The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: UberCon '05 (Updated 11/7/05 - COMPLETE)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:03 pm 
8. Vixen

Hmmm, sounds like a plan to me. :party

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:56 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
I finally sat down to read this. Terrific premise, and so well executed! You rounded out the characters so well, especially how Buffy, Xander and Anya fit into it all.

So, are we going to see the story that Willow and Tara concoct, placing Xena and Gab in the Trek universe? Xena is security chief, Gab is a counselor. Dashing Captain optional, of course. :-D

Now I'll have to read UberSmut!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:22 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

CaptMurdock

Maaaaaany thanks! Thank you for your kind words, and I'm very glad that you enjoyed the story. I had a lot of fun coming up with the premise and I also really enjoyed figuring out the other characters and why on earth they all wanted to attend UberCon. :)

I think we will definitely see someone concoct a Trek fic for UberSmut with Gabs and Xena in positions of command (or possibly Borg) - likely submitted by someone on the Warrior Board named CaptSomeone... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:09 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
Hey Sally!!!

This was greatly entertaining! I love the way you wrote all the characters and the humor you gave them. I've been sitting here for the last hour hearing my laughter echo throughout my empty house (which is kinda creepy, come to think of it).

The relationship between all the scoobies was so richly written. You really got a sense that X/B/W and T/A were tight. I love how you've written Anya, nice mix of sass and smarts.

I don't think there would have been a better way for Willow and Tara to finally discover the truth:

Quote:
"So look for an update from wiccanbard - that's me." She looked at Willow as she said it.

Willow sat perfectly still as the room broke into another round of applause. She gazed back at Tara, who returned the look with a half-smile before breaking eye contact and making her way back to her seat.

What?

[Insert melting heart here]

I have to say that you've written my ultimate most favorite cutesy "AWW!" moment since I've been here on the board. Okay, two of my ultimate most favorite cutesy "AWW!" moments.

1) The palm reading scene. You had me grinning like a pothead. Seriously, perma-smile all the way through. So sweet, I'm going to need a new set of teeth from all the cavities it gave me.

2) The post office scene. Must replace the replacement teeth now.

Now, had I been in either of their shoes, their would have been some earth shakin' lovin' going on. Kudos to them for such steeley resolve. And I guess that would have made Ubersmut moot.

A fabulous story Sal. My apologies for not having read it sooner. Now if you excuse me, I've got Ubersmut to read and a whole lot of Xena to watch!

Kisses and Gay Love
"I like my buttons, curvy." - Willow, Neverland, by Easiersaid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:04 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Foomatic

Hey Foo, welcome to the party! I'm so glad you thought that UberCon '05 was entertaining - VERY glad. I was nervous about attempting to write a multi-part story because I was terrified of getting stuck or writer's block or something like that.

I think that one of my favorite parts about a multi-part fic that was kind of complicated plotwise was the cast of secondary characters because there's so much opportunity for them to help flesh out bits of WT and of course to keep the action moving.

Hee! I have to also say that I'm glad you thought that it was a good way for WT to meet via the fanfic reading. That was a scene that I had in my mind from the beginning, actually - I had thought, "Hmmm, what about this idea?" and immediately I saw a dramatic climax with Tara reading her story and "coming out" about her identity to Willow. That's what I was working toward the whole time.

And hee hee about the palm reading and Post Office. I wasn't quite sure how those two were going to break the ice. I considered so many options - Truth or Dare, Spin the Bottle, handcuffs - but ultimately went with something a little more innocent. ;)

And many many many thanks for reading and feedbacking to you, Foo. Yep, I figured those two deserved some UberSmut, for sure, for being so well behaved. Of course, when you mix fan fiction and sex... :D

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:17 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

New to the archive. You can leave feedback! :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:50 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Wow, so I can't remember how I found this story, I just realized it was written a while ago but felt I had to comment on how good it is. I read it in one go just tonight, loved it. Great interactions, very Willow / Tara-like.

Thanks! :pride

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:50 am 
17. Mega-Witches

sadie

Thank you so much! This was the first multi-chapter story that I wrote and it was exhilarating to write and to plot the story out. I appreciate not only your reading it after all this time, but also that you let me know you enjoyed it. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:57 am 
5. Willowhand

I really enjoyed this story. Not only was it incredibly funny, but it was so nice to get to see the interactions between the girls, both online and before they were aware of the other's identity. they are absolutely precious, and utterly spasmodic. (The last is definately something to which I can relate! That sounds so awkward. Stupid don't-end-a-sentence-with-a-preposition rule *grumble grumble* ;-) )

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:51 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Proper grammar sounds awkward a lot of the time because it's not the way most people speak, or at least most people that I talk to. (Heh, I ended my sentence with a preposition.) Thank you so much, I'm so glad that you enjoyed UberCon '05 - I loved writing that story and I love those two characters (I mean, of course I love Willow and Tara but in this particular setting, I liked them especially). So glad you liked it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:29 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 1
Hello !!

I liked this fic!! And I wanna play "Post Office"... So Tara wanted to send something to France ??? Well, my address is... :lol :kdevil
I love this Anya, she's really nice but she's still herself so it's great!! ;-)

thank you for this fun :)

Julia

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:40 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Hi Juju, thanks for stopping by and for your UberCon '05 feedback! And Anya is one of my favorite characters to write, so I was extra glad to read your comments about her. Thank you so much!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:40 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I hesitated to read this one, because I refuse to read fics about fandoms I haven't finished yet, or crossovers. With the Xena element, its kinda both, but it doesn't matter cause the story was wonderfully cute, funny and slightly angsty. And now I really wanna watch Xena. All I remember from the show was that Xena killed the Devil once, and had to become him, and also Xena told Gabby that she loved her once. And I was like, "What? But they're both girls?" So my 7 yr old brain decided they were sister-like friends. Oh, little me.

My heart and I have wandered aimlessly beneath the Weeping Willows, searching for the sun. - Hayley Westenra, "My heart and I"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:03 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Loved it ! Loved it! Loved it ! Wow, I don't know why it took me so long to read this one. It was great :) Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7