The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fic: This look of Love (Angst free W/T Love)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:34 pm 
Aww Lovely start!! Yay! Their getting married! I can't wait 4 the wedding! Willow is so sweet w/ all the lil notes!

I Loved how Anya was in the beginning, like if u say the day will be perfect it will turn into Hell on Earth! I don't anything can turn W/T's wedding day into Hell on earth!!

Can't wait 2 read more! :)

~Ashley~

Willow: We can come by between classes. Usually I use that time to copy over my class notes with a system of different colored pens. But it's been pointed out to me that that's, you know... insane.
Tara: I said quirky.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:14 pm 
Awwww, great start Urn :) Loved Willow leaving notes for Tara and writing up a big itinerary for everyone but her blushing bride to be :) Can't wait for the actual wedding and some more Willow and Tara goodness. Oh and the line where Tara reffered to earth shaking on her honeymoon was just too funny :)

Cheers

Nath

Isn't it funny how you feel your most tired five minutes before you have to get up.

Post subject: Fic: This look of Love (Angst free W/T Love)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:17 pm 
Title: This Look of Love

Rating: PG and that is for a curse word or two.

Archive: Copy, cut, paste I don’t care it’s all for pens anyway. No one in my house wants to read it.

Summary: This fic takes place about a year after Willow and Tara graduate. The entire gang is here from S6. Willow and Tara are getting ready for a very big event. MAJOR romance… zero ANGST

Author’s Note: Some of the events in this fic actually took place in my own life. Of course some did not. You can use your imagination and decide which are which. Enjoy

Copyright Disclaimer: Joss and Company owns all the characters. But they are alive and happy here. So screw ME. Not me, but you know ME.

Quick note of thanks to LS for the beta. Hope you all enjoy.

This look of Love

Chapter 1 The itinerary

“It’s not going to happen.” Dawn spoke softly yet firmly looking at her sister as they walked down the stairs. “ I’m certain everything will go smoothly.”

Turning to look with confusion and flushed with laughter Buffy spoke, ”Are you serious? Have you forgotten where we live?” Buffy fought hard to hold back her laughter.

“I’m just saying they Love each other way too much, and there is no way anything will stop this.” Dawn looked directly at her sister spitting the words out at her. “On this day, I swear, nothing terrible, awful or catastrophic will happen.”

“Are you insane?” Anya screeched entering the Summer’s house without knocking. “Do you want to curse the entire day? God Buffy, haven’t you taught her anything about tempting fate.”

“Hello, Anya.” Dawn looked in disgust. “We were actually in the middle of a private conversation.” Dawn looked at Buffy, who was smiling very largely at Anya. “Anyway, yes I know I shouldn’t tempt fate but I am 100% certain that today will be perfect.”

“Oh my god.” Anya spouted again, ”will you stop saying that already?”

“Yes Dawn, please stop saying that nothing could possibly ruin this day, and that everything will go smoothly now,” Buffy said in full on laughter. “Anya, It’s really O.K. as much as I hate to admit it, I think I have to agree with Dawn on this one. With Willow in charge of things, the day has been planned to the very second.”

“Yes, I am very aware that the day has been mapped out so that the blind could find their way,” Anya replied, “ I just don’t like when she puts bad karma out there in space, especially the space that I have to occupy. Okay?” Anya turned to enter the dining room.

“Right,” Buffy replied with a grin.

As they walked into the dining room, all three women stopped fast. Walking from the kitchen was a vision of bliss. It brought tears of joy to all their faces. Wide eyed Dawn spoke,” Oh wow, you look amazing.”

Tara walked toward them, still in her robe, blushing and fighting to keep from looking down with embarrassment. “Thanks sweetie,” Tara softly spoke. “I still have to actually put on my dress though. So hold off on the flattery until then, okay?”

“Sure,” Dawn replied. “It’s just that, you look like a vision. Not like a spirity vision, but you are glowing and you just look very happy. It’s really cool.”

“I am,” Tara replied with the most amazing smile that lit the room. “I do believe that today, there is nothing that could possibly...” She was sharply cut off.

“What the hell is the matter with you people?” Anya bellowed. “Do you want the earth to open up right here in front of you and swallow us whole?”

Dawn, Buffy, and Tara looked at each other and laughed. Tara winked at the two sisters indicating that she was fully aware of the conversation that was going on while she was in the kitchen.

“Fine, Laugh all you want, but when you and Willow are saying your vows, and the earth starts to shake, and things explode,” Anya breezed her wild words, “don’t come crying to me. I tried to warn you all.”

“I’ll consider myself warned,” Tara replied. “Anyway the earth shaking and the explosions, we’ll leave that for the honeymoon.” Tara said with a sly grin.

The crowd in the room stopped, and looked at Tara with a bit of shock.

“What,” Tara said looking at them with an innocent but sassy half smile.

“Tara!” Buffy smiled quickly covering her little sisters ears. “Kid in the room here.”

“I am not a Kid!” Dawn quickly spoke. “Really Buffy, I’m 18. I do know all about these things. I do have a boyfriend you know. Hello, freshman in college. What do you think we do on our dates?”

“You play monopoly.” Buffy said fully aware she was lying to herself and everyone else. “I see lots of board games, and that is all I ever want to know and see. Got it?”

“Yes, right Monopoly,” Dawn laughed. “Got it loud and clear.”

“So back to the honeymoon,” Anya interrupted with her nosy tone. “Where exactly are you two going anyway? None of us know, and I have to say it’s very annoying.”

“Yes, I have to agree with that.” Buffy chimed in.

“Me too.” Dawn felt the need to agree.

“Well, actually we have told someone, but they took a vow of silence.” Tara confessed walking into the living room. “Willow and I wanted to be certain that NO Scooby tricks would be played on us.” Tara turned to focus on Buffy and Anya. “So the secret is locked away, and it will not be revealed. Got it!”

“Oh, we got it,” Buffy snickered. “But we will find out, and now when we do, you are so going to be sorry you didn’t spill.”

Tara reached forward to grab Buffy and squeezed her into a tight hug. “You can try,” Tara whispered, “but I am very certain that you won’t find us.”

“They’re going to do a spell,” Dawn yelled.

“Duh,” Anya spat loudly. “It is their honeymoon, of course they are going to do spells.”

Silence fell over the women, as they gasped. Then a roar of laughter filled the house so loudly that it could be heard outside.

“Not spellllls,” Dawn said as her face flushed from embarrassment. “I meant that they are going to do a masking spell, so that we can’t find them.”

“You two suck,” Buffy said a little grouchy as she realized that Willow and Tara had planned to be ambushed by the Scooby gang. “Sure the witches can hide and they know we can’t find them. That’s just not fair. You had no problems when we ambushed Xander and Anya though, did you?”

“You’re right Buffy,” Tara said happily. “But it is the only way that Willow and I are going to get any peace from the rest of you terrible tricksters.”

“Well you are certainly not getting a piece from me missy,” Anya said straightforwardly. “Only one getting a piece from me is Xander, and with the wedding and all he might actually get two.” Anya tilted her head and smiled at the excitement of having her Xander as often as she liked.

“OK,” Buffy interrupted. “Anyone else ready to change the subject.”

Tara and Dawn sharply raised their hands as a knock came to the front door.

“Hey Anya,” Buffy turned to look at her. “That’s how you should enter someone’s house, by knocking first.” Buffy laughed and walked over to answer the door. Giles was standing in front of the door brushing off his jacket.

“Hello ladies.” Giles entered with a smile. “Are we ready to go to the church? I have the car out front.” I’m 5 minutes early, I knew I should be if I wanted to keep the brutal schedule Willow made out for me.” Giles thrust the four page single spaced itinerary in their faces.

They jumped back in mock shock shaking their heads. In laughter they all fumbled for their copies surprised when Tara didn’t present one.

“What?” Tara looked at them questioning.

“Where is your catalogue of tasks?” Dawn questioned shocked that Tara had lost hers.

“Oh, mine.” Tara smiled brazenly pulling a small piece of paper from her robe pocket. “This,” she stated simply.

“That” Dawn said in shock. “That is your Itinerary? You are getting married today, aren’t you?”

“Yes sweetie,” Tara replied with a smile. “Would you like me to share it with you?” The room was filled with heads nodding yes. Tara read the letter as everyone crowded around her.

My Love,

Your only responsibility today is to be blissfully happy, and to be on time of course. I have planned for everything. I have surrounded you with people who will take very good care of you until it is my turn. When it is mine I vow to do it eternally.

You are the love of my life.

Your Willow

“That was beautiful,” Dawn smiled with tears in her eyes. “Wow, the two of you are so lucky.”

“Yes, I have to agree with my little sister here.” Buffy said as she wrapped her arm around Dawn. “You are really great together.”

“That just sucks.” Anya blurted out with disgust. The rest of the room got wide-eyed in shock. “When Xander and I finally tied the knot, I worked my ass off. I guess we know who wears the pants in this relationship.”

Tara just looked at Anya with a disapproving raised eyebrow.

“Well if the truth be told,” Dawn interjected. “Actually neither of them wear pants very much, didn’t you ever notice that.” Dawn laughed at her joke that everyone but Anya thought was funny.

“Ha, ha, ha,” Anya said unamused. “Yes let’s all make fun of the ex-ex-ex-vengeance demon.” “Lets laugh at her, ha, ha, ha.

Giles loudly cleared his throat, “Ah hmm. Well then ladies I believe we have a schedule to keep.”

“Well some of us do,” Anya spouted once more in disgust. “Others get to trot off in la-la land all day.”

Everyone just grinned at Anya as they walked out the front door. Anya grabbed the doorknob giving it an extra slam to make a final point.

“The car,” Anya spun to look at Giles completely green with envy. “That’s a limousine, it is so much more than a car. Did you know she was sending you a limo?” Anya turned to Tara.

“No, actually she just said that she would send someone to pick us all up,” Tara looked at all of them. The day is just getting better and better Tara thought in her head. She smiled and climbed in followed by the rest of the wedding party.

“Well you know,” Buffy chimed in, “now that Willow is writing software for that security group she can afford these little luxuries. Anyway if you hadn’t been in such a rush to get Xander to say the ‘I do’s’ you might have been pampered a bit.”

“Well if Xander wasn’t such a chicken shit, we would have gotten it right the first time.” Anya blurted out her frustration sending the entire group into fits of laughter. “What? Why are you laughing I am totally serious.”

They just shook their heads and changed the subject.

“So Anya, did you call and make sure the dresses were delivered to the cultural center this morning?” Buffy asked.

“Of course I did,” Anya pulled out her itinerary shoving it in Buffy’s face. “See it’s number one hundred and thirty six. If it’s on here, I did it. Wouldn’t want to bring down the wrath of Willow the Bride-groom-bride.” Anya spoke in a softer tone. “Or is it Groom-bride-groom. I don’t get all this lesbian mumbo jumbo.”

Tara just looked at Anya with a pleased smile, knowing how entertained Willow would be for causing such frustration to their friend. The rest of the drive was short and uneventful as they pulled up to the front of the building. Buffy climbed out looking around for Willow and Xander.

“Buffy, don’t worry according to the itinerary they won’t be here for forty-seven minutes.” Giles softly spoke from the car. “So we should be fine.”

“Right,” Buffy replied. “If it’s in the itinerary, it’s good as gold. I got that, lets get inside then.”

They entered the front of the cultural center. It was a beautiful brick building that at one time had been a church. It was renovated to house an organization of men and women united to celebrate ethnic, gender and cultural diversity. Tara and Willow loved the place. It's where Tara had worked since graduation, and where Willow volunteered most of her Saturday mornings.

“Which room do we use?” Anya yelled.

“My itinerary says # 115.” Buffy spoke with a whisper.

“It’s not a church or a library Buffy,” Tara leaned over to Buffy. “You don’t have to whisper. Anyway, I’m sure only a handful of people are here right now.”

“Oh sorry,” Buffy straightened up. “Habit I guess. I just saw all the religious symbols and stuff on the walls, made me go into quiet mode. What’s all of that there for?”

“Well every time we introduce a new person or family to the center, we ask them to bring a symbol of who they are emotionally or spiritually.” Tara explained. As the group walked down the hall Dawn noticed all the different representations on the wall. They walked passed the office doors, and Dawn stopped in front of Tara’s.

“Did you see this?” Dawn asked looking at Tara.

“No what sweetie?” Tara replied.

“The plaque on the door.” Dawn smiled as she read it, “Tara MaClay-Rosenberg.”

“Where,” Tara smiled stepping forward to look. “Wow, Willow must have snuck in here and put that up this morning.” A tear came to Tara’s eyes.

“She really thinks of everything,” Dawn looked at them with dreamy eyes.

In the background Anya was flipping through her itinerary. She stepped forward to look at all the other packets everyone was holding, smirking at Tara as she passes. “Nope, I don’t see it on any itinerary here,” Anya spouted out. “So it was either Xander or your betrothed. Hey, that’s Xander’s craftsmanship there.”

“MaClay-Rosenberg?” Anya read it sarcastically. “I guess the pants question as been answered.”

“The what now?” Buffy answered.

“Well when you hyphenate,” Anya answered,” The man’s name comes last. So Willow wears the pants I guess? HUH,” Anya crossed her arms triumphantly.

“If truth be told,” Tara confessed. “It’s numerical and alphabetical.”

“OK, it would have to be if Will is involved,” Buffy gave a mocking laugh.

“No really, we had a hard time deciding how to order our last names.” Tara explained. “I wanted Willow’s first for me, and mine first for her. She wanted it the same for both of us. After hours of conversation, we finally decided to solve it scientifically. This is the result.”

“How is it scientific?” Dawn questioned the logic.

“Simple sweetie,” Tara explained. “Numerically I have fewer letters, and alphabetically I come first. Simple science.”

“Sounds more like Willow logic to me,” Anya added sarcastically. “Pants,” she said referring to their earlier conversation.

The crowd just smiled, shook their heads and moved on toward room 115. As they walked through the doors all the dresses were hanging across a rack. Everything was pressed and wrinkle free. Tara had a full length white dress very simple yet elegant. On the table in the room was a very large box. Tara smiled as she approached it, she could smell the sweet scent of roses. On top of the box there was an envelope the name Tara written simply on the front. Tara immediately recognized Willow’s handwriting.

Tara walked over to the couch and sat down to read it.

My Darling,

Everything that we have dreamed and planned for today will come to spectacular display in a short time. I have dreamed of you always. You are my everything and you will always be. I will see you very soon and we will be together. I love you.

Your Willow

Tara slipped the note into her pocket, as a tear of happiness slipped down her cheek. “I love you too,” Tara whispered quietly knowing the words would find their way to her beloved.

TBC

Urn
_________________**
WILLOW: That's a work ethic! Buffy, you're developing a work ethic.

BUFFY: Oh, no. Do they make an ointment for that

"you can not have more fan fic, you have a fan fic problem"

Edited by: xita  at: 10/27/02 1:28:51 pm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:47 pm 
Wonderfully sweet. I love Willow's first letter to Tara about her only responsibliity for the day.

--
"Omnia mutantur, nihil interit. "   "Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:29 pm 
Great start, just a little thing, not big at all but her last name is spelled Rosenberg. Otherwise amazing fic.

Tara nodded in agreement "She has magic fingers." Then, as though the words had just echoed back to her and sounded not at all right, she perked up and glanced around at the others. "On the keyboard."

TheWisdom of War, Chris Golden

'My heart is cleverer then I and it knows what to do.'-MC Legends of the Kiss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:15 pm 
Awwww, I know that has been said allready but awwwww. I got all chokey when Tara was reading the notes and stuff. *sigh* how sweet. Your characterisation of Anya is fantastic and hilarious!! And how Willow-ish to make sure that everything was set out perfectly :D

Well looking forward to more...I'll have to bring tissue's next time.

:peace Aly xxxx

You all didnt happen to do a bunch of drugs did ya?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:19 am 
I really liked this...and I liked how I could really feel Willow's presence through the notes and Tara's love even though she wasn't actually in the scene. I always love seeing W/T's love through the eyes of other characters, too, and you do that well here. Thanks!

I'm also thinking that on Dawn's dates, she might play the Buffy Board Game. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:38 am 
OK, apparently I've turned into some huge sappy mushball now because I just found this so damn sweet. Thanks, I think maybe I needed a little angst free goodness this weekend. :)

Autumn

-----------

Buffy Season 6: It grated, like something forced in where it doesn't belong.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:08 am 
Awwwww, Urn that was an awesome start - I can't wait to read the next part.

I love how you have captured Willow and Tara's love perfectly and well you have a keen knack for Anya in this too. She cracks me up!!

I can't wait for more...ok, breaktime is over - I promised an updated tomorrow and well - better get it finished and ready. ;)

A dream is a wish the heart makes.

Willow: "You had two eggs, sunny-side-up. I remember because they were wiggling at me like little boobs."

Tara: "Sassy Eggs."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:54 am 
Wonderful start. You got the dialogue spot on. Anya was hilarious. It wouldn't surprise me if everybody's itineries weren't highlighted with a series of different coloured pens.

------------------------------

Buffy: I'd like to find Willow and Xander
Joyce: Will you be slaying?
Buffy: Only if they give me lip

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:18 am 
Looks like Willow really knows how to take care of her girl!! The notes made me cry (good thing I bought tissues today) and I loved the plaque on the door. Sometimes it's just the little things people do that makes you feel special :)

"I want my room to be Willow-friendly" Tara-New Moon Rising

"She's my everything"
Willow-Tough Love

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 6:34 am 
Quote:
“Buffy, don’t worry according to the itinerary they won’t be here for forty-seven minutes.”

Urn, Willow's down-to-the-minute itinerary really got me laughing. I'm a professional musician, and I do a lot of weddings. I have had anal-retentive brides give me spiral-bound intineraries that nearly account for every second of the event. And, of course, nothing ever happens exactly as planned, even for the most organized bride. :wink

But when Willow does the itinerary thing, it's adorable. And so was this fic. Sweet and funny all at the same time. I look forward to more.

Xander: "Tara, nice axing." Tara: "My first."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 7:54 am 
Urn of Osiris: Great fic, I absolutely love the idea of a Willow and Tara wedding, just lovely. Like everybody else here, I think the Willow itinerary thing is very funny and very sweet too, she just wants everything to go perfectly, and with Willow it probably will. I can't wait to read more.

Lonewolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:28 pm 
I'm so glad you are enjoying the fic. I had such fun writing it. Yes Willow is extremely anal in her preparations. I wouldn't expect anything less.

MissQuirky - The little notes just kept the ladies close and makes for melty hearts. Sigh... OH yes and I really prefer Anya to the rest of the scoobs. My comic relief. So glad you like the fic. More is coming.

spazz07- Thanks I'm pretty sure Willow would want Tara to be swept away in the day. She has never been pampered. So what better way to compensate than to overcompensate. Yes well Tara needs to have a wink of fun too so I thought the earthshaking would have stopped them all with a bit of shock. Glad you like it.

darkmagicwillow - Thanks I just needed to write something that was sweet and good and as far from dark as possible. So sit back and enjoy their happiness. There is more to come.

wiccansIllusion - Thanks for the name correction. Whew jumped in and fixed that right away. Glad you liked the rest.

ally02 - Awwwww you got all chokey thats cool. I must have written those notes 20 times. Some were terribly corny others were just wrong. In the end I just went simple. I'm glad that worked for you. I like anya for her edgey humor. You'll get a bit more of her soon. Yes Willow is a bit extreme in her preparations but I'd expect nothing less on such an important day. Yes get tissues but only for happy tears. BTW I have a web page filled with wav files your sig is one of them. Happens to be a fav. Wav files

Tulipp - Glad you liked it. I had a great time writing it. I wanted you to feel their connection all the time. Glad that came across. I think W/T are a wonderful example of real love and I think all the scoobs would want to be close enough to breate the euphoria of it. Thanks so much for the compliment I just had so much fun creating this story. Dawn and the Buffy board game LOL that's very funny.

AutumnT -Huge sappy mushball. Cool join the club. I'm going for sweet and happy and blissful and no more friggen angst. How's it working so far? Keep reading cause it stays pretty close to Cavity goodness.

SlayerTazz - Lots of Awwwws. Makes me smile. W/T I totally understand that kind of love so why not just spread the happy. Anya just came spilling out. Could be I appreciate her sarcasm. :wink More to come later this morning. Glad you like it.

MadeinNZ - Anya is so much fun to watch and read I'm glad I could capture that. Never thought to do the itinerary multi colored. Damn that would have been perfect. Maybe the next fic :)

Thanks for reading.

kathy94 - I'm pretty sure Willow would go all 'one track mind' for the occasion. Take care of her everything. The notes and the plaque were just a way for Tara to feel connected and loved, plus Willow had a bit of sneaky going on. You'll se that very soon. So glad you had tissues. Hate for you to short out the system. Ahhyes the little things say so very much. I think Willow is screaming with the little things :wink Thanks for reading.

mscheckmate - Oh my honey did the down to the minute itinerary on our day and I just had to laugh when the priest held it up in front of the church and noted we were already 17 minutes behind schedule. :grin But Willow has it all under control so no worries. There will be no demon appearances here. So glad that you like it. More to come soon.

Lonewolf22 - I hope the wedding works out for everyone. I needed a happy fic. Yes Willow in charge of such an important event for them. Like a ticking timebomb of Anal retentiveness. Don't worry she won't explode.

Just one more note of thanks to all of you for reading this little fic. I just enjoy the W/T romance. I hope this brings smiles to all. I'll put the next chapter 'With every breath' up in a few hours.

Urn of Osiris
_________________**

Edited by: Urn of Osiris  at: 9/8/02 5:32:08 am

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:36 pm 

Archive: Copy, cut, paste I don’t care it’s all for pens anyway. No one in my house wants to read it.

Summary: This fic takes place about a year after Willow and Tara graduate. The entire gang is here from S6. Willow and Tara are getting ready for a very big event. MAJOR romance… zero ANGST

Author’s Note: Some of the events in this fic actually took place in my own life. Of course some did not. You can use your imagination and decide which are which. Enjoy

Copyright Disclaimer: Joss and Company owns all the characters. But they are alive and happy here. So screw ME. Not me, but you know ME.

Chapter 2 With every breath

Willow gasped and softly touched the center of her chest. Tara got the note Willow whispered in her head. She looked at the clock, and back at the pile of papers spread out on the table. “Right on schedule,” Willow said.

“Hey! What ya yammin on about over there?” Xander asked in amusement.

“Me, oh I just got a message from Tara.” Willow answered.

“What!” Xander was a bit thrown by her confession. “You aren’t supposed to see or talk to her before the wedding. Hey, where is she?” He was spinning around looking for her.

“Gosh Xander,” Willow laughed at him. “We didn’t talk, I just felt her love. I felt her swell with love and it stole my breath.”

“OK, I got the visuals there.” Xander covered his eyes even though there was nothing to see. “My mind went to naughty Wicca spell casting places.”

Willow looked in mock shock slapping Xander on the shoulder. “Xander Harris, get your dirty mind out of my very wonderful sex life. Anyway she got the letter that I left at the cultural center this morning. I also felt her happiness when she saw the plaque on the wall. She really liked that. Thanks for making that for her.”

“Hey, no problem,” Xander smirked proudly huffing his breath on his fingers and rubbing them across his chest. “I am the man, and I have the tools.”

“Yes, the tool man,” Willow mocked again. “Not unlike that guy that was always blowing himself up on that TV show.” She laughed loudly.

“Hey, I am so not like that guy,” Xander grouched. “I am a much manlier man.”

They both laughed and quickly changed the subject. Xander was putting on his tuxedo as Willow sat on the couch.

“So Xander, what do you think of the house?” Willow asked.

“Well for the 100th time, I love it.” Xander smiled at her.

“It’s just, you know, it’s our first house.” Willow stumbled with her words,” I know that Tara loves it, but I told her it had an accepted offer, it was my offer, but she doesn’t know that. And I wanted it to be wonderful, and she was so disappointed, and I know she loves it, but I wanted to get her a really great wedding gift, and I hope she isn’t mad that I did it behind her back. I don’t want her to be mad at me on our wedding night, cause, you know wedding night and all.” She winked. “Is it possible that I made the wrong decision cause, you know it is our first house.”

Xander grabbed Willow by the shoulders giving her a quick shake snapping her out of the full on babble. “I am pretty sure that every day this week, when we were working on this house, we discussed this. And every time we came to the same conclusion. This is a wonderful house. Tara picked it out, and she loves it. The only deception, and it is really small, is the accepted offer lie. It did have an accepted offer, yours.”

“OK, I know,” Willow confessed. “I just, it’s just that today is the day, and I want everything to be perfect.”

“I know,” Xander laughed pulling the twelve page single spaced double sided itinerary from his coat. “And I have the dead trees to prove it. Heck Will could you have spent any more time planning this wedding?”

“Actually I didn’t spend a lot really,” she grinned. “I developed this wedding planner program, all I had to do was insert events into the planner and it created all these schedules for everyone. I put in all the names and Viola, there you have it: The MaClay-Rosenberg wedding.”

“Yes, very impressive,” Xander said mocking her glory. “We are very impressed that you scheduled the hell mouth out of us.”

Willow giggled at his joke and replied, “You won’t be laughing at me anymore Mr. Harris. I should have you know that I sold the idea for that program just last week. I haven’t told Tara yet, but it turned out to be very lucrative. My brain made quite a little profit. Your wife is going to help us invest it.”

“Really,” Xander replied in shock. “You asked Anya for help?”

“Well yes,” Willow answered. “When it comes to money, Anya is the one to talk to.”

“I can’t argue there,” Xander snickered.

“So my dear best friend, I do believe it is time for us to leave.” Xander lifted her from the couch. He reached into his jacket pocket, pulled out an envelope and handed it to Willow.

“But first I am honor bound to deliver this to you.” He moved away grabbing his very thick itinerary, laughing as he forced it into his jacket pocket.

Willow took the letter from his hand. She recognized the writing and smiled at the thought of her beloved. She opened it and drifted in thought as she read it.

My Willow,

I know that every minute of this day has been filled with tasks and missions. I just wanted to remind you that no matter what, I love you with every breath that moves in and out of my body. Time isn’t important from this day forward, as long as we are together.

You are my always

Tara

Willow folded the letter and put it back into the envelope as tears fell from her eyes. She placed it on the fireplace mantle right next to her favorite picture of Tara. Willow kissed her hand and gently pressed it to the image of her beloved. “I’ll see you very soon, my love,” Willow quietly whispered.

“So, lets go get you all hitched,” Xander bellowed breaking the silence and the mood.

“Yes,” Willow giggled wearing a very large smile. “Is my dress at the center?” She asked knowing very well that she had seen it there that morning.

They walked out of the front door, stepped off the porch, and moved to get into the car. Just then Xander spun around and asked, ”Did you grab the rings?”

“Oh goddess,” Willow covered her mouth in shock. “I can’t believe I almost forgot.” She ran back into the house grabbing the box from the table. She bolted out the front door, and jumped from the porch landing onto the ground.

“Hey!” Xander squawked, “Settle down. If you break anything before the ceremony, I’ll get blamed for it.”

Willow just laughed at him and hopped into the car as they drove off to the cultural center, five minutes ahead of schedule.

“Hey what’s the big box in the back seat?” Willow asked.

“Nothing really,” Xander tried to cover its purpose, “Just a little project we’ve got to finish.”

“Oh,” Willow dropped the subject, “let’s get to the center, I can’t wait to see Tara.”

TBC

Urn of Osiris
_________________**

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:56 pm 
Really, a very good start!

This fic is very sweet. :)

And the small letters Willow is leaving for Tara behind to show she loves her are soo nice! And they are so well written. :) Made me all sighing. In a good kind of way of course ;)

Thanks, cant wait for the next part.

:peace -Viv-

--------------------------
Don't dream it, be it

Rocky Horror Picture Show

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 5:54 pm 
Yay! Its getting closer n closer to the wedding!! I can't wait! :)

I just Loved Tara's sweet lil note! I also liked Will's long babble on the big house present 4 Tara!! Too cute!!

I so wanna know wuts in that big box in the back seat!! We r gonna find out right?

Can't wait 4 more! :)

~Ashley~

Willow: We can come by between classes. Usually I use that time to copy over my class notes with a system of different colored pens. But it's been pointed out to me that that's, you know... insane.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 9:01 pm 
Just wanna say great start. Both parts made me go aww i want it to be me.. in a Anya sort of way!

please keep it comin, and i cant believe that nobody in your house wants to read it....crazy if you ask me.

Willow: Oh, um. Various sounds of hesitation.
Tara: She was just a friend.
Willow: Friends are nice.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 10:09 pm 
Great stuff once again Urn, its really sweet how Willow has a place for them and you wrote the Willow and Xander interaction so well. The wedding is getting close and i so can't wait :)

Cheers

Nath

Isn't it funny how you feel your most tired five minutes before you have to get up.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:30 am 
Urn, this is really a beautiful story. I'm so happy that our girls are getting married. I liked the little love notes they left for each other. It's all so lovely and they truly deserve to be happy.

She's my everything!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 3:11 am 
I'm really enjoying this - so sweet and happy. Tara's going to be floored by the house! Thanks and looking forward to the next update! :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 1:24 pm 
Thanks for reading everyone. Brush and floss 'cause Cavity worthy happiness is on the way. :grin

pacou - glad you like the sweetness. I was thinking on a day as important as that the ladies would need to feel connected while they were apart. Hench the love notes. But then I love getting them so why wouldn't they. Good sighing :grin I like that.

MissQuirky - Yes almost there. I had to get the babble in there and well a house is huge so naturally Willow would be insane after the fact. Ohh and the box. Yes it's contents will be revealed in the next update. :whistle Hope you enjoy.

umadamber - awwww and huh? Anya sort of way? I live with a house full of testosterone. I'm lucky enough to get my honey to watch the show. Reading fic is a whole other addiction. :wink

spazz07 - so glad that you are enjoying the fic. Yes the house is a huge decision for Willow. You'll get more detail there later. I'm glad you liked the X and W interaction. I have a hard time making him useful. Glad it worked. The wait is almost over. Hope it lives up to your expectations. Enjoy. :)

Tiggrscorpio - Thanks for the compliment. I wanted to write a sweet gentle love story. Who else would I choose :wink . Love notes are wonderful to get and I imagine that W/T would write them often. Yes only happiness here. Much happiness to come.

Scout - You're welcome thanks for reading. I had such a good time writing it. Tinlgy with happiness. :rollin Much more to come on the house. Lets just say it's all good.

I'll get the kiddies off to school and post chapter 3 'Countdown'.

Urn of Osiris
_________________**

Edited by: Urn of Osiris  at: 9/9/02 5:25:52 am

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 1:38 pm 
*whimper* You can't leave me here! I need my saccharine sweet Willow/Tara goodness!

Oh angst-free and really awesome. :) I'm jealous, I'm incapable of writing angst-free fic!

This whole idea of Willow organising everything to the last detail is so cute - I hope Tara has a few surprises of her own up her sleeve! :)

Indygo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:10 pm 
Anyway the earth shaking and the explosions, we’ll leave that for the honeymoon Love it when Tara tries the spicy talk!

Willow having the wedding planned to the second. Ah that's the Willow I know and love! And the task she allotted to Tara was so lovely.

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:15 pm 

Summary: This fic takes place about a year after Willow and Tara graduate. The entire gang is here from S6. Willow and Tara are getting ready for a very big event. MAJOR romance… zero ANGST J

Chapter 3 Countdown

“I’m heading out back,” Dawn stated to her sister. “According to my itinerary here I’m supposed to make sure the flowers are set up and everything’s ready.” “Buffy, it also says that I should remind you that you are supposed to help me.” Dawn giggled at the little smilie that Willow had inserted into this task. In fact Willow had inserted a lot of them into hers, it made her feel very special.

“Right, I’m ready to roll,” Buffy replied. “Just help me pull up the zipper here on my dress.” Buffy wriggled a bit trying to get it herself.

Dawn gave a quick pull on the zipper, and spun her sister to look directly at her. Buffy was wearing a beautiful ¾ length red velvet dress trimmed with white lace. “Wow Buffy, you look very beautiful. Hey, Tara.” Dawn yelled.

Tara looked up from pulling on her dress. “What sweetie?”

“You have great taste in clothes.” Dawn replied. Anya and Buffy just looked at each other trying to hide their obvious amusement in Dawn’s statement. “You actually made my sister look like a girl.”

Tara smiled brightly at Dawn and laughed along with Buffy and Anya. Buffy and Dawn left the room together to finish the last few tasks on their very large lists of things to do.

Tara and Anya were alone together now putting the finishing touches on Tara’s dress. Anya was remembering the day she and Xander actually got married and Tara was wondering if time could move faster because she wanted to see Willow. It had been less than twenty-four hours since they had seen each other, but it felt like months.

“So there you are.” Anya said with a smile. “You’re all set.” She patted and swiped the back of the dress. “Every button is buttoned, zipper zipped, ready to go. Any last questions you need me to answer before you take the long walk? You know I’ve done this before, twice actually.”

“Yes, I remember,” Tara replied with a grin. “I’m actually Ok. No questions. No worries.”

“Well OK, if you’re sure.” Anya responded with a straight face. “I am pretty sure that this is the point where the butterflies fill your gut and you pray that the groom isn’t running out the back door to hide from the eternally bonding lifelong commitment.”

Tara giggled a bit and looked at Anya. “I am 100% certain that Willow is here and everything is fine and we are going to be married without...” Tara was cut off quickly.

“Don’t say another word,” Anya said sharply. “This is Sunnydale, land of the hell mouth. Don’t tempt fate.”

“Right!” Tara nodded. “I’m ready to go, is it time? I’d really like to see Willow right now.”

“I can’t believe that Willow wanted us to leave Tara with Anya.” Buffy said looking at her little sister. “I mean who knows what she could be saying to her. She might scare the crap out of Tara.”

“Tara is fine,” Dawn reminded her sister. “Nothing is going to keep Willow and Tara apart, not even Anya.”

“I guess you are right Dawn,” Buffy replied as she pushed open the doors leading to the courtyard of the cultural center. “WOW,” Buffy said in awe.

“This looks beautiful,” Dawn spoke with wide eyes. “Willow has done a wonderful job out here.”

“Thanks,” Willow said with a broad grin. Buffy and Dawn turned to see Xander and Willow walking from the opposite exit door. “I had a lot of help.” Willow said waving her 35 page master copy of the itinerary. The four of them stood together each holding their own copy of differing size.

“And in a few minutes these will be history,” Xander laughed slapping his hand in the pile of paper. “I’m actually going to miss my weekly updates and additions. I’ve been hauling this around for so long I’m going to miss the extra pounds.”

They all looked at him and laughed.

“Well you know,” Willow replied, “I’m actually updating the software so the lists can be downloaded into a PDA. It just needs a bit of tweaking, I was busy, obviously, but after the honeymoon I’ll have time to finish.”

“Oh, so then no more tree sacrifices for the greater glory of wedded bliss?” Xander added with a sarcastic smile.

“Right,” Willow looked with a disapproving smirk. “And come on I didn’t use that much paper.”

“Who are you trying to fool,” Buffy looked directly at Willow. “Come on Will, you have been sliding these pages under our doors for months. I’m glad the day is finally here so I don’t slip and fall on my ass every time I come home from patrolling.”

The small group just laughed together until they realized the crowd was in place and they were a few minutes from start time.

“Well then don’t all of you look wonderful?” Giles said in a fatherly tone. “And Willow you are such a beautiful sight.”

Willow gave a quick side-to-side spin of her beautiful 3/4-length dress. It was bright white trimmed with red lace around the mid cut neck line. Giles slid in front of Buffy and Dawn hugging Willow tightly.

“Thank you Giles,” Willow replied as they separated. “I should get back inside, it’s just about time. You all have your schedules, so go get in your spots.” Willow turned and walked back into the building. Just as she entered Anya walked out the other door. Anya noticed the Scooby group and she walked over.

“So she all set?” Anya asked.

“Yep, she just went back inside,” Xander answered.

“So did you bring it Buffy?” Anya asked.

“Oh yes,” Buffy said with a gratified smile. “I have been waiting to do this for months.” Buffy moved around the side of the building waving the rest of the Scoobies over. They all stood in front of an ancient urn beautifully adorned with hand painted animal symbols. Giles pulled a match from his coat pocket, lighting the kindling in the bottom of the urn.

“I feel like we should chant or something,” Dawn chimed in. “It’s like the changing of the guards.” She giggled at her words. Buffy looked in confusion.

“Don’t even try to explain,” Giles told Dawn. “We don’t have the time.” They both just gave a smirk.

“I’ll give you a chant,” Anya spat in frustration. “I’m glad to be rid of this friggin wad.” With those words Anya tossed her itinerary into the flaming vessel followed quickly by Xander, Buffy, Dawn and Mr. Giles.

“Good Lord!” Giles stepped back quickly. “I do believe we may have to call the fire department.” They all looked at each other relief falling over them. Laughter consumed the group and they quickly moved away from the now smoldering urn.

“I’ll just move this over into the bushes,” Buffy said waving her hand to keep the smoke out of her eyes. “Maybe I’ll dump a bit of water over it too, just in case.”

Anya, Dawn and Buffy moved through the grass into the courtyard. The air was filled with the sweet aroma of red and white roses, mixed with hundreds of dripping vanilla scented candles. They walked up the cobblestone path to the red and white trellis intricately adorned with a combination of red and white velvet ribbon interlaced with red and white roses. It smelled like heaven, and the yard was filled with peace. Every detail for the day was in order every person took their position.

“You ready?” Xander peeked his head in the door looking at Willow.

“Oh, absolutely,” she energetically replied.

Xander closed the door and looked over at Giles giving the thumbs up. Giles opened his door, peeked his head in and gasped to catch his breath. “Tara, why you look like an angel. I’ve never seen you shine so brightly. I’d have to say you are actually glowing.”

Tara blushed bright red from the compliment and looked directly at Giles. “Thank you Mr. Giles, today I feel like I’m floating on air.”

“Then you are ready?” Giles asked.

“Oh, Yes!” she leapt toward the door.

“Well OK then I’ll signal to start the music,” Giles closed the door and turned to signal Buffy, who in turn signaled the musicians. The music began to play.

The soft sounds of a guitar began to strum as a piano joined in with the dulcet sounds of a flute. With that queue, Giles and Xander opened the doors and Willow and Tara were revealed to the crowd of friends. Xander and Giles each reached forward to take the hands of the ladies guiding each out their door. Simultaneously Willow and Tara turned to look at one another. Overwhelming smiles of love, passion and excitement moved across their faces as they stepped across the cobblestone path.

In the Courtyard a woman stepped forward and began to sing:

Let me say once more that I love you

One more time or just maybe two

That I love the way that you love me

And I want to know more or you

Tara and Willow walked toward each other. As the two paths met they joined hands. When the two women interlaced their fingers they were visibly strengthened. It was electric. Peace and Love guided them as they walked toward the center of the courtyard.

Let me say once more that I need you

One more time or just maybe two

That my life will always be richer

For the time I’ve spent here with you

Tell me that time can’t erase

The way that my heart sees your face

They proudly walked together. They noticed a few college friends and coworkers but remained focused on one another. Their hearts were racing and their souls were singing.

“You look so beautiful,” Willow whispered glancing at Tara.

“So do you,” Tara smiled sending her a quick kiss in the air.

You call my name

I look your way

It’s clear you trust each word I say

When life is long and problems come

You’ll always be my only one

Tell me that time won’t erase, this look of love.

I love you… I do I do I do…

Willow and Tara reached the center of the rose covered trellis. The music slowly faded. Tara took in a large breath of the sweet scented air. She looked into Willow’s eyes and without making a sound she mouthed the words, “I do.”

“I do too,” Willow silently returned the sentiment.

TBC

Urn of Osiris
_________________**

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:24 pm 
Good job! Looking forward to the next installment.

*“I’ll consider myself warned,” Tara replied. “Anyway the earth shaking and the explosions, we’ll leave that for the honeymoon.” Tara said with a sly grin.

The crowd in the room stopped, and looked at Tara with a bit of shock.

“What,” Tara said looking at them with an innocent but sassy half smile.*

-I laughed at this one. So like Tara to spit out a sassy line when they least expect it!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:28 pm 
The Scoobies having a ceremonial burning of the itinerary - that was funny.

Thanks so much for this story. Its really heart warming.

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:34 pm 
This was like the sweetest story I have ever read. Not sappy sweet, more like precious sweet.

The itinerary bit running through it is pretty funny. I loved how they burned 'em.

Can't wait til the next update.

--celia

---------------------------------

"That was just rude. Now I forget what I was saying."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 7:16 pm 
Firstly, excellent part once again.

umadamber - awwww and huh? Anya sort of way?

Well, in season 5 on Buffy's birthday Willow and Tara brought Buffy a dress and Anya said i wish it was mine...like you weren't all thinking the same and Giles says i most certaintly was not...i have one just like it at home. Cracks me up everytime :lol just ignore me i'm mad

Willow: Oh, um. Various sounds of hesitation.
Tara: She was just a friend.
Willow: Friends are nice.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 8:52 pm 
Awww so good!! I am really Lovin this story!! :)

Tara's choice in dresses, much better then Anya's choice on the show! I still don't know wut the hell she was thinkin w/ the green hidiously ugly things! But at least Tara has taste w/ hers!

I like how Willow made an itinerary for everything! She is always so organized! It was also cute! :)

Loved the song while they walked down the aisle, it fit nicely! :)

Can't wait 4 more! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next