The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Mirror's Distortion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:49 am 
3. Flaming O

Title: A Mirror’s Distortion
Name: Glokenpop Baby… or Stella.
Rating: PG (for the moment)
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of it, if I did I’d be rich, kinda scruffy and a man.

Authors Note: Goodness me, my first try… Well, shall we?

Chapter one

An arm of light reached past the curtains to sprawl across the tangled sheets. Carefully concealed, she let her half-lidded gaze wander through her surroundings, her body lay twisted and contorted with tendrils of flaming hair spilling over pale skin. It wasn’t until a sudden jolt caused her body to scamper into a sitting position that she truly awoke.

“Buffy?” She called, a slight tremor to her voice. Another shuffle was heard until a blonde head came into view, tired eyes focused until both girls shared visual contact.

“Everything okay Will?” She replied standing up from her make-shift bed on the floor. Willow shook her head, her hands drawing up to cradle her face. This was no longer an odd thing to happen, but ever since Tara’s death and Willow’s recovery from the whole ‘I’m going to kill all of you, yes even you Mr Squirrel… no don’t give me that look, look I know this comes as a bit of a surprise but I hardly mean for this to happen… well yes I do because that’s why I’m doing this but just don’t take it personally, okay?’ phase, things had been a bit rough on all of them.

Buffy had now grown accustomed to mornings of finding herself on Willow’s floor, drawn in through the night by a tingly sensation and then a slow float into the young witch’s room. The unceremonious dump onto the wood had been a bit of a problem but they had countered that by providing bedding the night before.

Willow’s body suddenly ripped with a shiver, her gaze tore from the bed to lock eyes with Buffy once more. “I can feel her Buffy, I can feel Tara.”

The slayer just pursed her lips together before walking over to pull her friend into an embrace. They stayed like that for a while before both girls deemed it ready to go and begin to prepare breakfast.

The Summer’s kitchen buzzed with conversation, from Dawn telling Xander about her newest school assignment to Anya wondering quite loudly why all the women in the picture books she found under her bed were without proper clothing. This was then followed up with “is it normal for some women to tramp about like that? Can I choose to remain in a constant state of undress?”

At this most conversations came to a halt and all eyes turned on the shorter blonde busily cooking eggs.

“They’re not mine, I recovered them from a raid ages ago. Remember? Comic-book-demon-guy? Tried to place us all in the pages of-“

“Kekerof! The smarmy dragon slayer!” Xander burst in, grabbing a banana from the fruit bowl. He held it just below his chin and lowered his head as if they were all sitting around a campfire.

“Kekerof, known for his brutally masculine charm, lures in women before using them as bait to reap the grand prize of a dragon’s magic heart….” Xander paused to notice most of the kitchen’s occupants had gone back to their assigned breakfast tasks. “Hey! I wasn’t finished you know.”

“We know.” Willow perked up, a slow smile spreading across her lips. Before long breakfast had been served and devoured, leaving the ‘scoobies’ as they liked to refer to themselves with little to nothing to do. Still feeling a bit uneasy from the morning, Willow decided on taking a stroll through the park.

A strong wind whipped at her calves as she wandered down the path, even through her black skinny jeans Willow could feel the Goddess of the Air licking at exposed skin. A soft shiver passed down her spine, resulting in a downward shift of her eyes. This was where Tara had stood before her, singing and dancing with that special… that special sparkle of hers.

Willow slid down against the closest tree, her back pressed firmly against it’s scraping trunk. She watched the clouds dance, being manipulated to and fro by the wind’s gentle prodding.

“Hello Mr Cumulus, what do you look like today? You look like the sparkling tip of a snow-dusted mountain… Or is it that you’re an upside down ice-cream cone. I mean, what would you rather be? Don’t you think it’s a bit cruel how we take it upon ourselves to decide what you are? Why can’t you just be a cloud, why can’t we just accept that you’re not a mountain or a cone but a cloud! A cloud.. that has now disappeared from sight.” Willow huffed, pushing herself up from her seat to continue on her walk.

“How rude.”

The trees dipped mournfully forward as she made her way along, tickling the base of the young witch’s neck with their spindly fingers. She had diverted from the path and was now trudging through the park’s forest-like gathering of trees. Bit-by-bit the trunks and branches thinned out to expose a small clearing with a sparkling pool.

A sparkling pool with a floating body.

“No.” Willow whispered, her eyes wrenching over the scene before her.

A sparkling pool with her floating body.

"Tara!"

Post subject: Re: A Mirror's Distortion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:22 am 
19. Yummy Face

Interesting beginning... update-y goodness soon?

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:19 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hi.So this is intresting indeed.Here's hoping we get an update soon...
:wave Rose

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:38 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
Oooh, how inerestin'!

I like how Buffy makes frequent visits to crash on Will's floor, how tragic.

And Xander-banter, always golden in my book.

Wow, what a cliffhanger, what the frilly heck is going to happen there?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:43 am 
3. Flaming O

Quote:
Willow’s recovery from the whole ‘I’m going to kill all of you, yes even you Mr Squirrel… no don’t give me that look, look I know this comes as a bit of a surprise but I hardly mean for this to happen… well yes I do because that’s why I’m doing this but just don’t take it personally, okay?’ phase
Bwah! I think this line just made itself a permanent home in my signature. This should be one of the 10 commandments: random squirrel annihilation is the picture of evil.

Also like the rest of it. The cloud ramble is a bit random, and maybe a bit too ramble-y, but I like that everyone seems to be trying to help Willow heal rather than just getting on with their lives, as was the impression I got from S7. Can't wait for more, especially if you have more squirrelly lines.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:54 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Hi. Very interesting start and nice cliffhanger. Can't wait to see where you go with this.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:40 am 
17. Mega-Witches

OK, I'm officially charmed by this one. Waiting for more. :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:19 pm 
3. Flaming O

Replies to reviews!

Zampsa1975: Yes! Updated goodness, I’m glad you’re enjoying it so far.

Hondos: Thank you, and you did get an update soon! Methinks it be your magicks at work.

Zooeys Bridge: Hehe, yes the crashing, poor girl. I never used to like Xander, but he’s really grown on me as of late. Thanks to a few good portrayals of him in other fanfiction work, I hope to do the same. Cliffhanger? Psh, you haven’t seen a cliffhanger yet. (;

MiniShrink: lol! Thank you, that’s very sweet. Squirelly doom is always helpful. Oh and about the clouds, it was supposed to kind of depict the conformity of society and how everything had to be clearly defined instead of just… being? Erm.. regardless, thank you for responding darling!

Wimpy0729: Hoho! Thank you for your encouraging words, I hope this installment doesn’t disappoint.

Thiswomanswork: Charmed? Ooh, i’m absolutely flattered. Thank you for commenting and I hope you do the same for this little bit.

ONWARDS!

Name: Glokenpop Baby!
Rating: PG-13? We’re going up baby!
Disclaimer: Not mine, most definitely not mine.

Authors Note: Oh ho! I normally wouldn’t have updated so fast, but seriously, the weekends are the only time I have any free time. You can expect at least one each week. Lotsa dialogue in this one, will be less in the next. I just had a lot of things that needed to be said. (:

“Tara!”

Willow’s legs suddenly pumped into gear, trampling over the high grass. Tara’s body faced upwards, her skin like bleached ivory. Pale. Had she always been that pale? Willow couldn’t remember. Within seconds the young red-head had submerged herself into the water and began thrashing about to reach her, a strange combination of doggy paddle and breaststroke.

“Tara, baby, I’m here. I’ve got you.” Willow cried, finally being close enough to touch her lover’s skin. And just as Willow’s hand made contact with the sodden dress, the water began to drain.

“Ha! Stupid witch, you’ve fallen into my trap!” Willow looked around to see a small orange demon dancing on the shoreline. Or, lack of shoreline now. She turned back to Tara to see that she was still there. Without much delay she began checking her vitals, a heartbeat was found within seconds. Soft skin found softer, littered with a light sensation of sparks and feelings that made her regret eating that morning.

“I’m going to kill you now! Hey! What are you doing?” He called once more, teleporting closer to the two.

“Is this real, did you bring her back?” Willow softly asked, the demon took on a gloating smirk.

“Yes! I used my ultimate powers to bring her back just so I could ensnare you.” Willow’s gaze tore from her lover to look at the demon, he flinched. A warm smile spread across her face and a little laugh escaped.

“Thank you.” The demon jumped back, only to witness a slow bend of the witch to perform a gentle kiss on a damp forehead. “I’m going to take her home, but I’ll see you later?”

“No, no. I don’t think you understand here little girl.” Willow turned to look at him again, a white flash entered her eyes and the body beside her began to float.

“Oh, I think I do.” She replied, her teeth flashing in a grin. The Demon although lesser and not that bright, sensed an enormous power begin to bubble and turned to escape, that was when he realised he’d been bound down by some sort of mystical rope. As the two witches made their way back through the trees, his struggles were soon drowned out. Not that Willow even heard them in the first place, for everything, her heart and soul was latched onto what was floating beside her, who was floating beside her.

“I love you, I love you, I love you.” Willow began to chant, each verbal profession beginning to take on a more sing-song quality until she was practically belting it out. They made their way through the park without hitch, this came as no surprise as a glamour had been raised well before they came out from the trees.

The sun tickled their skin and the wind, once a nuisance became an inviting breeze. Willow was ecstatic, she was euphoric, she was the most unbelievably obscure synonym for happy… and it was all because she had her, she had her Tara.

A few slow, smiling minutes later they arrived at the Summer’s home.

“Buffy!” Willow called out, her cheery disposition evident in the high tone quality of her voice. A mumble and a clang of metal was heard, followed by an apology by Anya and an audible cringe from everyone else. Which is quite the feat.

“Will?” Buffy called, standing a few feet from the two.

“Buffy, look! Can you believe it, I mean, it just happened. Some stupid demon just appeared out of nowhere and look where I am now, look at this, he sai-“ Willow was cut off by a strange look. It was as if Buffy was looking straight through her. “What?”

“Will, are you aware I can’t see you?” Buffy asked, her arms firmly crossed underneath her chest. Willow’s mouth formed a small ‘o’ as her lack of visibility predicament dawned on her.

“Sorry!” And with that the charm fell and collected gasps were heard. Collected as by now the hallway was filled with the occupants from breakfast.

“Tara!” Dawn exclaimed, running forward to touch the still floating woman. Buffy stood back, an analysing look upon her face.

“Let’s get her on the couch.” Was finally spoken, Willow just nodded and they followed her lead.

Three hours later, they had been sitting in the same positions they had taken three hours ago. With Tara’s sleeping head cradled in Willow’s lap. The only person who was missing was the pepped-up slayer, who took that moment to re-appear, followed by a very disgruntled demon.

“Right, how do we wake her up.” She growled, pushing the still bound demon forward.

“I’m not telling you any-“ The demon was cut off as Willow caught his eye once more, the ropes began to pull off before weaving around his neck and tightening slightly.

“Okay! The one who loves her most must show her their harshest hate.” The group looked at him, confusedly. “It’s ingenious that’s what it is! You would have never tried it.”

“So, that’s all I gotta do?” Willow asked, carefully brushing Tara’s hair back from her forehead. “Guys, I don’t mean to be rude, but could I have a few moments alone… with her?”

A few nods were given and to those who didn’t, received a good shove in the back.

“Good luck.” Spoke Buffy, before closing the door, half-asphyxiated demon in tow.

Willow pondered the next few minutes silently, her fingers tracing and re-tracing the skin before her. Hate? She could never hate Tara… So how was she supposed to show -without getting all black and veiny.

“I absolutely abhor you Tara Maclay, you are the scum between my toes, you make me sick. I think that you’re really, really quite terrible and that all these bad things should happen, but not too bad, because no-one deserves that but pretty bad nonethel-…”

Tara began to stir.

“Baby!” Willow cried, tightening her grip around her lover’s form. Two flutters of lashes and one groan later, blue eyes came into focus.

“Willow?”

“Tara! Oh my goddess, oh I have missed you so much, I have missed you so, so much.” Tears were now freely pouring down the witch’s face. Lips were brushed against skin and smiles were found on both faces.

“I love you. I love you so much.” Willow gurgled, wiping her eyes to clear her vision.

“I love you too sweetie.”

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:27 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Ooh! Ooh! Dibs, I got dibs!

This is beautiful, and it made me sniffly. :)

It's also just way too easy, of course. I'm a bit worried about how Tara's going to be once she wakes, especially given the fic's title. If I were Willow, I'd be pretty suspicious of a minor, not-too-bright demon having the power to bring Tara back. Complications are no doubt on their way.

Enjoying so far, I'll be looking forward to another update next weekend. :)

(btw, if you want some constructive criticism, here or by PM, let me know.)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:38 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Liked Willow's single-mindedness when it came to reviving Tara... I hope Tara is her good self and not some backstab-y evil skank bitch....

Last edited by Zampsa1975 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:11 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Wow, another one so fast, and I like it.

I'm still very intrigued here. This little demon guy is one curious character. But hey, Tara's back, so I'm a happy kitten. Can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

Wimpy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:20 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Well.This iis really very good.And quickly updated.
I can't wait to see howw Tara will react

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:41 pm 
3. Flaming O

Replies to reviews!

Thiswomanswork: Hehe, yes you seem to be the only one who cracked onto the whole ‘it couldn’t be this simple’ thing. And no, no it won’t be. But never fear, I have a few tricks up this little sleeve of mine.

Zampsa1975: Yes, update-y goodness always helps. And no, Tara will never be some backstabby bitch, but thank you for giving the title so much thought… A different twist lies in store. Hoho!

Wimpy0729: Thank you! And yes, the demon plays… a role, but minor. We shall see won’t we? Keep feeding me the back and I’ll keep doing what I do.

Hondos: Hehe, many thanks, I really doubt another update so soon but jesus, even I didn’t see this one coming. Tara will react… how Tara should react, hopefully.

Name: Glokenpop Baby!
Rating: PG-13. We’re still only little.
Disclaimer: Not mine, though how I wish.

Authors Note: I can’t believe I’m updating, okay so I’m supposed to leave in four minutes and I woke up at 7:30 and quite literally just started to write. Forty minutes later… here we are! Hope you enjoy, I’m sure there are lots of mistakes but… oh well.

----

It had been six hours since Tara had woken up and still everyone sat crowded around listening to her tales from ‘beyond the grave’. Mostly which consisted of foggy memories of sleeping, so with their curiosity needs in mind, she exaggerated a tad.

“And so, then I went to Heaven’s zoo with all the animals you could ever think of.” Tara explained, pausing only to sip her tea. Willow’s eyes slowly reeled up and down, drinking in the form of her lover. She wasn’t sure if it had grown or if it’d always been this length, but her silver-gold locks now fell down to gently cover and cup her breasts.

“Was, was there a camel?” Willow asked breaking out of her reverie. Tara grinned, relinquishing her own memory of a private Willow story time involving a kittycat and many snuggles.

“Yes, a whole one too.” Tara replied, giving Willow’s hand a small squeeze. Their eyes held for a moment before coming back into reality to notice that they had collectively confused everyone.

“Right well, it’s late and I’m going to go on a patrol. Everyone else, I think Tara and Willow have some more catching up to do so… Taking into account that this is my house… if you live here, sleep, if you don’t, get out!” The group cheered as Xander and Giles laughed and began packing away their belongings.

“I guess that’s our cue, good night everyone.” Tara stood, her hands still tightly gripping Willow’s own. They climbed the stairs and made it into their room, stealing glances from one another the whole time.

“Will… it’s the same.” Tara muttered, taking in the scene that she had so violently left. Willow’s eyes were drawn to the ground, suddenly ashamed at her actions, or lack of. Within seconds slim fingers had caught her chin and her lips brought into a kiss. It was tentative at first, a slow remembrance of taste and feeling. When they pulled apart, both girls’ eyes had glossed over and a silent agreement to do that again, was made.

Two bodies fell onto the bed, creasing and ripping back sheets until both were covered and pressed into one another. Willow lay with her head resting in the crook of Tara’s arm, their legs entangled below. A slow rhythmic stroke had begun through Willow’s velvety hair and it wasn’t helping her stance on ‘staying up all night’. For both had made promises to not fall asleep, but within a few minutes, their gentle breathing had lulled them both.

--

A new day had begun, the sun was darting through all available spots on the bare window to seek and destroy the body on the bed’s sleep. Willow groaned, stretching out across her sheets. The first thing she noticed before even opening her eyes was Tara’s absence, perhaps to make pancakes or perhaps to undergo a moon expedition, whatever it was, Willow practically purred at the fact that she’d be back, back and in her arms. A shuffle was made until the red-head slid off the bed to wiggle over the floor until it was absolutely necessary to stand.

“Hello, house of love!” Willow called, now walking down the stairs. Buffy walked in with her eyebrow arched.

“House of love? How come you’re so perky?” Buffy asked, grinning at her best friend’s newfound giddiness.

“How couldn’t I be, I have my beautiful, intelligent, magnificent, just… perfect Tara back.” Willow smiled at the thought and continued past the blonde, looking for a blonde of her own.

“…Willow. Are you feeling okay?” Buffy began to follow her friend, watching as she dipped in and out of the rooms in search.

“Where is she Buffy? Did she go out? Was it to buy me a present? Will you get a present? If you don’t get a present then maybe I can just halve mine or we can take turns pretending it’s ours or y-“ Willow was cut off by a firm shake.

“Willow! Will… I think, I think you’ve just had a dream.” Buffy’s eyes softened and fell to the ground. Willow’s voice was suddenly lost, she began walking backwards until she hit the wall with a soft ‘thump’. It was then that she started sprinting in and out of the rooms.

“Tara! Tara! Baby where are you? You were here, I know you were here. We were together, oh my g-goddess.” Willow was now openly crying, her sobs wracking her body back and forth. Buffy stood back, unsure as to what to do. Finally the crying subsided and Willow just laid out on the floor, after a while she stood and made her way to her room.

The bed was the same as it had been that morning, Willow flopped onto it’s surface, the tears welling up once more. It was impossible, how could a dream be so real? Willow’s brow furrowed in frustration, her fingers grasping the sheets until small knuckles had turned white. It wasn’t how it was supposed to be.

This isn’t how it was supposed to happen.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:43 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Dibs again! A winner is me!

Oh! Poor Willow! :sob I just want to hold her and tell her it'll be OK.

'Cos it will. It's just gotta!

Anyway... great little update, I loved the 'whole camel' bit, that was darling. :)

Now bring Tara back, or I shall be cross. ;)

Last edited by thiswomanswork on Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:51 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... no Tara?... I hope Willow soon gets her Tara back...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:46 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Oh NO NO NO!! I was so hoping it wasn't some dream. Now Willow's all devastated again and so are we. Oh, but it seemed so real. And the camel line was so cute, and then OUCH. You know you owe us big time, right?

But thanks again for the quick update. I'm already hooked, and I can't wait to see how you're gonna make this up to us traumatized kittens.

Wimpy