The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Starlit Canopy [New fic...Smut alert. UPDATE 1/8/08]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Title: Starlit Canopy

Author: Willow!

E-Mail: PM to ask me for it :D

Rating: PG-13 for this chapter. So far, third installment has an NC-17 rating, and most will probably have PG-13 or R because I curse.

Distribution: Ask first, please. :D

Notes: The angst rating for the first couple of chapters is pretty non-existent. There is drama in later chapters, however. Buffy and the Scoobies exist in this fic. It doesn't follow any particular season in the show, but gives you a general idea.

There are no spoilers, either. [I don't think. I mention Slayerettes...Does that count?]

More Notes: Baddies(demons, vamps, etc) do exist in this fic. Its not in the synopsis cause that would ruin the surprise, now wouldn't it? There are also lots of cool developments in Willow and Tara's magickal powers. Read on to find out what!

Also, I'm a newbie, but I have been lurking for years. Hi, everyone!

More, more notes!: dlline kindly let me know that I was spelling Willow's name 'Rosenburg'. Strangely enough, in my original copy on my IMac, its spelled 'berg'. So, I went and fixed it so now it reads Rosenberg. [I think it's because I had a teacher named 'Rosenburg' and entered it into the dictionary so it would stop giving me angry red lines under it.] Please, if you see something like this...let me know! Constructive criticism is good!

Synopsis: After Willow Rosenberg is sent to the hospital by a run in with a particularly nasty demon, she realizes its time to move on from Sunnydale. Her close call with death makes her rethink where she is going in life, and she moves first to San Francisco, and then to Philadelphia to study at a small liberal arts school called Chestnut Hill College. That's where she meets Tara Maclay, the shy but funny Psychology teacher and powerful Wicca who instantly takes a liking to Willow.

DISCLAIMER!: I do not own any characters from BTVS, Mutant Enemy does. Chestnut Hill College is a *real* school in Philadelphia, and I also do not own the rights to that. I just wanted to use the name so that people from the area could relate more. Please, don't sue me.

-------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER ONE

Willow Rosenberg's head was leaned awkwardly against the plane's uncomfortable headrest, her laptop bag sliding slowly out of her lap as the plane started it's bumpy descent. The obtuse man to Willow's left took no mind; after all, the slim redhead had given him more then enough interesting stories to take home to his brother. Throughout the duration of their flight from San Francisco, California, to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the redhead next to him babbled incessantly in her sleep, thrashing out every so often as if she were fighting some invisible demons.

Despite the girl's humorous antics, he still felt bad leaving her on the plane once it landed. Poking her a few times, he stood and gathered his own laptop bag. "Girl, the plane landed." She still didn't stir. "Jeezus..." He grumbled, watching as the passengers filed out of the plane.

Willow was enthralled in her intricate dream. She was standing at the front of a classroom, teaching, when a rather large demon broke in. It was dark blue, with a singular horn poking out from its forehead. It reminded Willow of the band whose members decided to paint themselves blue during shows; except, for his long, sharp nails and six tails. Definitely a difference there. The demon stormed towards her, knocking over her desk in the mean time. She was surprised how fast he lumbered, despite being close to seven foot tall. He totally caught her off guard, grabbing her by the shoulders roughly. Willow screamed, trying to think of any kind of spell, but those blue eyes were boring into her, freezing her on the spot. Soon, the dream-demon had morphed into a beautiful, light brown haired girl, the same blue eyes boring into her, but more peaceful. In Willow's dream, it was hard to make out the girl's face, like she was wearing foggy glasses, but she could see those eyes perfectly.

"Are you okay?" The woman asked, shaking her a little as if trying to wake her. "Wake up, girl!"

Willow jumped in her seat, realizing that the voice had come from the guy sitting next to her. Her eyes flew open and she looked around, surprised that she had slept through her neighbor's poking and shaking. Willow noticed that she was sweating a lot, and shaky. The demon that hurt her was still constantly on her mind. She tried to shake it off, but she had to admit that the blue eyed girl was a weird addition to her once reoccurring dream. Gathering her stuff, she muttered a quick sorry and a few thank yous before bolting from the plane. The guy was staring daggers into her, and she guessed she made him miss his ride or something.

She stretched her arms behind her head as she walked into the Philadelphia International airport. It was filled with stores, beggars, and lots of good smelling food. People bustled back and forth, never stopping to make eye contact, intent on going wherever the hell they were going.

Willow was glad to get out of the airport. For some reason, large, crowded places didn't exactly make her feel comfortable. Who knew what kind of baddies were lingering around, hidden behind a human facade? As Willow slid into a cab, telling the cab driver to take her to her new address in Chestnut Hill, she settled back into her own mind. What had that dream been about? She thought her reoccurring nightmares stopped a long time ago, after she left Sunnydale. She had been living in San Francisco since then, still helping Buffy and the Slayerettes, who had relocated to the huge city themselves. Willow had gone her own way after that, once Giles let her know, from England, that there was demon activity starting to pop up in Philadelphia. He said it was "highly unlikely" that it was anything serious, however Willow took the opportunity to finish out college.

It was strange leaving California, Buffy, Xander, Anya and Dawn after all of the years they had been together. Still, Buffy had a small army under her wing, and demon activity was at an all time low across the board. Willow felt drawn, somehow, to the City of Brotherly Love, and her friends accepted that she needed to move on. To be honest, Willow wanted to leave all that happened behind her, to pick up some sense of normalcy. The past year had been a roller coaster, and she was glad to find a place to settle down. She had spent close to a few months in the hospital, clutching to life, after one particularly scary run in with a demon a year ago, right when she first moved to San Francisco. She got a nasty bout of amnesia, and even now there were still some details of her life that hadn't come back to her. Ever since then, Willow had felt a need to move, to finish out school and come back once she was settled. She needed a break, honestly, from having death shoved in her face on a daily basis.

Moving her attention past her thoughts and to the cab window, she was surprised at how beautiful some of the houses were. The cab was going over a particularly bumpy cobblestone road, and Willow was surprised that cobblestone roads existed anywhere. But, the section of Philadelphia that she chose to go to school in didn't exactly feel like Philadelphia. It felt more suburban, with lots of old houses, trees, and land. Willow was looking forward to seeing her apartment again. She had visited a month or two ago to get things settled. She had brought some furniture in that time, nothing really beside a couch and a table. She did need to make a trip to Ikea...

"Okay, ma'am, here we are." The cab driver pulled the car over next to the huge mansion, and Willow whistled appreciatively.

Paying the guy his money, Willow smiled as he helped get her bags out of the trunk and headed up the rocky, dirt driveway to her apartment. The building itself was an old mansion, over one hundred and fifty years old. The windows and doors were painted a robins egg shade of blue, and the quirkiness in the apartment is what made Willow fall instantly in love with it. It boasted of high ceilings, floor to ceiling windows, and two amazingly huge bedrooms. Still a little weak, Willow set her suitcases next to the door before searching for her key. Despite being August, Willow found it was unusually chilly out, the skies looking ominous. She shrugged and went back to fiddling with the lock.

"I'm lucky I'm so close to the college...Dorm living is expensive." Willow murmured to herself as she finally got in her apartment. There was a trick to opening the strange, old lock on the door.

Though basically empty, the apartment would be gorgeous once Willow got through with it. The first floor apartment also boasted a fireplace, which she would be glad to use in the winter. Her black leather couch was sitting against a wall next a floor lamp, a red oak coffee table sitting in front of it. Other then that, the apartment was bare, with empty cabinets and two empty bedrooms. Willow had claimed the smaller bedroom next to the bathroom as her office and study, while the living-room sized master bedroom across from the kitchen would serve as her main bedroom. Speaking of, the bedroom set, desk and shelves she ordered online should be arriving soon.

"Welcome home, Ms. Rosenberg." Willow mused as she flopped into her couch, slipped off her shoes, and rested her feet on her table. Willow got a chill and she felt distinctly and utterly alone. "Get a grip, a girlfriend, or a dog." She told herself. Later, she'd venture out to check out the neighborhood--but now, it was time to sleep off her jet lag.

---------------------------------------------

"Get a grip or a girlfriend, Tara." Tara Maclay rubbed her temples as she stood outside of the entrance to Chestnut Hill College. She leaned against the heavy stone that held an opened gate, beckoning her inside the campus despite her nervousness. This wasn't her first teaching job, but something was just grating on her nerves today. Maybe it was the two cups of coffee she had earlier.

Tara had accepted a job position as a teacher of Psychology at Chestnut Hill College. Though she did have a masters degree, she was going for her PHD. The Chestnut Hill brochure boasted that, "85% of our teachers have the highest degree in their field." So, Tara was nervous...after all, she only had a masters and most other teachers had a PHD. She definitely was going to feel like an outcast. Glancing at her Blackberry, she realized she had a whole hour to walk around the campus again and get a feel for it.

Chestnut Hill College was a small, liberal arts college. It had a happy student body, and an amazingly beautiful campus. Trees and fields surrounded the school, leaving students lots of room to lay around on their laptops. The whole campus, not surprisingly, was wireless. Tara was glad of this, since her BlackBerry got a connection no matter where she was.

The school, Tara decided, was quirky. A series of underground tunnels connected all of the buildings, allowing students and faculty to go from one side of the campus to another without going outside. When the cold January weather hit, Tara would be glad for this cool feature. To her, it felt like Hogwarts. The mascot was a Gryphon, the school colors were gold and scarlet, and the buildings had a creepy, old British feel.

"Then again, maybe I've just read the books one too many times." Tara mused, finding a spot beneath a tree to sit and check her e-mail. She found a secluded spot towards the back of campus, away from all of the freshman starting to move in. Before she had a chance to even click on the Internet Explorer, a call came in.

"Hello?" A distinctly British voice came clear through the phone's speakers.

"Hello, this is Tara Maclay." Tara spoke cheerily into the phone.

"Yes, er, this is Rupert Giles...We spoke a few days ago. I was wondering if you had a moment?" Giles took his glasses off his face, cleaning them nervously on his shirt as he waited for Tara to answer.

"Of course! How are you, Mr. Giles?" Tara was glad to hear the voice of the Watcher. He had called her a few days ago about a now defunct coven in Philadelphia, which Tara was once a part of.

"I am fine, thank you. To get down to business, I'm sure you are aware of the recent influx of dark activity in Philadelphia. Since you are the only Wiccan contact I have for this area, I figured I should let you know about this. According to accounts from Buffy, a few demons spilled the beans, per say, about a dark coven forming in your area. Now, demons aren't known for their honesty...However, I suggest you keep an eye out for any sort of strange activity." Giles explained, hoping not to scare the witch too much.

Tara shrugged a little and got more comfortable in her spot. "Thanks for the heads up, Mr. Giles. So far I haven't seen anything. If something does go down, though, I'm going to have to call in reinforcements. I'm only one witch, you know?"

"Don't worry too much about that. A very strong Wicca named Willow Rosenberg is heading into town...Actually, to your college." Giles said, a little distracted

"Really?" Tara's interest was piqued, and she sat up. She tried to mask the utter excitement in her voice. Willow? I can't believe it..."Well, I'll have to look out for her."

"I don't know the full details since I am in England...But Willow has been planning this for a while. Anyway, my tea is boiling so I must attend to that. Please keep in touch if anything happens. And, er, Tara?"

"Hmm, Mr. Giles?" Tara inquired, standing up to stretch her legs.

"Please, keep an eye out for Willow. She...She has been through a lot." Giles explained.

"Sure, sure. I'm sure all of this is just demon talk...you know how they are." Tara used her smooth, reassuring voice to calm the Watcher's nerves.

"Yes, yes I do. Good day, Tara."

Giles hung up promptly, leaving Tara to her own thoughts. The first thought she had was that she probably got grass stains on her business suit, and the second was that she really, really wanted to see Willow Rosenberg again.

Standing, Tara decided to walk off the excited feeling she got in her stomach. The fact that Willow was coming to campus was amazing. I haven't seen her since I was thirteen...She would have to check her class listing to see if Willow was going to be in her first class of the day.

It didn't take long for Tara to speed walk through the underground tunnels to her classroom. Feeling slightly more confident, she said her hellos to fellow teachers and students, a little more excited at the prospect of meeting so many more new people. After spending years in college as the quiet wallflower, Tara hoped to make the transition to a slightly more outgoing woman on this campus. Fauke's University, the school she got her Master's degree at, was huge and unwelcoming. The teachers felt bitter and uncaring, and Tara was glad to be a Chestnut Hill where things seemed entirely different.

The door to what was called a 'Smart Classroom' was locked, but Tara swiped her ID and it opened. She flicked on the lights to the state of the art classroom, glad to see outlets for students to plug in their laptops if they so choose. A flat screen Toshiba television sat to the right of a white board, with a projector screen over head. She had her own, brand new laptop to use in slide show presentations. Glad for the small sized classroom, she sat at her desk and browsed through the class listing. A grin slipped across the woman's face as she read the familiar name.

"Willow Rosenberg."

Last edited by WillWolf on Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Starlit Canopy [New fic]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:22 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 1
Hello WillWolf :)

This start is interesting... I am curious about there story! They do know each other but it was a long time ago.... and they both are single... good.... :)

Thanks for writing,

Julia

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:54 am 
3. Flaming O

Interesting thing is, now that Willow got scared (which you can hardly blame her for), some people could see moving away as a cowardly act, yet the opposite (staying) would be very brave - isn't there an in-between? Woo, Tara as a Psychology teacher, should be good. She's funny too? Tara-funny, I hope. (As opposed to, you know, Xander-funny.) So, she still grow up with those Maclay gits, or has she lived a better life? I see a better life, what with having had Willow in it at some point. Hope to see more of the other Scoobies (Anya! I love Anya. Why don't people use her enough? They're always shoving Willow or Tara with Faith, and while there's nothing wrong with her if written correctly, I love a good Tara-Anya friendship (like in GEEK LOVE!) And as more than a blunt bunny-fearing sex-crazed capitalist, damn it!) soon, wonder if Tara knows any of them. She'd have to know Xander, Jesse (wonder how she takes his death) and Cordelia if she knew Willow at thirteen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:13 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hey! I figured I would get these replies in so I could post another chapter. It explains things a little bit, since I am sure I would have questions if I just read the first chapter.

JujuDeRoussie--Hey, thank you for reading! :) I am glad someone likes this story. I know I do! It's fun to write. And yup, the girls are single and have known each other. I could have made them non-single, but I didn't want to torture the readers anymore then I do in later chapters. Its a couple chapters in before I start to explain their past together. Its so multi faceted that I wanted to take it slow.

MiniShrink--Remember how Willow wanted to keep Tara to herself in the actual BTVS show? Think about that. :-P

The reasons why Willow moved are not totally explained in this chapter, since its just an intro. There is so much more to it then Willow just being afraid of death, which is such a human feeling. Most people make Willow out to be brave, and she is, however I wanted to showcase her struggle with the finality of it all in this fic. (Her moving away was not a 'forever' thing, though.) Also, I wanted to do something that I haven't seen most writers do...of course, I can't say *what* but I think you will like the twist.

The Scoobies *will* make an appearance. I wrote it in the other night, so I have to edit my description, hehe. I originally didn't plan to have it in there, but it makes things so much more interesting.

All right, kittens, on to...CHAPTER TWO!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:33 am 
2. Floating Rose

E-Mail: PM to ask me for it

Rating: R for this chapter[to be safe]. The next chapter is NC-17, so I know you all will be reading then. :D

Distribution: Ask first, please.

Notes: The angst rating for the first couple of chapters is pretty non-existent. There is drama in later chapters, however. Buffy and the Scoobies exist in this fic. It doesn't follow any particular season in the show, but gives you a general idea.

There are no spoilers, either. [I don't think. I mention Slayerettes...Does that count?]

More Notes: Baddies(demons, vamps, etc) do exist in this fic. Its not in the synopsis cause that would ruin the surprise, now wouldn't it? There are also lots of cool developments in Willow and Tara's magickal powers. Read on to find out what!

More, More Notes: I fixed the glaring 'Rosenburg' error to 'Rosenberg'. Note: do not use spell check without reading your story again afterwards, and do not enter teacher's names into your computer. Lesson learned. :P

Synopsis: After Willow Rosenberg is sent to the hospital by a run in with a particularly nasty demon, she realizes its time to move on from Sunnydale. Her close call with death makes her rethink where she is going in life, and she moves first to San Francisco, and then to Philadelphia to study at a small liberal arts school called Chestnut Hill College. That's where she meets Tara Maclay, the shy but funny Psychology teacher and powerful Wicca who instantly takes a liking to Willow.

DISCLAIMER!: I do not own any characters from BTVS, Mutant Enemy does. Chestnut Hill College is a *real* school in Philadelphia, and I also do not own the rights to that. I just wanted to use the name so that people from the area could relate more. Please, don't sue me.

-------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER TWO

Tara didn't need to hear the redhead's name to know who she was. The woman was practically dripping power, and Tara could see in her aura that she was not a force to be messed with. Still, Willow was amiable, and distinctly good, her power used for helping and not hurting. As if the above wasn't enough...Willow was hot.

Dressed in a pair of tight fitting black jeans and a rather adorable purple tee shirt with a kitten on it, Willow had the perfect blend of innocence and something a little...wicked. Her red hair was cropped short, just a bit below her chin, and she carried a laptop bag with her. Tara's blue eyes followed the redhead all the way to her seat, not surprised that Willow was one of the first students there. Tara pretended to be staring intently at her computer as she watched Willow set up.

Willow was currently getting out her laptop, a notebook, and her collection of different colored pens. She found herself staring at the very...nice backside of Ms. Maclay. Well , Willow mused to herself, I was expecting old and crotetchy and instead I got young and spicy... When Ms. Maclay turned in Willow's direction, she audibly gasped. Not only was she gorgeous, but Ms. Maclay was the same woman Willow had dreamt about. She could recognize those eyes anywhere. Tara? Oh no, oh no...Look away, Willow. Abort plan! I can't believe its her. I haven't seen her since I was thirteen..My Goddess I was totally in love with her and here she is again. It wasn't long before Ms. Maclay had caught Willow's gaze and was striding towards her.

The woman's light brown hair was down around her shoulders, a few pieces braided here and there. Her hair curtained her eyes, making the blue stand out all the more. She was dressed in a fitted woman's business suit, making Willow think of the many fantasies she had involving teachers...and cops. Willow knew that Tara was normally shy, but today it seemed different. There was something about Tara, too; something Willow sensed about her. She felt the power of another witch in her.

"Willow Rosenberg?" Tara asked timidly as she stopped in front of Willow, her eyes taking in the sight of the other woman. She had fifteen minutes to make small talk.

"That's me, Ms. Maclay." Willow said in a chipper tone, smiling up at the other woman.

Tara frowned. She always felt so old when people called her 'Ms. Maclay', despite the fact that she was very near in age to her students. "Call me Tara, please." Tara was all business, despite the butterflies in her stomach. She dropped her voice a little, taking a seat next to Willow. "Rupert Giles told me you were coming..."

"Sorry, Tara..." The fact that Tara had introduced herself made Willow realize she didn't remember her. She didn't want to say anything about their childhood in fear of awkwardness. Willow paused, realizing what Tara had said. "You know Giles?" Willow squeaked, a little louder then she had intended. "I mean, I know he's worried about me, but does he really have to tell my teachers to watch out for me? I feel like I'm five!"

Tara sighed, a frown falling on her lips as her forehead creased. Willow didn't remember. "It...It wasn't really about that. Mostly, about the recent...um...activity in the area."

Willow looked around, glad that only a few students had shown up so far, and most of them were idly chatting behind her. "Oh! That! Phew...Here I thought he had notified all of my teachers. And are you...a...you know...too?" She imagined Giles stuffy British self on the phone with all of her teachers, warning them of the powerful witch in their mist.

"Lesbian?" Tara asked, saying the first thing that came to her mind.

Willow started laughing, shaking her head. "Good to know. Me too...But I meant, are you also a witch?"

Tara was glad her gay-dar was still in functioning order. She blushed more, embarrassed that she had spoken so soon after Willow's question. "Oh! Y-Yes, I am. That's why Giles called me. There aren't many other people besides me...The rest are all Blessed WannaBes."

"Totally! I had that same problem when I went to a Wiccan group in Sunnydale..." Willow started, surprised to be interrupted by Tara.

"You went to college in Sunnydale, too? I got my bachelor's degree there." Tara tilted her head. You and I grew up in Sunnydale. together. Come on, say something about it.

"Well, yeah...I lived there my whole life. Weird...I thought you looked familiar. Hey! Did you work at that little bookstore called 'The Attic'?" Willow was hoping Tara would say something about them being friends as kids. Tara looked so different now, Willow decided.

Tara nodded shyly. With her hair cut and something distinctly different about her, Tara was amazed she recognized Willow at all. "I got really worried when you stopped showing up a few times a week...Then I figured you probably found a Barnes and Noble or something."

In reality, Tara had basically searched high and low for Willow. She didn't know where she lived, sure, but she heard Willow talking about the places she hung out at and whatnot. After Tara lost Willow at age thirteen, she didn't want to have a repeat. Even though Tara hadn't mustered up the courage to talk to Willow in the first place, she wanted to have time to do so. Tara even went to the Bronze a few times, but was assured that the redhead she had pined over hadn't been there in weeks.

Willow frowned a little. "I actually was in the hospital for a while and had amnesia...So I forgot a lot, including most facts about The Attic. I mean, I'm pretty scatterbrained as it is, but this made things worse. I was never really a fan for chain bookstores, after all, the Attic had a much cuter cashier." Willow mentally smacked herself. Did I really just say that out loud? God, Willow, get a grip. She probably has a girlfriend now. She doesn't remember you. Even if you remember her...Even if she's been in your dreams for years.

Tara blushed, stammering a bit about the 'cute cashier' line. She didn't know what to say, and easily changed the subject. "What were you in the hospital for?" Tara asked inquisitively.

"A baddie caught me off guard...Long story, cute ex-cashier." Willow felt a burst of confidence but still managed a blush.

Tara grinned, blushing more as Willow complimented her again. "It's okay...To be perfectly honest, I uh..." Realizing that half of the classroom had decided to tune it at that moment, she quickly stopped in her tracks. "I--should talk to you about that after class. Are you free?"

Willow nodded yes, now blushing herself as she heard the guy behind her comment. "We got the hot teacher!" To his buddy. After all, the business suit did accentuate some nice curves on the brown haired woman. Willow couldn't help but stare at the Psychology teacher's ass as she strode away.

Tara cleared her throat, and when that didn't get the class's attention she said, "All right, time for role call."

Willow barely heard Tara say that as she got lost in her own thoughts, setting up the heading to her page on the laptop as she watched Tara move. Even though Tara seemed shy, when she was in front of the classroom she was a totally different person, laughing and joking with the students. It helped, too, that she was close in age to the 'Continuing Education' students, most of whom were over the age of twenty four. Since Willow's life in Sunnydale constantly interrupted her studies, it was nice to get back into the routine of going to school daily.

Tara was starting to give a little speech now, and Willow tuned in. "...so, I know this is the first day of class. I'm not going to jump right into the materials, because I'd like to get to know all of you and have you get to know me. We are lucky to be in a pretty small school, so you don't have to worry about lectures with a hundred people in them. I'm passing out the syllabus now, and it has my phone number and email address on it."

Tara passed them out to the students before taking one for herself. "Now...If I get any prank calls, I'm going to know its someone in this class, and don't be surprised if I prank you back. I can be a bitch, and I will prank your phone at four am the night before a test." This warranted a collective laugh, the students seeming to take to Tara well. "Also, I am a part of the Counseling Center here, so if you need any help, please come see me. My office hours are technically Monday through Friday, 8am til 6pm, but in reality I live five minutes away and I'm pretty damn accessible." She looked at Willow as she said this, blue eyes boring into Willow's green. "If you need anything, anything at all, please don't hesitate to call." And I do mean anything. Tara thought, grinning.

Tara went back to her desk, ready to go over the syllabus when she added. "Calls asking me to come to a keg party, however, will be ignored."

Willow was sure she saw a mischievous glint in Tara's eyes as she said 'anything at all'. Of course, the Psychology teacher obviously meant 'anything' like...demony stuff. God, Willow, you are a pervert. Taking something innocent like that and making it so... She caught Tara staring at her as she spoke to the class, and Willow rethought that thought. Dirty. She's bad...And I like it.

----------------------

It wasn't long before class was over and most students had all ready bolted, a few staying to ask Tara questions about the syllabus. Most of them called her 'Ms. Maclay', despite the fact that she urged them to call her Tara. Willow watched from her desk, grinning, as Tara's forehead crinkled at the sight of an arrogant, thirty-something guy who identified himself loudly as Tom Jones strode confidently up to her. Though she could tell the guy was going to bug her, Willow couldn't help but think that the little forehead crinkle was cute.

"Ms. Maclay...I actually have a question." Tom explained, leaning cooly against Tara's desk as she watched them.

"Question away, Tom." Tara explained, keeping her focus momentarily on her laptop.

"Well, Tara, I was hoping you could join me for dinner sometime this week. I think we would have a lot in common." Tom moved a little closer to Tara, making Willow feel a little strange. Jealous, Willow? Nah. Never! But, please, please don't say yes.

Tara smiled at Tom, trying her best not to sound rude. Be polite, be polite..."I'm sorry, Tom, but I'm pretty busy with school starting." Obviously, your gaydar is malfunctioning. Now get the hell out of my classroom so I can hit on the smokin redhead behind you. Tara thought, shooting a grin Willow's way.

"A raincheck then, Tara? Maybe we could get lunch one day after class. I'm sure I could change your mind about me..." Tom grinned, reaching for Tara's hand a little rougher then she would have liked.

Tara tried hard not to lose her cool, a little shaken at the unwelcome touch. "Tom, really, this...this is i-inappropriate behavior for a classroom setting. I n-need to get b-back to work, I have a lot to do. I a-appreciate the offer, but I'm not interested."

Willow could tell, even from a distance, that Tara was a little shaken. She went to stand up, hoping that would urge Tom out the door. A frown fell over Willow's lips, and she gave Tom the meanest stare she could possibly muster. I haven't heard her stutter like that in ages. He must have really creeped her out.

"Fine, right. Maybe next week." Tom muttered, heading out the door and letting it shut with a resounding slam.

Willow was at Tara's side faster then she even realized she could move. She had been waiting for over an hour to talk to Tara again. "What a dick...Are you okay?" Willow murmured, smiling softly at Tara, wanting to put that strange incident behind her all ready.

"I didn't realize I was so popular with straight men." Tara mused, standing up so she was next to Willow. "I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for him. And yeah, Will, I'm fine...thank you." Gah, bad move, Tara. She doesn't remember you, so calling her 'Will' might be a little too personal.

"Well, it's not exactly hard to see why you are so popular with everyone..." Willow's eyes hungrily trailed over Tara's partially unbuttoned white blouse before she consciously realized what she was doing.

Tara blushed several shades of red and smiled slightly at Willow. "Thank you." Tara took a deep breath. She had been practicing this moment in her head since class started. "I just wanted to say, about earlier...I think you are cute too. I want to get to know you, Willow, since I was too chicken in Sunnydale. And I'd really like to know if you are free tonight. I still have a few more classes until my day is over." Please say yes. Please, please, please...

"Well, considering I just moved to Philadelphia, my only friend is a goldfish named Spot, and I have no social life...I mean, yes. I'd really like that. I'd like to get to know you too." Willow stopped herself mid rant and grinned at Tara.

"Great! Do you have classes today? If you do, it'd be really easy just to meet around campus somewhere. Then we could go out somewhere for dinner in Chestnut Hill...If you want to , obviously." Tara didn't want to come on too strong, but damn did she want to go out with Willow.

"I have Physics and some programming class...So that makes a lot of sense. How about we meet at the gates at 4pm? But, uhm, I have to change first. So, make that like five. I'll take my bike home, change, and then bike back." Willow motioned to her purple top. "Purple kitties don't exactly go over well in fancy restaurants."

Tara was a little closer to Willow now, her voice distinctly lower. "I think you look beautiful the way you are. Purple kitties are adorable. But, if you want I can pick you up at your place whenever you are ready and we can head out. Biking in fancy clothes doesn't exactly go over well, either." Tara could use that time to slip into something less stuffy. Business suits were great to make first impressions, but otherwise they were just plain itchy.

Willow grinned over at Tara, giving the other woman's hand a gentle squeeze before nodding enthusiastically. "Its date, then." It took every ounce of Willow's willpower to *not* do a dance right there. Still, she shimmied a little bit as she stood, warranting a wide grin from Tara.

Score one for team Willow! She may not remember me but...Maybe I can change that.

Last edited by WillWolf on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:52 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

DIBS I guess ^^

Oh I am more curious now... and also want the NC 17 part hehehehe ^^

This Tom needs a little kick in his ass!

Good update... I can totally imagine Tara in her outfit.. and... hmmmm she looks hot! :)

For Willow being innocent yet wicked... purple kitties and tight black pants? yep.. innocent yet wicked! And she seems to want Tara being bad huh? Who wouldn't? ^^

Thank you :)

Hope there will be more soon :)

Julia

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

Post subject: Re: Starlit Canopy [New fic...It's Rosenberg, spell check!]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:47 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

:read GREAT start! can't wait to read more

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:57 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky I am hooked and panting for more ..MUCH more goddess this is going to be great! You have me squirming in my seat as we speak. boy I have been out of the loop lately to miss this gem of a story. :glasses

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:45 pm 
3. Flaming O

quick feedback because I have to go to work:

Willwolf:
A story in Philadelphia? Finally! It's nice to see another Philly kitten
I've never heard of Chestnut Hill College, but I spend most of my time in Center City/South Philly.

About the story:
So Willow has left Cali (I'm assuming sometime around S7...if there are slayerettes), and moved across the country, where she already has met Tara when she was a teen? Okay...just catching myself up. Sounds great to me. Giles seems to have pushed them together quickly, hmm? Also fate. Yes. I'm awaiting smoochies and the magics.

...and for not making Tara a blonde (because she's not, really), I give you a 2AM pretzal from that place on 9th St.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:13 pm 
2. Floating Rose

So, I'm a reply whore, what can I say! Part of me really wants me to post Chapter Three, but that would be posting three chapters within the span of a day, and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. So, I'm contemplating that. In the mean time...feedback!

whatmakesyouhappy :Thanks for reading! The next chapter should be posted within the next day or two.

Dianneswillowtree : So squirmy and I haven't even gotten to the sex yet! *Grins* Thanks for the compliments, I think I'm blushing.

Shaucker : Chestnut Hill College is fairly new to me, as well. I am used to hanging around Center City/South Philly. Our girls will surely make a trip to the gayborhood sometime later on.

Giles is good for something other then cleaning his glasses with shirt, y'know. :P *Happily munches on the pretzel and offers you some coffee from Brew HaHa, which is overpriced anyway.*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:35 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

So Willow is prone to amnesia, huh?
Let's hope Tara goes easy on her and doesn't succumb to the temptation of suggestion and plant ideas in Willow's head.
Although Willow's fantasies about teachers and cops need to be explored in greater detail, the visual imagery of Tara in a business suit makes me want to stay after class.
I'm not creepy or stalkery like Tom, I can assure you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:10 pm 
9. Gay Now

Forgive the lateness of my feedback, or the lack of any at all really. This is a really great start you've got here. I like that both women are bold and not going the secretive "I like you, but you don't know it" route. It's a refreshing change :)

Also, you've got a fun writing style. I'm intrigued. Definitely looking forward to an update.

~Sara

Find out in Speak Easy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:39 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Aye, in agreement with all the other feedback. This is a great story you're writing and I'm enjoying it a lot. Looking forward to more.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:21 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I have to agree with the others here I truley really like this story :pride

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:44 pm 
2. Floating Rose

More feedback! You kittens rawk!

taralicious : Like bootylicious...with a Tara in front. Hmm. Though Tara is bad she's not *that* evil. I think the only ideas Tara would plant into Willow's head would probably involve sex, cops, teachers and handcuffs. At least two of these things will be explored in later stories. Even if you are like Tom, stalkers can be a tad endearing...

tazraven : Any feedback at all is appreciated! You can write it today, tomorrow, next week...I just want to know people are reading and enjoying. I think it's interesting to have them be more bold, not too far from how they were in the show. Plus, after the girls got separated the first(and second) time, neither is about to let that happen again. Thanks for reading! :D

maudmac : I'm so, so glad you like it. There will be more! Lots, lots more. The next update is steamy, so turn on your AC!

Taraiswillow’ssoul : Well, I'm going to post the smut tonight...Just in case you weren't sure if you wanted to keep reading or not. ;-)

Next update will be posted within the next hour! I have to keep moving the chapters from IMac to Windows computer. Believe it or not, I have written 20,000 words so far of this fic! [That's chapter 11, for all those keeping count.] Stay tuned!

There wasn't an answer to that. Sometime during the last six years, they each made their fortune. But in that process they had lost their souls.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:12 pm 
2. Floating Rose

E-Mail: PM to ask me for it grin

Rating: NC-17! Smut, smut!

Distribution: Ask first, please. grin

More notes!: If I'm feeling generous, I'll post Chapter 4 tonight or tomorrow.

---------------------------

CHAPTER THREE

Tara could barely pay attention to anything else but the image of Willow in her mind all day. The saucy girl with freckles, gorgeous green eyes, and adorable red hair played out in many fantasies in Tara's perverted brain throughout the classes she taught, making her wish she had access to a cold shower. When the day was finally over, she left the classroom in a daze, heading home to pick something out to wear. The ride down Germantown Avenue was short, and she passed Willow's apartment on the way up to her own apartment.

Tara was glad to come home to the quiet of her apartment. Her apartment had a very earthy feel to it, with white faerie lights on the walls of both the living room and her bedroom. The few throw rugs that she had were fluffy and white, and most of her shelves contained books and statues. She had a huge mantle towards the front of her living room which held more books, most on Psychology and Wicca. The living room itself had an earth green sofa and an arm chair near one of the windows. It was small, but efficient. Laying her laptop bag by the door, she padded into her bedroom. It too had faerie lights on the walls, with shelves filled to the brim with books and candles. She had a plush, purple rug on her floor and natural wood bureaus. Her computer desk, also natural wood, had a small pile of papers and a desktop computer on it. Next to the desktop computer were a bunch of old, open books, written in what looked like Greek. Her walls were painted a dark shade of purple, with little knicknacks and decorations on the shelves.

She slid over to her walk in closet, humming. She had lots of skirts, jeans, turtle necks, dress shirts, business suits, and a dress or two.

"What to wear..." Tara pondered, poking through her closet. She had a good hour and a half before she had to pick up Willow, giving her plenty of time to shower and get ready.

Tara undressed as soon as she found her bathrobe, slipping into the fluffy white robe and some slippers as she meandered around. Everywhere she went, the image of Willow entered her mind. She could picture the redhead in her mind's eye as she tried to pick out an outfit, talking to her goldfish, Spot. It just seems like a Willow thing to do. She's so damn cute.

Tara put a pot of tea on the stove, wanting to relax before she did anything. Pulling her blackberry out of her robe pocket, she hit speed dial number one, needing advice.

"Chuck Norris, how may I help you Ms. Maclay?" The slow, southern drawl of her friend Chuck came over the speaker.

"Very funny, smartass. Have you gotten any of my text messages today?" Tara asked eagerly, practically sitting on the edge of her kitchen chair.

"Yes I have, darlin', however some of us work. So, you landed a date with a hot redhead. And she's your student. Tsk tsk, I think your morals are going down the drain." Chuck laughed. Tara could hear him typing, his fingers working at coding whatever it was he coded. Chuck worked as a computer programmer for a company out in San Francisco, where he worked on some video game. Tara had played it before, but video games weren't really her thing. She was more of a comic book gal. That was actually how Chuck had met Tara; he asked her for a recommendation on a comic book when she worked at The Attic.

"Yeah, and I don't know what to wear, Chuck. I don't want to be too fancy, but at the same time I don't want to look like a slob, and what if she doesn't like me?" Tara said, sighing as her pot started to boil over. Not even Chuck knew that Willow and Tara had been close as youngsters. It was a secret that Tara kept close to her heart for most of her life.

"Woah, calm down there, kiddo. Considering what you texted me, she is uber interested in you. As far as outfits goes, I really like how you look in those sexy black dress pants and the red, slightly revealing shirt you have. You know which one I mean?" Chuck's voice was soothing, despite his ever-present sarcastic tone.

"I was thinking that, too...Is it too much if I take her to Cin Cin? Y'know, that fancy Thai place?" Tara asked, hoping he'd agree that it was a good idea. It wasn't that she constantly needed someone to tell her what to do as far as women went, but Tara was exceptionally nervous about Willow. There was just something...different about her.

"Wow, Tara, I don't ever think I've heard you this nervous over a girl. Are you okay? And yes, Cin Cin is perfectly acceptable. I'm sure she'll love it." Chuck smiled a little, glad that Tara finally got to obsess over a cute girl.

"Yeah, I'm fine...She's just really great. I mean, I could go on forever about her and I just met her." Tara checked the time on the clock. She needed to get ready. "Shit, Chuck, I gotta get ready. I can't be late, talk to you later!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fuck, fuck, I'm coming!"

Tara was knocking on the door when she heard Willow yelling from the inside. Vaguely, Tara wondered if she was interrupting something and considered turning back to her car. The door swung open, however, to reveal Willow hopping up and down on one foot. She had banged her knee on the table in her rush to get up and answer the door, and now not only did she look stupid, she felt really dumb, too.

Tara was instantly by her side, worried the other woman had really hurt herself. "Are you okay, Willow? Do I need to drive you to the hospital? Did you break something--"

Willow waved a hand before Tara could speak, flattered by her caring attitude. "No...Fuck...I'm fine. I'm just a clutz." She finally stood on her own two feet, done dealing with the pain in her knee. That's when she got a good look at Tara. And, boy, does she looking fucking...stunning. Willow thought as she stared at Tara, taking in her appearance from head to toe. Tara was doing the same thing, each woman silent for moments on end as they took in each other's appearance.

Did I die and go to heaven? Tara wondered aloud, almost pinching herself as she glimpsed again at Willow. The fiery redhead was dressed in a longish black skirt, a slit running from thigh to ankle on both sides, revealing a fair amount of Willow's toned legs. A corset like black top accentuated her upper frame, leaving much room for Tara's imagination to play with the idea of the fair amount of cleavage showing. Willow's hair was down, slightly curly around the edges, framing her porcelain face nicely. A small amount of makeup was applied, as well, bringing out those green eyes more. Yes, I have. I have died and gone to heaven. And if I died right now...I think I'd be pretty damn content. Tara was effectively speechless.

Willow, too, was finding it harder and harder to spit out a sentence that sounded vaguely like the English language. "I--you--mgrh-hot." Willow managed as she tried hard to pull her gaze from Tara's gorgeous rack.

Finally, her eyes allowed her to take in Tara's outfit as a whole. A pair of dark black dress pants, a little too tight in all of the right places, hugged Tara's slender frame nicely. Especially her ass... Willow thought as she moved her eyes up to the sleek, dark crimson, button down shirt Tara was wearing. The buttons were undone just enough to look sexy, and just enough to give Willow a glimpse of what lurked beneath her shirt. Tara's hair was lightly curled, the light brown locks cascading all around her.

Finally, Tara said something that almost made Willow melt right there. "Willow, you are the most beautiful woman I've ever fucking laid eyes on. Can...Can we just skip dinner? Can you just be kissing me now?"

Tara felt a rising desire to be close to Willow. She would do anything in her power to experience the sparks she felt when the woman brushed against her, except on a larger scale. She wanted...no, she needed to feel the other woman's bare flesh against hers. Not necessarily sex, I just need to feel her. Tara contemplated. Just like that, the gap between them was closed. Willow's arm snaked hungrily around Tara's waist, and Tara's arms wrapped around Willow's shoulders. Tara could feel the chemistry between them crackle in the air. She could feel the need, the unbridled desire, the lust...everything, everything was so overpowering that her head was spinning.

Willow didn't skip a beat, and soon, her mouth was upon Tara's and they were locked in what must have been the most amazing kiss to occur on this earth. Stars floated behind her closed eyes, and Willow let her tongue explore Tara's mouth eagerly, her hands wandering along the small of Tara's back. Tara was returning the kiss, unable to understand how so much emotion could be packed in one simple action. It caused a moan to stirr up from her throat, making Willow moan a little herself.

There was something between the two, something undeniably powerful. Willow had felt like it had been ignored for so long, pushed aside because of everything else, and now, here it was, exploding everywhere. It manifested when Willow and Tara knew each other many moons ago, an unspoken but undeniable connection starting between the two. Finally, Willow could express herself tangibly, no longer fighting for words as Tara and they kissed the whole way to the redhead's bedroom. No words were spoken as clothes were removed, thrown haphazardly to and fro. They would worry about it tomorrow morning.

Tara lost track of who was undressing who, and to be frank, she didn't care. All that mattered that they were both naked, and Willow was pressing her to the bed, still kissing her. Then Willow's hands were sliding down her naked torso, sending sparks of pleasure through her body. Goosebumps rose all along her arms and the back of her neck, and Tara let her hands slide through Willow's tresses absentmindedly.

Willow could feel that Tara needed the touches as much as she did. She could feel sparks of magick, or maybe that was her imagination, coming off of Tara's fingertips, like them being together caused so much electricity. Tara could see it, too, but she told herself that she was hallucinating. Focus on the task at hand, Tara. She told herself.

She needn't reprimand herself again as Willow's soft mouth found one nipple, and then another, the slow teases of the redhead driving her mad. Willow let her kisses travel up to Tara's neck, noting that each kiss caused Tara to inhale sharply. Soon, she was nipping and kissing and sucking all along Tara's neck and collarbone, her leg pressing in between the other girl's thigh as they found a steady rhythm together. They both knew that there was something extremely erotic about feeling another's wetness, their arousal, and therefore Willow kept the rhythm. The were so lost in each other that they didn't know who was moaning, who begun and ended at what limbs.

Their sex wasn't rough, or gentle, or any combination, it just was. Willow and Tara existed, momentarily, in a space that had no sense of time or anything else but each other.The air was heavy with magick as Willow slid down Tara's body, trailing kisses over her toned abdomen, teasing the woman more before she rightfully pleasured her. Each teasing kiss or nip practically threw Tara over the edge, and all ready she was begging. "Will...Please..."

In the throes of passion, Willow decided, it is extremely difficult to be a proper tease.

The 'please' that emitted from Tara's mouth was so hot that it made Willow growl, her mouth kissing over curly brown locks before her tongue slid over the girl's clit. She could feel Tara's whole body react to the touches, those same sparks flickering through the air though Willow didn't know who they were coming from. Willow, usually bumbling, clutzy and babbly, was dominant and knew exactly what to do. There was just something about Tara that gave her the power to just be, without thinking about being human and making mistakes. There was something about these moments where Willow didn't think, or worry, or realize that anything besides the two women existed.

Their moans were still lingering together as Willow stroked Tara's clit with her tongue, two fingers sliding into Tara's wet opening and then slowly pulling out again. Tara felt her hips buck at the sensation, like her whole body was melting away. She couldn't make the words come out, but in her mind she thought, Oh fuck, that feels so good...

"I know, baby." Willow murmured out loud. Neither dwelled on what just happened, too lost in their own world.

Tara gasped as Willow continued the steady rocking of her tongue against her clit, the sensation of Willow filling her making her moan in rapid succession, her body being pushed dangerously close to its limits. But Willow persisted, her fingers sliding in and out of her lover faster, making Tara's whole body shudder. It was like she could feel an electric current running throughout her body, and after a long moment Tara started to come, her hips buckling and her back arching as she let out a guttural cry.

Willow didn't stop, and instead pushed the woman into a second orgasm, her whole body shivering too as she felt like she could come just from watching Tara. Unable to contain herself, Willow used her free hand to touch herself as the other woman came, urging on her own orgasm. It didn't take long, and Willow moaned along with Tara as they both shuddered. She felt Tara's small hands holding on to her shoulders for dear life, another loud moan escaping from Tara's lips before Willow started to slow down, feeling Tara's body start to come down as Willow allowed. Moments passed in silence as Willow came up, her body entangling itself with Tara's, content to listen to her panting and the near silent thump, thump of Tara's heart in her chest.

"I just...Need...Minute." Tara managed to breathe out, her whole body tingling as if she were overflowing with electric currents.

"It's fine..." Willow reassured in a calming tone, her body tingling and sparking. "I couldn't help it, I finished too...And it was amazing...." Now who can't talk? Willow thought, smirking.

"That was amazing...Sleep now..." Tara drifted off in Willow's arms, her body seeming to get heavy in Willow's arms. It wasn't long, too, before Willow drifted off, her head nestled on top of Tara's, their bodies a tangle of limbs.

Though neither woman realized it, a soft, amber glow was surrounding them, making them appear heavenly as they each respectively passed into their dreams.

There wasn't an answer to that. Sometime during the last six years, they each made their fortune. But in that process they had lost their souls.

Last edited by WillWolf on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:23 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Dibs :pinky I am so needing a cold shower right now that was Hot. I have steam and flames coming off me in waves. Fast someone call the fire trucks I need to be hosed off!!!!! :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud Did I mention that I love your story :wtkiss

Post subject: Re: Starlit Canopy [New fic...Smut alert. UPDATE 8/2/07]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:04 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Dude!

Niiice!

Very nice. As I've said before on this board, I can't begin to break down smut, so I can't here either. Just well done. Lots of energy and heat and wow! You certainly aren't afraid of a little smut, and I'm glad you shared it with us.

Well done.

Diane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:43 am 
3. Flaming O

Well, that was quite hot. And while I have nothing of value to comment on about the sex scenes, I'll throw in what I liked about the leadup.

Quote:
She had a plush, purple rug on her floor and natural wood bureaus. Her computer desk, also natural wood,

As a woodworker, I'll say that real furniture is sexy. And it seems a Tara thing to do.

Quote:
Chuck Norris

You know, they say that that under Chuck Norris' beard there is no chin. There is only another fist.

Quote:
The door swung open, however, to reveal Willow hopping up and down on one foot. She had banged her knee on the table in her rush to get up and answer the door, and now not only did she look stupid, she felt really dumb, too.

I really liked this. It seemed like such an actual exchange...not in my life, though. I play off like it doesn't hurt and weep in pain inside my head. Willow's cursing added to the funny.

Digging the story, waiting for more.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:57 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Hey there :)

Nice update :)

I am glad I hadn't time to read this before to go to work... I would have appear a little... strange for my coworkers. Lol

Now I am very confused about their past "relationship"... They did know each other. Tara had feelings for her. Willow was in love with her. She rememered that but doesn't remember much more. My brain is all running in theories about all of that. Wanna know what happened to them before... And some smut too?
I know angst is coming.. But... It can be ansgt coming AND other things coming ^^

lol

Have a good day Will.

Thanks for your nice update :)

Julia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:34 am 
9. Gay Now

Wow, nice. That was a great bit-o-smut you just treated us to. Once again, I applaud both your writing style and the the forwardness of our girls.

Quote:
"Chuck Norris, how may I help you Ms. Maclay?"

I think I love him.

Your characters are fun, believable, and know what they want. I can't wait to see more of this. Kudos.

~Sara

Find out in Speak Easy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:36 am 
2. Floating Rose

Not that we've all taken cold showers...On to the feedback!

Dianneswillowtree : *Puts out your extra flamey-ness* Did I mention that I love your feedback? Hehe! Glad you enjoyed it.

dlline : DUUUUDDDEEE!

Hehe. I'm never afraid to share smut. After all of those years of secretly missing each other, of course they are gonna be horny, damnit! ;-) (Or, maybe I just like writing sex scenes.)

Shaucker : Tara is a natural wood lovin, brown haired beauty. :P Actually, interesting that you are a woodworker...*PMs you*

Quote:
You know, they say that that under Chuck Norris' beard there is no chin. There is only another fist.

Chuck Norris recently had the idea to sell his urine as a canned beverage. We know this beverage as Red Bull.

I try to make Tara and Willow as 'real' as possible. I imagine things I would do...and Willow hitting her knee is one of them. Falling a lot is also one of them. Thanks for reading. :D

JujuDeRoussie : I'm also glad you didn't have to read this before work...for your co-workers sake.

As far as Willow and Tara's relationship goes...its complicated. It will begin to unravel within the next two or three chapters, but for now they both think that they other doesn't remember. Imagine what would happen if you said, "Hey, remember when we kissed when we were twelve?" and the person you were talking to didn't remember. They are both afraid of the awkwardness that could ensue, and are happily pushing it aside until later.

And yes, Angst is about to rear its ugly head. It doesn't get really angsty until chapter nineish, I think. But mild angst warning up ahead, for now.

tazraven : Yay! Glad you liked my bit-o-smut. :D I really like Willow and Tara being forward with each other. I prefer to dose out angst in other ways. It just makes more sense in my brain. In my head, I don't see them dancing around each other...I see them going right for it. Plus, both have gone through things to make them have a 'seize the day' attitude. I'm flattered that you like my style!

-----------------------------------------

Okay, so I'm probably going to post chapter four soon. These are what I call my 'exposition' chapters, and I wanted to post them pretty close together so as not to confuse people. The first four chapters really line everything up. Plus, I'm starting a new job and I'm going to be mad busy so I wanted to get my ducks in a row so I can start posting once or twice a week.

Happy reading!

Last edited by WillWolf on Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:39 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

WillWolf wrote:
Not that we've all taken cold showers...On to the feedback!

JujuDeRoussie : I'm also glad you didn't have to read this before work...for your co-workers sake.

As far as Willow and Tara's relationship goes...its complicated. It will begin to unravel within the next two or three chapters, but for now they both think that they other doesn't remember. Imagine what would happen if you said, "Hey, remember when we kissed when we were twelve?" and the person you were talking to didn't remember. They are both afraid of the awkwardness that could ensue, and are happily pushing it aside until later.

And yes, Angst is about to rear its ugly head. It doesn't get really angsty until chapter nineish, I think. But mild angst warning up ahead, for now.

Spoiler a bit much? So they kissed... no less.

Lol

Can't wait.!

Last edited by JujuDeRoussie on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:42 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hey, I can spoiler my own writing! :P Honestly, its a teeny spoiler. There's way, way more then that ahead.

Post subject: Re: Starlit Canopy [New fic...Smut alert. UPDATE 8/3/07]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:27 am 
2. Floating Rose

E-Mail: PM to ask me for it

Rating: R for this chapter[to be safe].

Distribution: Ask first, please.

Notes: Teeny tiny bit o' angst ahead, kitties.

There are no spoilers, either, so far. [I don't think. I mention Slayerettes...Does that count?] In later chapters I make hints to things that happened in S7.

Synopsis: See Chapter one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER FOUR

If Tara hadn't awoken, cozied up in a snoring redhead's arms, she would have been positive that the nights previous events were a dream. According to Tara's beliefs, such amazing, magickal, and fucking mind-blowing sex did not exist. But it had happened, really happened, and Tara knew she wasn't dreaming because she could barely move an inch.

She stared at the redhead sleeping next to her, taking the time to brush a strand of hair out of the lightly snoring girl's face. She watched Willow's angelic face for a few minutes, taking in her freckles and the soft glow that her skin seemed to have. Willow was heavily off in dream land, and probably wouldn't return for a good while now. Tara was glad, because she loved staring at Willow, just as she had so many years before.

"Fuck." Tara said, a little loudly, as she stared at the clock. Both she and Willow had class in forty minutes. She hated to wake up Willow when she looked so peaceful, but Tara was teaching a Sociology class that Willow had signed up for. After Tara found Willow's name in her class, she looked up the woman's class schedule. Without memorizing it, of course. Tara would be teaching Willow twice a week.

Tara's mind momentarily buzzed with the previous night's events. She remembered the sparks she saw, and she was pretty damn sure Willow read her mind.

Willow felt herself being gently stirred awake, though her mind was still heavily in her dream. She was running, fast, and she could hear herself say. "I have to find Tara."

Willow felt like she was running forever, looking over her shoulder every so often. She stumbled into a clearing, gasping as she saw a circle of cloaked people. They were all dressed in black, hoods drawn up as they circled a large, spray painted pentagram. Tara was in the middle, unconscious. Not dead. Willow assured herself, because she could feel that Tara was alive. The place was familiar. It had to be somewhere on campus...but where?

Without warning, she was ripped from her dream, her body finally responding to Tara's pleas. "Willow?"

"Mmph...Yeah?" Willow struggled to open her eyes, realizing that Tara hadn't moved so as not to jar Willow awake.

"I think you were having a bad dream...You were mumbling. And we have class in like...thirty minutes." Tara explained.

Willow sat up, kissing Tara on the cheek. "Can we just sleep in?" Did I really just say that? Who are you and what have you done with Willow Rosenberg!

Tara shook her head, showering Willow with small kisses all along her face and neck. "No, sweetie, we can't. I think I can bribe you, though. We can shower together...to save time... and I'll drive us to school..."

Willow was up and heading towards the bathroom before Tara had a chance to finish.

-----------------------------------

The fact that Tara was late to her first Sociology class was not good.

She and Willow barged into the classroom, both red faced and panting like they had just run a marathon. How was Willow supposed to know that they were going to take so long to shower? After all, it wasn't her fault Tara couldn't keep her paws off of Willow, making up for falling asleep on Willow the night before. Not that I minded in the first place... Willow pondered.

Still, now they had the attention of the whole classroom. Willow slunk into the first available seat, sliding her laptop bag on the table. Both Tara and she were dressed in the garb from the night before, giving them even more stares. The guy next to Willow was all ready oogling her; she could feel his eyes boring into her.

"I apologize for being late. As most of you know, sometimes...Outstanding circumstances," Or hot redheads... "Sometimes make it impossible to get to class on time. I assure you all that it won't happen again. Now then...Time for role call." Tara smiled and looked around at the class. "Geez, you don't have to all look so stuffy. Relax a little, I don't bite."

Actually, she does. Willow thought, squirming a little and watching Tara as she called role. The guy next to Willow poked her a little in the arm. What the hell? She looked over at him, raising an eyebrow. It was Tom Jones, the annoying guy who was hitting on Tara yesterday.

"Psst, Willow..." Tom called, making Willow feel like she was in high school. Tara hadn't noticed the disturbance; she was making jokes with the class about something or other.

Obviously, ignoring him didn't work, so Willow responded. "Yeah?"

Tom slipped her a piece of paper, which Willow curiously unfolded. There was a date on it, a week from now, the words 'Wiccan Group Forming' and a time on it. She hesitantly glanced at the clock, trying to look away from Tom. "Er...thanks, but no thanks. Not really my thing."

"I figured you'd be interested. You should come check it out, even if it isn't your 'thing'." He nodded towards Tara. "And if you can get her to come...She totally is into me."

Willow shuddered, involuntarily growling a little. Man, this guy was dense. Willow didn't respond to that, pretending like Tom momentarily didn't exist.

------------------

Cin Cin was as beautiful inside as it was on the outside. The Thai restaurant had beautiful artwork on the walls. It was dimly lit, with candles on each table, creating a romantic atmosphere. The rugs were thick, plush, and dark crimson. The building was full of exposed brick walls and natural lighting, making Willow feel instantly at home.

Tara smiled at Willow from across the table, glad to finally see the redhead after nearly a week. Tara's workload had increased significantly since the first day of school, and she found herself staying later and later in her office, assisting students, basically running the Counseling Center, and keeping up with her classes. She and Willow had spoken briefly in the halls, and Willow called her when they were both free, but free time was becoming rare. So, Tara was glad for this period of relaxation, where she could finally breach the topic of the strange, magickal connection they seemed to have. She noticed the whole...mind reading thing when they had first made love, but now things were getting weird. Willow kept calling Tara with reoccuring nightmares. She kept seeing a dark coven meeting, slaughtering animals, and chanting. Occasionally, Willow said she saw Tara in the middle of their huge pentagram, unconscious. Tara wanted to leave it all behind for tonight, the bad stuff, that is. The magickal connection between them could be talked about, but anything beyond that stressed out Willow.

"Tara?" Willow watched Tara, lost in her own thoughts, curious what was going through the mind of Ms.Maclay.

"Hmm? Oh, sorry, I got lost for a second there." Tara reached across the table and took Willow's hands in her own. She was glad the waiter was taking his time to ask for their food order.

"You said you wanted to talk to me about something. What's up?" Willow gently stroked Tara's hand with her thumb.

"I--"

"Hello, ladies. My name is Lin and I will be your server for tonight...Can I get you both something to drink?" A pleasant Asian man interrupted Tara's train of thought.

"Actually, yes. Can I have a glass of Pinot Gregorio? Also, I'll have the chicken in the spicy peanut sauce." Tara looked to Willow, smiling at the waiter. "What about you?"

Willow quirked an eyebrow. "It's like you read my mind...I'll have the same, on both fronts."

Lin nodded and took their dinner and wine menus, smiling softly. "It'll be right up."

Tara watched as Lin disappeared, looking to Willow. "That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. The first night we made love..." Her voice dropped a little to discourage eavesdroppers. "You read my mind. And...there were literally magickal sparks everywhere. Did you notice, too?"

"That's just because I'm so hot in bed...I was on fi-yah!" Willow teased, emphasizing the word 'fire' and giggling.

Tara shook her head, laughing. "You are so lame. Seriously, Will. Am I nuts or did that happen?"

Willow nodded, still smiling at her own joke. "I did notice. I didn't do it on purpose, really. To me, it felt like you said it out loud but I knew you really didn't...If that makes sense. And yeah, I noticed the sparks. I don't know who was making them, but sometimes they were purple and other times they were red." Willow inhaled sharply as she remembered that night, and the morning after. When they made love, it was honestly the most amazing thing she ever felt.

"I could feel it in the air, you know? My magick has never been so...different before. I felt like all around us was electric or something." Tara found it hard to explain in words.

Lin came over with their wine, disappearing after the two thanked him.

"It's something I'm going to have to research. I mean, I don't mind it, but I really don't want to be poking around your thoughts on accident again. In that case it was useful, but the mind of Tara seems to be a tricky one..." Willow grinned, easily falling into an airy, happy conversation.

"As if the mind of Willow isn't!" Tara retorted.

"No, the mind of Willow is filled with images of Ms. Maclay." Willow let said images float through her mind, prompted by the very hot brunette sitting in front of her.

"Oh? You'll have to tell me about them sometime..." Tara momentarily saw images of herself floating through her head, but quickly shook them aside. Weird.

"There's a time and place for everything, Tara. I really doubt you want me to go into explicit detail about how you--"

"Ladies!" Exclaimed Lin as he brought their plates over. "I have your dinner. Enjoy!"

Tara and Willow looked over at each other nervously, hoping that Lin hadn't caught the beginnings of a very, very unwholesome conversation.

"Right, so where was I?" Willow started. "Oh, yeah. So, in my mind, I see you in the classroom in that sexy business suit, and then I come in. And you push me down on the desk and--"

"Will!" Tara squeaked, blushing and squirming as she looked around. She dropped her voice, visibly flustered and turned on. "We're in public!"

"Well," Willow said deviously, "You said you wanted to know about the mind of Willow."

"Later." Tara hissed, making Willow laugh. It helped that the wine was making her giddy.

"Ms. Maclay, I know there is a hint of an exhibitionist behind that innocent facade of yours. You just have to let it out." Willow grinned.

"Geez, somebody wants to go home and get a spanking..." Tara retorted before she continued eating her chicken and rice.

"Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. But I'll only agree if you wear all leather." Willow laughed. She was finally glad to go on an actually date with Tara. Not that last week disappointed her... She just wanted to get to know Tara a little better.

"Switching topics now!" Tara decided, giving Willow a look from across the table."So," Tara paused as she swallowed her food. "You never told me what made you come live in Philadelphia of all places."

Willow pondered this question as she stabbed at chicken with her fork, narrowly avoiding flinging the piece of food across the room by accident. "Well, I don't exactly know. I felt drawn, you know? I kept having these dreams that showed me the 'Love' sign that is in Love Park..." Willow trailed off. She didn't want to say the other part. She still wasn't sure if she wanted Tara to know that she had saw Tara in her dreams, too, standing in the park with her. It might make things weird. "Plus, I wanted to get away from San Francisco. Ever since I got out of the hospital, I felt so on edge and nervous and depressed. I think I needed a break from all of the near-death experiences. How about you?" And Buffy causing near-death experiences. Willow thought darkly.

"My family." Tara said simply before explaining. "They are messed up, you know? I was tired of them always causing me pain and I wanted to start anew. I felt like I could never be myself until I moved away. Ever since my mom died...My dad wasn't the same. It was a lot of different things, but mostly them."

"I'm sorry...About your mom, I mean. I know it's a stupid thing to say..."

Tara took Willow's hand from across the table, picking it up to kiss her lover's hand. "Willow. Look at me." Willow's gaze met Tara's blue eyes. "It's not stupid. I don't think its possible for you to say anything stupid. You are the most amazing woman I have met in my life." Something was nagging at Tara to say the next part. "Don't ever forget that, okay?"

Willow nodded, stroking Tara's hand a little. "Look, Tara...I know this is going to sound st--weird." She tried not to say stupid. "But, I've never felt as connected to anyone as I do you. Just when you hold my hand there is this energy that drives me wild. Every time I touch you I can feel the lo--" Willow stopped herself. What am I saying? It was like this before...But she doesn't remember. Too soon, Willow.

As if literally saved by the bell, Tara's cell phone started ringing. She looked to Willow apologetically, and then confusion came across her face as she saw who it was. She answered on her Bluetooth, pressing the little button on her ear-piece.

"Ms. Maclay?" A gruff voice came into her ear.

"Yes, Mr. Williams?" Tara was surprised to find the President of Chestnut Hill College calling her. "Anthony Williams." Tara mouthed to Willow at her confused look.

"We request your presence on campus. It is extremely important. I would not suggest walking around campus on your own. Please, meet me in my office as soon as you can get here." Mr. Williams sounded concerned for Tara.

"Yes, sir. May...May I ask what the problem is?" Tara felt like a child being called into the principal's office.

"You have done nothing wrong, Ms. Maclay. Quite the contrary. However, this is not a matter I wish to discuss on the phone, and it has nothing to do with your teaching. Get here as soon as you can." Anthony explained, rubbing his hand across his face.

"All right, Mr. Williams. I'm leaving now." Tara shook her head, utterly confused.

---------------------

Anthony Williams was sitting in relative silence with the three officers until he suddenly jumped up. His office was smallish, with a desk, chairs, filing cabinets and papers everywhere.

"Let me see a copy of the letter again. Has campus been secured?" He said gruffly to a male officer who passed him a piece of paper. "Ms. Maclay is on her way. Are you sure this somehow isn't some kind of...mistake? Joke?" He stared at the letter, the color draining from his face like it did the first time he read it.

"Yes, campus is secured. No, sir. These people are serious. There is no question about it. If the are willing to kill a--"

Anthony cut him off. "I don't want to think about it." He felt sick to his stomach. He had to see her, dead, and that was enough. "I understand. They want Tara Maclay dead. Just...Just like her."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:30 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

DIBS ^^

Two updates today for me :)

First: I don't like Willow's nightmarre.
Second: that's something everyone should knows: there is not "save time" in a shower between two lovers.
Third: the more you give details about the past, th emore I get lost. Lol... Willow knew it was Tara in her dreams? Buffy is responsible of Willow's accident? Tara wearing leather? :smash

Thanks, and no I don't want to know more than what I will discover little by little ^^ No spoiler for me... ;-)

Julia

Last edited by JujuDeRoussie on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:36 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Great update. I was a bit confused for a second - i thought Tara went to Willow's to pick her up, but later you wrote that they went to the brunette's bedroom.

Of course, what happened after that really didn't allow my mind to linger one where they were. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:34 am 
2. Floating Rose

JujuDeRoussie: *Offers candy and other assortments for accidentally leaking a spoiler* I made you a cookie...but I eated it.

I don't like Willow's nightmare either. Hold me? :P

There is no saving time when you shower with another person, and I think they know that...they're bad, what can I say?

I'm sorry you are so confused about the past...Its supposed to be that way, though. Eventually, it will all make sense. I kind of like confusing people. I know whats going on so I can maniacally laugh while everyone scratches their heads.

CSpotGo: Oh! Good catch. This fic is un-betaed, so I knew there was more then one mistake in there. Thanks for letting me know, I'm going to fix that right now. I think when I wrote that I was so focused on getting to the sex that I ignored all else...lol.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:58 am 
18. Breast Gal

I love this story. There's little else to say right now, and I'll say more later, but I'm totally digging the ideas and the settings. I've taken a little heat on this board for bringing the girls together too quickly, and you might too, but don't ever let that stop you. I like your Willow and Tara a lot, and I'm dying to know what happens next.

Just one question: Is the story finished? Just wondered.

Diane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:08 am 
9. Gay Now

Awesome update! We got hot smut and now we get plot thickening. Every time you post a chapter it makes me like this story just a little bit more. Looking forward to more :-D

~Sara

Find out in Speak Easy