The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Snapshots - Moments In Time
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:14 pm 
3. Flaming O

I'm not too good with long fics, so this will be a series of one-shots depicting moments in out favorite gals' lives. Some of them will be very simple and of no greater importance than stuffing the readers with sweet fluff, others will be life-changing or just incredibly funny. Anyway, I'll not follow any particular timeline, so I may write about them meeting as children right after a story about their first grandkid. Who knows what I'll come up with?

This is just a little something I've written to entertain myself after the family went home. It's hopefully sweet and inconsequential.

Enjoy.

Title: Duet
Author: nerdbert aka Alex
E-mail Address: nerdbert@postmaster.co.uk
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: This fic contains an unhealthy amount of sugar, beware! No spoilers, though.
Summary: Features a tired Willow, a playful Tara, some music and lots of love.
Notes: I've taken some liberties regarding Willow's talent for music, call it poetic license, if you will.

[hr]

Willow turned the knob and entered her apartment. Her rich emerald eyes had lost some of their shine and her expression was a tired one. She hung up her jacket and absent-mindedly dropped her pack onto the ground. Out of nowhere, a slight breeze ruffled her hair and she smiled at the wind’s caress, but it soon disappeared as her body’s need for rest overcame her. She carefully made her way around huge stacks of sheet music piled on the floor and collapsed onto the soft plush couch.

Soon she was fast asleep.

Tara opened the door of the apartment gingerly as her deep blue eyes peeped in. Her long dark blonde hair ruffled as she made her way in. She noticed a dark jacket hanging dangerously from a hook, threatening to fall. After quickly adjusting it, she made her way to the sleeping form.

She glanced once at her piles of violin sheet music and sighed. She would have a hell of a time cleaning it up, but there was one piece she just had to find. She went over to a stack and began rummaging through the papers.

There was a slight groan.

Tara’s face shot up. Willow had merely shifted in her sleep; her face was now away from the couch. Tara breathed in relief. She got up to go to the next stack, when her foot slipped on a piece of sheet music beneath her. She tumbled onto the floor with an undignified squeak. Tara blushed.

For a moment, a half-opened eye twinkled with amusement.

When the blonde looked up again, she found both of Willow’s eyes closed. She could have sworn that the noise of her fall had woken Willow. Tara would have shrugged, but since there wasn’t anyone else in the apartment to see it - the one exception being unconscious - she merely dusted herself off.

Tara picked up the paper she had slipped on. Upon closer examination, she realized it was the exact sheet she had been looking for. She began to chuckle. The noise broke the silence in the room and Tara quickly stopped herself.

But the chuckling continued.

Tara was dumfounded; it seemed her mouth wasn’t obeying her command to stop. Willow’s chuckling switched to giggling. Blue eyes turned to meet sleepy but amused green orbs.

“How long have you been watching me?” Tara’s eyebrow twitched.

“How long have you been on the floor?” replied Willow nonchalantly.

Tara’s blush deepened.

“You look so pretty when you blush, and with your hair all messed up.”

“What, my hair’s messed up?!” Tara began to comb through her hair with her fingers, trying to look as if she was absolutely horrified. It failed when she chuckled. “But I like it this way, when the wind blows hard outside, and plays with my hair.” Tara smiled mischievously as she inched toward Willow. “But maybe a little revenge is called for, since you are making fun of me.”

With that, she pinned Willow down, deeper into the couch and kissed her. It was a light kiss, but Tara was in a playful mood. She began to kiss Willow harder.

“Taraluveplessstope,” Willow mumbled half-incoherently.

“What?” Tara drew her face away form Willow’s.

“Tara love, please stop,” she said again.

Tara’s face fell.

“No, it’s not that. I’m just…so tired,” Willow said with a yawn, closing her eyes.

Tara was relieved, and picked up the paper that had fallen from her hands. That’s when Willow’s eyes flew open. She noticed Tara was keeping something behind her back.

“On second thought, maybe I’m not too tired.”

“But, um, Will…”

Willow pulled Tara closer, and made a grab for the paper in her hands.

“No fair!” Tara yelled as she dashed away from the couch.

Willow tried to sit up, but suddenly fell back onto the couch. Tara looked at her partner in concern from a safe distance. Willow gazed back at Tara with sad eyes and turned, burying her face in the couch. Tara waited, but Willow didn’t stir. Tara drew nearer to the couch and touched the bright red hair.

“I didn’t realize you were so beat.”

“Neither did I. If I were at my best, I would have caught you with no problem.” Tara could hear a pout in her lover’s voice and it brought a smile to her lips.

“Well, then it looks like this time, I get to catch you,” Tara wrapped her hands around Willow’s waist and kissed her on the forehead. Tara had to admit Willow didn’t look too well. “Why didn’t you tell me you were sick?”

“I didn’t know I was. Thought I was just tired.”

Tara thought for a moment. Willow had killer midterms and tutoring sessions from six to eight all week. This was compounded to the fact that she had been helping Dawn with her homework every night. Also, Willow had been working an extra shift in her part-time job at the computer store.

“Poor baby,” Tara said.

She was sure Willow was feeling burnt out. The redhead snuggled against her. Soon Willow’s breathing and heartbeat slowed. Tara kissed her sleeping partner’s forehead once again and picked up the sheet of music she had placed on the coffee table during their discussion.

On the violin solo was the inscription:

“To my willow-tree, whose sweet embrace protects me from the worst storms.”

Then, she turned the paper. Tara gasped. The back wasn’t blank. A familiar handwriting had composed a piano part, turning the solo into a duet. Willow had known all along. The reply read:

“To my shining star, thank you for guiding me home. Together we create pure light.”

The smile that blossomed on the blonde’s face was a testament to that light.

Willow could only remain oblivious.

She snored softly.

The End

Now, I should probably explain the music thing. I happen to think music is a magic greater than all others. The violin and the piano are my favorite instrument (the later which I happen to play). Tara always came across to me as a musical person, so I had her as a musician. Willow is a bit OOC writing sheet music and all that, but I thought that was a good way for they to have a common ground, since this time they aren't witches.

What did you think? Good? No?

To the query, "What is a friend?" his reply was "A single soul dwelling in two bodies." - Aristotle, Greek Philosopher

Post subject: Re: Snapshots - Moments In Time
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:35 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I think its good but u should make it into a longer story :)
happy holidays
erin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:03 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Very nice, nerbert. Keep it up.

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:48 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hi Nerdbert,

Wonderful, sweet tidbit. I hope you share more little moments with us. Of course, this one has me wishing I could hear the duet.

Happy New Year to you.
Michelle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:12 am 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

Awww..that was adorable :x . Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong and those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler. [Evan Rachel Wood]

Credit for icon: lj user crazedxinsanity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:23 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I really, really enjoyed this. Sometimes it's nice to read a short one-shot, nothing super important happening on the surface, just a quick glance into the lives of two people in love.
You should definitely write more!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:06 am 
3. Flaming O

AlysonGoddess: Thanks. Yeah, I probably should write more, but what I was trying to do here was something short and sweet, you know? I'll see if I can write more.

spells42: Glad to see you liked it. I'm writing more little scenes like this one, I'll be posting as soon as I finish.

mole: 'Lo! There are many nice violin/piano duets around. Vanessa Mae did some wonderful duets with the piano. She's a great violinist, IMHO.

sam: Thank you. There's more coming soon. :grin

k-prime: I couldn't agree more. Though I love action packed fics as much as the next person, these sweet, just another day moments are a wonderful read too. I'll write more as soon as I can.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Makes me feel warm and fuzzie to know my work is being appreciated. :x

To the query, "What is a friend?" his reply was "A single soul dwelling in two bodies." - Aristotle, Greek Philosopher