The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Tale (Updated: 02/13/08)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:56 pm 
3. Flaming O

Location: Somewhere in my head, but I haven't figured out where yet.
Title: The Tale

Author: Tru2urheart or Ariel

Feedback: I stand for 5 year olds everywhere when I say, "Please ,Please, Please," Lip quivers and the puppy dog face emerges.

Spoilers: Lots

Setting: AU. 7th Season remake.

Rating: It may get worse than pg-13, but if it does, I'll let you know.

Disclaimer: I don't have a lawyer and there is no profit invovled. Please don't sue.

Angst: 5 out of 10

Summary: The pairing are as follows: Willow/Tara (this one never changes, obviously), Xander/Anya, Buffy/Faith. None of the couples are together at first (There has been no W/T get together). This is set after 'Seeing Red' and the only red that was seen during this in that incedent was Buffy's and Warren's y nose. Warren is in jail and Buffy is fine. Tara didn't die. It starts somewhere during the summer between the seventh season and the sixth. Another thing, Be Patient. It will get to be Willow and Tara, but I need to get into the story for the first chapter. AU 7th season. Other characters will make appearances.
(Told in Willow's view at first.)
[hr]

This is the story of what True Love is or could be (on account of no one really knows unless you're helplessly in love). I'll recollect the memories of how my love and I, as well as the rest of the scoobies, went on an adventure and faced off our worst fears. How we all learned from things done and gone; how we learned to trust in ourselves, our hearts, our friends, and most of all, our love for our soulmates and our families. I know, it sounds like this is just another tale about romance and coming to an end where there is kisses and love and it's happily ever after, but it's not.

This tale has it's ups and downs, but it doesn't end with a kiss. It ends with a beginning. I may have been just a freckled, red haired geek who loves computers and books more than the mall, long ago, but I have grown, as we all do. I've learned lessons about bad and good, and I've seen things that many haven't. I've made my fit of mistakes, and I've done things that I wish I hadn't. If there was one thing that I knew, though, is that my family stood beside me.

The scoobies. A very different family indeed. My tale starts with my family. The people who had filled my life with memories of good and bad, who have always been there (some more than others), and who have made my life worth it. They went through every bit of this adventure with me and they never left my side, as I did not leave their's.

The Scoobies.

Willow Rosenberg: That's me. Yeah, I'm the story teller if you haven't guessed. I have emerald green (as everyeone calls it) eyes, and shoulder length, auburn hair. I stand about 5ft and 5in. I've been a practicing witch since my senior year of highschool. I've dated a musician named Daniel Ozbourne (Oz), and before then, I had a major crush on Xander. During college, I found the love of my all time life, Tara Maclay. Yes, I found out I was gay. I've been told that I help the group best with research and holding things together. When I want something or need something to get done, I get it done as quick as possible and I keep everybody's head on their shoulders. I'm a good friend as friends go, but yes, I've made my own little mistakes as well as huge, once in a blue moon, mistakes. I was addicted to magic for awhile and did some really stupid things including hurting everyone around me. Since then, I haven't really touched magic. So, there, that's me. (Takes deep breath)

Alexander Harris: Other known as Xander; my best friend since Kindergarden. I've known him most of my life. He's about 5 ft and 7in with soft brown eyes and dark brown hair. Xander is pretty much the heart of the group. Since we were little, he has always had a huge heart. He is a very loyal and caring friend. He has no mystical power, he's not a demon, but just an average man. Not! Alright, sure, yeah, he's a guy, but his powers are all in his big heart. Without him, the scoobies probably would have broken down. He fights to his best ability and keeps the rest of our spirits up through his light-hearted joking in the face of death. He is always there when someone needs to talk, and has a thing for demons. First, a she-mantis, an incan mummy princess, Cordelia (not proven to be a demon, but god, could she act like it), and finally coming to a halt on Anya, or Anyanka the vengence demon. As good as he is, Xander has made his own share of mistakes. He cheated on Cordelia (alright, my fault, but hey, I was teenager), and he left Anya standing at the Alter. Either way, we all envy him for his unforgetable strength.

Buffy Summers: Buffy moved to Sunnydale during our sophmore year. We became best of friends extremely fast. She has blonde hair, hazel eyes, and stands 5ft, 2in. She used to live in L.A where she hung out in the popular crowd until one day, everything changed. She had been chosen by The Powers That Be to be the Slayer. One girl, in all the world, who would fight vampires and demons, and... oh what's the use? That was Giles's favorite thing to recite. I might babble continually, but I don't sit here and worry about this. Anyway, stopping my babble festivities for a sec, she was chosen to become the Vampire Slayer. She got super strength and could kick demon butt. She fell in love with an ensouled vampire named Angel and that didn't work out so well. Since then, she has dated a military soldier named Riley which ended up bad as well. Then she had a fling for Spike the annoying, undangerous vamp, after coming back from the dead. Now, she just takes care of her duties and her sister Dawn. She hangs with us and is the physical strength of the group and keeps us up for when an apocalypse hits.

Tara Maclay: Oh, dear God. The blonde haired beauty. She has amazing sapphire eyes and stands about 5ft and 5 1/2 in. Yeah I know the 1/2 doesn't make sense, but when do I ever make sense when talking about my blue eyed goddess. Tara is the love of my life, and the most talented of witches. She has a golden heart for kindness to others, and never lets anyone walk away hurt if she can help it. I don't think I have ever seen anyone more kind or beautiful. Tara grew up learning the ways of wicca from her mother who she loved dearly. Her father was a jerk who made them believe they were demons most of their lives. Tara also has a brother named Donny, but is also a total jerk who treated his sister and mother poorly. Tara lost her mother at 17 and left home right at 18. I met her at Sunnydale college and I fell for her right away, literally. I hurt my ankle. Anyway, we were fast friends and then I quickly found my place and we became lovers. Tara has been in our family, and truly accepted by everyone, (except me who accepted her when I first laid eyes on her), after her family came to try to take her back and they realized why Tara had been so quiet.

Anya "Jenkins": Yes, the qoutes are there on purpose. Her last name isn't really Jenkins, but normal society thinks it is. Anya used to be a vengence demon. She's over eleven hundred years old. She has different color hair about every few months; in this story, it starts out as a brownish, blonde. Anyway, she came to our highschool to grant Cordelia a vengence wish against Xander for cheating on her and found that even in an alternate reality, the scoobies are unstoppable. Her pendant was broken and she became human. Xander took her to the prom and less than a year later she came back to him and they started dating. She is such a pain, still trying to learn our 'human' ways. Her and Xander stayed as a couple until wedding day when Xander's fears got the better of him. I didn't much like Anya, but she made Xander happy so I delt with her. After he left her, she became a vengence demon again, only to mess up a wish and be kicked out of the job again (her humanity got the better of her). Anya may be a sex drivin', money loving pest, but she tries really hard to fit in and doesn't give up too easily. She's got her knowledge of demons that helps also, but when we need a hand with combat, she isn't bad.

Faith: Like Anya, I don't know her real last name. In fact, I don't know any last name of hers. Faith first appeared to us in senior year of highschool. She had become the slayer after Kendra was killed and well, things fell apart after a few months. She had killed a man and then turned to evil. She tried to kill all of us. Buffy stabbed her, and end of Faith's story until a year later. She woke from acoma and tried again to ruin Buffy's life. Failing, she went to L.A. and finally turned herself in for her crimes. Jail fit her for awhile. Faith is a good slayer, and though she made some really bad choices, she at least tried to do what was right in the end. She's not my favorite person, but a good thing about her, is she tries really hard at her job. Another thing about her that I envy is she keeps her emotions at bay when she's fighting. She doesn't let her emotions rule her, but at the same time (of late), she doesn't hide from her emotions either. She used to, but I guess, things change. (shudders) Scary how change happens without notice until it's right in front of you.

Dawn Summers: Dawn is Buffy's younger sister. She has long, light brown hair, with blue - green eyes and stands about 5 ft and 4 in tall. She is almost 16 years old and hasn't really been here too long if you count the fact that she's only been a human for 2 years. Buffy and Dawn's mother Joyce died about a year and a half ago. Since then, they have been through troubled times and Dawn really craved to get Buffy's attention. She took up stealing for a little while and since being caught, she's spent a little more time with Buffy. Before she was human, she was a powerful energy called The Key, capable of opening any and all hell dimensions. After fighting a huge and horrid battle against the Hell God, Glorificus, (shudder with anger), she is no longer able to open any portal that we know of. Dawn has been there for the group, always trying to help. She tries to help research and when she can, (of late because Buffy just now let her start), she helps fight off the demons. She is like a younger sister to all but Giles, who takes her as a sort of daughter.

Rupert Giles: Other known as Giles, and the last and oldest member of the gang, he used to be Buffy's watcher, but soon became like a father figure to the rest of us. Giles has done his share of mistakes as well. He used to treat magic like I did when I was addicted, but somehow, he pulled out of it as well. He has brownish hair and stands about 5ft and 61/2 in, with gray-green eyes. Giles has stood by us in every battle until recently. He was there when Buffy first got here, and left after Buffy died the second time. He had made his way back to England. Giles gave the family his knowledge and his wiseness to help us through. He can kick butt when he has to and throw a few spells here and there, but mostly he's like the smartest guy we know. We all love him as a father.

So, that's the scooby gang. Six years of living on the mouth of hell, and we have stuck through it. We didn't know what would come next, but it definitely is a tale to remember. I guess, I'll tell you the story. My babbling is done, for now.
[hr]

Willow stares up at the stars, as she sits up on the roof of Angel's old Sunnydale home. She came here often now, just to watch the stars and think. There was a comfort in the place, and she now understood why Angel had stayed here. There was a good view of the town and it was a peaceful place to just think and be away. She came here after having a talk with Angel since Buffy hadn't been home. He had suggested this place for a quiet thinking place and it seemed to work. She stored a few blankets here, and slept here a few times on the old couch. She had a little food stored here for snacks, nothing that couldn't be called emergency food or whatever. A few drinks, like bottles of water and a soda or two were also here.

None of the scooby gang really knew where she was. They were all sorta out of each others life right now, and probably figured that she was at her parents' house. Buffy was always out on patrol or at work. Xander just buried himself in construction plans for the new school and stayed buried in his apartment. Dawn was at a friends house all the time. Anya stayed at her own apartment and only managed the Magic Box on its open days, and Tara, well, she stayed at the university most of the time, doing school work, or doing other things in her dorm room. She picked Dawn up for milk shakes every once in awhile.

Willow didn't want to think what Tara was up to these days, for her fear that Tara had found someone else grew as time past without much communication between them. The wedding had been an ok event and they seemed to have gotten along, but since then, there hadn't been much. Things just weren't working well. She took in a deep breath and sighed. Getting up, she packed in her blanket and headed inside with her box of Cheez- It's. Willow headed into the bathroom, and took a good look at herself in the mirror. Her hair had grown over the summer and now lay about 2 inches below her shoulders. After turning on the faucet, she placed her hands under the water, cupped it in her hands, and brought it up to splash into her face as though it would wash away the worries and the pain she had hidden in her heart. Green eyes then turned back to the door as she headed back to the sofa. She sat down and picked up a notebook.

The notebook had a dragon carved onto the front, holding a sapphire gem. The gem of course was fake. This had been her summer journal. It had been her company all summer. Every thought she could remember to write down, she had in it, and she was now going to write tonights entry. The fire blazed, warmingly in the fire place as she snuggled under a blanket and wrote the date.
[hr]
Okay, that was chapter one. Tell me what you think, and a reminder that it will get to Willow and Tara. Please leave feedback so I may know what's wrong with it. It seems that I'm starting to get better at this fic writing and it may be come out right this time. I've checked over it many times for spelling errors, but if I still have problems, then I'll hire a beta if someone wants to volunteer. Till next time.-- tru2urheart

Last edited by tru2urheart on Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 23 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Tale (New Fic)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:50 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Hi sweetie. Good start!

As always writing is a continuous path to perfection, so I'd like to talk about some things that I liked a lot and other aspects that didn't really "reach out" and grab me.

I liked the first couple paragraphs a lot...Willow's tone and voice kinda had that feeling of separation laced through it which made me think: "Hey, what's up with Willow? Why is she sounding so sad?" (And then I cried....but errr....that's a story for another time, shall I get back to the point?) I was thoroughly grabbed and pulled right into the story, in other words; you made me want more. :lol (whew! I knew there was a point in there somewhere :lol )

And then I came to the introductions....

Now, normally introductions would be a useful tool to help us (as readers) figure out just who in the frilly-heck these people are when things are so drastically different that it's conceivable we might have trouble figuring it out... but this, unfortunately, was not one of those cases...

As I read I soon discovered that these were the exact same characters that we know and love...with little or no deviance from their "cannon alter-egos" so the need for introduction was non-existent. We already know the ins and outs of these people; memorized their every move...studied their every breath (most of us on a molecular level :lol ) so the need to state each characters stats right down to their height/hair color isn't necessary.

I really think you have done an excellent job in describing Willow's feelings of being alone. Willow sitting alone in this "thinking spot" clutching a box of cheese-its and thinking about her "Scooby-family", is really a powerful visual. But I can't help wondering what the magic deal is all about. Did she ever try to quit using magic after what happened with Tara? Did the Crash with Dawn occur ? (maybe I just missed these details somewhere along the way....) Is she being shunned by the gang because of her magic addiction or because something worse happened?

I loved the image of the dragon carved into the notebook.

Please write more. :| You've got me very curious about what's to come.

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:22 am 
3. Flaming O

Ariel, first off this sounds like a wild take on AU season 7. Like taking the Rolling Stones "Satisfaction" and letting Jimmy Page and Robert Plant have a go at it. I'm stoked to see where you'll take us. But I do have a few questions. When giving the bio's of all the characters, is that part of Willow's thought process (because she is so logical, I wouldn't be suprised at her sorting everyone in her head) or is that the author *coughvoiceofgodcough* filling in the background? Anyway, keep up the good work and I'll keep an eye peeled for ya!

Toodles, take care.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:52 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey Great Start!!!! I hope you continue with this because i like it haha!! Anyway update soon pretty please??

xx peace xx

Post subject: The Tale
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:19 pm 
3. Flaming O

Feedback: I stand for 5 year olds everywhere when I say, "Please ,Please, Please," Lip quivers and the puppy dog face emerges.

Disclaimer: I don't have a lawyer and there is no profit invovled. Please don't sue.

Summary: The pairing are as follows: Willow/Tara (this one never changes, obviously), Xander/Anya, Buffy/Faith. None of the couples are together at first (There has been no W/T get together). This is set after 'Seeing Red' and the only red that was seen during this in that incedent was Buffy's and Warren's y nose. Warren is in jail and Buffy is fine. Tara didn't die. It starts somewhere during the summer between the seventh season and the sixth. Another thing, Be Patient. It will get to be Willow and Tara, but I need to get into the story for the first chapter. AU 7th season. Other characters will make appearances.
(Told in Willow's view at first.)
[hr]

Chapter Two
[hr]

Willow had just walked in the door of the home she'd known for a long time. She looked around, not expecting to see much, but when she entered the living room, she was surprised to see the whole gang there, minus Giles. She looked around the room with her brows knitted together in confusion. This hadn't happened in about a week in general and about two months in Buffy's living room. She started to turn around and walk upstairs when Buffy spoke," Hey, Will. Where've you been?"

Willow turned back around, still with confusion written all over her face. The whole gang stared at her waiting for a response. She tried hard to look away from Tara, not wanting to see things she didn't want to, etched into the beautiful face of her ex- lover. Willow finally decided to respond with something simple," Uh, you know, out and about. Just wandering around thinking about stuff. What's with the scooby meeting? Is there another big bad to research?"

Buffy just shook her head, still staring at Willow expectantly. This wasn't normal and Willow knew it. The gang hadn't met up for anything non- life threatening in forever. She didn't understand why everyone was here and staring at her like she was a mental patient and needed loving care to get better.

"We just want to make sure everything's cool, Willster," Xander spoke this time, with a little bit of a squeek to his voice," Dawnie here came home last night because her friend had to go to her uncle's and you weren't here. Buffy came home not long after that and discovered that you hadn't been home. They called me to go out looking for you, but I couldn't find ya."

Anya had been eyeing her suspiciously from the beginning and she didn't want to know what she was thinking. Dawn finally decided to fill in some more information," Yeah. In fact, you've been gone alot these past few months. You sometimes don't even come home at night. I checked your parents house and nothing came up."

This was different. She didn't think anyone would notice her absences, since everyone seemed tied up trying to forget last years events. Willow didn't know what to think. She didn't know whether to be happy that the gang was worried or to be angry for cornering her and asking these questions, obviously not trusting her.

" We just want to make sure nothing's going on, Will. I mean sure we haven't exactly had the summer of fun, but it doesn't mean we don't notice a dissapearance once in awhile," Buffy filled in.

" Oh, God forbid you guys actually say what you're thinking once in awhile," Anya seemed to have enough, and looked over to Willow," They all think that you've been sneaking off to Rack's having a jolly good time with your addiction to magics. Actually, wait, that's one of the thoughts. Tara here's probably thinking you're doing that or that you found someone else to have s with."

Willow looked over to the gang with anger, and then to Anya,"You finished," she asked with a ly calm.

Before anything could break out, Buffy jumped in,"Look, Willow. We're not accusing you of anything. We just want to make sure that you haven't been..."

"Been what, Buffy? Sneaking behind your back? Getting back into the magic habit? To hell you're not accusing me of anything! I can't belive you guys," Willow shot back with anger.

"Will, we just don't want a repeat of what happened before," Xander tried," It's just that we care."

Willow couldn't believe this," I'm not the only one gone a lot. You've all been disappearing, but of course, I have a place to get into trouble. No one else would go off and dissappear to get into trouble. Buffy wouldn't dissapear to go meet Spike, but I would go to get a high on magic."

Tara had been quiet all through this conversation. She d thinking that Willow would do this, but she had been dissappearing more than once that summer. She stared at Willow and saw the anger in her eyes, but something else was there. A secret. She could easliy tell, that even if Willow hadn't been getting high on magic, that something was going on, or maybe she had a secret place to go. Tara didn't want to think of the other option. Anya had been quite right and Tara no longer wanted to think of it, much less, admit it.

"That is not fair Willow," Buffy started, starting to yell just as much.

Dawn got up for Buffy's defence," Spike's not even here anymore. He's been missing all summer!"

Willow was done,"You know what? Forget it. If I can't get you guys to trust me now, how will I ever again? I'm done." She walked out the door and could no longer be seen.

"Well, that went wonderful," Xander stated blankly,"Why don't we try to make war with all demons? That should go a little smoother than trying to find out where your best friend is sneaking off to."

"Shut up, Xander!!" The whole group yelled. Even Tara didn't think a joke was needed right now.
[hr]

Willow started packing up the few things she had at her little Sunnydale getaway. She wasn't going to take it. They couldn't trust her anymore, and she knew it. It hurt more than ever and she couldn't do anything else. She had tried to show them she could still help, and she had tried to be part of the family again, but it just wasn't working. She couldn't stay here when she wasn't needed or trusted. Before she could pack anymore she backed up against the wall and finally let the tears flow.

She wasn't going to see Tara again, and she was leaving her home. She had never left her home for longer than a week and then the realization hit her square across the head. She was leaving her best friend from childhood, who had never let her down before. She was leaving her sister like friend, who she had known since highschool, which meant that she was also leaving her "little sister". She was also leaving her parents and most important, the love of her life. She was leaving Sunnydale, and didn't plan on coming back.

Willow didn't know where she was going to go, but she just couldn't stay here. So she took all the stuff she had and headed out. The one thing she didn't notice, is the dragon covered notebook, that lay on the couch. Her name carved into the hard plastic above the dragon.
[hr]

It had been two days since the fight they had with Willow. The gang sat around the table at the magic box, thinking about their friend. She hadn't called or written and she was no where to be found in Sunnydale. Tara got the courage to break the silence," Do you think she would go to Angel's? I mean, she knows both Cordelia and Angel there. She would have somewhere to stay."

"Only one way to find out," Buffy stated glumly. She got up and took the phone off the hook. She dialed his phone number. As it rang, she hoped that the answer to her question would be yes. This would mean they had somewhat of a chance to apologize to her best friend since highschool. They had been way out of line in asking the question and she knew it. She also knew that Willow had been right when bringing up Spike. Finally Angel answered the phone with a sleep covered voice," mmllo?"

"Angel? It's Buffy. Yeah. I was just looking for Willow. I wondered if she might be there with you," Buffy listened for a second," She left already. Yesterday, and you don't know where? Alright. Thanks anyway Angel."

Before she hung up, Angel yelled," Wait, Buffy!"

"What? Why do I need to check... Oh man. That's where she's been all summer? No, thanks Angel. We just made an idiot mistake that's all. No, it's alright. You can stay there. No need to come up. Ok, bye."

Buffy hung the phone. She looked down at the floor before kicking the wall and yelling, "Damn it!"

"Hey, no wrecking the shop! I have to keep this place in order or Giles will kill me," Anya said with an annoyed voice.

Xander just shook his head,"So what was that about? He's seen her?"

Buffy looked over to him with a tear in her eye. She finally decided to explain,"He had a conversation with Willow a few months back and told her that if she wanted a good thinking spot, to go to his old place. Apparently, Willow's been going there a lot. Not to go get a magic high. We wrongly accused her. He also said that she stopped by the night she left, and then left the next morning. He doesn't know where, but he said to check his old place for clues." She finished with a shaky voice. Was she ever going to see her best friend again?

Tara just stared at the floor. All this because they didn't check their facts. They had just assumed and probably left Willow feeling like she'd never be trusted again,"Well then lets go look."
[hr]

I know. Those darn cliff hangers, but hey, I thought it would be a nice touch to get everyone reved up for the next chapter. Bring on the feedback. I can take it. Tell me what you like and don't like. I won't try to harm you. Oh, wait a second (hides rope behind back) Ok. LOL. Just having fun with you. Seriously though, honesty is the best policy. Next chapter we will zero in on Tara, sorta like we did with the second part of the first chapter with Willow. Hope you like it. -- tru2urheart.[hr]

Post subject: Re: The Tale (updated 10/29/05)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:21 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Woo hoo I loved this update... so please please continue.. you cant let me wait that long so update soon please!!! :-D

xx peace xx

Erin

Post subject: Chapter Three
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:39 pm 
3. Flaming O

Summary: Ok, you guys have probably read the summary in the first two chapters, so there's no point in wastin space is there?
[hr]

Chapter Three
[hr]

Tara lay in her bed thinking about the fight the group had with Willow, and about all the the things she wished she could say to the beautiful, red haired woman that had saved her from all her worst fears. The person who had swept her off her feet when she thought that no one would ever care or try to care. She worried about Willow and wondered if she would ever see her again. She hugged her tinker bell pillow a little harder, Willow had gotten it for her second birthday spent with the scoobies, and the tears started to fall.

The gang had decided to wait until morning to go investigate the old mansion. It was dark outside, so Xander and Anya went to their own respective places, Dawn went home, and Buffy decided to go patrolling. The gang had made sure Buffy wouldn't go alone to the mansion. She promised and off they went. Tara had thought about going to the mansion alone as well, but decided against it. She could tomorrow, and they would get a hold of Willow; The gang would apologize and everything would be fine. Tara knew it wasn't like that. She knew that it never was that easy. All she could do was prey.

The tears came down, softly onto her cheek, and made their way down her chin, only to be stopped by a hand or to land on the small book that was placed under them. The book held memories from long ago that would never be forgotten. Pictures of the gang, of Buffy and Dawn, making funny faces at the camara and Joyce standing in the middle smiling at them with pride and joy that only a mother could have. One of Xander and Willow, Willow was looking at the camara after laughing at a joke of Xander's on Christmas eve, almost a year ago.

Another tear fell onto the the past as Tara continued to look through them. Her gaze finally fell upon her favorite picture. Willow and her were at the scooby picnic they had the summer after the initiative's defeat. They were celebrating their victory and their end of the first year of college. Willow had Tara by the waist and was lifting her off the ground a few inches, and Willow stared adoringly at Tara. The rest of the gang had been urging Buffy to take a picture of them, for she had the camara. Buffy wanted the perfect moment. She caught it.

Tara wished her mother were here to give her advice on what to do. Her mother had been so good at that. She would even have gone to Joyce if she could have, but both s weren't there to give her advice anymore. Joyce had been like a second mother to her, and her own mother had been the only person that kept Tara filled with hope and happiness before Willow. Tara reached over and turned out the light. She wouldn't sleep that night, but she had to try.
[hr]

The gang met in front of the mansion the next morning. Buffy and Dawn arrived first, and waited patiently for the others. Xander had picked up Tara, and Anya only lived about ten minutes worth of walk away. As soon as everyone arrived, they headed down inside and looked around the familiar entry room. Buffy closed her eyes to keep the memories from spilling out of her in a watery haze.

They decided to search each room by themselves. Buffy got the main bedroom and bathroom, while Dawn got the two other bedrooms, Anya got the kitchen, Xander got the storage room, and Tara was left with the living room. Tara looked around the unfamiliar territory. A grand fireplace, with a small sofa. There were curtains around the windows, black to be exact. They were probably hung for Angel when he was here.

She walked around the room surveying it, and realizing that it may just have been a peaceful place for someone to go if one needed such a thinking area. While scanning the area, something sparkling blue caught her eye. A sapphire color. She looked down at it and swiftly made her way to the couch.

A dragon carved into a small, black, plastic book was holding the shining fake gem. When Tara picked it up, she knew instantly that this is what would help them, if not tell them about what Willow had been thinking about all summer. Before Tara could invetigate further, Dawn came into the room, quickly followed by everyone else.

"You found something," Dawn asked hopefully. She stared at the book held in the blond's hands.

Tara looked down at the book, and nodded. The gang crowded around Tara rather quickly as she took a seat on the couch and opened the small black book. She flipped through it looking for the end and just getting to know the book, before going to the first page. There weren't only entries in the small journal, but small pictures of the gang and small drawings to the best of Willow's drawing ability.

Tara knew why Willow's pictures didn't look half bad, when she drew them. They had spent some time together with Tara teaching Willow how to draw. She also knew Willow's writing. It was filled with different colored pens. This seemed different. Almost depressing. It was just black ink, in Willow's handwriting, with small camara pictures, and uncolored drawings. This was definitely not going to be Tara's favorite reading. She looked onto the first page while the gang waited for her to start. She began to read.
[hr]

I know. It's short, and it has another cliff hanger, but I have a thing for cliff hangers, (looks around at all the staring eyes). Anyway, I will bring on the Journal writings next chapter, and have a little more Willow as well. Also, angst warning for the next chapter. I think it'll be a really angsty one, because obviously, no different colored pens= not a happy Willow. Please be patient, and please leave feedback. It makes me feel all tingly and stuff even if it's bad. Knowing that my story was important enough for feedback. Thanx and hope you like it- tru2urheart.

Post subject: Re: The Tale (updated 11/03/05)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:32 am 
2. Floating Rose

I love it keep it comming. very good writing. I look foreward to more updates.

Post subject: Re: The Tale (updated 11/03/05)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:08 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

MORE MORE MORE :-D I love it so far please continue soon!!

Erin

Post subject: Chapter Four
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:11 pm 
3. Flaming O

Summary: Ok, you guys have probably read the summary in the first two chapters, so there's no point in wastin space is there?
[hr]

Chapter Four
[hr]

The gang was gathered around Tara on the couch at Angel's old place. Tara was holding every single thought that Willow had had that summer and maybe even that year. She opened up the journal and began to read:

June 5th, 2002
Journal of Willow L. Rosenberg

Entry One:
Broken. Everything's broken. My heart, my head, my family. It's all broken. Pieces are scattered throughout my past and they can't be collected. Each tear shed is another piece lost. Why does everyone leave? Why do they dissappear from view? Things used to be so easy. I had my one friend, my parents stayed out of my life, and no one else seemed to want to notice me. I kept living my life until something more presented itself. I gathered another friend and I helped fight the monsters, less simple, but still easy enough. Things started changing so rapidly after that. I started feeling less alone, but I started losing my defense against problems. In the end, as my defense grew weaker, they started to leave. I don't understand. I helped them. I tried my best to help them when they needed it. They all made mistakes, but I tried to be there and I let my own feelings get tossed aside for them, but they still left. I don't understand. They all made big mistakes, and I was there, but I finally make one and all of a sudden their gone? How is that fair?

Tara finally noted the little blotches of ink on the paper were tears. Tears Willow had shed in writing these entries. She was about to drop her own on the pages, but she continued on.

June 12th, 2002
Journal of Willow L. Rosenberg

Entry Two:
I can't escape the pain. The pain just keeps coming. The pain of losing everything. I had it all to lose, and I lost it. I lost the love of my life; the other half to my heart. I would give everything to have her back; to have her trust, her heart, her love. If I could have only one thing in the world, I would want her. I had her love, and I gave it away with almost no chance of getting it back. I just wanted to be able to protect her, to be her defense against the world, and not let anything past, but I failed, and it's all gone. My family won't speak to me. They avoid me in fact. God, all I wanted was to be there. All last summer, all I did was watch. I watched the pain my family was in, the suffering they went through while Buffy was away. I let Dawn sleep in my place next to Tara and made sure nothing would hurt them. I didn't want to watch them go through that anymore, and the only way I knew how to stop it was magic. All I wanted was to stop their pain. That's all I wanted. How could all go wrong with such a small want?

Entry two had been a big blur, but just barely readable. Willow had shed a lot of tears, and they all knew it. After the last sentence, Tara threw the journal onto the couch, not being able to stand it anymore.

The tears started flowing. Even Xander had a tear in his eye for his best friend. What Willow had done, was wrong. They all knew it, but that didn't mean that what they had done was right either. They all sat back and watched her fall. No one had moved to help Willow when she needed it.

Tara just couldn't stop the tears, and didn't want to. She knew it wasn't all her fault, but she wasn't exactly either. She had to find Willow. She had to make this right.
[hr]

Willow had no idea where she was heading. All she knew was that she had to get away from California and Sunnydale. She knew she had no where to go after L.A. She didn't know what to do.

She stopped at a payphone, to call Angel, and see if he had any suggestions. Knowing that the gang had probably talked to him already, she was pretty scared of what he'd say. She rummaged around in her pocket for a quarter, but instead coming up with a weird looking coin. She read the inscription on it, wondering what it was, then realizing a minute too late what it was, she dissappeared.

"Well, it's been awhile, but I hoped you would call," a familiar voice rang through her ears. She turned around to face the oldest and most mastered vengence demon known.

"D'Hoffryn. Um, I didn't mean for this. I meant to call an old friend. I didn't mean to call you. So, uh, you could just send me back now, if you want of course, you know cause I don't want you to think I'm bossing you around or something. That would be bad and you would be anrgy and all..." Willow just babbled on fearfull of what would happen.

D'hoffryn listened for a moment before cutting in," Now, now. I know you didn't call me to become a vengence demon. Though, if you wish, the job is still open," he asked hopefully, knowing the answer. When she gave no sign that she was going to speak again, he decided to continue,"You have been brought here because it is pain that you feel. You have one wish."

"One wish?" Willow asked. Then she gulped.

"What do you wish for?"

[hr]

Ok. Probably didn't bring too many tears, but I hope it brought sniffles. That was the purpose. Anyway, Willow does make a wish, so tune in next update, and please, leave feedback. Hope you enjoy it.--tru2urheart

Post subject: Re: The Tale (updated 11/10/05)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:23 am 
10. Troll Hammer

DIBBS!

Ouch! reading through the journal was very painful... because i could just imagine willow's feeling of being betrayed by her own friends by keeping their distance when she needed them the most... at least now they realize the extent of her pain as well... though a little too late...

so, willow can make one wish... i wonder what wish she will make? change everything ala tabula rasa (like that turned out so well) or will she wish for the pain to go away (flashback to another willow spell gone wrong when willow was in such pain after being left by oz).

anyways... can't wait to find out what happens next...

more soon please!

Post subject: Re: The Tale (updated 11/10/05)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:50 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

OMG!!!! U better continue soon with a cliffhanger like that i dont know how much i can take!!! PLease update soon!

Erin

Post subject: Chapter Five
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:35 pm 
3. Flaming O

[hr]

Chapter Five
[hr]

"What do you wish for?"

The question sent a million thoughts into Willow's head, to add to the million that were already there. Possibilities that she never imagined, and she could have any one of them. She could wish that her addiction never happened, so that her and Tara were happy and living in happiness, or at least as much happiness the hellmouth could allow. She could wish that Buffy had never died, or that Tara had never gone insane. She could even wish herself a second chance to change all that had gone wrong.

Her thoughts seemed endless. Her possibilities were endless. Her happiness had a chance to be endless. Then she thought the thing she wanted to put out of her mind the most. Wouldn't be the same as making Tara forget? Wouldn't she be using the mystical to make it so her problems were gone?

D'hoffryn sensed that she was confused and at a loss of what to do, so he jumped in,"Remember, Miss. Rosenberg, that everything, even a vengence wish, has a consequence. The question to ask yourself is, are things so bad here or is there something worse that could happen?"

Willow took what he had said and laid it within her many thoughts. Was there something worse that could happen? Has she not lost everything she had already? No, she hadn't. They could all die, Tara could die. The another thought came to her and she looked D'hoffryn right in the eyes,"Is there a rule against a temporary wish?" She asked with all the seriousness she could muster.

D'hoffryn could tell she was serious, but also had heard the hint of sadness to her voice, that showed him that she wanted to see something, but didn't want it fully, in case of worse things," Of course." He said with emotion, and a heavy heart for the pain he saw in the emerald eyes, that no longer sparkled like he had seen before. He could sense it, she was no longer free. He thought about a metaphor he had heard a long time ago, not knowing what it had meant up until now. A lion at a zoo, holds no hunger for life in its eyes anymore, for its freedom and everything it should have had, had been taken away.

"Then, I wish, I could see, what it would have been like without me in Sunnydale all these years. To see if it would have made a difference," Willow looked at the ground, unsure of what was going to happen.

"Your wish is granted, but before I let you see, you will need guides," he stared into Willow's eyes for a long moment, until his lips bent into a small smile,"Ah, yes. They will do just fine." D'hoffryn nodded, and dissappeared. Willow had a minute to look around before everything went black around her.
[hr]

Flashes of the gang around Sunnydale:

Anya cleaning up the shop, before picking up an old scrapbook that Xander had put together of them last year with the whole gang. She opened it up and looked through the pictures, and started crying.

Dawn in her room, hugging her pillow and looking at some of her mom's old stuff. She comes across a few wiccan books that Willow had lent her so she could study the religion. Maybe some day do some spells with her and Tara. She hugged her pillow closer.

Buffy was walking around, fresh tears had been shed, but are not shown anymore. All we see are red lines, where the tears had once traveled. She looked up at the old highschool when a wave of memories flooded through her. How could things get so messed up in such a short time?

Xander is looking through his old school things, getting rid of things he didn't need. He came acorss an old picture of him and Willow when they were ten. He was running from Willow, because he had stolen Willow's favorite book from her and was playing keep away. He smiled and let out a small laugh, while a small tear rolled down his cheek.

Tara was sitting on her bed, staring at Willow's journal, lying closed in front of her on her bed. She couldn't get the nerve to read any more of it. Flashbacks of her and Willow walking and holding hands are all she could think about. She cried and grabbed the journal from its spot on her bed. She didn't plan on reading it. She just held it close to her heart, and cried herslef to sleep, hoping that Willow would return to her, and they could help each other through whatever was to come next.
[hr]

Willow awoke in the cemetary on the ground. She was in Sunnydale, she knew. She recognized the place. That's scary when you can recognize a town by its cemetary, she mused to herself. She looked around and something familiar caught her eye. A grave that she knew somewhat. It had been awhile since she had visited it. Jesse's grave was among some other's she knew. Jenny Calendar wasn't to far away, neither was Joyce Summers. She wondered what she was doing here, and then it all came back to her. Tara, the gang, the fight, everything, but why was she here; In the cemetary for that matter?

"Been awhile, Will, but it's nice to see you again."

Willow remembered that voice, but couldn't believe it. She looked up to see the goofy smile of her old friend Jesse. Jesses just looked down at her before helping her up with a lift of his hand. He seemed to glow in a way. She knew why. He came from heaven. That was the only explanation.

He smiled again,"How have you been?"
[hr]

Hope you guys like it. Yeah I know. Me and the cliffhangers. What can I say? Anyway, I know it's short, but I hope you like it, and I hope it gets a few more people to feedback. Thanks for all your feedback soo far. Enjoy. --tru2urheart.[hr]

Post subject: Re: The Tale (updated 11/19/05)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:08 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Please continue this wonderful story. I enjoy it immensly. You've got a great way of writing. I see the characters come alive. Keep it up.becca

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:55 am 
10. Troll Hammer

hiya ariel!

Quote:
Then, I wish, I could see, what it would have been like without me in Sunnydale all these years. To see if it would have made a difference," Willow looked at the ground, unsure of what was going to happen.

OMG! i understand willow's pain... she is just in that state where she thinks everyone's life will be better off without her, but i think their lives will be heavily impacted without her in their lives, especially tara! the brief flashes of the gang was truly heartbreaking to read especially knowing what willow wished for!

can't wait for more! this story is definitely something i look forward to.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:24 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great update! Please continue!
Erin

Post subject: Chapter Six
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:47 pm 
3. Flaming O

[hr]

Chapter Six

[hr]

Jesse smiled,"How have you been?"

"Oh, you know, I could be better," Willow looked at him and then looked down confused,"Ok, I've gone completely insane. He can't be here. He's gone. I'm talking to the wind." She kept muttering to herself while he stood there and snickered slightly.

"I'm not a hallucination. You remember that book we had to read in seventh grade, about that really greedy guy? He had three ghosts show him his life; Past, Present, Future,"Jesse asked knowing she would know.

Willow looked up at him again,"You're the ghost of christmas past from A Christmas Carol?"

"Something like that. You're not going to be shown your present or future really. You made a wish to see what it would have been like without you. So I'm going to guide you through the first two years that Buffy was here for, except you won't have existed.

"Then, Ms. Calendar will show you the last year of highschool without you, and the beginning of college. After those two, Joyce will finish off with the last two years before this wish. Now, you have to know, I'm not showing you any detail. This is just little pieces of how people would have been if you hadn't been there. Pretty much just an overview of the world without you, in a quick and effi.. efi.. Ok, you're the one whose good at vocab, so I just hope you get it," Jesse finished explaining.

"I think I've gone completely insane," Willow shook her head, before continuing," But lead on. I might as well see this. I probably helped society by being gone."

Jesse looked at her with sad eyes. Then he took her hand and they vanished.
[hr]

They appeared at a house that Willow had known well. It was the house of her childhood friend Alexander Harris. Jesse lead her to the door and instead of knocking, they just vanished through the door. Willow did a double take,"Right, because I can usually walk through solid surfaces. Jesse, what just happened?"

"Well, you don't exactly exist here, Will. So this means all laws of gravity, or whatever that subject was that our science teacher taught us, don't exist here," he pointed out as they went through the very unclean house.

"I think that was physics, Jesse," Willow looked at all the beer bottles everywhere,"Whoa, this place is worse than it was when I last saw it."

They walked through into the living area. It was a disaster. Broken glass everywhere, papers scattered, even little blotts fo from here to there. In the middle of it all, there stood a rough looking, 15 year old Xander and his father. They were facing off. Xander was holding a knife.
[hr]

The gang were all gathered at the magic box, trying to think of what to do next. They had no clue to where Willow would be. They didn't know anyone that the might have contact with outside of Sunnydale. Giles had said over the phone that he had not recieved any word from her.

Even Anya was going crazy. She was pacing and had been driving every customer out of the shop because of her rudeness. Xander finally suggested they close the shop today in case they might lose anymore customers. Anya just waved her hand 'whatever' style and sighed,"Why can't we find her with that stupid location spell?"

"I told you before, Anya. It can't seem to locate her," Tara said once again, starting to get annoyed. Anya had been a very close friend of hers, but she could still get on her nerves.

"Well, that could only mean one of two things right," Anya asked and continued without waiting for an answer," She either had a spell cast so that we couldn't find her, or she's..."

Buffy wouldn't let her finish," Don't even think that Anya. How can you even think that she's... Grrr!!"

Buffy threw up her arms.

"Ah, I see the slayer has finally gone off the deep end," A voice said behind them all.

"D'hoffryn!!! What are you doing here," Anya practically shouted.

D'hoffryn just looked at her and smiled," My dear Anyanka, do you not wish to see me?"

"Well, no, I just wanted to know what your doing here. We have a problem on our hands and we don't need any more problems to deal with at the moment. A friend of ours dissappeared off the face fo the earth and... Wait a minute," Anya looked up at him," You did this."

He just smiled and looked around the shop," I came to tell you all not to worry. Ms. Rosenberg is quite alright, if not a little lost at the moment, but what do we learn if we do not lose our way once in awhile hmm?"

"If you did something to her I swear I'll kill you," Everyone turned to Tara wide eyed except D'hoffryn, who smiled.

"Once again, she is fine Ms. Maclay. If you wish for an explanation as to why she's not on your location map, is becasue she visiting another world at the moment. Visiting some old friends of hers," He told them why picking up small things around the shop, studying them, and then putting them down in exchange for the next item.

Dawn finally spoke up,"Another world? What do you mean? Like the one where Buffy and I never came to Sunnydale?"

Buffy's eyes widened," Oh, you better explain before I kill you. That was a horrible turnout. Do you have any idea what we had to go through with that.? We had a nice visit from vampire Willow." She finished off sarcastically.

"Wait a minute? What are you guys talking about?" Tara asked looking confused.

"You mean Will hasn't told you that story," Xander asked. When she shook her head 'no' he laughed,"Probably avoided that story for certain reasons." His eyes glazed over with memory.

Anya still was trying to think,"Wait! You granted her a wish didn't you?"

"I might have," D'hoffryn said with faint laughter in his voice.

"What wish did you grant her D'hoffryn? No, wait, I don't care. Just undo the damn thing. You know as well as I do that grief makes you wish for things that you shouldn't," Anya was getting angry with her old boss.

"The wish is not yours to undo, Anyanka," D'hoffryn scoffed,"But, do know that you're worrying for nothing. She is quite smart. She asked for a temporary wish."

Tara stumbled through the chairs before coming in front of D'hoffryn,"What the hell did she wish for?" She had a very mean look in her eye.

D'hoffryn looked at her in surprise. Even he was starting to become fearful,"She is perfectly alright. If you must know though, her exact words were,'I wish, I could see, what it would have been like without me in Sunnydale all these years. To see if it would have made a difference'. That is all there was to it. I left her in very capable hands."

Tara looked down at the ground. God, how much pain she must be in to make such a wish, that she felt it would have been better off without her here, Tara thought to herself. Her eyes once again filled with pain.

"When you say 'capable hands', you mean what?" Buffy asked him.

"A few old friends of hers have been aloud to visit her and guide her through the years since you've been here, and all the changes that would have been if she wasn't there," He answered simply.

Xander stood up,"Who specifically?"

"Well, Your old friend Jesse; Your old teacher Ms. Calendar; and Buffy and Dawn's mother, Joyce," He once again answered their question with ease.

None of them answered. They just stared at him.

[hr]

Hope you like it. You all probably me and my obsessions with cliffhangers by now, but I must let you know, I do Not have a problem. I tell you I do not! (Looks around paranoid). Anyway, Hope you enjoy the update and next update will be Willow only, and of course the messed up lives of the Willowless scoobies.For those Faith fans out there, she will be making her appearance soon, but I'm not sure if it's next chapter or not. Thank you.--tru2urheart[hr]

Post subject: Re: The Tale (updated 11/24/05)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:00 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Excellant, keep the updates coming. your writing is wonderful.

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:40 pm 
3. Flaming O

Okay, I've been reading fanfic for awhile here, but I still need to learn a few things I guess. One of which would be feedback reply, so her goes first try. There will be an update after this so if you want to start reading.

First of all, we'll start at the top...

Miss Kittys Ball O Yarn---

Quote:
As I read I soon discovered that these were the exact same characters that we know and love... so the need to state each characters stats right down to their height/hair color isn't necessary.

Reply: Yeah, I see your point. I was trying what Histchic had suggested I was doing, which was Willow's head, see the characters from her point of view, but it didn't work too well.

Quote:
But I can't help wondering what the magic deal is all about. Did she ever try to quit using magic after what happened with Tara? Did the Crash with Dawn occur ? (maybe I just missed these details somewhere along the way....) Is she being shunned by the gang because of her magic addiction or because something worse happened?

Reply: Everything up until the end of entropy has happened, and when I say that, I mean the very end with Tara coming to see Willow. Other than that, they just seem to be avoiding each other. That's basically it.

Hitchic---

Quote:
When giving the bio's of all the characters, is that part of Willow's thought process (because she is so logical, I wouldn't be suprised at her sorting everyone in her head) or is that the author *coughvoiceofgodcough* filling in the background?

Reply: As I said above, it was meant to be Willow's thought process, but it didn't work out as well as I'd of hoped.

As for the rest of you, I won't reply except a HUGE thanx for your enthusiasm, but if you have questions, I'll try to answer 'em to the best of my ability. Until then, I bow down and thank you for your loving feedback. :-D Ok, that sounded... Anyway, if you want to stick around for the update, be my guest and plz feel free to leave feedback. I haven't killed the critics (yet :devil ) Hope you like it.

Post subject: Chapter Seven
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:45 pm 
3. Flaming O

Summary: Do people even still read this part? Let's see! :-D The Aliens Are Coming! Run!

[hr]

She couldn't believe it. Her best friend since childhood was standing not 5 feet from her and he was holding a hunting knife looking as if he was hunting an animal out in the wild. His father looked at him as if he were insane. Just as Willow was taking in the situation, the scene began to take a real dive. Mr. Harris had grown a very mean look in just 10 seconds.

"So, you finally have the guts to face off with me, huh? Well, I got to say, I didn't think my piece of trash son would last this long, but you seem to have proven me wrong," Mr. Harris was laughing maliciously,"Come on boy. You have no friends, you never go to school, and you will never be anything but trash."

Xander just shook his head, still wielding the angry look on his face,"So your saying I'll be just like you?"

"At least I have the guts to put you and your mother where you belong. What are you going to do with that knife boy? No guts, remember? You won't hurt me," Mr. Harris stood from his slouch and swung his arms to his side,"Go ahead, kill me. I dare you to."

"You think I won't? You think after all these years of putting up with the fighting, the drinking, and the abuse that I won't take this knife and put you where you belong?!" Xander was shouting now.

Mr. Harris just smiled,"No, I really don't."

Willow was just standing there watching the scene unfold. All this happening in front of her couldn't be happening. Xander had never cared. He stayed away from his parents, but he never put any real care into what went between them. When ever they would fight, he would just come over to her house and they would play a board game or watch snoopy, but he never did this. How was this happening? She couldn't take it.

"Xander!! No!! Just stop. Go to my house, we'll play games like we always do, just don't do this!" Willow's voice was pleading. He wouldn't do this would he? She turned to Jesse,"Why isn't he listening to me?"

Jesse put his hand on her shoulder and looked at her sadly,"Willow, you have to remember, you don't exist. You never played games, or watched snoopy on christmas. He was alone. All alone."

She turned back to Xander and watched him as he took a step forward toward his father, bringing up the knife more.

"Come on boy. You know what you want to do. Do it!" Mr. Harris let out a bark of laughter. He was now against the wall, as Xander kept taking small steps towards him. As soon as he reached his father, his teeth clenched and his hand gripped the knife tighter. He raised his arm and shot the knife towards his father angrily.

"No!!!" Willow tried to move her hand out to catch his, but her hand just went right through his arm. She fell to the ground, but when she looked up she wished she hadn't. She couldn't think. Her best friend was a er, even if his father deserved the worst, it shouldn't have been Xander that gave it to him.

Jesse came over and took her arm,"It's time to go. We have three more people to see before you switch to Ms. Calendar."

Willow allowed herself to be led out of the house, where Xander had finally crossed the line. She wouldn't think, she couldn't. She started to ask who was next, but she found she had no voice either. They dissappeared only to reappear at Buffy's side in the cemetary. Somehow she knew that this was Buffy's second year here.
[hr]

"Why did we skip the rest of her first year?" Willow finally found some sort of hoarse voice.

Jesse looked at her,"Because I'm only showing you the major changes, and there was no more in that year. I had never met Xander because it was you who had introduced us. So I'm not in the picture, but get this, I apparently died anyway, so don't get y."

Willow just hung her head then watched as the next scene unfolded. Jesse decided to explain some things before he unfroze it,"Look, um, Buffy didn't have your advice, or your friendship, nor Xander's because, well, he never went to school because no one was there to push him to. Buffy never got to ask anyone for advice on Angel, so, he turned evil, but this time she didn't have anyone's shoulder to cry on, and she didn't have any friends so she was pretty mean to Giles because she couldn't even live some sort of ordinary life.

"She didn't know how to defeat Angel, and it was pretty harsh how he acted now, because he didn't have scoobies to go after, so he went after her mom. Joyce is already."

Willow looked down with tears in her eyes. Jesse decided to let her in on a little secret,"You can say when you want to leave and who you want to see when I'm done showing you Buffy, Oz and Giles. Ms. Calendar will let you choose. Just don't choose someone that you hadn't met yet, cause they don't have life changing moments yet."

Willow nodded her head in understanding. He unfroze the scene. Buffy was looking around the cemetary, obviously listening for something. When she heard the noise again, she turned around, only to come face to face with Angelus,"Well, look who it is. Hi Honey, I'm back. How was your day?" He taunted her.

Buffy seemed like she didn't care anymore. She didn't even look at him with anger or with sorrow. She didn't seem to have any kind of emotion in the stare she was giving him,"What do you want?" She asked quietly. Willow could barely hear her.

Angelous just smiled,"I just wanted to ask about your mom. How's she doing anyway? Oh, wait, that's right. She's . I hoped it was a nice valentines day gift. Come on, Buffy. You care that I'm still here don't you?"

Buffy started to walk away. Angelous couldn't have that, so he got in front of her, but didn't get the chance to say anything. He hadn't expected what was next. She killed him before whispering,"I've lost everything, what do I care that you die. It's my job."

Buffy still didn't seem to show emotion. Just as soon as she started to walk away, Giles came into the picture,"Buffy, well done. I must say that I didn't think it so easy as that, but well done."

"Shut Up," Buffy turned to him,"I don't give a care in the world what you think. This is your fault in the first place. I came here for a new start, but no. I couldn't have that. The big watcher's council had to make my life a living hell. 'Oh, you must be trained, it's your duty, what choice do we have?' Just leave me alone. If it weren't for you I could have had a somewhat real life. My mother would still be here and I might actually have had a friend or two!"

Willow saw the anger in her face, but also saw the pain. Jesse looked to her,"You make mistakes Will, but you were a big part to the puzzle and now none of the pieces connect, because you're missing. Don't get me wrong, if Xander was missing, it would probably be just as bad. Different things happening, but just as bad. If one piece goes missing then nothing can connect and the puzzle will never finish."

Willow looked to see Giles's sad face as he responded,"I didn't know that things would happen this way, but as the slayer, it is your duty. I couldn't let you just walk..." He didn't get a chance to finish as Buffy punched him square in the jaw.

"Piss off," Buffy said in a bad english accent. She walked away.

"Time to see one more person, Willow," Jesse said, making it clear where they were going. Oz was the only one left. Cordelia's probably just a snobbish as ever.
[hr]

They dissappeared and then came into existence again. They were at Oz's house, the night Willow should have come over. The night she should have realized that Oz was the wolf. This time though, there were no chains, or cuffs or any of it. Just Oz in the corner of the room mumbling.

"Why should I care, I'm just a horrible monster now. Who would care if I killed them all? Who would care if I attacked? Who cares about any of this?" Just then he started to transform.

"Oz, no. People care, Oz. You have to believe people care." Everything was falling apart. It was like, like... none of the pieces connect... Jesse was right. Oz started off into the night. They followed him, watching him. Two people , before the hunter finally took him. Finally killed him.

"Jesse, why won't it stop? Why won't the pain just stop for ten seconds and we can all be happy. I just want it to go away, but no matter what I do it won't go away." She looked into his pleadingly as she started to sob,"Please, just make it go away." She cried as he hugged her to his shoulder.

Jesse held her there for another minute before whispering in her ear,"I'm sorry, Will. It'll never go away, but it can be helped. Just be strong, and keep by their sides. Never leave them, even when things get tough. I have to go now."

Willow realized that they were back in the cemetary,"No, Jesse. Please don't go. It hurts."

"I know, but you'll get through it. And Willow, she's pretty. Don't let her go so easy. I can tell she still loves you." Jesse whispered before dissappearing with a few last words,"I'll be here, Willow. If you ever need me, I'll be here."

She sat there just thinking back to what she had seen. She wondered for a minute what would have happened to her without Xander or Buffy there for her. What would have happened without Giles looking after them as their father like figure for all of these years. Then she thought back to what Jesse had said and looked confused. Then realization hit her as she yelled,"She still loves me?"

"Well, duh. Things just get messed up. She was as lost as you when it came to you two. I don't know that much about you these days, but it's clear when I see you all, that you all still care deeply about each other," Ms. Calendar spoke from in front of Willow,"I'm not an expert on life or anything, but I do know that you guys have all made quite the mistakes this last year."

Willow was dumbfounded. She should have expected this, with Jesse telling her and all, but it had been almost as much a shock as Jesse being here,"Hi, nice to see you again, Ms. Calendar." Ok, that was lame greeting. Oh, well. She my old teacher, she understands, I think.

"All this time and that's all you can come up with? Oh well. Must be pretty weird for you. Come on Willow, we don't have a lot of time. Who do you want to see?" Ms. Calendar asked.

"I don't really know. I'm afraid to say. Maybe... No, you know what, I just want to see three people. Two of which I met my senior year and one I met my freshman year of college," Willow said descisively.

"Ah, yes. Faith, Anya, and of course, Tara," Ms. Calendar bit her lip,"Well, why don't we narrow that down. Anya, well, different things happened, and she never came here. She never met Xander and she stayed a demon. Nothing much to tell. Now, Faith, is a totally different story. It will involve seeing Buffy again. Tara, well, nothing really changes with her from when you first met her. She is shy as ever. How about I let Joyce take you to Tara after we're done. Because that's when things really sky rocket for her. I can take you to see a short clip of Xander," She suggested.

Willow shook her head vigerously. She had no want to see her old friend, but not because she d him for what he had done, but because she didn't want to see a worse condition.

"So, I'll just take you to see Faith then. Maybe we'll have time to chat afterwards. Are you ready?" Ms. Calendar looked to Willow, who nodded her head only slightly. She wasn't one bit ready, but there wasn't time.
[hr]

Sorry, it's been a long time. Life just keeps catching up every time I sit down to write, but it's all good. I'll try to update regularly, but I want you to know I will not quit until all my stories are finished. I have all these ideas, but I figured I would finish some of my written ones first. Like this one and Apocalypse. Anyway, hope you enjoy and keep tight, because I'm gonna try with the angst again for next chapter, when Tara comes up, and when Dawn comes up as well. Thanx again-- tru2urheart

Post subject: Re: The Tale (updated 01/16/06)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:32 pm 
2. Floating Rose

wow. this is one of my favorite fics on the board. i love this story. and i can't wait to read more updates. really wonderful fic.

stacey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:10 am 
10. Troll Hammer

G'day, Ariel.

First off, I have to apologize for taking so long to leave feedback for this story. I have been reading since you first posted, but .... well, sloth truly has been the monkey on my back. Which is my long winded way of saying I've been lazy.

But anyhoo, on to something more feedback-y in nature. So the aliens are coming, are they? Brilliant! I can finally go home. You go on one short scouting trip to plan for the invasion and ... oh. You were joking, right? Er ... just forget everything I just said, okay?

Woof! You've really ramped up the angst here, ain't ya? Very much a Christmas Carol theme going on here, letting Willow see how much of an impact she's had on the lives of her friends. Xander's life's gone to hell, and he's ended up slipping a shiv into his bastard of a father. Angel's killed Joyce, and Buffy's a hollow shell of herself, well on the path to self destruction. And poor ol' dogboy himself, Oz has given his wolf it's head, and ended up both a killer and a victim. Tres harsh, Ariel.

Can't wait to see where you take us next.

Cheers,
Paul.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:57 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

:-D SO cooooooool
I like so much this fic. Please continue soon. I want to see Willow next stop.
And by the way...you're right, our scobby gang without some of the scoobies suck. I hope Wills gets that
:bounce Keep this great story up

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:24 am 
5. Willowhand

Quote:
Do people even still read this part? Let's see! The Aliens Are Coming! Run!

Uh, what? Where? Where?!

Oh, very funny. :D That had me ducking and covering... Anyway, I'm happy to see a Season 7 remake, particularly since I'm in blissful denial of the 'real' season 7.

Poor Willow, she's in so much pain. :( But I really like the idea of the 'It's a wonderful life'-esque storyline you're using here. Even thought it'll lead to more pain, it'll show her how important she's been to her friends' lives.

I'm dreading the moment when Willow sees how Tara ended up without her influence, though. That'll probably be very sad.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:53 am 
10. Troll Hammer

a very sad chapter seeing how drastically the very lives of the people she loves most have changed... well at least willow i think is finally realizing how big a role she actually played in their lives...

i can't wait to find out how tara is fairing minus willow but at the same time dreading it coz it might not be pretty...

anyways... can't wait for more... i love this chapter... keep up the great work!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:42 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Heya! Just had to say I love this!!
it's fascinating.. can't wait for more.

Update please! quickly! hehe.. I'm hooked.

Missing me one place search another,
I stop some where waiting for you

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:19 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Wow, this is really good. I'm kinda nervous about what Tara's life is going to be like. Without Willow it can't be good. More please? :-D

---Edward

Post subject: Chapter Eight
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm 
3. Flaming O

Summary: Do people even still read this part? Let's see! They're coming, wait I said that.
[hr]

As they went along, Willow started to think things through more. Why, if they were all so important to the world, could they not at least find some sort of happiness? It was like this huge maze that they were running through, but someone kept switching things around, and before they knew it, they were lost again. There had to be some kind of time where they could be happy, right?

She looked up as she realized that they had been walking, and had not gone through any sort of portal, to take them to where they were going, like before,"Why didn't we just do that whole poof thing that Jesse and I did?"

"Because I'm not at all in a hurry. I only have one person to show you, which means we have time to talk and we might as well do it on the way," the was a pause," You don't understand do you?"

Willow knew Ms. Calendar was talking about her thoughts before she looked up," No. Why can't we just have something? Some sort of happiness, or chance at happiness?"

"I'm not going to answer that. I'm not so good with the emotional stuff. Ask Joyce when you get the chance. Any questions that I can answer for you?" Ms. Calendar asked.

"Xander didn't meet Buffy, and if the events happened mostly the same, then how did she live to defeat The Master? How did Kendra come to die?" Willow finally asked with confusion, as she thought about it.

Ms. Calendar smiled,"Now that is a question I can answer. Well, you see, just because Xander wasn't there doesn't mean that everyone wasn't there. Since Angel still had his soul at the time, he stayed to fight of the hellmouth beast. You know, the thing that came out of the hellmouth?" Willow cringed at the memory and nodded," Well, I was there too. Rupert went off in search of Buffy, and followed another vampire who made its way down to help the master. It was late, The Master had already gone up. Giles got to Buffy and revived her as Xander had done in your reality."

"So, Buffy didn't die, and Kendra..." She trailed off, hoping to be filled in.

"She still died, Willow. Unfortunately, she came here, but Buffy was already facing Angelus. Buffy hadn't had the time to get close to Kendra or get to know her, and her mother was already . Angelus killed Kendra about a week before the scene you saw with Rupert and Buffy," she finished sadly.

Willow just shook her head and roughly wiped away the tears. She had enough crying, though she knew she wouldn't be able to hold them back when it finally came down to it. Everything was so different then she thought it would be. So she didn't actually believe that her friend's lives would be stellar. Just because she wasn't there didn't mean Buffy wasn't the slayer or Xander's family were saints, but she hadn't suspected that she'd be what connected them all in such a way that without her, it basically ruined everything.

She snapped back into reality when she noticed her old teacher stop. They stood in front of the old motel that Faith had stayed at while she was here. Ms. Calendar looked over to her," Like I said before, you'll see Buffy again in this scene, though she's even worse than before. She isn't in there yet, though. We're just going to basically see what Faith's choices are. You might be surprised, because she's not as fiesty as she was in your reality."

They started walking toward the steps, and up until the reached Faith's door. They phased right through. There was Faith, as leather bound as ever, sitting there, staring at a picture. She seemed like she was going to say something, but like all the other scenes, this one was on pause until she was ready. She nodded toward Faith and said,"Go ahead."

The scene unfolded. Faith was crying,"God, what am I supposed to do? Hell, I don't know about this . This , B, or Buffy as her watcher calls her, is just a bitch. She's a snobby, non-caring, hell that has no emotion what-so-ever!"

It was like seeing something totally different. Faith seemed to be describing herself from Willow's point of view. Did this world make it the other way around? Willow looked at the picture for a second, and realized that this had been Faith's watcher. She must have been to Faith what Giles was to them.

Faith continued to cry, but this time she spoke to the picture with so soft a voice, that if anything else had been moving, it would be impossible to hear,"An she's the most beautiful person I've ever seen. She's been hurt so bad, and she's lost everything. How fair is that? Ok, so I haven't exactly lived in roses, but even though my family died, they were pieces of , so I really don't care. She cared so much about her Mom. Her Dad is never there. He's always off on some trip leaving her some money to fair alone. How can someone like that live such a ty life?" Faith paused for a moment. Before she could continue, someone came bursting through the door.

Buffy, for the most part, hadn't changed, if you don't count the all goth, leather look, with the really mean scowl that came with said outfit. She was totally Buffy minus the hope, the friendliness, and the emotion known as care. Was caring an emotion or was it just caring? I wonder if it's considered an emotion. It could be, but I guess, Oh, I'm babbling in my head again. Where's Tara to interupt my thought process, when I need her? Oh, yeah. She's back in my reality, probably have kisses and Gay love with someone else that won't get all magic addict-y on her. Ok, yeah. I don't want to go there. Watching the scene, watching the scene.

"Faith, we were supposed to meet for patrolling an hour ago. Wesley's going to kick my ass, if he finds out we didn't dust Mr. whats his name, who died two days ago," Buffy said non-chantly. Everything but sheer carelessness was gone from her voice and she didn't seem to even care that Faith had been crying.

"Whatever, B. I just had some stuff to do. Yo, we still have time. Why don't we go," Faith covered her sadness," We still have time to go now."

Buffy looked up at Faith with a sneer,"No, you go ahead and sit here crying like a baby. I'll go home and Wesley can kiss my ass whne he finds out."

Buffy stomped out, almost breaking the door, while closing it. Faith just sat down and started crying again. This is when Willow realized that the Faith in their world not only cared, but was also in love with Buffy. Faith just didn't know how to let someone in, and now that Buffy didn't care, Faith didn't have to hide, because Buffy wouldn't be able to see it anyway. She was too far gone in the emptiness that she had settled in a year ago. Willow realized that Faith had gotten lost, just as she had, when everything had gone horribly wrong.

The scene faded out and they were back in the cemetary. Willow didn't even have the strength to cry. Everything had just gone horribly wrong. She looked over to Ms. Calendar,"Can I just go home now? Can I just end this wish and go home? I don't want to see anymore."

Ms. Calendar shook her head,"As much as I want to let you, I'm not going to. There is at least one more you must see. You need to see her or you'll never understand. Then you can end the wish, if it is so what you desire. I'll let Joyce take care of you now. Tell Rupert to get his head out of his ass, and get back to Sunnydale or I'll make sure he gets there, but I won't go easy." With that, she disappeared, and Willow was once again alone, but she knew, not for long.
[hr]

Hope you enjoy it, and I'm sorry that it's short, but Ineed a little more time for Tara's entrance. It has to be a little more than the rest so it'll take more time. I have to go, but I hope you enjoy it.--tru2urheart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:03 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

:clap Way a update! Poor Faith.
Willow don't get it yet? For someone so smart, the redhead is sometimes so dense.
So now Joyce-future? Tara? I can't wait.
Keep it up :applause

Post subject: Re: The Tale (updated 01/26/06)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:57 pm 
3. Flaming O

READ THIS!!!!

Okay Guys,
Not an update, but I needed to tell you this and find out your opinion. I don't know how long it will be before I can update again, and if it's soon, it's not in the universe Willow's in right now, it's about her friends and how they are doing without Willow now and stuff. I really want to try and get the update that has Tara without Willow really good.

.What do you want? Next update with the Willowless Tara, but wait longer for it, or would you like an update on the scoobies that live in the world Willow does exist in? Up to you.

Thanx for all your feedback so far by the way. I love that you guys like my story. Here are some replies to some of the longer feedback.

Tarebear

Quote:
a very sad chapter seeing how drastically the very lives of the people she loves most have changed... well at least willow i think is finally realizing how big a role she actually played in their lives...

Reply: Yeah. My opinion was that the scoobies in the actual season six needed a reality check, especially Willow. So by giving Willow a reality check, maybe she can help the rest of them see why they need eachother while in the process of trying to get Tara back. So this is how I imagined they're lives without eachother.

Darth Pacula

Quote:
So the aliens are coming, are they? Brilliant! I can finally go home. You go on one short scouting trip to plan for the invasion and ... oh. You were joking, right?

Reply: Uh.... It was supposed to be a joke to see if people still read the fine print, but, Um... Yeah, ok. This never took place. :|

The rest of you, well, I'm glad you like it. Thanx soo much for your feedback, it's really helped me concentrate on trying to keep ideas in my head so I can please you guys with updates. Anyway, if you can give an opinion, that would be great.--tru2urheart

Ariel