and a 4-person dining table just beside the main entrance. There was a small kitchen off to the side, that seemed fully equipped, and Willow knew from the photos and the ad she’d on the internet, that had prompted her to call and apply for the roommate position in the first place, that the loft had all the mod-cons.

“Sit down; I’ll make you a coffee. You drink coffee, right?” Tara asked, gesturing towards the sofas and going into the kitchen.

“God, yes,” Willow answered with a smile, sitting down, “My parents were big supporters of it since it made me able to stay up later and do more study. Kinda learned to love it young.”

“Good. This machine can do anything. So, latte, cappuccino, americano…”

“Uh, mocha?”

“You got it,” Tara replied, getting two mugs down and pressing a few buttons on the coffee maker, “Woman after my own heart.”

You have no idea…

Tara turned the machine off a couple of minutes later and carried the two steaming mugs into the living room, handing one to the redhead before sitting opposite her.

“So how long did it take you to get out here? Iowa to New York seems like a bit of a trip.”

“Um, I split it over two days, got a hotel last night and stuff. I made some stops as well. I…I can’t believe how friendly you are,” Willow added, amazed at how at ease she felt, in a completely new city, about to start a new school, with brand new people. But she did.

“You think all the city people would be big bad meanies?” Tara asked with a chuckle.

“No, no! Well, kinda. I wasn’t sure. I’ve never been outta Iowa…I’m, uh, kind of a small town girl. Completely a small town girl.”

“Most of us are nice. And the Village is like the best place in the city to live. I think so anyway. So what made you decide to move cross country?”

“Parents went to NYU. Grandparents went to NYU. My entire first eighteen years have been a mould so that I could go to NYU,” Willow said with a small smile, “So I packed up my U-Haul in true lesbian fashion and drove to my predetermined future.”

Willow paled as she realised what she’d said and Tara snorted.

“And then I out myself within five minutes of meeting you. Um, if it’s a problem…” Willow was stopped by the brunette waving a hand back and forth.

“No problems here,” Tara replied, pointing at a rainbow band on her wrist, “You’re in good company.”

“Oh. Um, awesome.”

Okay, score, brain, she’s gay. Now just use all your knowledge from those lesbian movies you watched and try and seduce her…except those ones with unhappy endings. Forget those. Great. That leaves me like, nothing to work with.

Willow was pulled from her thoughts as she heard the other girl speak again and looked up to see her smirking.

“Actually, you’re in very good company.”

“What do you mean?” Willow asked, confused.

“This floor…well, see..." Tara paused as she figured out how to word what she wanted to say, "Basically, it’s had nothing but gay inhabitants for the last ten years or so, at least that’s as far back as I remember consciously noticing it, I was young so it could’ve been even longer. It’s fondly known as the rainbow deck. We figure there must be some gay god who guides our little queer souls here or something. Oh, we is myself and Craig, he lives to the right of us. Our other neighbour - uh, to the left? That's Justin. He and Craig used to hate each other, they both wanted to be the bigger queen or something, but they worked it out. We're all friends now."

“Um…wow…," Willow replied, taking in the information about her new neighbours and the apparent mystical gay properties of the building, "I mean, really? Every single one?”

“Yep. Well, except my grandmother, but even then I had my suspicions.”

Tara winked and Willow giggled in response, as she took another sip of her coffee.

“So, um, can I ask you something?”

“Shoot.”

“Uh, the rent here is crazy low. Like, I checked around other places in the area, even this building and they’re like double; sometimes even triple the rent of here...”

“Oh right, yea. Um, you know, I didn’t even think of how that might look when I advertised it. And, uh, might I add, talk about speedy, I only had the ad posted like ten minutes when you called.”

“Oh yea. I had a search alert set up. You know, so I was notified straight away,” Willow explained.

“Oh, cool. So, um, about the rent, basically I’ve lived in this apartment my entire life, with my grandmother, and she died last year.”

“Oh, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to-”

“It’s okay,” Tara smiled in reassurance, “But, um, she lived here for even longer. So this place has no mortgage or anything on it. The rent just covers stuff like utilities and electric, light and heat, those kinda things. I couldn’t afford college and the upkeep on my own, so I needed a roommate, but I didn’t want to like, make money on the place. Least not at long as I'm still living here. My grandmother would’ve hated that.”

“Well I’m really glad you agreed for me to be here. I love it already.”

“It’ll be nice to have someone else around again. So...you have a U-haul downstairs?” Tara asked with a smirk.

Willow blushed and nodded, while Tara stood up and put her mug down on the coffee table between them.

“Come on, then, let’s get you moved in. I’ll order some food after and we can, ah, get to know each other.”

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Last edited by Laragh on Mon May 28, 2012 5:02 am, edited 46 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Taking A Bite Outta The Apple [AU] (Oct 12th)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:32 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

A new story???? So cool!!!!! :grin :grin :grin

ETA

Hahaha... I love it!! I specially liked that first Willow-mental-babble, it was great.

Can't wait to read more :pray

Hector Avellan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:20 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 3
Quote:
I crave it like I crave Oreos and milk. (Which is a lot. Just to be clear.)

You are not alone there :party

Quote:
Now just use all your knowledge from those lesbian movies you watched and try and seduce her…except those ones with unhappy endings. Forget those. Great. That leaves me like, nothing to work with.

That is very true. There aren't many lesbian movies with happy endings :aww

Quote:
She’ll never want you as a girlfriend now. Roommate! She’ll never want me as a roommate now. Am I chuckling nervously in my head?

Smooth Rosenburg hehe

I really like the first chapter
It's was funny :laugh
Can't wait for more
soonish :pray

Ash :peace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:27 am 
3. Flaming O

Hahaha Willow's internal babbling reminds me of my own, although *cough* a lot of the time the worst things AREN'T internally said. Just think of me as part Anya part Willow :blush THIS STORY IS GOING TO BE AWESOME! I know it will be, I just know it. So don't let me down :shy P.S Oreo's and Milk are yummy. I may go and have a very nutritious snack now. Is there an oreo emoticon on here? There should be. Well even if there is I shall give you an imaginary one anyway for making the long days of school bearable because I know when I get home it might be update time *Hands an invisible oreo*

♂+♂=♥ ♂+♀=♥ ♀+♀=♥

Love Is Love.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:55 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great beginning...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:31 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
Love the beginning. The characters seem true to form despite having vastly different histories from the originals. The comment about having the computer looking for apartments tied Willow in well.
Looking forward to many reads. Have and Oreo on me.
:blush

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:56 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

YAY new story!!!!! looking forward to updates. :pinky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:34 pm 
5. Willowhand

I love it! This is going to be so great! I'm all giddy :pinky I even think you managed to conjure up some butterflies in my stomach. That's not an easy task!
I want to live in a building with only gay people too! :pride :pride :pride

Natalie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:45 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Quote:
“It’ll be nice to have someone else around again. So...you have a U-haul downstairs?” Tara asked with a smirk.

Willow blushed and nodded, while Tara stood up and put her mug down on the coffee table between them.

“Come on, then, let’s get you moved in. I’ll order some food after and we can, ah, get to know each other.”

Wow right out of the gate you are on to a great story I can tell loving it and the U-haul well yay ;-) I love a woman with a since of humor and trust me Tara/Amber has one.lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:56 pm 
3. Flaming O

Mmmm!! Oreos.

*Cough* Yay!!!!! New story goodness!!! I can so tell with this story you gonna get lots of feedback.
*And lets hope the gf don't get jealous like last time.*
Yay! Okay so like PAMS!!!

:peace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:00 pm 
3. Flaming O

YAY!! I love your fics..always something to look foreward to when I get back from college :)
Willow outing herself straight away made me giggle...kinda like what I did on my first day on my course to the entire group :pride :blush

can't wait for updates..will be waiting impatiently because, really, there is no other type of waiting, is there?

Edie

xx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:59 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
I love the opening! I'm glad you're back so quickly! And I can't wait to see what you have in mind for the girls!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:13 pm 
3. Flaming O

Yay! New story!

My poor dogs. I scared them awake when I saw this, and literally screamed. :blush But I think they forgave me, because after I read the first chapter, I fed them xD

Thank you for getting this up so quickly; I've been waiting ever since I read that you planned to have it up today! Great beginning; I loved it! Made me laugh a lot xD

Can't wait for the next update ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:15 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Woo another fic! I'm so excited! :pinky
What are the chances of Willow not only moving into a flat full of gay people but she's moved in with her soul mate! :wtkiss soon I hope!

Wishing Peace, light and love to everyone.
Tara: 'Can we just skip it? Can, can you just be kissing me now?'
Tara: 'I am you know' Willow: 'What?' Tara 'yours'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:04 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Quote:
She smiled at how different everything was where she’d grown up, a small town in Iowa that probably had a smaller population than the four-block radius of where she was standing now

Another shout-out to my home state, where I still reside, as it happens.
Willow is the kind of person I would be proud to have as a transplanted Iowan rather than that useless oafish dull clod RIley ever was.
Quote:
“It’s, uh, Willow. Rosenberg? New tenant? We, um, talked on the phone. Oh, if this is Tara Maclay we talked on the phone

Despite the change in their backgrounds, the intrinsic characteristics which make them them don't change and Willow-babble can make Tara chuckle even through the intercom.
Quote:
“So I packed up my U-Haul in true lesbian fashion and drove to my predetermined future.”

Wow, Freudian Slip much, Willow?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:35 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Yay, glad to see you back with a new story and might I say go confident Tara.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:20 pm 
3. Flaming O

Nice start! Can't wait to read more :) Sounds like Willow and her u-haul landed in the perfect spot. Hmmmm, sounds a bit too good to be true?!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:03 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Very very interesting beginning, it's great that you're writing a new story, I like logging in everyday with an update waiting for me :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:45 am 
4. Extra Flamey

eep! yay new story ^_^

I like Confident Tara! I can't wait to see where this one goes. Can have more now please? :pray

Oh, and bring on teh smoochies and hijinks :smash :bounce

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:14 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

first of all...YAY!! :pinky :pinky
you add another story to your fic collections :kdevil
Quote:
Um, I don’t have this one all planned out. I mean, I have a few ideas, but not completely planned out, like I usually do

so..that means you can get..some kind of writer's block in the middle of story..*you know what I'm trying to say don't you*
well..can't blame me though,miss pervy mcpervberg :blush
that was a good place for them to meet..so they won't stay away from each other :party
more pleaseeeee :pray
Quote:
I’m still gonna promise daily updates, but I don’t know how good the writing is gonna be

I would still be reading your update no matter what :pinky
RC :kgeek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:30 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Update below!

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:30 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

AUTHOR: Laragh

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: These things are a bitch to write a different account for every time, so here’s the deal; I DON’T OWN THE CHARACTERS. Never have, never will, just borrowing them to continue my existence in happy denial-land.

SUMMARY: Willow leaves the only home she’s ever known to fulfil her parent’s dream of her attending New York University, but ends up having her own dreams come true in the process.

SPOILERS: Nope. This is totally Uber. Oh, but I probably will steal some dialogue here and there.

FEEDBACK: I crave it like I crave Oreos and milk. (Which is a lot. Just to be clear.)

Chapter 2

“Wow, this is a nice desk,” Tara commented on the desk in the back of the small van of Willow’s things.

“Oh thanks,” Willow replied, grabbing her last boxes of clothes, “It was my Pop’s…um, my grandfather, he was a doctor and it was his ‘doctor desk.’ I’ve had it since he retired when I was like eight.”

“I’m gonna get Craig down here, help us up with it. Hey, last thing in here as well. You’re almost officially moved in. After unpacking and everything.”

Willow smiled as the brunette whipped out her cell phone and pressed a few buttons, putting it up to her ear.

“Hey, Craig. My new roommate’s here. We need a big, strong man to help up with the desk…but you’re the only person around.”

Willow heard someone speak over the other end and Tara giggled.

“Thanks Craig, see you in a minute.”

“He’ll be down in a sec. Hey, um, I should check, just because we tend to be kinda…bantery. Are you out? Or, like, uncomfortable with people knowing? ‘Cause I can be discreet.”

“Oh,” Willow replied and contemplated the question, “Um, no, I don’t mind. I don’t mind at all actually.”

“Ladies, I have arrived,” a loud male voice came from the doorway.

“Like I said, biggest queen,” Tara whispered with a smirk and beckoned him over.

Willow looked at the new arrival on the scene, she figured he was at least six foot, had sandy brunette hair and was wearing a t-shirt and shorts, but still sweating from the early August heat. She smiled at him and extended her hand.

“Hi. I’m Willow. Willow Rosenberg.”

“Craig. Craig Bond,” Craig responded, shaking Willow’s hand with a grin, making Tara hit him on the arm, “Okay, so it’s Craig Smith , but that’s really not as exciting. Welcome to the building.”

“Thank you,” Willow replied, letting go of his hand, instantly warming to him.

“So…" Craig said, getting a mischievous look on his face, "Has Tara told you about-”

“Rainbow deck claims another soul,” Tara interjected.

“Ooh, goody,” Craig replied, clapping his hands together, “We have to take her to Liza’s.”

“She’s been in the city for like an hour, okay? Settling in time needed first. Now are you gonna help me with the desk or not?”

Willow stifled a giggle at the interaction and went to help with the desk as well.

“Why don’t you just take up your last box of clothes, sweetie,” Tara stopped her, with a smile, “Me and Craig can handle this and meet you up there.”

She called me sweetie! Oh my god, my heart is going like crazy…just from her calling me sweetie? Oh wow. Okay, deep breaths, concentrate on unpacking.

“Are you guys sure? It’s pretty heavy?” Willow asked, trying not to convey her edginess.

“Clothes are far more important to arrive safely,” Craig said seriously, “We’ll be up in a second.”

Willow nodded and picked up the box, going inside and into the elevator. When the doors were safely closed, Tara turned to Craig with wide eyes.

“Oh my god, Craig. Oh my god.”

“She’s gorgeous,” Craig commented, understanding what his friend meant instantly.

“Gorgeous? She’s a goddess! Did you see her hair? And those eyes? And that perfect shapely body. Do you know how hard it is not to just grab her and kiss her and touch her and oh god, Craig, I don’t know how I’ve managed to stay so composed this last hour.”

“Whoa, blondie,” Craig replied, holding Tara’s shoulder’s firmly, “You don’t freak out over girls. You never freak out over girls.”

“But her eyes…” Tara said with a pleading tone.

“Wow, you got it bad after an hour. Look, lets focus on getting her settled in first, okay. Our gay gods guided her to our floor, maybe they meant for her to be guided to you.”

“Been reading those self-help books again?”

“Do not mock your spiritual guru. Now lets get this desk upstairs before newbie thinks she’s been robbed by some city kids.”

“You like Thai?” Tara asked as Willow came out of the bathroom.

“Uh…the people?” Willow asked in confusion as she walked over to where the brunette was at the counter in the kitchen.

She had spent the afternoon unpacking all of her things in her bedroom, which was directly across the hall from Tara’s, with the bathroom in between, and was starting to feel fully settled now she had some home comforts set up.

“Oh sweetie, you really are small town, aren’t you?”

Willow blushed and averted her gaze.

There she goes again with the sweetie! I’m gonna have to live in a permanent state of having a quickened pulse.

“Don’t be embarrassed, I think it’s cute!” Tara reassured, then scolded herself for being obvious.

Way to go, calling her cute. Now she’ll think she has some psycho roommate who’s gonna try and feel her up in her sleep or something. And mocking her. That’s also great. Jeez, brain, please have some decorum, just this once?

Oh my god, she called me cute!!!

“I meant food, Willow. Thai food,” Tara finished, tapping her fingers nervously against the countertop.

“Oh. Right. Um, never had it,” Willow replied with a small smile.

“I think there’s been enough new things for today…pizza?”

“I love pizza.”

“Great. Toppings?”

“Um, pepperoni and mushroom.”

“Oh you just keep saying the right things,” Tara said with a broad grin, dialling the phone, “Hey, it’s Tara. Yea, I need my usual, large. Thanks, honey. Okay, bye.”

Honey. She has a honey. Of course she has a honey. Who wouldn’t want her? I bet her girlfriend’s pretty…and not naïve …and knows about Thai food. Stupid girlfriend.

“So, um, your girlfriend works at the pizza place?” Willow asked, trying to keep her tone casual.

“Girlfriend? No, no, don’t have a girlfriend,” Tara chuckled, “That was Justin. Our neighbour? He runs the phones at a pizza place around the corner. Well, one of his jobs.”

“Oh cool,” Willow replied, perking up instantly, “Great. Uh, not that it’s great that you’re single, it’s just…so how much is pizza out here?”

“Tonight’s on me,” Tara responded, looking through her purse for her wallet, not noticing the other girl’s verbal slip.

“Oh, no, you’ve already been so kind, please let me pay for-”

“Not a chance. You can get the Thai food when I make you try it. And I will make you try it. You’re in the cosmopolitan capital of the world, now. Lots of different things to try.”

“Looking forward to it,” Willow replied and sat gingerly on one of the sofas, “So…is there any, I dunno, rules? You know, for here?”

“Oh, um,” Tara responded, sitting down opposite, “You’re not into metal are you?”

Willow laughed.

“No. No metal.”

“Then, no, no rules really. I, uh, saw your room when I was passing and it seemed pretty immaculately clean already, so I don’t think there’ll be any problems there. And, um, I may own this place, but I want you to feel like it’s just as much your place as mine, okay? Don’t be afraid to put your feet up on the couch or...whatever you like.”

“I... thank you,” Willow replied, slightly dazed.

“Hey, are you okay?”

“Yea. Yea, no I am, I just… I think it all just hit me. I moved outta home. Across the country. Starting college. And I think I may just have the nicest roommate alive.”

“Oh well, thank you. I think you’ll adjust out here okay, you seem pretty worldly. And I’m a seasoned New Yorker, born and bred here, so if anything about ‘life in the city’ starts to overwhelm you, just let me know.”

“Wow. Well, thank you.”

“No problem. So, can I ask you some stuff about you? You don’t have to answer anything you don’t want to,” Tara said, putting her feet under her on the sofa.

“Oh, yea, you can ask me what you like.”

“Cool. So, you said on the phone you’re going to NYU, right?”

“Yep. Double-majoring in Philosophy and Economics.”

“Whoa…talk about going either end of the spectrum,” Tara said wide-eyed, “And double-majoring. Damn, girl, you must be smart.”

“Not really,” Willow shook her head modestly, “My parents home-schooled me and made me study a lot, plus I test well. And I always liked numbers and thinking. I’ve already read some of the textbooks for the first semester so I could get a head start. Um, what about you? Are you a sophomore or a junior or…?”

“Huh? No, no, starting next month, freshman, same as you. I should’ve started last year, but I repeated 12th Grade. Um, with my grandmother and everything.”

Willow gave her an understanding smile.

“So, you’re…nineteen?”

There was a knock on the door and Tara got up, grabbing her wallet.

“Indeed I am,” she said as she answered the door, handing over some cash and taking the pizza box.

Willow saw her smile at whoever was delivering the food and close the door quietly. She walked back and put the box on the table between them, flipping the lid, the smell of melted cheese and dough filling the room.

“I’m, um, eighteen,” Willow offered, “And a half. But I think people generally stop counting the halves when they turn nine, so forget that. Um, what’s your major?”

They both took a slice and Tara took a bite, chewing slowly before speaking.

“Pre-med.”

Willow’s face brightened and she swallowed the pizza in her mouth before speaking.

“Wow, you wanna be a doctor? That’s so cool!”

“Yea. Both my parents were doctors. They died when I was a baby,” Tara replied with a small smile.

“Oh,” Willow responded, feeling deep pain for all the sorrow her roommate had apparently had to go through so young, “Tara, I’m so sorry. I can’t even imagine.”

“Hey, don’t be sorry. Not like it’s your fault. And I didn’t mean to bum you out on your first night here. So…are you a party girl?”

“Me? Oh no. Really, no. I, um, never had many friends, ‘cause I was studying all the time, and definitely didn’t go to parties. I wouldn’t even know what to do if music started playing and I was supposed to dance. I’d spaz out in some way.”

“Well, I’ll get you out eventually,” Tara teased, “There’s some fun clubs around here.”

Willow nodded quietly, the idea of being in a club terrifying her almost as much as the thoughts of when she would start classes and getting around campus, but she knew, in the end, she’d probably do whatever the brunette wished of her. She took another slice of pizza and smiled at the other girl.

“Um, it may be completely inappropriate to toast with pizza, but, uh, can I anyway?”

“Go for it,” Tara giggled.

“To new beginnings,” Willow replied, smiling sweetly, feeling her heart flutter when Tara gave a similar smile in response.

“To new beginnings.”

Last edited by Laragh on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Taking A Bite Outta The Apple [AU] (Oct 13th)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:39 am 
3. Flaming O

I'm sorry for putting pressure on you. I just got all over-excited seeing you had a new story, I'm sure you know how it is (well ok I'm not sure, but you can guess). Also and oreo emoticon! Wow i'm a lazy fool I didn't even look. This was another great update, I now connect with Willow on many more levels. I've never had Thai either :sh I loved the bit at the end with the pizza, it was really really sweet. "To new beginnings" :D Both Willow and Tara are such geniuses...WOW! Please don't put them through to much angst though :pray I have a feeling this one might have angst :paranoid

♂+♂=♥ ♂+♀=♥ ♀+♀=♥

Love Is Love.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:47 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
aww they're so CUTE! I'm already loving this story soooo much! Looking forward to whatever happens next!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:50 am 
3. Flaming O

Ok so I've lurked long enough. It seems like it's been forever since I posted any feedback on any fics, but here is me leaving some feedback.

I've read both Frothy Goodness and Lessons In Love and have loved them both. I seriously looked everyday for updates because I was so addicted. And now you have a new story for me to get addicted to. Loving it already, more please? :pray

Michelle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:22 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Good that both are immediately smitten... I just hope that either makes a first move so they can let their emotions loose and have massive :wtkiss sessions...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:28 pm 
3. Flaming O

Oh!!! I bracelet! You think ahead, I can tell. I hoped she liked it and all.

So new chapter which is good, definetly good. *Nods head* Loved everything about it, especially how funny Tara. She so sweet!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:37 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I am really loving this story! I like how you haven't relegated Tara to being uber artsy and Willow uber geeky. Though, I have a feeling you have some things up your sleeve. Can't wait for the next update!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:02 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Quote:
don’t know how I’ve managed to stay so composed this last hour
I wonder too.. :smash
soo..we got a really smart girls who supposed to be falling love at each other..cool.. :pinky
cant' wait for :wtkiss
more..more.. :party
RC :kgeek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:41 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Very cute start.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 518 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next