The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fic: (AU) Dreams Reveal
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:05 am 
Title: Dreams Reveal

Author(s): Jessi ( undyinpassion@yahoo.com ) – Willowlvr & Holly ( hollynight03@yahoo.ca ) – Taras Shadow

Disclaimer: All characters belong to UPN, ME, Joss Whedon…plain and simple, not us.

Distribution: Email Jessi first, just to be polite and such. :)

Rating(s): PG – If it raises, we’ll let you know.

Pairings: W/T definitely! And X/A

Spoilers: Possible flashbacks, other then that, no.

Summary: This is an AU fic, taken place 100 years later... Year 2103. The "Scoobie" gang are faced with surprises and confusion along the way, trying to figure who they are, and where they came from...allowing a love between two witches ignite the loss of memories and new discoveries...

*NOTE 1* I, Taras Shadow, was originally just a ‘beta’ reader for Willowlvr, here. But we got chatting and things collided interestingly enough that she wanted both of our thoughts to go together. Now who am I to refuse an awesome story like this one?

*NOTE 2* Since this is taken place 100 years later, the gang is still the gang, just…different people. Almost like, Reincarnation, if you will. They all have the same characteristics and they are all very much the original gang. No worries.

*NOTE 3* Much Willow/Tara loving to be had as chapters go on. Some angst issues are taking place, as usual.

*NOTE 4* We’ll give Jessi the credit since it is her story to begin with. So applaud for thy Jessi!

And Finally…*NOTE 5* This fic was just started, so updates will most likely be spaced between every few days. We hope you enjoy!

Now…On With The Show…

Dreams Reveal

Chapter 1

~~

March 3, 2103

Willow tossed and turned in her sleep absently reaching across her bed searching for her love. Finding herself alone in bed she whimpered and suddenly sat up. She flipped on her bed side lamp and glanced at her clock. 12:01am.

Willow couldn't figure out why she'd been reaching for a beautiful woman sleeping next to her. She's always slept alone. Thinking about the dream she just awoke from, she realized that she felt lost and incomplete. She felt like a huge part of herself was missing, like her soul. Who was that beautiful blonde she was reaching for? And why did her heart beat quicken when she thought of her?

~~ ** ~~

Across town in the basement of his parents house, at exactly the same time, Willow’s best friend, Xander, was in a restless state of sleep. "No...Anya…Anya...please, NO, I love you so much..." He yelled and jerked himself awake. He got up feeling uneasy and grabbed his phone. He wanted to talk to someone and he just suddenly knew that Willow was awake too.

"Hello?" Willow answered quietly.

"Willow, it's Xander. I know it's late, but..."

"No, it's alright. I was awake," She said interrupting him. "Did you just dream something really strange, that seemed so real?" she asked him.

"How did you know that, Willow?" Xander asked.

"Well because I had a dream that seemed so real to me, the feelings and emotions seemed so real."

"Yeah that's how mine was too, it felt like I knew the person I was dreaming about, like I deeply knew her...but the pain was so intense, Willow," He told her as he cried on the other end of the phone. "My heart feels as if it's really breaking and the weird thing is I don't even know why I feel this bad." He said.

"I know, I feel like I'm missing this huge part of my soul, but in my dream I was whole...you know...complete!!" The redhead told him, agreeing with the deep emotions that were running through her.

They talked for a bit longer, about everything that was going on, with their dreams and with their feelings. After a while, finally feeling better enough to sleep, they decided to meet up later on, in the day.

~~ ** ~~

In LA, Buffy was yanked out of her dream by a scream. She jumped out of bed and ran down the hall to her sisters room. Where she found Dawn, who was sitting up with her back against the head board and her knees were drawn up to her chest. She was rocking back and forth mumbling over and over, "I don't belong here...I'm not real...I don't belong here...I don't belong here...I'm not real."

"Dawn, STOP!" Buffy yelled as she gave her little sister a slight shake. "What's wrong?" She asked her as she sat down beside Dawn on the bed.

Dawn stopped and looked at Buffy, "I'm not real." She told her in a hushed voice and burst into tears.

Buffy frowned and held Dawn, thinking about her own dream. All she could remember was someone saying. "Into each generation, a slayer is born. One girl in all the world, a chosen one." As she sat there holding her sister she began to wonder if she was to be the chosen one...

~~ ** ~~

Across the states, in New York, at precisely the same time, a young blonde was fighting her own dream. Tara, sweating and shaking, tossed restlessly in her sleep until she awoke. "Willow!...No...please Willow don't...promise me, love..." She called out into the darkness. She stared blankly out into the night wondering where that had come from.

She realized she felt a strong urge to go to Sunnydale, CA.

With that thought on her mind, Tara drifted off to sleep.

~~ ** ~~

In his apartment near UC Sunnydale, an older man was getting ready for the chosen one to arrive...

At 12:01am, Giles was contacted by the council and was told a new slayer, Buffy, had been called forth. And that she would not arrive alone. The council informed him that she'd be accompanied by her sister and several unknowing 'followers'. He was told to await their arrival, that they'd all arrive at the same time.

Giles asked many questions but was only given one instruction: He was to consult the watchers journals from many many years ago.

The older man sat down at his desk and began skimming through the late watchers journals. He knew he was looking for a similar case with a slayer and ‘followers’, but didn't know how far to go back. He leaned back in his chair and began cleaning his glasses when it suddenly hit him. He suddenly remembered hearing a story from elder Thomas when he was ten. There had been one slayer and her friends, not ‘followers’, that had become legends within the council.

If Giles remembered correctly, the watcher at the time was a great grandfather of his. Now, what year was that when his grandfather and his slayer made history in the council...?

~~ ** ~~

Hope you all liked the beginning.

*Jessi* and ~Holly~ :heart

Paulie: You think I'm a lesbian?

Mary: You're a girl in love with a girl, aren't you?

Paulie: No, I'm Paulie in love with Tori. And Tori is - she is in love with me, because she is mine and I am hers. And neither of us are lesbians. - Lost and Delirious -

Edited by: maudmac  at: 12/23/04 12:22 pm

Post subject: Re: Fic: (AU) Dreams Reveal
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:22 am 
:bigwave Jessi & Holly,

I love the start o this fic! :clap :bow I can't wait to see how this turns out. I do already have a question though. Will Faith show up in this? :whistle Update soon, please? :p ry :pray

bluewillowwitch :glasses :flower :fallen :peace

---------------------------------------------

"Fate keeps on happening."--Anita Loos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:56 am 
A very intersting start. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

Russ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:05 am 
Hey there Jessi and Holly:wave

Hey, u two started a great story.....:clap We read some dreams, Willow, Xander, Buffy, Dawn and Tara and well even Giles is in this story....ehm Anya too but she hasnt dreamed about Xander right now.....do we read about the others too?:wink Oh I hope so, because this is a really interesting storyline:blush

Hope to read an update really soon from both of you:pray

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

This is a duet, Amber! You need to sing!"- Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:39 am 
Oh.. cool start.

And a really great ides for a story. Can't wait to see, where you two will lead this..

Insanity

"Nobody messes with my girl!"Tara, Bargaining

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:46 am 
Interesting concept thus far..I can't wait to learn more about the significance of the dreams.

I'm also a bit of a sci-fi buff...so it will be cool to read this and see what changes have occured..new technologies, styles of dress, social customs, slang language....a hundred years into the future just leaves so much potential..and so much to the imagination!

I'm all excited:)

Great start:)

Cindi

"Accents are great! I especially love hearing the Canadian 'O'- ME

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:14 am 
Hey Jessi and Holly

This is great! Great idea. I can't wait to read more of this. :applause Is Dawn still the Key? And is Willow just as powerful a witch?

LB

Edited by: BytrSuite at: 7/19/03 11:22 am

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:20 pm 
Definitely an intriguing start. I look forward to seeing where you take this. I'm really starting to like AU fics.

~LadyB~

"I am just your ordinary...average, everyday, sane, psycho, super-Goddess." - Liz Phair, "Extraordinary"

Post subject: Fic: (AU) Dreams Reveal-Replies
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:15 pm 
Smitten Kittens, on behalf of Jessi, I am posting replies for you all who reading and left feedback, or both. :grin Now, understand, Jessi is painfully shy, but everything I put or say is overlooked by her first, since she really is the one to make this story happen. GO JESSI! :clap

bluewillowwitch: I'm glad you love the start of this fic. It still has to come a long way, but Jessi and I are working on it. As for Faith showing up? We have something up our sleeves... we'll update soon-ish and thank you for reading! :grin

Russ: Interesting start indeed! This is all Jessi's idea. She came up with it...I'm just...help-o gal! Thank you for reading! :D

Natti: A dream from most of them...yes you did read that. Anya and a dream...quite possibly. It would make sense huh? *makes a note* I, personally, can't wait to see what Jessi has in store for us. Though I do know, it really is an interesting story line, thus far. Update soon. Thanks for reading!

Insanity: Great story idea indeed. Thank you for reading and we hope you keep interested. :)

Cindi: Oh yes! Plenty left for the imagination... and as I told Jessi earlier- "I can barely handle computer technology, let alone 100 years worth of future technology" but we are going to figure this out together, Jessi and I, and hopefully the outcome will be Awesome! Which I'm sure it will. Thank you for reading! :flower

Still Waters T: Ouuu, we get to answer questions! Is Dawn still the Key? Yes, Dawn is...with other changes the will be revealed in the story... and is Willow just as powerful a witch? Willow is powerful yes...but so is Tara... changes may occur and again, the story will have that later on. *grins* Thank you for reading! :wave

LadyBrymstone: I've always loved AU fics. Obviously. :) We hope to keep you interested as well as the story progresses. And thanks for reading. :)

~~ ** ~~

THANK YOU!

~Holly~ :heart & *Jessi*

Paulie: No, I'm Paulie in love with Tori. And Tori is - she is in love with me, because she is mine and I am hers. And neither of us are lesbians. - Lost and Delirious -

Post subject: Re: Fic: (AU) Dreams Reveal-Replies
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:38 pm 
Now this is great. I'm loving it already!

Jessi shouldn't be shy at all cause she has some really great ideas. And having Holly as a beta (who couldn't just be beta:wink and keep her mind out of this which is a great plus) must be verry helpfull.

I'm sure the two of you are going to turn this nice beggining into great fic.

Loving it,

Vladimira

Seduce my mind and you can have my body... find my soul and I'm yours forever.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:55 am 
Lookin' good...Me wants to read more.

Read Emily and Lucy's FanFic.

vive,valeque.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:59 am 
this fic is really cool :clap

looking forward to reading more :grin

I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?
Oh, relax, Casper, I'm not here to interrupt your blissing. Too much makes you go blind, though, you know

Post subject: Fic: (AU) Dreams Reveal - Chapter 2
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:34 pm 
Vladimira!: Glad you’re loving it! As for me just beta-ing… yes, that was the original plan, but Jessi is shy. Really. So…here I am. We hope to turn this into a great fic. But it’s all up to Jessi. :grin Thanks!

Emily First: Well….glad you likes. Here is more and thank you for reading.

Grimaldi: Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoy…

Author(s): Jessi ( undyinpassion@yahoo.com ) – Willowlvr & Holly ( hollynight03@yahoo.ca ) – Taras Shadow

Disclaimer: All characters belong to UPN, ME, Joss Whedon…plain and simple, not us.

Summary: This is an AU fic, taken place 100 years later... Year 2103. The "Scoobie" gang are faced with surprises and confusion along the way, trying to figure who they are, and where they came from...allowing a love between two witches ignite loss of memories and new discoveries...

Chapter 2

~~

Spike paced back and forth in his crypt not happy with the turn of events. The dream didn't bother him, he was used to dreaming about the blonde slayer. But the fact that this time he was being called back, bothered him.

He'd been warned that if she succeeded that this would happen. Spike never thought she could really do it though. Not her...there was nothing special about her. She was just a human girl.

He left Sunnydale so many years ago to try and bury the memory of his love for the slayer. Now he's being drawn back to Sunnydale...to be a part of her life once again.

With that thought Spike grabbed his jacket and left his crypt hesitantly.

~~ ** ~~

Willow and Xander sat in the Espresso Pump, charging up on their daily ritual of pumping themselves with Mocha’s.

Flipping her red hair back over her shoulder, Willow watched her best friend. “Xander? About your dream last night…with Anya…was there any good parts?”

Xander looked up at Willow and let out a goofy grin. “I don’t remember it all really. Just the connection between us. She was beautiful Will, and everything about her seemed to just stand out…”

Willow nodded and drifted off to her own dream. Getting so deep in her thoughts, she never noticed the hand waving in front of her.

“Willow! Earth to Willllllow!” Xander snapped his fingers, finally gaining the redhead’s attention.

“Huh?” Green eyes focused on dark browns.

“I said, what about you?” Xander let out a knowing grin. “That good huh?”

Willow blushed and ducked her head a bit. “She was…a Goddess, Xan.” She sighed wistfully. "And she was right there, staring at me with those beautiful blue eyes, blue as in the bright sky. You know like, when the sun shines and…oh no, ocean blue, like that colour that the blue sky gives the ocean when the sun shines and it reflects like pretty crystals, this woman had eyes that sparkled and twinkled. Oh! Like little stars in the soft dark velvet sky…I wonder if her skin is soft and velvety like that? And if her lips so plush…how soft would they be? Like soft silky…”

“Whoa! Willow, I get it. Babble-mode much?” Xander shook his head and smiled softly. “As I said before…that good huh?” He watched as Willow took a deep breath, just like she does before launching into babble mode. “Never mind.” He cut her off.

Willow frowned and pouted. “But I wasn’t finished.”

“You’ll never finish at that rate.” Xander chuckled.

Willow crumpled up her napkin and threw it at her best friend. “You are so mean.” She giggled. Then she went a bit serious. “Can you come with me somewhere tonight?”

“Where?” Xander asked, concerned.

“I don’t…know.” Willow frowned in confusion. She wondered that herself. She knew where she had to be. But couldn’t figure out why. “I mean, I know. But I don’t know why…that’s why you have to come with me.”

Xander nodded his head. “I would love too. Must be body guard for cute best friend.”

Rolling her eyes, Willow looked into the direction she knew Xander and her would be following later that evening.

~~**~~

“Dawn! Do you have everything you need?” Buffy yelled from her bedroom.

The Summers Sisters were packing up for a long drive to Sunnydale California. Buffy had to check out her new college she would be attending as well as the high school for Dawn.

Packing only for a couple of days if not, more, Buffy zipped up her suitcases and threw them into the hall. She shrugged her shoulders and realised that Dawn hadn’t answered her question. “Dawn?”

“What?” Came a muffled sound from across the hall.

Buffy peered in and noticed her sister sitting on top of her suitcase trying to close it. “I thought I only seen this on TV.” She grinned.

“Funny.” Dawn remarked. “You said to pack light.”

“I did say that. But you can at least bring two suitcases.” The older sister grabbed a smaller suitcase from Dawn’s closet. “Okay, I want to leave here in about thirty minutes. Can you be ready by then?”

Dawn nodded and began to repack. “I don’t understand why we can’t just leave tomorrow. That’s when you have all your schedule planning anyway.”

“Because, I want to leave early…besides, it’ll be fun. We can have our sisterly bond time.” Buffy smiled.

“Right.” Dawn muttered.

~~ ** ~~

Tara lay awake in her bed with a lopsided grin on her face. Thoughts of the beautiful redhead from her dream the night before were flowing through her mind.

Tara giggled to herself.

Tara giggled to herself again.

With a huge smile on her face Tara got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to take that shower. Even in the shower she couldn't stop thinking about the beautiful redhead.

After she was showered and dressed, Tara sat down on her couch still thinking about that beautiful red head. She again began to feel the sudden urge to go to Sunnydale California.

Tara suddenly just knew where she had to be and when. She scattered around her small place and packed the things she felt she needed and threw them into a duffle bag. Taking one last look into her place, she grabbed her credit card and keys, and left...

~~**~~

The hover vehicles zoomed by on the other side of the freeway. Buffy pulled into the freeway, heading to Sunnydale. The vehicle was hovering above the ground and zoomed past slower ones. “I’m so glad we left early.”

“Why? Because the slowness of traffic due to the Sunday drivers?” Dawn smirked.

“That yes.” Buffy smiled and shifted the joy-like stick to the right, to turn into the next lane. “Imagine what it was like to drive over a century ago?”

“I know! All the rubber tires and those round steering wheels.” Dawn looked at the stick that moved and turned the car. “Though, that may have had it easier then us.”

“Yea, for us it depends on the weather and such. Damn solar cars. I’m going to have to find a better job and get us one of those jet cars.” Buffy cracked a wide grin. “Have it be metallic black.”

Dawn smirked at her sister. “Metallic blue too old?” She asked.

“Nah, just the black would go better with our outfits.” Buffy gestured to their leather clothing.

Dawn looked at her sister and frowned. “Buffy, I’m sorry about last night.”

“No, don’t be. We all have nightmares.” Buffy tried to comfort her.

“That’s the thing, it was real Buffy. It felt so real.” Dawn stressed, her voice trembling. “I felt like…I feel like I don’t belong. That I’m something I shouldn’t be.”

“Like what?” Buffy cast her sister a side glance, hovering onto a regular highway.

“I don’t know…but I have a feeling, we’ll find out soon enough.” Dawn sighed.

Buffy kept quiet as she inserted a tiny chip into the well defined speaker. Strong bass music filled the small hover car as they drove the rest of the way in silence and within their own thoughts.

~~ ** ~~

Giles was still sitting at his desk looking for the right watchers journal when Anya materialized beside him.

Giles screamed and fell out of his chair. "You scared the bloody hell out of me!!!!" He picked himself up off the floor. "Who are you? And where did you come from?" He asked hastily backing away from her.

"Oh, well I'm glad to see you too Giles!" Anya said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry...how do you know my name? Do I know you?" He asked a bit baffled.

"Good Goddess Giles! Don't you even follow your own instructions!!" She yelled then noticed the white paper in her hand, blushing a bit she looked at the older man. "Oh!...The note...my fault sorry. Here you go." She said handing him an envelope.

While he opened the envelope and pulled out the note, Anya went to his bookcase and pulled down a box.

Giles began to read the note that was addressed to him:

Dearest Rupert,

If you've received this letter then things have already been set in motion. Buffy has been called forth once again as the slayer. You must make sure to protect Tara, as she is an innocent. If this is actually taking place then she's done it. She's mastered the power of the Key. She's found a way to use her power and give us all a second chance.

Our lives were meant to have taken a different path, but we lost the innocent one...and in doing that, we doomed ourselves. But it seems the Key has achieved her goal and found a way to send us down the right path again. None of us will remember our former lives.

But we all must remember in order to protect Tara, as she is the innocent one. She is very important to our world and wasn't meant to die.

Now Rupert, open the box that Anya has and prepare for Buffy and the Scoobies to arrive.

Yours Truly, Your Past,

Rupert Giles

Giles took the box from Anya and opened it. He removed the books one by one, laying them out on his table. There were nine journals in all, each one had a name on it, and each one was sealed shut. He looked over at Anya questioningly.

"You had us each write a journal in 2002 and then seal it and give it back to you to be put away. You mentioned something about the future and needing these accounts of our lives to help us remember who we were and who we'll have to be again." She told him.

"So Anya, can you tell me a little about Buffy and the Scoobies?" Giles asked, cleaning his glasses.

For the next few hours Anya explained what she could about each person and what there role was in the group. Allowing him to process everything in where he needed too.

~~

TBC...

~Holly ~ :heart and *Jessi*

Post subject: Re: Fic: (AU) Dreams Reveal - Chapter 2
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:13 pm 
Well, this gets even more interesting. So Anya & Spike are still around, and, being immortal, remember, while the others have forgotten their past lives. Anya, at least, hasn't changed a bit.

It looks like Dawn is the Key to this story, and Tara knows how to turn it. I hope she can do so without harming Dawn-the-girl.

The journals should give Giles the briefing he needs to know each person. Nine in all? If Tara died before they were written, I can only think of seven who might have written journals. Ah well, a little mystery & suspense is good for a reader.

It should be interesting when they all get together and realise that their dreams are real.

Russ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:38 pm 
Hello Jessi and Holly :bigwave

How on earth did I miss this one?:confused :hmm

I just adore AU stories....very subtle..... :whistle ;)

This one is really intresting and I'd love to read some more (updares daily u said?:flirt )...and I'm sorry I just can't go without saying....
Quote:
...those round steering wheels.” Dawn looked at the stick that moved and turned the car..

LMAO......:rofl :rofl :lol :lol

Yes...I do have one track mind.....:smug :lol

Oh...about dreams...if Anya and Spike are the same people....or demons for that matter, why would they have dreams? I mean yeah...Spike had a dream because you need him to come back, Anya might have it for the same reason....but....well..I'm confused.....:confused

:peace :heart

M.

---------------------

"..I feel you, I taste you, I cannot forget, everytime it rains I get wet..." (c) Ace of Base

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:45 pm 
Wow - you guys are off to a wonderful start. I can hardly wait for them all to meet again!

Jessi :bigwave Thanks for sharing this with us :clap

-shuyaku

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:04 pm 
Wow Willows babbling marathon was hilarious:lol And it was just about Taras eyes....hehe i wonder how long she will talk about the rest of Taras body:grin

Tara the innocent one huh? Man this gets really interesting....hehe and i nearly forgot that this story happens 100 years later i just remembered as this part with those cars came:blush

Really good work Jessi and thx for helping her Holly:heart

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

This is a duet, Amber! You need to sing!"- Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:09 am 
loved the update :)

Willow babbling about Tara was cute. interesting that Spike and Anya are the same

I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?
Oh, relax, Casper, I'm not here to interrupt your blissing. Too much makes you go blind, though, you know

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:46 am 
Hey Jessi, Holly:

This is a really great story!:)

Quote:
And she was right there, staring at me with those beautiful blue eyes, blue as in the bright sky. You know like, when the sun shines and…oh no, ocean blue, like that colour that the blue sky gives the ocean when the sun shines and it reflects like pretty crystals, this woman had eyes that sparkled and twinkled. Oh! Like little stars in the soft dark velvet sky…

I loved that analogy and Willow whining about not being finished :heart too cute!

Thanks,

Yvonne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:49 am 
Hey U2!

This is getting more and more interesting.

I'm also curious who wrote the two left over journals.

Maybe someone has written one for Tara, I could imagine that there are even two for Tara. One written by Willow, a kind of personal journal and one from the others...

Update soon????? :pray

Insanity

"Nobody messes with my girl!"Tara, Bargaining

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:52 am 
Great story and now everyone is followinf their dreams.I wonder how much a change did the key make?

Tara: Assume Crash

Positions

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:21 pm 
I love it:bounce can't wait for more:rofl Buffy and Dawn in leather? Woohoo How are the rest of the gang dressing I wonder. I hope Willow is still the smart computer whiz that she was. :grin This is gonna be interesting.

LB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:18 pm 
Hey guys!!

Great start! I am very eager to read more about it!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:01 pm 
Once again, very intriguing...

I like the fact that Anya is still around...and that maybe she'll play a part in orienting the scoobies to who they are and what their purpose is.

The letter to Giles from Giles Past was a nice touch.

Can't wait for Willow and Tara to meet...yay!

~LadyB~

"I am just your ordinary...average, everyday, sane, psycho, super-Goddess." - Liz Phair, "Extraordinary"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:14 am 
:bigwave ,

Great update! :clap :bow :clap :bow I can't wit to :read more! I love the way that this fic is going and I can't wait to see where you take it. Update soon, please? :pray :pray

bluewillowwitch :glasses :flower :fallen :peace

---------------------------------------------

"Fate keeps on happening."--Anita Loos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:26 am 
Hi,

Wow, this is a really promising beginning. Love the way you introduce the scoobies and set up the story. Can't wait to see where you will take us and can't wait to go along!

You've got me hooked already!:)

- Diana

Edited by: 32flavors at: 7/26/03 5:25 am

Post subject: Fic: (AU) Dreams Reveal - Chapter 3
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:18 pm 
Hello Kittens. Thank you all for the lovely feedback. I know it's been a while since the last post, but you know me, busy busy. :grin Anyway, here is another part. Chapter 3. We hope you'll enjoy and yes, soon the pieces will fall into place. So no worries. Thanks again! Enjoy!

Summary: This is an AU fic, taken place 100 years later... Year 2103. The "Scoobie" gang are faced with surprises and confusion along the way, trying to figure who they are, and where they came from...allowing a love between two witches ignite loss of memories and new discoveries...

Chapter 3

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So you see, Glory needed Dawn to open the hell..." Anya trailed off as a knock came from Giles front door. Giles stood up and started towards the door, he turned towards Anya and looked as if he forgot how to answer a door.

"She's here," Anya said.

"Who?...The slayer?" Giles asked

"No..." Anya said as she pulled the door open.

Standing on the other side of the door, Tara looked down at her feet nervously. She heard talking coming from inside the apartment. Then suddenly the door was pulled open and she was being pulled into a tight embrace.

"Tara... I have missed you so much!" Anya said squeezing Tara tightly.

Tara shyly hugged Anya back.

"Hello Tara," Giles said interrupting her thoughts

Anya released Tara and stepped back so Giles could address her.

"I know this all seems confusing and yet familiar. I'm hoping when everyone else arrives, at least some of our questions will start to be answered." He said.

"E-everyone else?" Tara stuttered.

"Hey! She stutters just like the other Tara!" Anya pointed out, grinning from ear to ear. She was given a disapproving look from the Watcher. "Sheesh...I was just saying." She muttered.

"Do I k-know you?" Tara asked, looking around the apartment, then back at the two people looking back at her.

"Not yet, but you will. I will explain everything as the others arrive, in the meantime, make yourself at home." Giles smiled warmly and took the blondes bag. "The washroom is down that hall if you feel like freshening up or something."

"Thanks." Tara smiled shyly and took off towards the washroom.

"Well I think that went well." Anya beamed.

~~ ** ~~

Buffy parked the hovered vehicle almost perfectly into a parking spot. She switched the button to round down the car. “Okay, we are here.” She smiled and looked around.

Dawn looked around and frowned. “This place gives me the wiggins.”

“You’re just paranoid because it’s a new town.” Buffy shushed her little sister. “Come on, let’s go in here and grab something to eat.”

“Then find a place to stay?” Dawn raised an eyebrow, stepping out of the vehicle as it lay upon the ground, no longer hovering.

“Right.” Buffy looped her arm into Dawns as they walked into the Espresso Pump.

“I want a bagel.” Dawn smiled. “And a mocha, I’m going to go and find a seat.”

Buffy nodded and stood in line. She couldn’t help but feel the familiarity in this building, in the town. Like she dreamt of it. Shrugging, she placed in her order and turned around, her eyes gazing the few people that sat around.

“Ma’am.” The man at the counter brought Buffy out of her observations.

“Sorry.” Buffy smiled apologetically. She took her order and paid the man, making her way to her sister. “Two mocha’s and two bagels await to be launched into the Summers bellies.”

Dawn shook her head and tucked her long brunette hair behind her ears. She blew on her mocha before taking a sip. “So, now that we’re here, what are we going to do?”

“I don’t know. Find a cheap motel, shower, get acquainted with Sunnydale.” Buffy shrugged, taking a small bite from her bagel. “Oh, maybe we can make new friends.”

“Like…who? We know nobody and this town looks half empty anyway.” Dawn sarcastically laughed.

Buffy ignored her sister, and scanned the place once again. “Then we’ll get to know someone.” She mumbled. She spotted two people sitting at the far corner, talking and laughing. “There.”

“Buffy…wha?” Dawn found herself being tugged up from her seat, putting her mocha down before it spilled all over her.

“Hey!” Buffy smiled friendly as she approached the table with the couple.

“Hey…” The red head looked up at the blonde and the brunette.

Silenced had followed before either of the four said something. “Are you lost?” The male asked playfully, breaking the ice.

“No. We’re new in town, and you two looked like the only two who wouldn’t bite.” Buffy smiled. “We can leave, if you want.”

“No no, sit.”

“I’m Dawn, this crazy loon is my older sister, Buffy.” Dawn smiled and shook the offered hands.

“I’m not a crazy loon.” Buffy frowned.

“I’m Xander, and this is Willow.” Xander shot a glance at his best friend.

“So, we’re not interrupting a date?” Buffy asked as she pulled up a chair.

Willow and Xander both burst into laughter. “Date? Him?” Willow covered her mouth, trying to stifle her laughter.

“No, no date.” Xander said. “I’m straight.”

“I’m not.” Willow smiled shyly.

Dawn blinked and grinned. “So you go for other…women?”

“Do you two ever fight over women?” Buffy asked all excited.

Willow chuckled at the petite blonde’s excitement. “Once, there was this girl in our math class last year.”

“Oh yeah!” Xander smacked his head. “I totally forgot about her.”

“How could you forget?” Willow looked at her best friend. “She was this cheerleader, and she was very nice actually. Her name was Lena and she had one of the most prettiest smiles.”

“And good moves as well.” Xander beamed.

Dawn and Buffy exchanged amused looks, smiling.

“Anyway, she ended up moving during last summer, so needless to say, we both just lusted after her.” Xander shrugged.

“Aww, well, maybe you two will have another woman to fight over.” Buffy grinned.

“Or maybe, you two will find tow different people, fall in love and be happy.” Dawn suggested.

“I like that one better.” Willow agreed, smiling at the young teen. “So, you two are new here, huh?” She watched the sisters agree. “Where are you from?”

“Los Angeles.” Buffy answered. “I’ve come to check out UC Sunnydale.”

“You’re going there??” Willow asked, her eyes lighting up.

“Yea.” Buffy sat up straight, smiling knowing she wouldn’t be alone.

“Me too!” Willow grinned.

“See Dawnie, told you they were nice.” Buffy nudged her sister.

“Never said they weren’t.” Dawn smiled weakly back.

“Hey Wills, you wanted to head over to that place before it got to dark right?” Xander looked outside, seeing an overcast. “I know it’s still early, but it looks like it could storm.”

“Oh right.” Willow checked her pockets for change and placed it on the table. “We should catch up sometime.” She looked at Buffy and Dawn.

“You’re leaving?” Buffy asked.

“I have to check something out…but maybe if you give me your place you’re staying at, we can get together.” Willow reasoned.

“We have no place.” Dawn grumbled. “We don’t even know where a hotel is, where the schools are. Buffy just said, ‘pack yours bags…’”

“Oh, well then why don’t you come with us, it shouldn’t take long.” Xander offered, ignoring the odd look from his best friend.

“You…don’t mind?” Buffy questioned, standing up as well.

“Uh, no…we’ll show you the hotels and motels after we’re done there. Deal?” Willow smiled softly.

“Deal.” Dawn quickly accepted.

~~ ** ~~

Buffy and the other three climbed out of the hovered machine, upon arriving at their destination. The strange apartment.

“Awesome wheels.” Xander smiled, stretching.

“Xander, there are no wheels.” Willow raised an eyebrow at her best friend.

“Right…awesome hovers!” Xander beamed.

“I like him.” Dawn smiled, blushing a bit when he turned his head and grinned at her.

“Okay…” Willow rubbed her hands together and took a step forward. “Can you guys come with me?” She asked, turning around to face the others.

“Right behind you Wills.” Xander came up beside her as the Summers sisters walked behind.

“This place doesn’t look evil, what’s the big?” Dawn asked, looking around.

“The fact that it’s a strangers…”

“There you guys are!!” Anya came out of the apartment. She watched all four stop in their tracks and stare at her. “Yea, yea, I know… ‘who are you?’ that’s what you’re going to ask right?”

“Uh, yea…” Xander looked the woman in front of him up and down.

“I’m Anya.” The demon held out her hand. “I take pride in receiving lots of money and sex.” She beamed.

Xander swallowed and let go of her hand quickly. “I’m, uh, Xander.”

The rest of the gang exchanged names before Anya lead them into the apartment.

Willow scanned the room as she entered last. The small kitchen, the well organized bookshelves, reading glasses, old quilts on the couch, beautiful blonde sitting on the couch. Blinking, Willow looked at the blonde who occupied the couch more intently.

“Giles, Tara…these people are old friends. Something I’ll have to explain when more arrive.” Anya shrugged.

“I feel like I’m in a bloody cult or something.” Dawn muttered.

“Shh.” Buffy shushed her sister. “Don’t be rude. If you’re right and we put them down, they might have a our heads on a silver platter.”

Dawn made a face and sat down on a wooden chair.

Anya told everyone to get acquainted with each other and make bonds. Though, she knew they’d bond naturally. It was fate…destiny.

So everyone went around the room and exchanged names before breaking off into groups or pairs.

~~ ** ~~

Giles ordered pizza for the group gathered at his apartment and watched as all the new friends ate and chatted amongst themselves. They continued chatting for quite a while as if they were old friends.

Anya noticed that Tara was intently watching Willow from across the room. Every time Willow would glance at Tara and smile, Tara would shyly look away and allow her hair to cover her lopsided smile.

Willow got up from her seat beside Xander and wandered over to Tara. "Hi," She said smiling at her.

"H-Hi" Tara stuttered.

"How are you?" Willow asked softly.

"G-good." Tara smiled and ducked her head again before looking up. "And you?"

"Great!" Willow stuck out her tongue between her lips, her smile widened. "You have a beautiful smile."

"Oh..." Tara was lost looking at the strawberry coloured tongue peeking between those pink lips, she bit her bottom lip before ducking down, yet again. "T-thanks."

"Aww, see, now I can't see that beautiful smile." Willow softly spoke and sat down beside the blonde. She tentatively reached out and lifted Tara's chin with her finger. "There we go."

"I...uh..." Tara was at a loss of words. She instinctively moved closer at Willow's touch.

“Yup, beautiful as ever.” Willow grinned and her heart did flip flops as Tara let out her lopsided grin, flirtatiously.

Anya smiled as she watched her two friends chatting, she noticed that they inched closer and closer together as they talked. She smiled and took Willows vacated seat next to Xander.

Several hours after everyone had finished eating, Giles cleared his throat to get there attention. "We're waiting on two more people to arrive, before we can get started on finding an answer for why we are all here, and why we seem to know each other. I suggest that everyone gets some sleep and hopefully the others will be here in the morning." He said.

"Yeah... well um... where are we all going to sleep?" Xander asked. "Or should Wills and I just go home..."

"No, while you all came together and started chatting, I made some sleeping arrangements. I don't want us to take any chances of losing where we left off. I've set out sleeping bags and pillows for each of you. Willow and Tara, you two get the guest room." He told them. Having a sense of knowing they'd be more of the two who needed to...mend things?

Willow and Tara glanced at each other nervously. The rest of the gang glanced from one another to Willow and Tara and then to Giles.

"Hey that's not fair, why do they get the guest room?" Buffy asked, pouting slightly.

"Well I was told that the witches would need time alone, while we are all going through this remembering process." He told them, cleaning his glasses.

"Who told you that?" Dawn asked with a feeling that his statement was very true.

"Well to tell you the truth, I'm not entirely sure. I believe a dream is how I know."

"So they get the guest room because you had a dream?" Xander asked.

"No...I have a feeling he's correct in his assumption of there alone time." Dawn stated matter-of-factly.

"Oh! For crying out loud you guys! They're orgasm buddies, doesn't anyone remember anything?" Anya asked frustrated.

"I seem to recall your untimely out burst are something that you can't seem to control." Xander said, smirking slightly.

Anya grinned at him. "Well good somebody remembers something."

Willow and Tara both blushing brightly from Anya's statement, went to the guest room to get settled in for the night while the others began setting up their sleeping arrangements.

~~ ** ~~

Faith stumbled into her apartment sweaty and exhausted. She hadn't slept a wink in eight days. After kicking vampire and demon ass and then winding down at the Bronze she hasn't had much time for sleep. Her life has been this way from the day she moved to Sunnydale California two years ago. After her watcher was killed she took off on her own. Kicking her shoes off she flopped down on her bed.

Thinking about finding that special someone, Faith drifted off to sleep. Eighteen hours later she lay awake in bed staring at the ceiling.

Faith sat up trying to figure out why this dream had her so upset... Why her heart was in such agonizing pain?

Faith jumped out of bed, realization hitting her.

Faith showered, dressed, and then walked out her door. Heading for a meeting of importance that she was already a day late for. Locking her apartment door she turned briskly around and ran smack into a skinny blonde leather clad man. "What the fuck? Watch where you're going." Faith yelled glaring at him.

"Bloody hell bitch...you ran into me." Spike responded angrily.

"Spike...what are you doing back here?

"Faith? You remember me?" He asked

"Remember you... I've never seen you before in my life."

"Oh right then." He paused for a moment. "You've heard of me?" He asked, rather smugly and proud.

"You could say that. I heard that you went soft, that you're no trouble for a slayer anymore. You went and fell in love with one many years ago that wouldn't have you. She devastated you, so you left Sunnydale. Heard you fight for the other team now, since you're soft on humans and all."

Spike put on his vamp face and bared his teeth at Faith. "I'm not soft!" He growled

"Right and what do you think you're going to do about it with that chip in your head? I'm not a demon or a vampire, I'm human, softy"

Spike gave in. "Bloody hell woman, I don't have time for this, I'm late already. And for your information, pet...I no longer have the chip, I have a soul."

Faith stared at the man for a moment before frowned. "Yea, whatever. I'm late as well." She said, brushing past him.

"You wouldn't happen to be going to a Mr. Giles would you?" He asked her walking up beside her.

"How did you know that? How do you know Giles, Spike? You're definitely not a student of his." She stated, firmly.

"No no, Giles and I are old pals...very very old pals" He said laughing. As they continued walking towards Giles' house, the two argued whether or not Spike had gone soft.

~~ ** ~~

More soon-ish. :)

~Holly~ :heart and *Jessi*

JACK: Oh, my God. I love TV. Buffy is my life. - I'm so into Willow being a lez.-Will & Grace

Edited by: Taras Shadow at: 8/2/03 12:19 pm

Post subject: Re: Fic: (AU) Dreams Reveal - Chapter 3
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:24 pm 
Hey, just caught this fic and surprise surprise I'm addicted!! I love the whole concept...just wonder how long it'll take the characters (two in particular) to get back to 'old habits' hehe!

Really looking forward to the rest of the story!

Sally x

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:42 pm 
Hello There:bigwave

I liked Anya's thoughts:) She seems different....more... mature:) (don't know if thats' the correct word to discribe her) Yet she's the same old anya " the orgasms buddies" :lol :lol

Keep it up!!!! I like it :grin

:peace :heart

M.

---------------------

"..I feel you, I taste you, I cannot forget, everytime it rains I get wet..." (c) Ace of Base

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:34 pm 
Really, really great stuff guys :clap :clap I love how everyone 'feels' the connection they have to these 'strangers' that seem oh so familiar.

And of course leave it to Faith and Spike to be late :spin

Great update!

-shuyaku