The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introductions - Please Introduce Yourself HERE!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:26 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Um hi im virginia im 28 and in south central tx..
im new here.. i dont know what else to say other than love w/t! Hopeing to write my 1st fanfic soon. Well working on it but not sure i can post it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:01 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 9
Welcome Virginia! The first one is always the hardest especially if you don't know the rules. (I had my first removed because i didn't know about the rules) I think the moderators get a message on the first post of a new fic to they can make sure it fits the rules, but they are also pretty cool and if you ask them a question or submit a portion that you think is questionable they will get back to you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:32 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 9
Hello, fellow Kittens. My name is Salix, but you can call me Sallie. I'm working on a fanfiction that needs to be approved (hint hint) where Willow cross-dresses in college. It's weird, but it gets cooler, promise. I also ship Willow and Vampire Willow just a bit. Not as much as Willow/Tara. I have developed a babble, and Tara made my stutter come out temporarily. It went right back in after Willow and Tara made with the lovin'. I watched all of Buffy twice and am working on a third. If, at the beginning of the series, you told me that Will would be using very dark magic with her girlfriend, I'd call you crazy.

I found this site in a string of strange events. I searched Willow and Tara on Google Images, hoping to find a new profile picture, when I suddenly see a poster-type thing for a novel called "Willow's Promise" I clicked on it and proceeded to read the most amazing fanfiction I have ever heard of. (At the time, at least) I looked under the "Links" section thing and saw this website. I immediately made an account and started thinking of fanfiction ideas. I realized I'm a pretty good writer. Here I am with the babbling. Bye-bye!

I have a fish named Drusilla. He doesn't know, he thinks his name is Drew. Shhhh...

Spike: Are we feeling better, then?
Drusilla: I'm naming all the stars.
Spike: You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling. Also it's day.
Drusilla: I can see them. But I've named them all the same name, and there's terrible confusion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:25 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hi I'm SlytherinSeeker22.
I stumbled across Buffy when I was younger but put it to the back of my mind due to the fact that I am already enslaved to so many fandoms that I did not want another to ensnare me in it's clutches.
However five years on from that and not only do I own all of the seasons bar one but I am also obsessed with the totally adorable (and in Willows' case adorkable) ness that is Tara and Willow; along with the perfection that is Tara and Willow together. I love them to bits and I hope I can find my soulmate one day like they did. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself to the neighbourhood so to speak so Hi 'waves as enthusiastically as a British person can.'
:bigwave :bigwave :bigwave :bigwave :bigwave

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:08 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 1
...pokes head back in tentatively...

Hi... my name's Bob. I used to post here quite a bit. Then I didn't. I must say I'm amazed and impressed to find this board still thriving in an age when Facebook and Twitter and Tumblr and whatever seem to be gobbling up all the bandwidth.

My screen name comes from the fact that I used to be an engineer at a kitchen appliance company. Now I'm the Quality Manager for a water heater company, but BBWaterHeaterGuy doesn't have the same ring to it. And it's long.

I also write novels for middle school kids (and anyone else who will read them). You can check out my Author Website if you're interested. Right now, I'm writing my third book about a girl who sees vampires, werewolves and other monsters, and has to solve math problems for them. :devil

My Author Website - http://www.rablack.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:06 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Welcome SlytherinSeeker22 and Welcome Back Bob :)

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:37 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hi all, I'm Red :) Once upon a time I was a member of this board (under a different name of which I cannot remember) and met lots of great people including BBOvenGuy at on one of the Kitten Board Meet ups at ComicCon many years ago.. then things happened and I went away for a very long time. It was not until I discovered Buffy on Netflix a few months ago and started re watching the series that I got up the courage to come back. :) Looking forward to making new connections here and maybe re-connecting with some old friends.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:19 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Glad you found us again, Red :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:38 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Thanks Laragh, It's good to be back :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:03 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 2
Greetings all. I'm Anthony. I'm 30. I watched Buffy way back when it was new. Late last year I sat down and binge watched the entire series again. That led to browsing semi random image galleries on tumbler. And I think that led me to read a laundry list of stories on Jasmydae's archive which led me to here.

A couple months ago I started writing this wacky story I've been posting here weekly. Cause it seemed more fun and less soul crushing than taking a creative writing class.

Hmm, guess I should have done this intro sooner. In any case I'm really enjoying this community and the works of its members.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:53 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hi to all the fabulous kittens :wave

I'm Elisabeth, 34, from France.

For those of you who are willing to read this very long-winded post (I won't hold it against you if you don't), here's the story of how and why yours truly became a kitten. I never watched BtVS properly when it was on air, although I remember catching the odd episode on TV. But for some reason I never really got into it. I partly blame the dubbing, the humour got pretty much lost in translation and I find most voice actors tend to lack in the acting department. Buffy was the voice of Lois from 'Lois & Clark: the new adventures of Superman', for some reason that really threw me off... (Don't judge! Teri Hatcher was hot :-p) And so I never got past my mitigated first impression, even though my friend was a fan of the show and mentioned it sometimes, but I didn't feel like I was missing much. It seemed to me like the show was too centered on the Buffy/Angel romance anyway and I wasn't really interested in that.

And then earlier this year, I decided to watch the whole series after stumbling upon some screencaps online with some hilarious Buffy one-liners. I was like: Hey, wait, this is funny. This was a funny show?? I had no idea! Maybe I should give it another go? I enjoyed watching the first season and by the time I got to the end of season 2 I already considered myself a fan. BtVS really spoke to me in ways it never did at the time. Maybe I find more ways to relate now I have a bit more life experience, maybe I'm not so quick now to discard something as silly. The humour and the characters are what really sold it for me. They had some depth, or at least it was implied that they could have if you scratched behind the surface. And they were likable, yet flawed. I thought "this show is not like any other I've seen. It has heart and a unique perspective". I don't agree with all their choices in the later seasons, but on the whole this show will always be special to me now. I feel like it gives me perspective to reflect on my high school and college years. I guess at the time the issues felt a little too close to home, maybe that's why I wasn't too comfortable watching then. But now I'm at a place where I need to reflect.

I found my way to the KB after finding myself slightly obsessed with the lovely Amber Benson. (I'm sure many of you know the feeling.) I read fanfic for the first time and I was agreeably surprised to discover that I liked it a lot. At least the kind you find on DCP, with so many quality offerings, and the guidelines that I wholly subscribe to.

I'm still very interested in reading W/T fanfic that allows us to explore aspects that were neglected or just never shown on the show, or different routes that could have been taken for the existing story arcs, but I'm also very much enjoying AU fics without the constraints of the Hellmouth and all the heartbreak that follows from living in a place ruled by mutant enemies.

I lurked for about two months, then I decided to register, mostly to be able to leave feedback, but also because this looks like a lovely, respectful community that I'd be very happy to be a part of. I plan to read a lot of the fanfic here, it should take me a while.

Last edited by SneakyCat on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:55 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

(Sorry, double post...)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:26 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hi Elisabeth!

Quote:
I found my way to the KB after finding myself slightly obsessed with the lovely Amber Benson. (I'm sure many of you know the feeling.) I read fanfic for the first time and I was agreeably surprised to discover that I liked it a lot. At least the kind you find on DCP, with so many quality offerings, and the guidelines that I wholly subscribe to.

Are we the same person? I had a very similar journey!

Glad you found us!

And Anthony, I missed a hello to you! Hello! :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:14 am 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 3
I love this thread, because it shows all the newbies still finding their way here :-) including myself not long ago! I majorly need people to geek out with and here you are!

YouTube channel 'T-Sixteen NRG' for my fanvids
www.youtube.com/channel/UCXvNuQHd2HA0BaaVMBIIMfQ
(okay so there's only a few right now but I'm 'new' to it so watch this space!)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:06 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
Hi redcutie3334!
As mayor of "old timers" town I welcome you back!
:)
If you have an idea of what you posted under maybe I can find it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:40 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Hey guys, like Bob, I hung out here (a lot) once upon a very long time ago. Happy to pop back into the KB world ... and who knows ... maybe Tara will finally figure a way to get Willow out of that Hell dimension she's kinda been stuck in for the past few (9) years. lol I've missed this lovely little corner of the web. Happy it's still going!

Hello to all.

Patches

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:41 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hi all,

My name's Nikki, and I hail from Chicago, IL but am determined to make my way back to WA state in the near future. WA captured my heart while I was on internship for my psych degree. A long time ago, I found this board when I first fell in love with BtVS, Will/Tara, and W/T fanfic but wasn't very active. Then, grad school happened. I recently stumbled upon the board through reference to a fanfic listed on another fabulous site (Autostraddle), and I am excited to have found it again in a time when I can leave more feedback.

-Nikki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:55 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hi Patches and Nikki!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:07 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

i first found this website when I was 12. For awhile it was the only fanfiction site i needed, i only had one ship at the time. then after awhile i moved onto other things. most of the epic-length fics i was reading here suddenly stopped being updated so i gave up here. now im 27 and suddenly remembered this place used to exist and im actually surprised it still does.
anyways im off to see if Milestones by Lisa of Nine was ever completed...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:07 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
AgentBering wrote:
i first found this website when I was 12. For awhile it was the only fanfiction site i needed, i only had one ship at the time. then after awhile i moved onto other things. most of the epic-length fics i was reading here suddenly stopped being updated so i gave up here. now im 27 and suddenly remembered this place used to exist and im actually surprised it still does.
anyways im off to see if Milestones by Lisa of Nine was ever completed...

Awesome to see you back!

edited to add:

Here is where Lisa keeps her fics now
http://lisaof9.livejournal.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:31 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hi everyone :bigwave

Brand new :newbie introducing herself here, I have recently fallen deeply and completely in love with the Willow/Tara couple :heart :heart :heart And I have also been devastated at how it turned out :sob :sob :sob

But I do believe I just found a wonderful Willow and Tara universe in here, and I am going to love being a part of it with you all :applause

See you around, kisses!

Kenzi :kitty

P.S.: Isn't the kitty smiley just the cutest smiley ever??? :luv

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:24 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hi, y'all. I used to be here years ago under another name and email address (my name might have been amberjdo...but I'm not sure).
I just found my old tshirt I think I purchased here many, many years ago.....the front has an illustration from this board as well as http://www.froggyfrog.com/kitten, and the back has a bullet hole and "got tara?" Does anyone remember this shirt??
Anyway, I'm Janimo and live in Georgia. Long time Willow/Tara shipper......especially Tara and Amber Benson.
It's fantastic that this board is still active.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:45 am 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
Welcome! And welcome back [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Yep, we're still here.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:07 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

It's so lovely to see new and returning members :) Welcome and Welcome Back, respectively.

(PS, Janimo, if there's anyone to ask about that shirt, it's drlloyd - he's a treasure trove on all things past kitten!)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:42 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hiya! It's only been a few month from now that I have come down with the buffluenza. It was about the time when S.M.Gellar campaigned for "the crazy ones" ultimately that the realization of my lifelong veil of ignorance sunk in. :applause now I feel like a squirrel after winter sleep! It's an invaluable pleasure to see our lovely couple taking part in the lgbt social movement. I think they're enjoyable company. I'm from Germany, I work as a doctor.And I love how you manage to get in touch via the scoobyverse. Thanks for your fantastic job!!!!looking forward to moreandmoreandmore!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:43 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Chunky fingers... Double post :clap

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:55 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 3
Welcome to the Kittens, Marzipan!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:29 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

So I used to come here back in the day, my original screen name was the same without the _, was wondering if anyone's around still, ( waves to Xita and Web Warlock ) Used to go to the Kitten gatherings in Chicago, was a blast. Good times.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:55 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 1
Newbie here. I've been a lurker and finally decided to join, hi! :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:57 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hello everyone,

I'm extra-flamey (real name Dieuwertje) and I'm a Dutch kitten.
I've been a long-time lurker, but finally decided to overcome my shyness and introduce myself here. :kgeek

What initially lured me to the KB were the amazing fanfictions. These fics have inspired me to start writing my own stories, which will hopefully be posted here soon when I find a beta-reader.
What really urged me to sign up, though, was the community. Everybody on the board seems so nice and I really want to be a part of it, maybe make some new friends.

-Flamey

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next