The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cupid's Chokehold
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:28 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Title: Cupid’s Chokehold
Author: Tara's Bright Eyes
Summary: Willow comes out to her parents and tells them about Tara
Disclaimer: BtVS doesn’t belong to me; it belongs to ME and Joss. The song belongs to Gym Class Heroes, been very slightly altered to fit my purposes
Notes: lyrics in italics
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take a look at my girlfriend
She's the only one i got
I’m Not much of a girlfriend
I never seem to get a lot

Willow was walking towards her childhood home. Her parent’s were there for the week and she had something important to tell them. When Willow reached the house she stopped at the door and pulled something out of her pocket, looked at the item longingly before replacing it in her pocket and knocking on the door.

The door swung open to reveal Willows mother Sheila standing at the threshold looking pleases to see her.

“Hello Willow dear!” she said before embracing Willow in a tight hug.

“Hi Mom” Willow responded

It's been some time since we last spoke
This is gonna sound like a bad joke
But momma i fell in love again
It's safe to say i have a new girlfriend

Willow entered the house and was ushered into the living room.

“Where’s Dad?” she asked as she took a seat on the couch.

“Oh he’s at the store, but he should be back in an hour or so” Sheila said with a tight smile on her face.

“Well, I guess I’ll just say this to you first.” Willow commented as she looked at her hands in her lap before continuing, “I know it’s been a while since we’ve talked and I just wanted to drop by and tell you I’m seeing someone now.”

“Oh Willow, that’s wonderful. Who is this young man? when can we meet him? Is he Jewish?” Sheila barraged her daughter with questions.

“That’s the thing Mom, he’s a she” And before Sheila could interrupt her, Willow continued, “You can meet her whenever”

And i know it sounds so old
But cupid got me in a chokehold
And I’m afraid i might give in
Towels on the mat my white flag is wavin'

There was an awkward lull in conversation before Willow decided she would have to take the initiative and continued the conversation.

“I know it sounds stupid, but it feels like I was struck by cupid, you know? And I don’t feel like there’s anything I can do but give in and love this incredible woman.”

I mean she even cooks me pancakes
And alka seltzer when my tummy aches
If that ain't love then i don't know what love is

Sheila had yet to comment so Willow kept searching for things to say to make her Mom understand.

“I mean she takes such good care of me. She makes the best pancakes ever and she takes care of me when I’m sick. Those aren’t the best examples, but if that’s not love what is?”

We even got a secret handshake
And she loves the music that my band makes
I know I’m young but if i had to choose her or the sun
I'd be one nocturnal son of a gun

Sheila began to shift in her seat but had remained silent, which was strange for such and opinionated woman like her. Willow continued.

“We have are own secret things too, like secret handshakes and she loves the everything I do, she loves me. I know I’m only 18, but if I had to choose between her and anything, heck if I had to choose between her and the sun, I’d be one nocturnal son of a gun”

She's the only one i got

Willow had heard someone pull up to the front of the house in a car since her last statement and after a few minutes Ira Rosenberg entered carrying a few bags of groceries. He turned towards the living room and saw Willow and Sheila sitting opposite one another, but didn’t register the slight awkwardness and tension.

“Willow! Hey sweetheart, it’s been a while how are you?” He asked still juggling the bags of groceries. Willow stood and took a couple of bags from him before answering.

“I’m doing great Dad” She smiled while declaring this.

“That’s good.” He said sitting the bags down on the coffee table in front of him.

“Willow has something she’d like to tell you Ira” Sheila spoke up for the first time since Willow had given her the speech, now it was Ira’s turn to hear it.

It's been awhile since we talked last and I’m tryin' hard not to talk fast
But dad I’m finally thinkin' i may have found the one
Type of girl that will make you way proud of me

Willow gave her mother a look, trying to gauge how she felt before speaking to her father.

“Well Dad, like you said it’s been a while since we spoke and a lot’s changed since the last time we did. Uh… speak that is. And .. um, I just thought you should know I think I found the one. And before you start in on any questions I just want you to know that the ‘one’ happens to be a she, but I think that she’s the type of girl that will make you real proud of me. I know if you give her a chance you’ll love her too.”

And i know you heard the last song about the one that didn't last
But i promise this is on a whole new plane
I can tell by the way she says my name

Ira deposited himself on the couch in the same spot that Willow had previously occupied. Willow continued.

“I know you know all about Oz and how that didn’t last, but I can promise you that this is completely different. This is on a whole new level of emotion. I mean I can tell she loves me just by the way she says my name.”

I love the way she calls my phone
She even got her very own ringtone
If that ain't love then i don't know what love is
It's gonna be a long drive home but i know as soon as i arrive home
And i open the door take off my coat and throw my bag on the floor
She'll be back in my arms into my arms once more for sure

“I mean Dad, I love everything about her. And I know she’ll always be there for me, even though I’m not worthy of her she’s gonna be there to love me”

She's the only one i got

She's got a smile that would make the most senile
Annoying old man bite his tongue
I'm not done
She's got eyes comparable to sunrise
And it doesn't stop there
Man i swear
She's got porcelain skin of course she's a ten
And now she's even got her own song
But movin' on
She's got the cutest laugh i ever heard
And we can be on the phone for three hours
Not sayin' one word
And i would still cherish every moment
And when i start to build my future she's the main component
Call it dumb call it luck call it love or whatever you call it but
Everywhere i go i keep her picture in my wallet like you

“She’s so wonderful, that I couldn’t help but fall in love. She’s got this quirky half smile and her eyes are the most amazing sky blue you could ever see. She’s got the cutest laugh, it makes me want to spend forever just making her smile. And it’s not just a physical thing, we talk all the time about everything. And sometimes we don’t talk, we just sit on the phone for hours not saying anything and those silent moments mean just as much as any other moments. And I know that when I start to build my future that she’s going to be a large part of that. Call it whatever you want, but everywhere I go I keep her picture with me, like you do Dad, you know with Mom’s picture.” Willow concluded her long rant/babble fest and pulled out the picture she had been looking at earlier of her girl and handed it to Ira. He tentatively took the photo and looked at it for a few moments before looking up at Sheila and giving her a gentle knowing smile and passing the picture along to her. Willow remained looking at her father when she heard her mother speak.

“So what’s her name?”

“Tara” Willow whispered with a full on million watt smile.

Post subject: Re: Cupid's Chokehold
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:10 pm 
3. Flaming O

Great start, I can't wait for Willow's parents to meet Tara.

Christina

Post subject: Re: Cupid's Chokehold
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:54 am 
5. Willowhand

:bigwave I really enjoyed it! Willow is very brave, it takes a lot of courage to do that. The song was very sweet as well. I can't wait for more! Hannah.