The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Magical Journey
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:12 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

I just had the idea for a short fan fiction, based off one of my daydreams. I have always pondered what would happen if some of my favorite characters came to life. I am also including Willow and Tara, but they will not be the only characters I am imagining alive. I am noting, however, that others copyright many of these characters and as such, I am not trying to infringe.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Business at the Magic Box was slowly winding down, its customers slowly disappearing. Willow was helping shelve the many potions, statues, and books when she noticed something odd about one of the books on the shelves on the upper level. Usually, most of those books were dark magic books, which Willow had no desire to touch after the results of her resurrecting Buffy. Willow had noticed a book that was shiny, and colorful, and because it so, it looked strangely out of place.

Willow noticed that book looked innocent, like it was a children’s book. Why was it in the Magic Box?

Willow ran the down the steps that led to the lower level of the store. She first ran to Tara to show her the colorful book, its outer binding the colors of the rainbow.

“I found this book while sorting through the books and this one caught my eye.” She told Tara, whose face was actually quite bright and smiling, even though Willow had come from the area usually reserved for the darkest magic books. Willow and Tara flipped through the pages, when they started noticing a bright light around the colorful characters of the books. Tara immediately closed the book and looked at Willow gently. “Ask Giles to see what this book is.” She said, “It may not be dangerous, but show it to him, just in case.” She kissed Willow gently, smirking when she stopped.

Willow moved away from Tara and went to see Giles. She showed him the book, and tried to explain what occurred inside the covers. Giles did not seem worried, and merely smiled. “I don’t know what you saw, Willow. It’s a simple children’s book, even though you found it up there, I think you should have it.”

Willow left his company, puzzled. The book only lit up when she and Tara opened it. What made them so special that only they would be able to see its magic? Willow didn’t think the book was evil, but it made her slightly uncomfortable to understand that she and her girlfriend could only see the possibility of something magical happening.

Willow went back to Tara and told her what had happened. “Giles didn’t see what we saw, even Anya, who was right behind him, never noticed the blight light. It is almost as if they are blind to it.” Willow looked stressed but Tara grabbed the book and led Willow out where no one could hear them. “I felt an innocent power when we first opened this book,” Tara said, “and I still feel it. You wonder why no one else felt it. I think even though we do some naughty things,” She batted her eyes at Willow sweetly, making Willow daze dreamily, “that have we still have had some youth in us. Giles, Buffy, Anya, I think they work so hard that they become that way themselves.”

By the Power of Grayskull!

Post subject: Re: A Magical Journey
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:10 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky OK Wizard I am sooooo on board wondering who it can be weave your magic and take me on a ride :dance :dance :dance

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:56 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Willow listened and then took the book gently from Tara’s hands. “Why don’t we look at this tonight?” She said, “And then, you and I can discover more about this book.” Tara agreed and helped Willow place it in a backpack nearby. Tara had a spark of interest in the book, but little did she know that it would change their world. You see, unknown to Willow and Tara, they and the entire existence of Sunnydale was fictional. They had no idea that the book would transport them into the real world.

Willow showed the book to Tara, after she closed the door to their room. They again, opened the book, but this time when they touched the pages, the bright reoccurred and they were sucked into the book’s pages. When Willow and Tara opened their eyes, they found they were no longer in their room, but in a library.
Willow went over to a computer and tried to discover where they were, and looked their city. Willow gulped when she found the information and turned to face Tara. “Tara… We’re not in Sunnydale and also it says that the town …never existed”

Willow and Tara were not the only ones speechless because everyone around them was shocked. Willow and Tara had now, magically appeared in the library, so no person was brave enough to go towards them. One person slowly wheeled out from his area, and approached them. “Do you need help?” He asked. Slowly turning to the voice, Tara turned so that he could see who she was. He paused, amazed, and a little speechless himself. “Maybe you’d better come somewhere private.” He said, “You both look very familiar, and I am a little worried.”

Tara pushed the wheelchair and found a small area that was easy to talk without interruption. “Now that you’re here, I’m afraid some of my toys will be alive as well,” he explained, When I leave here, come with me.”

Willow and Tara did as he suggested and did ride home with him. What had he meant by toys being alive? Willow and Tara would discover why he was so worried, and the book’s origins would be understood. The book was not evil; however, both girls were worried about the outcome of their little adventure.
It was Willow, whose curiosity made this happen, but how to return if their world was pretend?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:06 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky Wizard you have a mind like Walt Disney my friend and relation?
This is a wonderful story I can tell already. :kgeek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:04 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Once Willow and Tara followed the boy to his house and into his room, they understood somewhat what was concerning him. A huddle of voices was coming from within the room.

“Where are we, Teddy?” a gentle voice asked.

Another voice answered, “I am not sure, Grubby, but I am certain we’re not in any danger.”

The boy slowly opened the door to the room. All the toys froze in their tracks until all three people entered the room. Tara closed the door and turned on the light. All the toys were silent until Grubby finally said something.

“What’s going on here, Matthew? First, Teddy and I are in Grundo, and then the next thing you know, I am on a shelf and Teddy’s on your bed.”

I guess it was time to reveal that Willow and Tara had accidentally entered the real world, but instead I just said “I think you may want to thank them, Grubby”, I said, introducing the yellow and orange creature, which had grown big, and was sitting next to my wheelchair, to the two witches. Willow and Tara were now standing there with their mouth open, as I turned around and grinned. “They’ve made this happen.”

“How in the world did we make this happen?” Willow asked me, puzzled as to why they were magicians in this feat.

Tara seemed to read my mind as she had said that the book made it happen. It made sense to her now: the disappearing Sunnydale, magically appearing in a library without knowing where they were, and one person knowing who they were and worrying – They were fictional and because they entered the real world, everything endearing had come to life.

I was speechless. I always imagined my toys coming to life, but only in a dream, for the most part. Here the majority was, maybe a little scared a first, but welcoming once they were reassured that everything was okay.

“Am I correct in assuming that you have always wished that your favorite characters would come to life, because, uh, I think I have granted that accidentally.” Willow said, grinning at me and putting a hand on my shoulder. “How did I guess?”

Teddy Ruxpin had now jumped off the bed, now tall enough to shake my hand. “I’ve seen you two.” He said to Willow and Tara, “A pleasure to meet you, I’m Teddy Ruxpin.” He shook their hands, and smiled, “No need to fear, Grubby, you’re safe.”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:24 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky Matt wow this is really wild and fun keep it up!!! :kgeek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:28 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Dianneswillowtree wrote:
:pinky Matt wow this is really wild and fun keep it up!!!

I shall. If you didn't catch it yet, I have put myself into the story and most of the characters are 'coming alive' in my bedroom and I really own the inspirations.

Last edited by Pinocchio1940 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:07 am 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Well, phew.” Grubby said, in relief, and then held out his hand, “I’m Grubby, pleased to meet you.” His six legs bounced as he excitedly moved around. “Just so you know, I don’t like bein’ called a potato bug, caterpillar, or centipede. I’m a Octopede.” His gentle blue eyes seemed to make him stand out, giving him an addition to his gentle, quiet personality.

Tara felt she had met a personality similar to her own and her eye color as well. Tara’s thoughts drifted awhile, until she heard a young, curious voice.

“Can someone help me down? I am too scared to try myself.”

Tara looked up. Sitting on a wooden horse was a young boy. Dressed as a cowboy, he appeared to be about six years old. Blue eyes, and blond hair, his voice was as soft as it could be. The shelf he was located on was so high that Tara put her hands to her chest and gasped. Was there a safe way to get him down?

Teddy introduced his friend, Newton Gimmick, a balding old man who was an inventor of sorts, whose inventions never seemed to do what he had designed, but always seemed to function in someway useful. One of Gimmick’s devices, The Airship, proved quite useful in the trio’s many adventures. Gimmick said that was possible to rescue this young boy using the airship, as it had the capability of flying up to otherwise hazardous areas.

The airship was a giant wooden boat, which operated off two propellers, a wood stove and a multi-colored airbag. Tara, Willow, Teddy, Grubby and Gimmick climbed up the steps into the giant boat while I stayed behind, as the chair was too heavy. Gimmick moved the ship towards, aligning the steps with the shelf.
He lowered the steps while waiting one of the passengers to volunteer, as too many were too dangerous.

Tara volunteered, and cautiously walked down the steps on the wooden shelf. She walked gently next to the horse and tenderly lifted the young child into her arms.
She lifted the cowboy hat from his head, revealing a mop-style haircut underneath. She set the hat on the horse and set back for the airship, carefully walking up the steps that led to it. She had had plans to set the child down, but instead she wrapped her arms around the young child, adoringly rubbing his back as he fell asleep again. Willow just stared, a small smile slowly building as she thoughtfully touched Tara on the shoulder.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:15 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky Matt that is so smart of you and I am so glad you take me on this rollarcoaster.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:44 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Gimmick lowered the airship back to the ground, and everyone stepped off. Willow noticed Tara’s protective acts towards the young boy, who had originally been porcelain, and wondered. Tara caught Willow’s gaze and said, “You know, maybe it’s just me, but because of how I was treated, I find myself affectionate towards children, and I might have you to thank.”

“You were caring before then…” Willow began.

“Maybe so,” Tara replied sweetly, “but I needed support to fully grow into a confident person, and something tells me you understand this.”

Tara had noticed Willow’s mouth drop when she had said something about support. Willow had been the same boat. A mother who detested her, although this could have demonic Hansel and Gretel’s spell to make sure her mother would kill her, although Willow wasn’t sure. Buffy and the rest had become her extended family, so she tended not to think about her mother. She was certain the spell had not changed her mother’s torrid hate for her; she predictable it made her just more machine than human.

The child, who had been sleeping in Tara’s affectionate embrace, now awoke with a start. He did not cry, but instead looked right up at Tara in awe. “Are you my mother?” he asked, his bold blue eyes gazing at her, while she smiled at him. She looked at Willow with a ‘don’t-you-get-any-ideas’ look and sadly smiled and said,” No, but,” She said, now trying to find a way to find to tickle him, “I will be a friend.”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:48 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Quote:
The child, who had been sleeping in Tara’s affectionate embrace, now awoke with a start. He did not cry, but instead looked right up at Tara in awe. “Are you my mother?” he asked, his bold blue eyes gazing at her, while she smiled at him. She looked at Willow with a ‘don’t-you-get-any-ideas’ look and sadly smiled and said,” No, but,” She said, now trying to find a way to find to tickle him, “I will be a friend

Matt this is so sweet :kitty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:04 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

The little boy giggled as Tara’s fingers gently poked and prodded the boy’s belly. He was giggling so hard, that he was squirming unintentionally. Tara was having an enjoyable time, but she could no longer hold him steadily, so she took his hands and lowered him to the ground. “What’s your name?” He asked her hand still in his grip.

Willow could no longer hide her enchantment over the cuteness of this scene. Tara had finally lowered herself to his level, sitting down next to him. Then, playfully, she lifted him on to her lap, while a cute smile landed his face. “Tara”, she whispered, still tickling his belly, “What’s yours?”

The boy tried to speak, but was so wild with giggles, that it was tough to get it through. “Tex”, he said, watching in giggle fits as Tara had a mischievous gleam in her eye. She had plans to tickle him more, so she looked at Willow with a wicked grin. Despite his playful protests, Willow and Tara grinned at him, mischievous looks on their faces.

Tara kept Tex still while Willow playfully poked at him, finally removing his shoes and socks. Willow lightly brushed her fingers against his bare feet, producing a giggle that made Willow and Tara grin.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:41 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :kgeek

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:29 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Tara’s laughter was cut short when she felt a light plunk on her head. Willow looked up, and knew who had landed on Tara’s head, but instead she tried to keep still, her ears hearing a voice calling:

“Jiminy! Jiminy!” Pinocchio had popped out of a picture I had, and was now calling for his friend, “Oh, there you are!” Pinocchio was now looking at the top of Tara’s head, baffling Tara as to why. Jiminy, did not realize he had sat on someone’s head until he looked down and saw two sets of eyes smiling at him. “Oops! My apologies, I couldn’t see you down there.”

Jiminy now grabbed his umbrella and lowered himself to Tara’s level. Tara now smiled sweetly as memories came swirling back. When her mother was alive, the Disney features had been a mainstay. Tara stopped thinking, as now Jiminy was looking at her, as she was the Blue Fairy, blushing at the sight of her smile.

“I’ve heard your beautiful voice, time and time again, would you mind joining in singing “When You Wish Upon a Star”?”

Tara stared as slowly a smile graced her lips,” I would love to.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:54 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky Wizard I think you would be great at writing children's books you should try it my friend. ;-) :kgeek