The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: NEW FIC::: FIRE AND LIFE (COMPLETED)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:57 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 2
AUTHOR:: Alex_ Vixen

RATING:: for now…R….but it WILL get to NC-17

DISCLAIMER:: Oh you know the deal. I dont own them, if I did, I would have treated them WAY better than they did. Anyway, they belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, etc...I'm just borrowing them for a little bit.

SUMMARY:: AU fic... Set 4 years after the end of Season 5! Season 6 and 7 NEVER happened. Willow and Tara are in charge or everything, they're still living in the Summer's house. Dawn is in her freshmen year of college at UC Sunnydale... Old friends will return, new "friends" will show up...Love will hit them ALL in ways nobody will expect... *sighs* I still suck at this, LOL...

PAIRING:: W/T (DUH!!!)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:: First of all...there will be some drama...not high level of drama or angst...you guys know me, I don't do angst so well and I don't like it...so there will be A LOT of fluff as well and smutty goodness!!! ...LOL... I'm trying to write some fighting scenes so there will be more..."BtVS" kinda things....

Anyway...I'll leave you to the Chapter....

CHAPTER 1- A BIG decision…

“Tara, we must do it,” Willow said.

The redhead was standing in front of the window. They were in their room, the room they had shared since they moved to the house after Buffy’s death…Tara was sitting on the foot of the bed and she was staring at her girlfriend, concern written all over her face.

“You think this is the right thing to do, Will? I mean, we’ve been taking care of everything for more than 3 years.”

“I know, baby. But we can’t keep doing this…” Willow wrapped her arms around herself and took a deep breath, preparing for what she was going to say. “We need the Slayer…”

“I know we need her but maybe…Did you ask him?” Tara asked, not sure of agreeing with her girlfriend’s idea. It could be REALLY dangerous if they didn’t think about all the choices they had…

“And he agrees. Hell, even Anya agreed, Tara,” Willow said. “I know what you think about this, and how you feel…” The redhead turned around to face Tara.

Willow walked to her girlfriend and knelt between Tara’s legs. The redhead cupped Tara’s face with her hands and placed a small sweet kiss on her lips.

“For more than 3 years, you and I have been taking care of everything. Of the Slayer duties, of Dawn, of the house…And I don’t regret it, not for a second,” Willow said.

“Me neither. I don’t regret it,” Tara agreed with her lover.

“But we both know that we won’t be able to be in charge for a long time. We’re not the Slayer. So far we’ve been lucky, but one of these days…we’re gonna run out of luck…we’re gonna meet a stronger adversary…we need the Slayer.”

“I know and we need a break as well, Will, we haven’t have alone time for a long while,” Tara said. The blonde sighed. “And I don’t want to be selfish but-” Willow cut her off with another kiss.

“You have the right to be selfish, Tara. You deserve it. We both do.” Willow sighed and rested her forehead against Tara’s. “That’s why we need the Slayer. We need her back.”

“This could go so wrong, Will…I just can’t help to worry…”

“I know, baby, I know. Things could go to Hell, but we don’t have another choice. We must bring her back…We need the Slayer,” Willow said. “But I need you with me on this one… I need you to tell me.”

“What?”

“If you agree, then we do it. If you don’t, then we don’t. I won’t be mad if you say no, I just need to know that whatever happens…you’re with me on this one. Think about it…tell me later what you decide.”

“Okay…” Willow kissed her one last time and then went to the bathroom for her shower. “Goddess…help us…”

*********************************************************************************************

“Will, Tara, I’m home!”

Dawn entered the house and went to the living room. The brunette dropped her bag on the couch and went to the kitchen, following the delicious smell of the lasagna Tara was cooking. Tara was closing the oven’s door and smiled at the girl she loved like a little sister.

“Hey, Dawnie. How were your classes today?” Tara asked. Dawn sat on one of the stools after giving Tara a hug and the blonde Wiccan opened the fridge door to grab the juice jar and poured two glasses.

“Thanks.” Dawn grabbed the offered glass and took a sip. “And my classes were okay. A bit tiring but hey, it’s college, right? And I’ll have to work all the weekend to finish the paper I’m working on for Monday.”

“Maybe Willow can help you. If you want to, that’s it.” Tara sat on the stool facing Dawn and took a sip of her own glass.

“That would be great, Tare. I’ll tell Willow during dinner,” Dawn said and smiled. “And how was work?”

“I must admit that teaching teenagers why Shakespeare is important is actually a really tiring task,” Tara admitted with a smile. Dawn giggled.

“Tare, I STILL can’t get it.” Dawn was laughing whole heartedly and Tara let out a small laugh. “So where is Willow?”

“She’s on the phone with Giles. She’s in her office I think,” Tara replied.

Right on cue, Willow entered the kitchen.

“Hey, Dawn. You’re home, great,” Willow said as she gave the brunette a small but warm hug.

“Hey, Will. You think you could help me with my homework? I have to write my paper for Monday. I think I have enough research, I’m just a bit stuck on how to put it all together.”

“Sure, Dawn. No problem,” Willow said and smiled, eager as soon as she heard the word ‘homework’.

“Great. Awesome.”

“Um, Will. I’m not sure you’ll be able to help her this time,” Tara said, after thinking about it.

“I won’t write it for her, Tare. I only did that once, please,” Willow told her, obviously not getting what Tara meant.

“No, Will. I meant that we won’t be available this weekend. Remember?” Tara gave her a significant look and Willow raised an eyebrow.

“Dawn, could you give us…”

“Don’t worry. I’ll go wash up before dinner.” Dawn smiled and quickly left the room.

“Tare…Are you sure?” Willow asked her girlfriend.

“Yes. I thought about it for enough time. I’m still a bit worried about this whole deal but I know you’re right. We have to bring her back. We need the Slayer,” Tara said and Willow took her hand.

“Then, we must tell Dawn what we’re planning. We can’t leave her out of this,” Willow said.

“During dinner.”

*********************************************************************************************

They were having dinner in silence. Tara was still thinking about their plan and Willow was going through each detail over and over again….she hoped it would work…she was praying for it to work…

“Dawn,” Willow said. She knew they couldn’t keep her out of this. The brunette wasn’t a little girl anymore, even if sometimes they forgot it and had often proven that she was way more mature than they all gave her credit for…

“Yes, Will?” Dawn looked at her.

“There’s something we must tell you. I hope you don’t get upset at us and allow us to explain,” Willow said.

“Geez Will…Is there something wrong?” Dawn asked and frowned.

“Not exactly, Dawnie,” Tara said. “You know how we’ve been taking care of everything since Buffy and we don’t regret it at all.”

“She’s right. We don’t. We don’t regret taking care of the house, or you, or the Slayer duties,” Willow added.

“But?” Dawn was getting seriously confused about where this was going.

“But…we all know that we’ve been lucky. We haven’t had another big bag guy since…Glory.” Willow was careful at saying that name. She still felt so angry when she remembered what the crazy Hell-Goddess had done…how much damage she had done… “We need the Slayer back,” she blurted out before she chickened out.

“What?” Dawn looked at her with eyes big as saucers and dropped her fork.

“We need the Slayer,” Tara repeated softly.

“And there’s only one way to do that…” Willow said. “Please, listen to us…”

Dawn’s eyes windened even more and the brunette gasped and covered her mouth with her hand when they told her what they were planning.

“My God, are you sure?” Dawn asked when she could speak again. “You’re going to…bring her back?” She asked carefully.

“It’s the only way, Dawn,” Willow told her.

“And you think this could actually work?”

“There’s a big chance, yes,” Tara replied for her lover.

“Oh my God… This could actually work? And when are you going to do it?”

“We’ll leave tomorrow. We’ll come back on Monday,” Willow answered. “I thought about doing it from here but…it would lower the chances of it working.”

“There are lot of prepare as well,” Tara added.

“I can’t believe you’re going to do this…”

“It’s the only way…” Both Willow and Tara said at the same time…

Anyway, guys....I hope you liked the first Chapter... I have a really good feeling about this story so I truly hope you all like it!!

Last edited by Alex_Vixen on Mon May 19, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 52 times in total.

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC::: FIRE AND LIFE (UPDATED 6/8/010)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:07 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
DIBS! Back in a moment to comment!

Great new story! Yay for no nasty season sux and severed.

I have this feeling that they're talking about Faith when they talk about bringing back the Slayer but I'm probably completely wrong lol.

Anyway, this is a very promising start, can't wait for more!

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:09 am 
3. Flaming O

PHOEBS!!!!!! you are doing such an amazing job with your stories...i'm soo excited about reading this one i can't believe i'm not going to have to wait till your done writing it to read it...great jobs sis...keep on rockin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:28 am 
3. Flaming O

:pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky

SOOOO...very good start :)

I'm nervous about them bringing Buffy back...especially since she's been gone for so long. But, it seems that they have put a lot of thought and preparation into it. I'm not really sure about Dawn's reaction..is she with them or scared? Happy, or maybe she doesn't think it's a good idea? I couldn't really tell from her response..hmmm, so I will be wondering about that.

I hope the spell works though, and I hope Buffy comes back well. And I hope she's not pissed lol

Great job as usual, Alex :party

:pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky :pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:32 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
I like the start and the premise. I'm interested to see where you go with this, and a phone call to Giles... nix on the rank amateur comment?

This should be fun.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:33 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Hey Alex !

So, very nice and interesting start, i'm looking forward to see how this is gonna work out for them ^^.

Keep it up !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:44 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Hey Alex Really good start to the story, cant wait to read the rest. If you do it as well as you wrote S&S you could have another classic on your hands. :wtkiss

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:30 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Interesting start so far. I vote you continue.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:08 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

okay guys Im back!!!!!!!

Chapter 2 is REALLY, REALLY short.....but its just a...a Chapter that was left in between...just to give you an idea of what is going to happen....nothing else..

So I hope you like it.

CHAPTER 2- The morning…

Willow was the first one to wake up. The redhead took a shower and while Tara took hers she prepared their bags. This was it…they would do it…She was nervous…so many things could go wrong…Willow shook her head. She couldn’t think like that. Everything was going to be alright…she was the best, it was HER thing…she could do this…

While Tara prepared breakfast, Willow had to make a phone call, so they shared a kiss but didn’t talk at all. They both were nervous…

“Hello…” Tara smiled when Willow got off the phone because a second later, the redhead had her arms around her waist and had placed a sweet kiss on her neck. The blonde turned around in her girlfriend’s arms and her hands instantly came up to interlock her fingers with Willow’s hair, bringing their lips together.“Mhmm… Good morning, honey,” Tara whispered before kissing her again, a soft smile on her lips.

“Good morning to you too, baby,” Willow said as she kissed her girlfriend again. “Nervous?”

“A bit. You?”

“Terrified.”

“Is everything ready, Will?” Tara asked as she and Willow sat down to eat breakfast.

“Everything’s set up, baby,” Willow said. “I spoke to Fred. Cordy will take us to her.”

“How do you think…”

“I hope it all goes well, babe…” Willow fell silent, already going through the details once again…

A still sleepy Dawn entered the kitchen, still wearing her PJ’s. The brunette sat on one of the stools and looked at Willow and Tara although she seemed to be about to fall sleep on the island counter.

“Hey, guys,” Dawn’s sleepy voice said.

“Good morning, Dawn. Bad night?” Willow asked as Tara placed a mug of hot coffee in front of the younger girl.

“Didn’t sleep…at all,” the brunette answered before taking a sip of her coffee. She sounded really tired. “Umm…Coffee…So, are you ready, guys?”

“Yes, it all set up, sweetie,” Tara answered and placed a plate with toasts along with butter and jam in front of Dawn and Willow.

“How do you think this will go?” Dawn asked, concern showing in her beautiful face.

“I don’t know. I hope it goes okay,” Willow replied, suddenly sounding tired. She didn’t have to say that she barely slept, thinking about the details again and again, going through every single one in her mind…praying this wouldn’t fail…

“You’ll be back on Monday, then?”

“Yes. Willow delivered her last program yesterday and I already talked to Andres, letting him know that I won’t be able to go today and Monday to school,” Tara answered.

“I’ll set up her room after I’m done with my paper,” Dawn said. She still was unsure about this, about how she felt about this but she understood. After all, she knew better than anybody how hard Willow and Tara had worked the past four years to keep everything together and how hard it had been raising her and all…She wanted, no, she needed to support them in their decision and help them in anything she could.

“You don’t have to, Dawnie,” Tara told her.

“I know I don’t have to but I will do it anyway,” Dawn told her.

“Thank you, sweetie.” Tara smiled at her. She knew the brunette simply wanted to help. Tara was amazed how Dawn always wanted to help… but then she remembered who her sister was and it just made sense. The blonde Wiccan was really proud of the young woman Dawn had become.

“Yeah, thanks Dawn,” Willow said and nodded.

“No problem, guys.” Dawn lifted her mug and finished her coffee.

“I guess we’re set.” Willow stood up from her stool and went upstairs to grab their bags and took them to the car. 'Goddess, please…help us all' Willow thought as she closed the trunk of the car. “Now…all we need is to convince Faith to come back…” The redhead whispered to herself before entering the house again and closing the door behind her…

This would be a long day…

okay...dude...this was the shortest thing I EVER wrote!! LOL....anyway...I hope you like it....Chapter 3 will be longer and better. LOL

Last edited by Alex_Vixen on Mon May 19, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC::: FIRE AND LIFE (UPDATED 10/8/010)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:15 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

DIBS!

Ah, I was right! I'm never right! They're bringing Faith back...I hope she agrees to go back with them, our girls need the help...and a break...

Can't wait to see where you go with this!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:21 am 
3. Flaming O

very good update... I was surprised to find that it was Faith they were trying to get back instead of buffy

very interesting twist... I can't wait to find out what happens next

:kitty

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:35 am 
3. Flaming O

Great chapter, Alex...I'm only a little disappointed it's not Buffy coming back. :) Can't wait for chapter 3!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:40 am 
3. Flaming O

ok so this is probably one of the best things in a story...a chapter tho short makes everyone stand on their toes wondering wats going to happen next. this totally rocks socks phoebs keep it up cant wait for chapter 3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:46 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Well, when they said "THE Slayer" I was thinking Faith already (and please, unless you have a *really* great idea for using him, no Connor) so this has me wondering what's next.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:54 am 

Hey Alex !

Well, sometimes the shortest things can be the best, and yeah indeed, very nice twist about Faith, i'm looking forward to see how this will go from here :)

Thumbs up ! ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:54 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great great story so far... Good that Dawn didn't freak out too much when Willow & Tara told about bringing The Slayer back...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:56 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Glad to see that Dawn is ok with the plan and understands they need Buffy back. Looking forward to reading what Faith will have to say.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:21 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
neat little chapter, presumably they're getting Faith to look after Sunndale til they can figure how to bring Buffy back or take over the slayer position for good. lets hope mopre happens in the next chapter though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:30 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Love it!!! I can't wait for more!! :pride

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:18 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

HEY KITTENS!! IM BACK!!!! Im back with Chapter 3...I truly hope you guys like it!! I do! lol

Anyway...I'll leave you to the chapter....

CHAPTER 3- Have a little faith…

Willow and Tara left the house after breakfast. They would get to LA on time for lunch and after that, Cordelia would go with them to the prison where Faith was. Or that was the plan so far…

They were silent during the three hours trip, both Wiccans lost in thoughts…So many things had happened in the past four years since Buffy’s death…They had worked so hard and suffered so much. Tara knew that after Dawn of course, Willow was the one who was suffering the most, and the blonde Wiccan took it as her duty to take care of them both. She had watched them mourn the loss, she had watched them cry and yell. She had cried and yelled with them until there were no more tears…She had seen them light an especial candle every year for Buffy’s birthday, and how their eyes wouldn’t show so much pain as they started to heal…

It had been a surprise when they found out Buffy had named Willow and Tara Dawn’s legal guardians . They weren’t expecting it and sure as Hell weren’t ready for it….but they took “the job” gladly… It was one of the hardest things at first. To work to keep a house and raise Dawn without ruining their relationship and try to start the healing process all at once had been the biggest challenge they had ever faced…And somehow they had make it…

Willow had gotten a job at a local computer systems company, although she was still in college, that allowed her to work from home, and Tara had gotten a part time job at a bookstore. Some days they would only see each other at night, after dinner to go on patrol with Xander, Anya and Giles while Dawn was in the house with Clem. At first, Dawn had become really close to Spike, who looked after her at all cost, but after a few months, the blonde vampire left the town and never returned.

Tara had graduated with an English Literature degree and for the past year she had been teaching in the new high school. She really enjoyed teaching, it was a constant challenge and she loved it. Willow, of course, couldn’t be any more proud of her girlfriend.

Giles was a bit reluctant at first when he saw how Willow and Tara took charge of the Slayer duties but he had to admit that when the couple of witches put their minds into something…it was a better idea to step aside and let them be…

The Council had been a different matter. They didn’t want “kids” doing the Slayer’s job. But just like Buffy had done once, they had proven they were more than fit for the job…

But they had to face the truth…they weren’t the Slayer…they couldn’t keep going like this…They needed Faith…

Once they got to the Hyperion, they were received by Cordy and Fred, who led them inside where Angel was waiting for them, after getting their bags from the trunk.

“Willow, Tara, it’s nice to see you, guys,” Angel said and gave them both a gentle hug. The elder vampire had become a close friend during the past three years, he had helped A LOT.

“Angel, nice to see you too,” Willow said after pulling away.

“How are you, Angel?” Tara asked.

“I’m good. I’ll take your bags upstairs while you go for lunch with Cordy.” Angel gave them a small smile and took their bags.

“Thank you, Angel. Cordy, shall we?” Willow said.

“Let’s go, guys,” the seer said and grabbed her purse from the counter. “Fred, you’re not coming?” Cordelia asked her but Fred was already picking up some books.

“No, you guys go. I have some research to finish,” Fred said. She gave them all a small smile and waved as they left.

“See you later, then,” Cordy said.

“See you later, Fred,” Willow said. Tara smiled at her and waved as well.

Cordelia got in the back seat of the car and indicated Willow where there was a good place to eat.

“This is the right choice, Willow,” the seer said half-way through lunch.

There were in a small, private restaurant and so far nobody had said anything. They were eating in silence, lost in thoughts.

“You think, Cordy?” Willow looked at her. They had never been the best of friends, but in the past years they had changed and at least now they shared a respectful something similar to a friendship. The redhead didn’t understand how Cordelia and Tara could get along so well, like they knew each other for years, but she didn’t mind. After all, her blonde angel could make the hardest of hearts to melt, so she wasn’t surprised.

“Yes. I actually think you’re doing the right thing, Will,” Cordelia said. “If you had asked me that a few years ago, I would have told you she was a psycho who needed to be locked up.”

“But now, Cordy?” Tara asked.

“I think she deserves another chance,” Cordelia simply said. She looked…exhausted somehow. Tara had the feeling that the visions were taking their toll on the young brunette although she didn’t want to admit it.

“She was so lost…” Tara commented and the others looked at her. “When I saw her in Buffy’s body…She was lost, angry and sad…She was just a little girl, a lost little girl,” Tara explained.

“We need to give her a second chance but she must gives us one as well,” Willow finally said.

“She won’t be easy to convince, you do know that, right, Willow?” Cordelia asked. “Faith doesn’t trust anybody and she may be changed but she’s still Faith.”

“We know she won’t trust us. At least not now,” Tara replied and nodded.

“She can be quite stubborn but unfortunately for her, I am more stubborn than her,” Willow said as she stare at her half eaten plate, going over the details in her head again. That was all she did, go over the details over and over again…

“You seriously need a vacation, Willow,” Cordelia commented. “You look way too stressed.”

“Ya think, Cordy?” Willow chuckled. “If I was stressed before when I was just a sidekick… imagine now that I’m in charge.”

“You both need to start taking care of yourselves more. You both are thinner than the last time I saw you,” Cordelia said.

“We’ve been under a lot of stress lately,” Tara replied. “And you look thinner too, Cordy. Those visions are wearing you out.”

“I get what you mean, but there’s nothing I can do. But you need to take care or you won’t be must of a help. We have to go soon, I’m going to go to the restroom and be right back.”

As soon as Cordelia left, Willow sighed. Tara looked at her, frowning.

“She means it with the best intentions, Will. She’s changed a lot,” Tara said, knowing what was going through her girlfriend’s mind.

“I know she did. Still, it’s hard to just…forget. It’s not easy to get used to it,” Willow said.

“How do you expect to forgive Faith if you can’t forgive Cordy?” Tara asked.

“I never said I didn’t forgive her. I’m just saying I’m not used to this caring good Cordelia. That’s all,” Willow replied. She was tense. Her whole body was tense and Tara could see it. The blonde brought up her hand to caress her girlfriend’s hair and sighed.

Cordelia came back from the restroom and they left the restaurant. To say that a visit to a prison was uncomfortable was a statement. The guards checked and rechecked they didn’t have anything on them, they made them put their car keys and other little things in boxes to get them on their way out. Willow frowned while the female guard registered Tara, she didn’t like anybody putting their hands on her girlfriend, but of course she didn’t say anything. They were inside a prison after all…

Then they were led to a big room that had a lot of tables and benches to sit, some were already occupied by women wearing the characteristic orange overall talking to family and/or friends. It was depressing, the gray walls, the metal tables and benches...the air inside that place was suffocating. Willow and Tara sat down on one of the benches and waited. Another guard brought Faith to the table a couple of minutes later. She looked good, except for the scar across the left side of her mouth…

“Red? Blondie? What the fuck…”

Faith frowned, as if not believing her own eyes. The Slayer sat down in front of them and starting cracking her knuckles and wrists. She hated to feel the handcuffs. She was silent for a minute, before she couldn’t take it anymore.

“What are you doin’ here?” Faith asked.

“It’s nice to see you, Faith,” Willow said, trying to not sound so sarcastic.

“What are you doing here?” The Slayer repeated, confused. “I don’t think you missed me so…Spill it.”

“Always so charming, Faith,” Willow said ironically and Tara took her hand, offering her silent support.

“We’re here because there’s something we must talk about, Faith,” Tara said firmly.

“Wow, you speak, Blondie. What happened to the stutter? It was kinda cute,” Faith teased and smirked.

“Shut up, Faith,” Willow said firmly, feeling less confident than she was letting show. “Now, you listen. We’re here because it is necessary. But if you’re gonna be a bitch, then we’re gone. None of us is going to stand any kind of bullshit. Okay?”

Faith looked at her as if the redhead just slapped her. After a few seconds, Faith cleared her throat.

“Deal, Red.” Faith looked at Tara. “Sorry, Blondie.” And this time Tara could sense the honesty behind Faith’s words.

“Apologies accepted,” Tara said.

“So, what’s the deal? Why are you here?” Faith’s tone was a bit nicer this time.

“Well, you do know about Buffy, right? Cordy said she told you,” Willow said.

“Yeah, I know…” Faith frowned at this for a moment. “I was truly sorry to hear what happened. At least she left fightin’, savin’ the world…”

Of course Faith didn’t mention that she had felt it when Buffy died. She knew before Cordelia showed up to give her the news. It was the weirdest experience ever for her. She was in her cell and suddenly she passed out and when she woke up she knew. Somehow she knew… But that secret would die with her…

“She did. She saved us all,” Willow said after thinking for a minute. The redhead took a deep breath. “Faith, we’re here because we need you.”

Once again, Faith was surprised.

“What? YOU need ME?” Faith asked, surprised evident in her voice.

“Yes, Faith. We need you,” Tara confirmed.

“Tara and I have been taking care of the Slayer duties since Buffy died. We’ve been taking care of everything, but we can’t do it anymore. We’re not the Slayer. We NEED the Slayer, and although I’m sure we could, we can’t bring Buffy back. That is why we need you,” Willow said. “We’re here offering you your freedom, a second chance.”

“And we’re asking for you to give us a second chance as well, Faith,” Tara added.

“What? You jokin’.”

“No,” Willow replied. The redhead sighed and Faith could see how tired she looked. Faith could see Willow, the confident woman she had become, but she could also see the tiredness behind her eyes, the exhaustion… “Faith, we all know you did mistakes. But so did we. Maybe if we hadn’t…We need the Slayer, you’ll have your freedom back and full support. And a salary from the Council, we have a deal with them. And no, before you think about it, we don’t want you to be Buffy’s replacement…We need you.”

Faith chuckled.

“It would take to be born again to be B’s replacement, Red,” Faith said with a hint of pride in her voice that confused both Willow and Tara. “But I can’t go back.” Now it was Willow’s turn to be surprised.

“What? Why not?”

“‘Cause…Oh, I don’t know, Red, maybe ‘cause I’m in here,” Faith replied sarcastically. Willow actually laughed this time and Tara smiled.

“And you think I can’t get you outta here?” Willow asked and her eyes glowed for a moment with pride. A pride Faith didn’t know the redhead possessed. “With a click, you’re free, Faith.”

“I won’t work for the mother fuckers of the Council,” Faith said.

“You won’t work for them, Faith,” Tara said. "You will be working with us."

“Exactly. You won’t work for them, they learnt the lesson. They work for us, for you. This is simple, Faith. And believe it or not, we actually want you to come back. We want to make things right this time.”

“We need you in the team, Faith. We don’t have to be friends, but we work as a team,” Tara added. “You need to understand that.”

“If you accept, you’ll be release on Monday. You’ll come back to Sunnydale with us. Giles will give you a couple of days to get settle with us and then you’ll start training again. And as I already told you, the Council has agreed on paying you. The sons of bitches sure have enough money. You can stay with us for as long as you want to or you can get a place to live.”

Faith seemed lost in thoughts for a few minutes. Willow and Tara glanced at each other, wondering what was going on through her mind, wondering if they’ll get out of that place empty handed.

Finally, after fifteen minutes, Faith sighed and ran a hand through her now really long hair to pull it away from her face.

“I’m actually makin’ progress, ya know?” Faith said and Willow and Tara looked at her, confused. “Here,” Faith explained. “They make you see a shrink every week,” Faith clarified when she saw they hadn’t understood.

“No wonder you’re actually being polite,” Willow said and Tara hit her thigh under the table. Faith however was laughing.

“Nice, Red,” the Slayer said. “You sure can get me outta here?”

“I would advise you to not doubt of the only person who can get you out of here, Faith,” Willow said firmly.

“I’m not, Red.” Faith thought for another minute. “Okay. If ya can get me outta here, then I’m in.”

“Great. Awesome.” Willow looked so relieved and tired Faith thought she would fall sleep right there. The Slayer looked at Tara. She looked exhausted as well, but it was obvious she was trying not to show it, just like Willow. The blonde held her girlfriend’s hand all the time and was surrounded by a light that showed how strong and mature she was now. The blonde that Faith was looking at was very different from the shy insecure girl she had met once a long time ago.

'This should be interesting...' Faith thought while she was being taken back to her cell.

Willow was already in bed, typing furiously in her laptop while Tara did her routine before bed. She was rubbing cream in her arms and legs in front of the dresser.

“HA!” The redhead exclaimed triumphantly.

“What is it, Will?” Tara asked as she made her way to the bed in the room Angel had set up for them. The blonde looked like a vision with her black satin nightie that reached mid thigh and her long blonde hair cascading down her shoulders. Willow was looking at her, open mouthed, just like every night. “What?”

“You get more beautiful every day, how can you do that?” Willow breathed out like a love struck teenager . Tara gave her a small smile and a light blush spread over her cheeks.

“Are you sure you don’t need glasses, Will?” Tara joked and got into bed.

“You are, Tara,” Willow said. The redhead leaned in to kiss her girlfriend’s full lips and Tara gladly responded to the kiss, her lips instantly moving against Willow’s. “And I love you,” Willow added.

“I love you too, Will,” Tara answered. “So, tell me, what happened?”

Willow placed her laptop on the night table and brought up her left hand to interlock her fingers into Tara’s silky hair. The redhead pulled her in for another sweet kiss.

“I got everything set up for Faith to get out of prison. She’ll be release on Monday. Baby, you smell really good!” Willow breathed out.

The redhead’s mouth was only a few inches away from Tara’s and Willow’s pink tongue came out for a second to lick the redhead’s dry lips.

“So, everything is ready, honey?” Tara asked and silently gasped when Willow began to nuzzle the skin of her cheek and neck with her nose. She was barely touching her but it was driving the blonde crazy. “Will? Honey? Can we…talk for a minute?”

Willow pulled away from Tara’s yummy skin and stared at her girlfriend, almost pouting.

“I want smoochies!” Willow whined, causing Tara to smile. “Now!”

“Honey, just answer me and then we can have all the smoochies you want to, okay?” Tara told her as if she was speaking to a 4 year old.

“Yes, everything is ready. Faith will get out Monday morning. When we get back to Sunnydale, I’ll call Mike from the Council and he’ll erase her jail record,” Willow said. “Now, can we make out?” The redhead asked with such child-like excitement that Tara let out a small laugh.

“That and more, honey,” Tara said, giving Willow that lop-side smirk that was only for her, as she closed the distance between them and her lips met Willow’s for a tender yet full of passion kiss.

“Yay,” Willow whispered before her lips met Tara’s again and again, while one of her hands fund its way under Tara’s nightie….

Okay, guys, that was the Chapter!! I hope you liked it!!! I have a little surprise for the next Chapter..."somebody" will show up in a way none of you imagine! So wait for the next Chapter!!

Last edited by Alex_Vixen on Mon May 19, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC::: FIRE AND LIFE (UPDATED 13/8/010)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:21 am 

Hey Alex !

Wow, seems i'm not late for once, hehe...^^' So, very nice chapter, the characters are all very well written, and i'm wondering about what our dear Faith thinks should be that interesting ^^

Keep it up ! :peace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:26 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Very sweet chapter!

Glad Faith agreed! The girls need a break!!

Loved it, can't wait for more!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:11 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Good that Faith agreed... I wonder if Spike comes back for some reason...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:19 am 
8. Vixen

Doing great sweetie. I am really enjoying this story. Looking forward to seeing what the twist is going to be.
M

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:34 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Glad that Faith agreed to come back. Hopefully she has changed for the better. Patiently waiting to see who this 'somebody' is that will show up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:48 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

HEY KITTENS!!!!!!!! IM BACK!!!!!

Okay, so...this Chapter is mostly about Faith, how Faith feels and thinks... I thought that it was a good idea to show how she feels, right?? So, as I promised, "somebody" will show up, in a...weird way but hey, that happens to the Slayer... lol...so...

Anyway...I'll leave you to the Chapter...

CHAPTER 4- Faith…

The gate opened and Faith stepped outside. Her heart was pounding inside her chest and she could barely breathe. She was going insane. She was happy…she was shocked…she was free…

Faith started walking down the street. She didn’t have anything on her but the clothes she was wearing: skin tight jeans, a black tank top, a denim jacket and work boots, and 50 bucks Angel had given her a long time ago before she turn herself in. But now she was free! She had thought about her decision of accepting Willow’s offer. She didn’t know what would happen but maybe…A voice in the back of her head told her that everything would be alright, if she let it be, if she gave them a chance…if she gave herself a chance…

'Man, that shrink really got into my head...' Faith thought. A voice, which was actually quite similar to Buffy’s, so similar that made Faith shiver and not in a good way, said inside her head. Give them a chance, Faith. And give yourself another chance…

As soon as the voice appeared, it was gone. Faith frowned. She was going insane…And somehow she knew, just like she had known when Buffy died…Something would happen, something big was about to happen…

“Faith!”

The Slayer turned around and saw Willow’s car. The redhead stopped the car in front of her and got out.

“Hey, Red.”

“I was looking for you. I got a little held back in the traffic,” Willow said. “C’mon, get in. Are you hungry?”

“Actually, I’m starving, Red,” Faith said as she got inside the car. “Blondie’s not here? I thought you didn’t go anywhere without your honey.”

“She’s at the hotel. She and Fred got you some clothes and a few other things you can use. I got all the info and papers about the bank account I set up for you, and some other stuff. I also have-” Willow continued to babble about all the papers she had to give Faith but the Slayer wasn’t listening anymore.

Faith actually smiled at this. She let out a small laugh, and then another, and another until she was laughing at the top of her lungs like she had never done before. Willow glanced at her, not sure of how to react. She had never heard Faith laughing. She had heard her chuckling cockily but never like this…Willow never heard such honesty and mix of happiness and relieve in Faith’s voice.

“Are you okay, Faith?” Willow asked.

“I’m great, actually, Red,” Faith found herself saying. She couldn’t help it, she actually felt joy of hearing the redhead’s voice.

“Good, Faith.” Willow seemed hesitant. She stopped the car as soon as she could and turn to face Faith in the passenger seat. “Okay. I really need to say this so hear me out because if I don’t say I won’t be able to sleep. We were never friends, Hell, we weren’t even close to that. And I get it, we’re way too different. We’re complete opposites. And that’s cool. I don’t mind. But we’re gonna be working together so atleast, I think there should be some respect between us. What you say? Deal?” Willow extended her hand.

“Yeah, Red. Agreed. Deal,” Faith said and took the hand that was offered.

“I’m glad we reached an agreement, Faith,” Willow said and started the car again.

“I’m not exactly the same who I used to be anymore, Red,” Faith whispered more to herself than to Willow.

'We'll see about that, Faith...' Willow thought.

On the way to the hotel, Faith was quietly thinking…So far, she was thinking about her sessions with the prison’s shrink. She seemed kinda cool, even if Faith was a total bitch at first because she had her file and knew everything about her past. At first the Slayer didn’t want to talk to a shrink, but something made her see she had a chance, the older woman was offering her a chance to open up…

Apparently, now Willow was offering her the same. They would probably never be friends, but atleast they could respect each other…She owed her that much…

'Now I'm startin' to sound like Fang-Boy' Faith thought and mentally chuckled.

They arrived to the hotel, where fresh coffee and pop tarts were waiting for her. She was told they would leave to Sunnydale after lunch so she could take a nap and a bath. That was an offer Faith couldn’t reject, a nap and a hot bath, alone, was priceless right now…

After lunch they left in Willow’s car. Faith was in the back seat playing with the new shiny cell phone Willow had given her. By her side there was a black folder with all the papers Willow had babbled about and a backpack with the clothes Fred and Tara had gotten for her. They were just a couple of jeans and tank tops but they suited her just fine.

Faith wondered why Red and her girlfriend were taking so much trouble to make her feel good, they had been extremely nice and the Slayer couldn’t understand why…

Just give them a chance, Faith. Let them see you... The creepy Buffy-like spoke again inside Faith’s head.

“What the fuck…” Faith whispered and looked around, confused.

“Are you okay, Faith?” Tara asked from the front seat.

“Yeah, T. No problem,” Faith quickly replied. Maybe too quickly, but the others didn’t say anything. They simply shared a look and shrugged.

“Faith, if you want to take another nap, you can,” Willow said from the driver’s seat.

“Great idea, Red,” Faith agreed.

The Slayer laid down on her side and used her backpack as a pillow. It was such a good idea that Faith fell asleep as soon as she closed her eyes…

Faith had this dream before…She was in the hospital bed, she was supposed to be in coma but she wasn’t. Faith was awake and the pain in her abdomen was more real than she wanted to remember. The Slayer winced at the pain and touched the fresh wound…

“I never got the chance to apologize for stabbing you, Faith,” a voice said and Faith looked wide eyed at the person standing in front of the window…

“B?”

The blonde Slayer was looking outside the hospital window. She was wearing a peach colored summer dress that reached mid tight and when she turned around there was a big kind smile on her face.

“B…what the hell…” Faith looked at her open mouthed. The Slayer tried to sit but the pain in her abdomen was too big, too real. “What are you doing here? What the fuck…How…”

“Relax, Faith,” Buffy said, the smile never left her face as she spoke. “You had this dream before, remember?”

“I do but…What are you doin’ here? How?”

“I can’t answer all your questions, Faith. But I’m here to tell you one thing,” Buffy said.

“What?”

“I think you already know it. Something is coming. Something is coming and you’ll be needed,” Buffy said.

“I can feel it, B. I’m not sure if I what I feel is the pre Apocalypse buzz or not but it’s gonna be big. Why you, B?”

“Because I’m your Slayer Sister. We were unique, don’t you remember? We were the Chosen Two, weren’t we?” Buffy said and there was a flash of sadness in her face.

“Of course I remember, B. We were the Chosen Two…before I fucked everything up,” Faith said. “I’m sorry, B. I never got to apologize for what I did.”

“You don’t need to apologize, Faith. We both messed up so you have nothing to be sorry for.” Buffy walked towards her and gave her a small smile. The blonde Slayer sat down on the edge of the bed and took Faith’s hand. “I saw it too late, Faith. What we could’ve been…It, we, weren’t meant to be.”

“We could’ve been great. No bad guy would’ve been stronger than us, B. Glory, we could’ve kicked her sorry ass,” Faith said and chuckled.

“I didn’t mean the slaying, Faith,” Buffy said and her eyes met Faith’s.

“We could have, B. But we weren’t meant to be,” Faith agreed.

“We weren’t. You’re fated to be with her,” Buffy said. At first Faith’s brain didn’t register what the blonde had said but after a minute something clicked.

“Her? What you mean?” Faith asked.

“The Big Guys Upstairs sent me to give you a message. You must protect the Chosen Child, for she is fated to save the Chosen One.”

“What the hell does that mean?” Faith asked, confused.

“What do I know? All I know is that HER love will save the world,” Buffy said. “Now I must go, Faith, and you must wake up.”

“I gotta wake up, B?”

“Yes, and remember…If you give them and yourself a chance, Faith, you will never be alone again. Let them see the Faith I got to see.” Buffy leaned in and placed a loving kiss on Faith’s forehead.

Faith was confused, and sleepy. She tried to fight the fog that was invading her brain, all she could see was Buffy’s smile…until everything fade to black… Only a few words remained in Faith’s brain before the Slayer fell asleep… Let them see you, Faith…

Faith sat up, alarmed. She was still in the back seat of Red’s car. She was sweating and confused, her breathing was heavy... The Slayer could remember everything about the dream and it only confused her more. She was supposed to protect somebody? And she would love that person? What the fuck…

“Faith, are you okay?” Tara asked the Slayer. Faith was sweating like crazy and she looked really scared. The blonde frowned. She was sure that Faith never let that scared look to show up in her eyes.

“Yes, Faith, are you okay?” Willow asked from the driver’s seat, looking at the Slayer in the rearview mirror.

“I’m…fine. Yeah, I’m fine, guys,” Faith said. “It’s weird to wake up and not be in the cell, ya know…” Faith joked. Or tried to, since the fear in her voice was obvious…

“Okay. Are you hungry? We’ll get to Sunnydale in a few minutes. Dawn must have prepared your room already so you can take another nap or something before dinner,” Willow said.

“‘Kay. Thanks, Red. Wait, you said Dawn? She’s living with you, guys?” Faith asked.

“Yes, we are her legal guardians. Well, now not anymore, she’s not a minor anymore but…we took care of her after Buffy’s death,” Tara answered. “She’s still living with us.”

“Cool. The kid was fun to hang out with,” Faith commented. She knew she had a lot to apologize and make up for but who knew? Maybe the kid didn’t hate her anymore and they could hang out like they used to before.

“Well, Faith, she’s not a kid anymore. She’s 19 now,” Tara commented with a small almost sad smile.

“Really? Whoa…Now I feel old,” Faith joked.

“Shut up, we’re older,” Willow said not-so-playfully.

“Right, I forgot,” Faith said. “So, the kid’s in college now? What’s she studyin'?”

“She wants to be psychologist,” Tara said and Faith could feel the pride pouring with every word. She was obviously proud of her little Dawnie.

“And she’s gonna be an excellent one, let me tell ya. She’s so dedicated-”

And Willow spent the next ten minutes babbling about how good Dawn was in school. Faith felt like laughing, they both were acting like proud parents but she decided not to say anything. She didn’t want them to take it the wrong way and a moment after Faith wondered when she started caring…

'You started caring when they decided to give ya a second chance, you fuckin' moron!' Faith thought.

They got to Sunnydale a few minutes later. Being back in the town was somehow…overwhelming. She had done so much wrong in that place, she had hurt so many people…Well, this was her chance to make up for it…

The three young women arrived to Revello Drive and Willow parked the car in the driveway. Tara opened the trunk and handed Willow her backpack and grabbed hers as Faith got out of the car, one hand held the black folder and the other was holding her backpack.

“Let’s go inside,” Willow said. Then she looked at Faith, without really looking at her. “I’ll show you your bedroom.”

“Great, Red,” Faith said and followed the redhead and the blonde into the house,

It was just like she remembered, although some little things were different. Faith noticed they had basically changed a few little things, like the wallpaper or the couch (now there was also an armchair) and the rug. But it had made the difference…The three women living in that house had clearly done what they could to feel home…to forget all the horror and fear and death that house had witnessed over the years…

“Hey, baby, give me that,” Willow told Tara and took the backpack from her girlfriend’s hand. “If you follow me, Faith…”

Willow led her upstairs, left the backpacks in the master bedroom and then opened the door to the spare room, which used to be Dawn’s. The bed was made and the room was completely clean, Dawn had done a good job.

“So, you can take another nap if you want to or I don’t know, go downstairs and watch TV. Sheets and all that stuff are in the closet,” Willow said. Faith placed her backpack on the bed and looked around. “Whatever you need, just tell us or…help yourself. Feel like home, okay?” Willow walked back to the door.

Before Willow could leave, Faith spoke.

“Thank you, Red,” Faith said and the redhead knew the Slayer was thanking her for more than showing her the bedroom.

“No need to thank me, Faith.” Willow nodded before closing the door behind her.

Faith sat on the bed. The Slayer started thinking about what she was going to do. She sure wasn’t taking another nap, the last one had freaked her out enough, so she decided to go have a shower…

It felt so good to let the hot water wash the troubles and confusion away…Faith felt great after the hot shower. The Slayer was closing the bathroom door, wearing nothing but the towel she had wrapped around her torso, her hair still wet, when she saw Dawn coming upstairs. At first the brunette didn’t see her but after a second she stopped and stared at her.

“Hey, D. Dawn,” Faith said and brought up her hand to pull a stray lock of wet hair behind her ear.

“Hello, Faith,” Dawn said and walked towards her door. Faith did the same and walked to her door, which was right across the hall from Dawn’s.

“Hey, D,” Faith said before entering her bedroom. The brunette looked at her, seriously. “Red told me you set up my room. Um, thanks for that.”

“Was just helping Willow and Tara…Faith,” Dawn said firmly and disappeared behind her door.

Faith was dumbstruck. Dawn sure had grown up! The brunette had become into a tall elegant young woman. She had long legs that went on for miles, small but feminine hips, a tiny waist and full rounded breasts. She was beautiful…and hot as Hell! That day she was wearing tight jeans that made her ass look delicious and a low cut dark blue blouse that hung to every curve and allowed to see a little bit of cleavage…

Finally, Faith shook her head. She realized she was still standing in the doorway of her room, only covered by a towel…

“What the fuck…” The Slayer looked down, shocked at her body’s reaction…

Faith closed her bedroom’s door and went back to the bathroom, for a COLD shower this time…

In her room, Dawn was leaning against the closed door. The knuckles of the hand that was still grabbing the doorknob were white as a dead body and her breathing was heavy. She was trying HARD to erase the image of a wet, almost naked Faith from her mind…

“What the hell…” She said out loud, confused…

Okay guys!! That was the Chapter!! I hope you liked it!! I told ya somebody would show up in a weird way!! LOL.... and don't worry, for those who wanted Buffy to show up...she will show up... I just couldnt drag her away from Heaven. After all, Death was her gift, dont you remember? LOL....

Last edited by Alex_Vixen on Mon May 19, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC::: FIRE AND LIFE (UPDATED 15/8/010)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:13 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Ah, dibs. My second of the day. Back in a min!

Ooh, we're going for the Faith/Dawn pairing again. I still struggle in seeing them together, but I think that's just my struggle with seeing Faith as a character at all. But like we've talked about before, you make her much more three-dimensional, so it's easier to see.

I am intrigued as to what you'll do with them.

Missed the W/T stuff in this chapter but I think you were right to have a chapter from Faith's perspective. It fitted in nicely.

Also love that Buffy came in a dream. Very cool.

Looking forward to more!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:29 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I'm wondering if the Chosen Child is Dawn and Dawn's love for Faith is going save the world...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:04 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I actually was thinking about it.....I want you guys to decide.....do you want Faith and Dawn together or you want another character??

If Im honest, I kinda miss writing F/D as a couple and I got things planned in a different way than I did before....but at this point is when I need to know, cause I can change it. If you guys want another character, then I can include another one, if you guys want F/D together, then....

You guys have 3 days, you decide, I write for you so....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:32 pm 
8. Vixen

my vote is for f/d. love your location kiddo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next