The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: "She's Got A Way" - Updated 7/16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:33 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

This story is so RIDICULOUSLY HILARIOUS!! I can't believe you had Will sing Frankie. It's too good to be true!!!! :lol honestly. Sooo, sooooo, soooo funny. I liked the previous chapter when you used learning to breathe, my favorite switchfoot song. So bravo for music choice. Please do go on! I'm horribly impatient! And plus, this fic's just too good. :-D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:57 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
Hello everyone! I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a while . . . been really busy and haven't had time to dedicate to my writing. Before I get to the feedback for the feedback, I'd like to make it up to all of you . . . I made a video that's currently posted in the Magic in Two forum, so check it out and hopefully that'll tide you over until the next update!

the hero factor: I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Shai:

Quote:
The funky chicken getting a seizure had me laughing at my computer screen AT 3 IN THE MORNING!

Hehe, I had a friend who danced like that . . . wish I coulda gotten it on tape!

A-Rob: Hey Rob! I'll update if you update!

:-D

Quote:
I take back my comment about silly dances, this one was all kinds of fun!

Haha! What's a silly love song without a silly dance?

Quote:
Well, it would gave been worse if she tried to pull a Marvin Gaye, just imagine her singing Sexual Healing or Let's Get It On! Maybe that would have gotten an interesting reaction for Tara.

You picked my brain! Those were two of the many songs I had in mind for the scene. It was tough to pick one, but I settled for Witchcraft cause it was a little more subtle, plus I liked the 'witchy' aspect of the song which I thought suited our girls.

Willow~Rosenberg: Yay! I'm glad you got a kick out of it! And ditto on hearing Witchcraft . . . I just know I'll be in some elevator somewhere and that song will start playing . . . ah, the visuals . . .

watersong84:

Quote:
Okay, you are a genius. There is no disputing it.

You my friend, are too kind. :blush Thanks!

The Rose24:

Quote:
You have no reason to doubt your writing ability.

Phew! (breathes a huge sigh of relief) I'm really flattered that you feel that way about my writing. I guess we all can feel a little insecure sometimes, eh?

And the talk is coming up, but not before some magical hijinx ensue! Once again, thanks for reading!

Boadecia: Hey, thanks for reading! I'll try to update as soon as possible!

eirnlove: Thanks, I'm glad you took the time to read it!

VixenyTarasHot: Not to worry, I've got something special for our girls.

Quote:
I've always felt something between them happened in The I In Team

My sentiments exactly! I think it was a major turning point in their relationship. Glad to know you liked the update!

venusoracle: Hi! I'm glad you took the time to read. I really didn't like the format of most of the songfics I read, so I tried to find a way to make the songs connect more with the story lines, hence the music video/musical feel to it. Thanks for reading!

Irene73: Cue the guitar Lindsey, ready on the drums Mick, yo John, got the bass? Stevie and Christine, back me up on the vocals. Here we go . . . oh, make sure you put your fanta drink down first, Irene. Wouldn't want you to spit up or anything . . . :D

Watching her
Singing that song to me
Dancing 'round
Taking my breath away
If I could
Baby I'd let you know
How I feel
But I'm scared to let it show

There'll be time for smoochies
(Time for smoochies)

Once they figure out love potion number nine

There'll be time for smoochies
(Time for smoochies)

Okay, that's a wrap! Ball's in your court Irene (until the next update, that is!)

Quote:
How are you going to be able to convince Tara that it wasn't just the potion that made Willow act that way? Maybe the potion was just an enhancer of how a person truly feels?

:devil

Did I mention how I enjoy your feedback? This is me mentioning it . . . I enjoy your feedback!

elitetech04: I promise, within the next few weeks, I will update. I'm glad you liked it!

beanie:

Quote:
I'm horribly impatient!

Ohhh, I know the feeling . . . I hate it when people take forever to update (wink wink). I'll try to get it up sooner than soon. But thanks for reading!

Alrighty, till then kittens! And don't forget to check out the video in the Magic in Two forum (shameless plug much?!)!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:00 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

FOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*catches breath*

*screams again*

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG. *hyperventilates*

This. Fic. Is. So. Good.

Words cannot possibly express how GREAT this story is and how HUGELY I want you to continue writing it. So maybe emoticons can express it: :applause :bow :dance :clap :flower :party

Whoa. Looks like you succeeded with your latest video in plugging your fic! I loved the video so much that I came and read the WHOLE THING and it rocks.

I really like the "deleted scenes" and "in between episodes" format - I read some very very very good Star Trek Voyager fanfic using the "between episodes" format and I'm quite fond of it because hey, canon is great and what got me interested in W/T fanfic in the first place.

Two months since the last update eh? When can we expect another one? :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:06 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hello Kittens! Sorry for the long gap between updates.

SallyMcFine: Hey, thanks for coming by and reading! I'm glad that the story lived up to the trailer!

Author: Foomatic

Title: She's Got A Way

Summary: "The 'I' in Team," Part Deux

Disclaimer: Don't own anything but the shirt off my back

SHE’S GOT A WAY

Part VI: Desire

Tara walked briskly, as Willow followed behind her. It had taken some convincing to prevent Willow from returning to the Bacchanal to confront Alanna.

“I knew it! I knew there was something funny about her besides her dancing! What I wouldn’t give to . . . to . . . I can’t even begin to describe what I want to do to her!” she hissed between clenched teeth.

“It’s okay, Willow, i-it was an accident, you weren’t supposed to drink it. But we’ll find a way to reverse it, I have some books in my room-“

“She tried to take advantage of you Tara. That’s a ticket to some Willow flavored whoop-ass if you ask me.”

Tara had wanted nothing more than to rip into Alanna before they had left the building, but Willow’s spontaneous musical interlude had prevented her from doing so. She couldn’t believe what Alanna had done, regardless of whether or not the potion worked. She hadn’t even thought of what might have happened had the potion affected her instead of Willow, her concern for the redhead trumping her own safety.

Now she was stuck with the object of her desire lusting after her and publicly declaring her admiration through song, which would normally be a cause for a glass of bubbly and a high five, but under the circumstances, keeping her distance from the red head was probably the best thing to do.

Tara entered the dorm, tossing her keys onto the desk before making straight for her bookcase. Willow watched on, demeanor softening as the blonde assumed full research mode, pulling out texts and making a pile on the floor next to her. She grabbed a couple more books off the top shelf and handed them to Willow. “See if you can find anything on the Cupido Ferveo, particularly, um, l-love potion n-number nine.” She paused, wrinkling her eyebrows. “That gets dumber and dumber every time I hear it come out of my mouth.”

“Can we add ‘find a mind erasing spell’ to our to do list for tonight? My impromptu performance this evening is something I’d like to soon forget.” She moved to the bed and sat on it; but instead of cracking open the book, she continued to watch Tara. The blonde sat on the floor in front of her, immersed in the large texts.

“So, do you know anything about this potion?” Willow opened the book and began to flip through the pages.

“Just that the potions from the Cupido Ferveo are really strong, hence . . .” She glanced hesitantly at the red head. “What I don’t get is why you’re the one who’s all, um, twitterpated, when the potion was obviously m-meant for me. It was my drink, she gave it to me –“

“Which you in turn offered to me, remember? You made a face after you tasted it, then asked me if I wanted some. Let’s not forget the part when I pound it like a drunken sailor. Hey, maybe that’s how the potion works, you offer it to the person you want to desire you, they drink it, then poof! Horny goodness all around. I mean, not that I’m . . . horny or anything,” she added quickly, feeling the blush spread across her cheeks.

“But that still doesn’t explain why I didn’t go ga-ga over Alanna, and why you - “ She sighed in frustration, saddened by the fact that only a spell could ever make Willow want her. The moments when they were sitting at the table, the way she looked at her, touched her even, feeling confused and uncertain, but still full of hope, they were not real. The singing, the sexy dancing, eyes burning into hers. A spell Tara. Don’t forget that. Whatever she does, whatever she says, it’s just a spell.

Willow sneaked a peak at the blonde, who was now perusing her stack of books, a slight frown on her face. I’m making her uncomfortable. It’d be like Buffy putting the moves on me. She grimaced at the image of Buffy hitting on her, stealing another glance at Tara. Is that how she feels towards me? I bet she’s completely wigged. She focused on the blonde’s face, eyes tracing over every feature; the soft blue eyes, perfectly shaped nose, her lips. Those full, succulent lips . . . The heat began to rise in her, her breathing becoming more labored as the warmth spread. Her body began to hum, a low, soft rumble that encased her mind in its sweet melody, drowning out the nagging of her brain, which was desperately trying to regain control. Tara was what her body wanted, needed. She bit her lip at the thought of kissing the blonde, running her hands all over her body, leaving not a single square inch unexplored, untouched; then to do the same . . . with my tongue . . .

“Willow, I found something-“

The redhead snapped back to reality. “No I wasn’t!” Tara look at her questioningly, eyebrows cocked. Willow wriggled in her seat. “I wasn’t thinking thoughts of . . . the sexy variety. And especially not of you.” Tara blushed and looked away. “I’m . . . I’m sorry Tara, I can’t . . . it’s getting harder to not . . . um, to keep my mind out of the gutter, so to speak.”

This is going to be a long night, Tara mused, slightly embarrassed. “It mentions the potions from the Cupido Ferveo,” she continued. “Several potions have been known to cause feelings of unrestrained desire in the person who drinks it,” she read. “The utmost caution must be used, as the extreme build up of passion can cause permanent damage if not intimately released.” Alarmed, Tara looked at Willow. “Intimately released? Please tell me they don’t mean what I think they mean . . .”

“Um, I-I think they do.” Willow looked up from the book in her lap. “This one’s got some suggested positions for . . . um . . . “ She blushed as she handed Tara the book. “Maximum . . . release.”

“Oh my,” the blonde breathed. She quickly closed the book and set it down next to her. Goddess, we might have to do that? I haven’t even gotten to first base yet. Hell, I’m still in the dugout waiting to be called up to bat! She could handle lusty, sing-me-a-song Willow, but this was outside her comfort zone. The thought had crossed her mind, repeatedly in fact, but it had involved candles and soft music, not some pesky love potion.

Willow sensed discomfort. “Tara, it’s okay! Really! Because we’re going to figure it out before it gets to that point.” She reached out and took the book back. “We won’t . . . I mean, I won’t let it get that far, alright? There will be no knocking of boots tonight. I promise.” Both women felt a tiny, imperceptive twinge of disappointment at that statement. “We just need to get cracking. Besides, the threat of permanent damage? I’ve survived worse – stake burning, werewolf attack, psycho mayor turning into a gigantic snake. Can’t be anymore permanently damaged than I am now, can I?” She paused, waiting for a response . . . There it is, Tara smile. Mission accomplished.

“Well, we better get to work then.”

Willow let loose a small smile, and dug into the text in front of her. The two sat in silence, only the sound of pages ruffling filling the air. For the first few moments, Willow was completely focused, trying to find anything that could disrupt the effects of the potion. Little by little though, her eyes began to wander, occasionally stealing glances at Tara. She felt herself once again gravitating toward the blonde, knowing full well that she should be reading, but unable ignore the intoxicating sensations coursing through her body as her eyes devoured the sight of Tara. The familiar heat had returned, igniting a fire that could no longer be contained.

“Wait a minute . . . I think I have something that will help!” Tara shot up and walked excitedly to her desk. Without a word, Willow got up and followed.

“I don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner!” She rummaged through the drawers and shelves, as Willow stood silently behind her. The blonde found what she was looking for and turned to show Willow.

“I had forgotten that –“ she stopped abruptly, unprepared for the small amount of space between her and the red head. Tara swallowed and took a step back, only to bump into the desk behind her. Goddess, her eyes . . . Willow’s eyes had turned from pink to a blazing fireball red.

“Tara,” she said in a husky voice.

The blonde stood, glued to the floor, unable to move or tear her eyes away. The red orbs were spellbinding, like watching the flickering flames of a fire. She watched as Willow slowly advanced towards her, her eyes ablaze.

“I can’t stop it,” she whimpered, face contorted as she fought the passion that was overwhelming her senses. “I need . . . “ Willow gripped the desk with both hands, unintentionally preventing Tara from moving away.

“Willow –“ Tara said cautiously. Just a spell, just a spell, the blonde repeated in her head, as if the mantra had any chance of overcoming her body’s reaction to the closeness of the red head. Her brain screamed at her to move away, to do something, but all she could do was lick her lips and drown in Willow’s stare. Goddess please, Tara don’t do this. She wanted to so badly, so tired of repressing her feelings, giving in to her better judgement. Tired of the longing and heartache. Tired of the endless nights spent wishing for a moment exactly like this. But this . . . this would be taking advantage of the situation, taking advantage of Willow. I’d be no better than Alanna . . . She realized with a shock that Willow’s hand had moved from her side and was now on her shoulder. Willow traced her collarbone with her fingertips, sending shockwaves through Tara’s body, before reaching up and gently cupping her cheek. Her breath ragged and her heart beating wildly, Tara once again locked eyes with the red head.

“I want you so bad . . .” Willow scarcely heard what she said, the pounding of her heart drowning out the sound of her voice. Time had slowed down, movements were a blur. The feeling was back, the desperate need, the hunger, for all things Tara. She stepped forward, reaching for Tara’s hand. She leaned in, closing the distance between their lips . . .

. . . and stopped suddenly. Her head felt like it had been sucked through a Dyson, and for a moment, she was completely disoriented. Her hand was clutching Tara’s, but there was something in between, preventing their palms from touching. Willow opened her eyes and looked down.

“The d-doll’s eye crystal.” Tara opened the red head’s hand and placed the crystal in her palm. “I had forgotten that it had certain m-magical properties. I wasn’t quite sure if it would work but . . . “ Willow looked up, and Tara was relieved to see that her eyes had been reduced to a faint hint of pink. That was close, Tara thought to herself.

“What just happened?” Willow gasped.

“I think the crystal is kind of counteracting the potion. It’s supposed to enhance clarity, you know, sort of clean out your head. How do you feel?”

Willow released the desk and stepped back. “I feel . . . like I can think straight again,” she replied slowly. “Before it was just a haze . . . but now . . . I can see little bit . . . clearer. But still I feel . . . I don’t know, off? Like I’m not all here.” She walked to the mirror, and saw her pink eyes reflected back to her. Okay, senses are back, but eyes are still pink, face still red. She saw Tara’s reflection in the mirror, and felt her pulse quicken. Her mouth went dry as the blonde peered at her curiously. Tara . . . She swallowed. Whatever the crystal had done, it hadn’t taken away Willow’s desire for the blonde.

“Did it work?” Tara asked, feeling hopeful and discouraged at the same time.

Willow gave her a tentative look. “Well, yes and no.”

“Yes and no?”

“I guess . . . more no than yes?” Willow winced a little as she continued. “I think the doll’s eye crystal pretty much cleaned out my head, like you said. But I feel like . . . I mean, I know I shouldn’t . . . but I still feel . . . I still . . . sort of . . . want . . . you. A lot. Like, in a ‘I’m still going to burst if I don’t touch you’ kind of way.”

Tara stared back in disbelief. “So you’re saying you have control of your mind . . .”

“But not my body.” Willow stared into the crystal, hoping that it would give her answers, avoiding Tara’s concerned eyes. The desire for her was still there, and she knew it would get worse if she looked at the blonde. They stood in silence, not knowing what to say or do. Willow sat on the bed, and placed the crystal next to her. Immediately, the lust for Tara came rushing back to her, stronger than before. She looked at Tara, eyes fiery.

“Willow, your eyes!” Tara rushed to her side and shoved the crystal back into her hand. The red head blinked and shook her head.

“Okay, well, I won’t be putting this down anytime soon,” Willow joked, solemnly. Her fingers enclosed the crystal, firmly grasping it. “I guess this thing is keeping me sane,” she said with a half-hearted chuckle. “Keep it in my hand? Want you but don’t want you. Put it down? Want you, want you and, oh yeah, want you.” She took a deep breath and shook her head. “I’m . . . I’m sorry Tara, to have to put you through this. I don’t mean to be throwing myself at you left and right, and I don’t want this to make things weird between us. But hey, why would things be weird?” she asked, full of disdain. “I mean, I only tried to kiss you a few times, and sang you a song in front of hundreds of people . . . “ She stared sadly at the crystal in her hand, a pang in her heart.

“Willow, it’s the spell, okay?” Tara murmured softly, trying to comfort the red head. “The potion is making you act this way. I understand that.” Unfortunately. “You don’t have to apologize. It’s not your fault.” She waited for a response, but Willow continued to stare at the crystal. “We can do a little more research, if you want,” Tara offered. “There’s still a couple of books we haven’t gone through.” She sat next to the pile on the floor. “We haven’t found something specific to love potion num- uh, the ninth potion. It doesn’t hurt to keep looking.”

“I don’t know Tara. I’m thinking I should borrow your crystal and go home.” Her heart ached, as if something had clamped onto it, preventing it from beating. God, I want to touch you . . . She couldn’t stay here. It pained her too much to be this close to Tara and not have her. Fighting the urge to look Tara in the eye, she stood up. “You don’t mind do you? I can give it back tomorrow, after the potion wears off. It will wear off, right?“

“Are you sure that’s a good idea? I mean, we don’t know what’s going to happen. I’d feel a lot better if you stayed here, just in case something did happen.” Tara got up and stood in front of her. “Willow? Willow look at me.”

“I should go. I’ve caused enough trouble for tonight.” The discomfort in her chest was spreading, and Willow found that it was becoming increasingly hard to breathe. I have to get out of here! “Ow . . .” She winced and grabbed her chest, feeling like something had sliced through her heart.

“Willow what’s wrong?” Tara’s eyes widened in fright as she watched the redhead clutch her chest.

“It . . . hurts,” Willow croaked, gripping the fabric of her shirt. What is this?! Her mind quickly sprung into action, working its way past the literal pain in her heart trying to figure out what was going on. Hurt . . . pain . . . hurt . . . is it causing damage? Damage . . . permanent damage . . . “Tara!” she cried. “It’s building up . . . I need to release it . . . “

“Release it?! Willow I don’t understand –“ Then it clicked. The utmost caution must be used, as the extreme build up of passion can cause permanent damage if not intimately released. Oh goddess . . . She looked at the redhead grimacing in agony. “Willow we have to –“

“NO!” the redhead bellowed. “No . . . don’t go there . . . it’ll pass . . . “ She was hit by a sudden surge that brought her to her knees, causing her to groan. “Or not,” she managed to say between clenched teeth.

“Willow! I can’t leave you like this, we have to do something!” She panicked, knowing what had to be done, but not knowing how to go about it. The thought of recreating the image of maximum release from that book frightened her, but the idea of losing Willow scared her even more. “We have to-“

“Tara no! Not like this . . . there has to be some other way!” Willow lurched forward, crying out, tears springing from the corners of her eyes. She curled into a ball on the floor, gasping, trying to force air into her lungs. The pain had become so severe that she could barely breathe.

Tara couldn’t stand it any longer. It had to be done. There was no other option. She took a deep breath, and knelt in front of Willow. “I am not going to risk losing you, Willow!” she said sternly, trying to muster up the courage to do what she had to do.

Willow’s hand startled her as it shot out and clamped tightly onto Tara’s wrist. “Don’t,” she whimpered. Tara felt her loosen her grip, extracting her hand from her wrist and clumsily intertwining their fingers so their hands were palm to palm. Tara froze in horror as Willow stopped breathing for several seconds. Thankfully, she felt the redhead squeeze her hand before letting out a long deep sigh, and Tara watched in amazement as her body relaxed and her breathing returned to normal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several minutes later, the two sat across from each other on Tara’s bed, books in their laps and hands still linked. In fact, neither of them had let go, fearing another round of ‘crush Willow’s heart.’ Satisfied that Willow was okay, they had moved to a more comfortable spot, sitting quietly on the bed, once again researching the potion that caused so much clamor this evening.

“Turn?” Willow asked. Tara obliged, reaching over and turning to the next page of the book in Willow’s lap. With one hand gripping the doll’s eye crystal and the other one glued to Tara, Willow found it quite difficult to do it on her own. Tara watched as Willow’s eyebrows scrunched as she pored over the text.

Both the crystal and contact with Tara had returned Willow to a seemingly normal state of mind. She still felt something for the blonde, however, but now it was but a fraction of what she was feeling earlier in the evening. It was less needy, less impulsive, but still very potent. Was it the spell? She wasn’t so sure anymore. With a start, she realized that she didn’t know where the potion ended and her real feelings began. She lifted her eyes to look at the blonde. Nope, no overwhelming urge to jump her bones. But still, an urge to . . . snuggle? Wrap my arms around her and hold her close? Normally, thoughts like that would be shoved into the ‘deal with later’ file in her brain, but now, it seemed the most natural thing to want.

“Willow?”

“What?”

“How did you know that holding hands was an alternative to . . . y-you know . . .” Tara blushed, embarrassed by her previous eagerness to help the red head ‘release.’

“Oh.” She paused, trying to put her rationale into words. “Well . . . I kept thinking, you know, ‘intimate release, intimate release’ while I was . . . um, writhing in pain . . . anyways, there are so many ways to do that . . . I’m not talking about, erm, quote unquote positions or anything . . . but you know, the non-sexual stuff that’s still considered intimate? There’s kissing, the obvious first choice, but then I thought touching. I thought touching would work. Cause that’s really intimate, if you think about it. Probably the most intimate thing you can do.”

“Touching? How’s that?”

“Well, most people think sex is highest form of intimacy. But what comes before sex? Kisses. Kissage is great, don’t get me wrong. But how do you get to kisses?” Willow smiled at her logic. “Touch. Intimacy really begins with touch. You know, the feel of skin. The brush of a fingertip. The holding of hands.” She squeezed Tara’s hand for emphasis. “Our hands are extremely sensitive. We use them to ‘take action’ in our lives. We use them to make choices. When you hold someone’s hand, you’re pretty much saying, ‘hey, I choose you, I want you.’ What can be more intimate than that? It’s the foundation you know. Sex is just the end product.” She smiled shyly at the blonde. “Besides, I figured there’d be less post-coital confusion if there wasn’t any . . . um . . . coital . . . to worry about. Hence the hand holding.”

“You figured all that out in like, ten seconds? Talk about quick thinking.” Tara flashed her trademark half smile before returning her attention to the task at hand.

In that instant, everything became suddenly clear, like a thousand light bulbs turning on in Willow’s head. That smile triggered something inside her, the something that Willow had spent countless hours trying to figure out and understand. In that moment, the red head realized that that “something” couldn’t be solved with her genius mind. All the thinking and thought processing in the world couldn’t explain what she felt for the blonde. Feeling . . . it’s a feeling, not a thought. When she looks at me, when she smiles at me . . . I don’t think, I just . . . feel. With absolute clarity, she finally understood what her mind had been unable to acknowledge, but what her heart had known all along. She looked down at the pink crystal in her hand and smiled. Talk about cleaning out my head.

“What are you smiling at?” Tara asked.

“Oh, nothing. I just . . . I’m just amazed at the power of your crystal, that’s all. Turn?” The blonde flipped the paged, and they resumed their research.

“Hey, I found something. Listen.” Willow began to read a passage from the book. “The most powerful potion is Numerus Novem-“

“Number nine,” Tara interjected. Willow nodded in ascent.

“Though the simplest of all of the Cupido Ferveo potions, it requires a much more powerful force to release the magics and bring forth a person’s desire. In a sense, it is a true love potion, being that in order for it to work, the person drinking the potion must-“ Willow’s eyes widened as she finished reading the sentence to herself.

“Must what?” Tara implored, but Willow was unresponsive. The red head just stared at her, slack jawed. Tara reached over and plucked the book from her lap as the red head watched helplessly, hands full.

“Tara wait –“

Tara scanned the page. “In a sense, it is a true love potion, being that in order for it work, the person drinking the potion must already be attracted to the person giving the potion.”

Willow’s mind went into overdrive as Tara finished reading. Having just sorted out her feelings towards the blonde, she hadn’t anticipated her finding out so soon. She could feel the panic rising to her chest.

“So that explains why I didn’t fall for Alanna . . .” Tara said, trying to connect the dots. “But that would have to mean that you-” She stopped, unable to believe the logic behind what she was about to say. She stared helplessly at the red head. “No, wait, that can’t be right.”

A sudden thought came to Willow that counteracted the panic in her chest. “Wait a minute, you didn’t fall for Alanna . . . but I thought that you liked her!”

“Liked her? What are you talking about?”

“Tonight. Your date.”

“A date? She asked me to come with her, but it wasn’t a date!” Both women exchanged very confused looks.

“But the other night.” Willow sputtered. “You said you wanted to take a girl with red hair and green eyes. That . . . that wasn’t her?”

Oh goddess. “Wait . . . just wait. Let’s just calm down for a minute.” Their emotions were running high, fearing the revelations that were about to come. “According to this book, the potion would only have worked had I been attracted to Alanna, which I’m not.”

“So you don’t have the hots for Alanna?”

“I think it’s safe to say that I like her a whole lot less now than I did then.”

“Oh . . . I thought, you know, red hair, green eyes –“ Willow gestured to her own features. “Like mine.” She paused. Like mine. She looked at Tara incredulously. No, she . . . she didn’t mean me. Did she?

Tara saw the realization in Willow’s eyes. She looked away quickly, blushing brighter than she ever had in her life.

“Tara?” Willow whispered. “Were you . . . were you talking about me?“ It was obvious from the look on Tara’s face that the answer was yes.

“The drink . . .” Tara managed to utter, trying to steer the conversation into the other direction. “I gave it to you . . . a-and you drank it, then you got all . . . which would mean that you . . .”

Now it was Willow’s turn to blush. Oh Goddess, could you please cut me some slack tonight? If any more blood rushes to my face I won’t be able to feel my legs.

They sat quietly, not quite sure what to make of the situation. In all the confusion, Willow had forgotten that they were still holding hands. She looked at their intertwined fingers, and let out a small laugh that cut through the tension between them. Tara gave her a questioning look.

“Well, here we are again. I mean, this isn’t exactly something new, you know? Sitting here, holding hands, confused out of our minds, not knowing what the frilly heck is going on, completely speechless.”

An image popped into Tara’s head. “The laundry room.” She smiled at the memory. ”Except now we can talk, and . . . we don’t . . . I don’t know what to say.”

“Maybe we don’t have to say anything.” The two women locked eyes, seeing each other in a completely different light. They were on the verge of something huge, and neither could keep their hearts from beating wildly at the thought of what was going to happen.

“I mean,” she chuckled softly, “I mean, I think it’s pretty clear that I, um . . . with you and . . .”

“Me too,” Tara interjected. “ I mean, you know . . . um, that I . . . w-w-with you t-too.”

“We don’t have to . . . talk about it or anything, right? We can just . . . “

“Yeah. W-w-words just get in the w-way sometimes.”

All the fear and the uncertainty they had felt towards each other was washed away by that small exchange. However vague the words were to other people, both women knew exactly what had been shared in that simple moment.

[Cue music: Desire, by Ryan Adams]

(Tara and Willow continue to sit facing each other. They are shy, unsure of what to do, how to take that next step, even if they want to take the next step. Willow nervously untangles her fingers from Tara’s and gently holds her hand, rubbing her thumb across the back of it.)

WILLOW: (looking down at their hands)

Two hearts fading, like a flower
And all this waiting, for the power
For some answer, to this fire
Sinking slowly
The water’s higher
Desire

(Willow, now gaining confidence, brings Tara’s hand up to cup her cheek. She holds it there, closing her eyes and leaning into the warmth of her palm. When she opens her eyes, they are no longer pink, but their usual vibrant green.)

With no secrets, No obsession
This time I'm speeding with no direction
Without a reason, what is this fire?
Burning slowly, my one and only
Desire

(Willow brings Tara’s hand to her mouth, and softly presses her lips to her knuckles. She puts down the doll’s eye crystal, and moves her body slowly so that she is kneeling in front of Tara. She stares deeply into her eyes, tracing her fingertips along her eyebrows and cheeks, before cupping both sides of her face and lifting her lips to her own.)

Tara could scarcely believe what was happening. The feel of Willow’s lips on her own caused an explosion of pleasure that Tara never knew existed. Willow opened her mouth slightly, deepening the kiss, feeling herself melt into Tara until they toppled backwards, not once losing the contact between their lips. The intensity of the kiss was almost too much for their bodies to handle, so when they finally broke apart, they were breathless. Tara wrapped her arms around Willow as she rested her forehead against hers. Both women were afraid open their eyes, fearing that this was all a dream, that it didn’t really happen.

WILLOW:(eyes closed, stroking Tara’s hair)

You know me, you know my way
You just can't show me, but God I'm praying
That you'll find me, and that you'll see me
That you’ll run and never tire
Desire

(Willow opens her eyes to find Tara gazing at her. Willow is about to say something, but Tara silences her with a finger to her lips. She traces Willow’s lips, giving her that half smile, before pulling her down for another mind numbing kiss.

Scene shifts. Sunlight is streaming into room. Willow is asleep in the bed alone. She stirs, stretching her arms out, then realizes that she’s not in her room. She looks around for Tara, who is nowhere in sight. On the pillow next to hers is a note. She picks it up.)

TARA (VOICEOVER):

Dear Willow,

I’m sorry I had to leave you by yourself this morning. I have a midterm at 8 AM, and as it is, I’m already running late as I write. You looked so adorable sleeping that I couldn’t wake you up. I hope you slept well. I know I did. :)

Before you leave, please, take the crystal. Just in case, you know. I wouldn’t trust Alanna’s potion as far as I could throw it. It’s a just precaution. I’d feel less worried knowing you had it with you. Wouldn’t want you to get all red in the eye again. :)

I’d like to see you again, if that’s okay. I understand if you’re busy or whatever. Just let me know; I’ll be around.

Tara

(Willow smiles, and folds up the letter before putting it in her pocket. She reaches over and grabs the crystal from the night stand, looking at if for a moment. She sighs, a wistful faraway look on her face. She gets up and walks to the door, taking one last look at the room before letting herself out.)

Kisses and Gay Love
"I like my buttons, curvy." - Willow, Neverland, by Easiersaid

Last edited by Foomatic on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:42 am, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: "She's Got A Way" - Updated 8/15
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:18 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Yay! What a cute way for Tara to find out how Willow really feels about her. Thank goodness about the 'fine print' for Love Potion Number 9. I was hoping there would be an update soon, Foo, you made my day.

Now, did they do it, or not? Will more be revealed, or should the reader draw her own conclusions here?

This was wonderfully written and brought a smile to my face.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:00 pm 
3. Flaming O

ah yes. the good old potion number 9. :lol

cool update :bow

loving this fic. keep going!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:35 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay! An Update! Finally! :applause

I had a sneaky suspicion that love potion number nine would have some requirement that the person already has to have feelings for the person. I'm just glad it ended up that way - it was a good opportunity for them to tell each other just how they felt.

Quote:
Now, did they do it, or not? Will more be revealed, or should the reader draw her own conclusions here?

I am wondering the same thing as SallyMcFine. Will we ever find out? Because if we didn't, that would be very Joss-like of you, I think. :-D But don't do it. :happy

-Alyssa

"I'm gonna do my best swan dive into shark-infested waters/ I'm gonna pull out my tampon and start splashing around/ 'Cause I don't care if they eat me alive/ I've got better things to do than survive/ I've got a memory of your warm skin in my hands/ And I've got a vision of blue sky and dry land" - Ani Difranco

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:45 pm 
3. Flaming O

Wow! I really love this fic! :applause I've seen your 'trailer' and rushed to check your story and completely fallen in love with it! :-D This was such a great update...and the love potion, I actually kinda thought that it'd only work if the person had feelings for you or something..so I'm really happy that you put it that way. Thank you!
More soon, please?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:03 pm 
3. Flaming O

Foo! LOVED IT! It's awesome! I love the fact that Willow and Tara found out they that liked each other!!!!! Love potion number 9...classic...it's great! I really loved the end part though...with the kissing, and the holding each other all night! Hee hee hee! Thanks...can't wait for what's in store for Willow and Tara! :bounce :applause :bounce :applause :bounce :applause :bounce :applause :bounce

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:44 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I am so glad you updated. I have been reading the whole thing from the beginning and seeing your video and the trailer have made me really anxious for an update.

Although I don't like how they got there(Alanna needs to be slapped), I am happy they both know how they feel about each other. Smoochies are always good. :heart

It won't be so long between updates next time, right? :pray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:09 am 
3. Flaming O

WOOOOOOOOOOO & HOOOOOOO
sooo lovely foo
hehehe that rhymes. Great update, so cute, especially the holding hands thing and willows explanation. It was very willow-esque.
I do the happy dance for foo update!! :dance

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:16 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Foo! That was sooo amazing! I think "Desire" is my new favorite song, along with "She's got a way". Update as soon as possible, I love this fic to death! And the doll's eye crystal was so perfect for this story. I was completly suprised, and in awe of your genius. :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:01 am 
5. Willowhand

Oh, nice update with the revelations and all. Now that they now, the question is what will they do with that information?

I liked how they worked together to solve the love potion problem. Also, how Tara left her that note so she didn't think that she bolted.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:57 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Yay, smoochies! Willow and Tara are so cute and sweet together.

Great update.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:46 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

oo oo oo me want more....me want more.......if i'm ne further on the edge of my seat, i'll fall flat on my backside! more more more more! :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

Goldielocks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:05 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I've been watching your videos again, and I am anxious to see how you handle everything else concerning our ladies. There are still a lot of great scenes leading up to NMR.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:58 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Author: Foomatic

Title: She's Got A Way

Summary: Part "The I in Team", Part "Good-bye Iowa"

Disclaimer: Don't own anything but the shirt off my back

SHE’S GOT A WAY

Part VII: Only Hope

Her arms slipped around the warm inviting body laying next to her. They hadn’t spoken a word since the kiss. Swimming through a mixture of fear, excitement and uncertainty, she held her close, afraid that if she let go the moment would be snatched away from her and never returned. She could feel fingers tracing the curve of her back, gently, up and down, and a contented sigh escaped her lips. Just when she thought there was nothing left of her body to melt, she felt a leg slide up her own, slowly nudging them apart then resting in between them. She shuddered and held her breath. The hand that was on her back was now on her hip, fingers grazing the small patch of exposed skin between her pants and her shirt. It was electrifying.

“Is this okay?” Willow murmured.

“Uh huh.” Tara looked at the woman wrapped in her arms, and felt a thousand needles of doubt jab at her relentlessly.

Green eyes met blue. “Whatcha thinking?”

“Oh, nothing. I wasn’t thinking anything. Just, uh, trying to enjoy this as much as possible, before, you know . . .”

“Before what?”

She hesitated before answering. “Before . . .”
Before she realizes that this could be a big mistake. “Before you h-have to leave. It’s getting kind of late.”

“Oh,” Willow replied, pulling away. “S-sorry . . . I didn’t mean to keep you up.”

“No, wait!” Tara held her gently. “You don’t have to leave right now! I only meant . . . I mean, you could stay if you wanted to. O-o-or if you want to go, you can, if you want. It’s up to you . . .”

Willow sat up, regarding the blonde for a moment. “What do you want?” she whispered.

Tara shifted in the bed, so that she was sitting in front of Willow. She nervously twisted the fringe of her pillow, trying to find the voice to answer her question. This was all so sudden, so confusing. Tara had pretty much banked on this never happening, but the evening’s crazy turn of events had left her mind swirling. How much of it was the potion, and how much of it was Willow herself? She thought back to when Willow had kissed her. Hadn’t her eyes sparkled green? And hadn’t they stayed green since then? It was too much to hope for.

What do you want?

The question echoed in her mind. It was a delicate situation. Tara didn’t want to scare her off by being too forward, too eager. She had been down that road before, blindly following her feelings down a path that ended in a terrible rejection and shattered hope. But Tara didn’t want her to go away either, fearing that she might not come back. That she’d lose this moment forever. This was her chance, her opportunity, but was she brave enough to take it?

She reached for Willow’s hand. “I w-want you to stay.”

Willow twisted and turned on Xander’s fold out bed, trying to get comfortable in what little space Buffy and Anya had not taken up. Every now and then, squeaky noises came from the other side of the curtain, signaling Giles’ discomfort from sleeping on inflatable furniture.

She let out a sigh of disdain, gazing up at the mirrorball hanging from the ceiling. This time last night, she had been in a much more comfortable bed, lying next to a much more appealing woman. She felt the butterflies buzz in her stomach as she licked her lips, still tasting the kisses they had shared, feeling the warmth of the fire they had kindled between their bodies. The touch of hands everywhere, so tentative and unsure, yet explosively satisfying.

Even with the threat of Adam and the Initiative, Willow could not stop thinking about Tara. She had initiated it; she had kissed her. Her being the operative word. I kissed a girl. She smiled, bobbing her head as the refrain from Jill Sobule’s song filled her mind. Not just any girl . . . Tara. I kissed Tara.

Did that make her gay? Did that make her bi? Did it really matter? She had acknowledged what she felt for Tara, but was she ready to act on it? The kiss they had shared begged to differ, but Willow was slowly starting to second guess herself. She had acted on impulse, charging in head first without considering the consequences. So many what ifs played through her mind, fueling her self doubt. What if she realizes that this is a mistake? What if I’m just horribly confused? The last thing she wanted was to hurt Tara, and she chastised herself for making such a bold move knowing full well that her actions would forever alter their relationship.

But still, with all her wavering thoughts and feelings, she couldn’t deny that what had transpired that evening. Never before had she felt such a rush of excitement, a rush of life. No matter what happens now, I will always have that.

Tara searched her eyes, trying to gage her reaction. Willow looked at her for a moment, before gracing Tara with a shy smile. “Okay.”

“W-w-we don’t have to do anything,” Tara replied quickly. “I-I’m not expecting us to . . . do anything you don’t want to. We could do a spell, or w-we could t-talk, if you wanted to talk about . . .”

“No . . . no talking. I mean, talking is good, but . . . tonight’s been really crazy, for the both of us . . . and I’m kinda on overload right now. Too much going on up here.” She pointed to her head. “I just want everything to stop . . . spinning . . . for a moment. There’s so much to talk about, so much to say, and I know that we’re eventually going to have to talk about . . . tonight . . . but . . . but can we figure things out later? I just want to be here. With you.” She glanced at Tara nervously, hoping she hadn’t offended her.

“Alright,” Tara said softly, relieved that they weren’t going to have that deep and scary discussion.
At least for now. Tara watched as Willow cradled her hand, tracing the creases in her palm. ‘When you hold someone’s hand,’ Tara remembered her saying, ‘ you’re pretty much saying, ‘hey, I choose you, I want you.’

Did she? Did she want her, had she made her choice?

They sat quietly, content in the moment. Willow’s touch was unbelievably gratifying; if tracing figure eights on her palm was all she did for the rest of the night, Tara would still be satisfied. She couldn’t ask for anything more than this.

“Wanna see something cool?” Tara asked shyly . Willow looked up and smiled.

“Sure.”

[Cue music: Only Hope, by Switchfoot]

(Tara reaches for Willow’s hand, turning it palm up. She mirrors the redhead’s actions, except as she traces, silvery lines appear with every stroke. Willow looks up in surprise, but Tara just smiles, continuing to run her fingertips across her palm. The lines begin to take shape, changing colors even, as Tara masterfully weaves them together, slowly forming a picture.)

TARA: (As she continues to draw on Willow’s hand)

There's a song that's inside of my soul
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again

(Willow smiles and looks at Tara, fascinated by the shimmery lines)

I'm awake in the infinite cold

(Tara returns her smile, but continues to gaze at Willow, even though she is once again looking at her hand)

But you sing to me over and over and over again

So I lay my head back down

(Willow’s eyes go wide as realizes what Tara is drawing.)

And I lift my hands and pray

(The lines, which were at first just random, have melded together to form a single, dazzling butterfly.)

To be only yours,
I pray to be only yours
I know now you're my only hope

“Tara,” Willow said in astonishment. “It’s beautiful . . . “

“You like it? Cause I’m just getting started.” Her blue eyes twinkled as she once again focused on the sketch.

Sing to me the song of the stars

(The sketch starts to take a three dimensional form, body and wings filling out as Tara works her magic.)

Of your galaxy dancing and laughing and laughing again

(The butterfly begins to glow and pulsate, as if Tara were breathing life into it.)

When it feels like my dreams are so far

(Tara watches Willow as she is captivated by the butterfly’s transformation)

Sing to me of the plans that you have for me over again

(The butterfly slowly rises from Willow’s palm)

And I lay my head back down.

(It hovers above Willow’s hand, rotating in a state of suspended animation.)

(Its wings begin to flap slowly)

To be only yours, I pray, to be only yours
I know now, you're my only hope

(The butterfly springs to life, wings fluttering, floating in front of Willow’s face before taking off across the room, leaving a silver whisp in its wake. Willow laughs, watching the butterfly glide around them. Her eyes catch Tara’s and she gives her a look of pure enjoyment. In that moment, she looks like a little girl, wide-eyed and giddy. Tara’s lips curl into a lop-sided grin.)

I give you my apathy.
I'm giving you all of me.
I want your symphony, singing in all that I am
At the top of my lungs,

(Suddenly, the butterfly starts to multiple around them . . .)

I'm giving it back.

(. . . until they are surrounded by a flock of fluttering butterflies, each their own color, lighting up the room)

So I lay my head back down

(Willow watches in utter disbelief, blown away at the ripple of many colored wings)

(Tara takes Willow’s hands in hers, watching her amazement play out on her face)

To be only yours, I pray, to be only yours
I pray, to be only yours

(Willow looks at Tara, and smiles at her)

I know now you're my only hope.

(Willow turns her body so that her back is facing Tara’s, and motions for her to scoot closer. Tara positions herself behind Willow, who takes her hands and wraps them around her waist as she leans back into Tara. They sit, holding each other, watching the butterflies dance around them, basking in their faint glow,)

Willow glared at Anya, mentally ripping out the woman’s teeth as she snored, her droning akin to a 747 landing at LAX. She rolled over and burrowed her head under her pillow, reminding herself that this was temporary. Knowing that sleep was slowly becoming an impossibility, she once again drifted back to the previous evening.

She remembered the warmth of Tara’s embrace as she watched the last butterfly fade away. It was only then did she realize that the blonde had fallen asleep with her back to the headboard. Willow turned and looked at her, admiring her face, so peaceful and serene. Even with the trail of drool. Using the collar of Tara’s shirt, she wiped away the drool, gently dabbing at her chin and suppressing a giggle so as not to wake her.

Willow smiled, recalling how Tara had grumbled when she tried to pull the blankets out from under her. So cute. When she finally got her in a less stiff neck inducing position, Willow crawled under the covers with her. She propped her head up with her hand and watched Tara sleep, her chest rising and falling with deep, even breaths. Feeling her own eyelids start to sag, she snuggled deeper into the blanket, resting her head on Tara’s shoulder. She heard Tara sigh, then felt her hands wrap around her body as she pulled her close.

And with that lingering memory, Willow drifted off to sleep.

Tara woke with a start the next morning, her internal clock jarring her from a deep sleep. She glanced at the clock. 8:45. If it weren’t for the woman wrapped around her body, Tara would have leaped out of bed and out the door. She looked at Willow, not quite remembering how they had ended up in this compromising, yet highly enjoyable position. The Women’s Studies midterm loomed in her head, and for the first time all semester she wished she had dropped the class.

She stared at the ceiling, trying to prioritize the 15 minutes she had before the exam started. Calculating the time it took for her to shower, change, and walk to class, she concluded that the left over 2 minutes was not enough time to lay here and cuddle with Willow.
Well, I can wear what I have on right now, and shower when I get back. That adds an extra 10 minutes. So be it. She turned her body and snuggled into Willow’s neck.

Ten minutes later, struggling against every fiber of her being, she managed to pry herself from Willow’s arms. Much to Tara’s amusement, Willow mumbled something about diet cherry pepsi before rolling over, still fast asleep. Tara quickly wrote her note, letting her know about the midterm, not wanting her to wake up confused as to why she was alone in the room. She set it on the pillow, staring at Willow for a moment longer, before giving her a kiss on the forehead and racing out the door.

My apologies for any glaring errors in writing and mispelled words. I'll try to get to everyone's comments later tonight.

Kisses and Gay Love

Last edited by Foomatic on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:43 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: "She's Got A Way" - Updated 8/31
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:21 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Hi Foo!

I always leave my replies short and to the point. Sorry I don't leave long feedback like some other kittens on the board, but here goes:

I love the way you have Willow and Tara's different perspectives on their night together. Looks as if both of them are having the same warm and cuddly feelings. Beautiful. :heart

Willow seems to be the most uncertain though, but we know all of that changes fairly soon. :wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:21 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Replies, replies replies for my wonderful feedbackers!

SallyMcFine and watersong84:

Quote:

Quote:

I am wondering the same thing as SallyMcFine. Will we ever find out?

Waiting for a bit of smut, are we?:D

I wasn't expecting anyone to scrutinize the scene so deeply. It's a huge debate whether or not they did it in "The I in Team," and honestly, your comments pretty much fueled this last update. I always hated it when fics ended with them kissing (and after re-reading my last chapter, I concluded that it fell in this category as well). No one ever really addresses what happens afterwards . . . they just wake up in each other's arms the next morning (once again, I fully acknowledge that I am guilty of this). So what happened in between? Did they just kiss all night and pass out from the lack of oxygen? Did they talk about it? Did they stare dumbly at each other when it was over? There's like a good couple of hours in between point A and point B.

So, in a nutshell, I decided to address this in the next update. Kind of an in between in between scene I guess. Does that even make sense?

PS Thanks for reading, you two! :-D

eirnlove: Thanks!

onlykaren: Hehe, my evil plan worked! (rubs her hands together and laughs evilly) I'm glad that you are enjoying the fic!

freakgirl105:
Quote:
really loved the end part though...with the kissing, and the holding each other all night! Hee hee hee!

Let's hear it for smoochies!!!

The Rose24: My darling Rose . . . 24 . . . :-D I'm glad you enjoyed the update. I promise to try and update often (and in public). Damn that real life, always getting in the way of things. Thanks for waiting patiently (well, sort of.)

Boadecia: I got a big WOO, a big HOO, AND A HAPPY DANCE? That must have been some update! Hehe, thanks for reading!

Poor_Eve: Yay! I'm glad you like my song selections!

Quote:
I love this fic to death!

Now don't go dying on me yet, you'll miss the next couple of updates! Plus death . . . kinda permanent. I'd like you stick around . . . :D

Willow~Rosenberg:

Quote:
Now that they know, the question is what will they do with that information?

I was thinking I'd have them sit around and knit . . . maybe reshingle the roof . . . hehe j/k. I'm glad you liked the update. Thanks for reading!

the hero factor: Thanks!

Goldielocks: Hope you didn't fall off your seat . . . kinda hard to read the update from the floor . . . :)

The Rose24: You again? :) Thanks for cracking the whip!

Irene73:

Irene! You don't call . . . you don't write . . . Glad to have you back!

Forget the song parody thread . . . I say we hit the studios and record this stuff! Sure, we'll get sued for copyright infringement . . . but it's an art! This stuff does not grow on trees, okay? It takes talent, perserverance (how ever the hell you spell that word). It takes HEART. And we've got that Irene, all the way. Captain and Tenille? Hall and Oates? Teegan and Sara? I laugh in their faces. Anyways . . .

You held my hand in yours oh
Green eyes were shining bright
I couldn't resist your body close to mine oh
Now I'm lost in your touch

She's claiming my soul yeah
Ooo Ahhh
Oh
With one little kiss yeah

Circumstance beyond my control oh
The spell, the crystal, and your breath on my face
Makes me crazy inside and my heart starts to race oh
But I can't sit still because I want a taste

She's claiming my soul yeah
Ooo Ahhh
Oh
With one little kiss yeah

This is too damn fun!

Quote:
Willow flavored whoop-ass…hmmm? I wonder what that must taste like…maybe chicken?”

Strawberries, Irene. Strawberries.

Quote:
Okay…firsts things first…what in the name of “Merrium Webster’s Dictionary” heck is “twitterpated”…are you sassing me?

(Stares in disbelief. Even blinks a couple times) Are you trying to say that you've never seen BAMBI?! :confused C'mon, Thumper, Bambi and Flower, checking out the hot ladies in the forest during spring time? Ring a bell?

:-D To quote Beyonce, it means "crazy in love." To quote Alison Krauss, it means "that kind of love." Got it?

Quote:
Willow’s like…”Bring it on little purpl-y glass…thing-y”

Okay, I just stopped laughing at that like, two seconds ago.

Quote:
Two things. Point one: the reference you made about “intimacy” beginning with “touch”…You are so right. A simple “Touch” can heal, sooth, provide relief, comfort, joy and convey feelings deep within ourselves. We normally wouldn’t allow anyone to touch us. We pick and choose. How many times has my father said to me, “You can get so much information about a person with a simple handshake.” In my opinion, that is why making love is so valued and cherished, we are allowed to touch intimate parts of the ones we love and let them know with our hands and our skin, how we truly feel about them.

I just wanted to quote that cause it was so well put. Like a hallmark commercial. :-D Joking aside, I'd have to agree with you wholeheartedly. Someone can tell you how much they love you, how deep they love you, they can write songs and poerty about it, but god, it feels so much better sometimes if you just show them.

Anyways, Irene, my song writing partner in crime, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say . . . You give good feedback. Yum.

The Rose24: I'm just happy that you're leaving feedback. You could say "grass" or "carburator" and I'd be like, aw, Rosie left me feedback!

So yeah, this is the first post where you haven't asked for an update. Am I reading too much into this? You know I only write them when you ask . . . :D Glad to know you enjoyed it. Oh, and I slapped Alanna for you. Many times.

Kisses and Gay Love

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:17 am 
17. Mega-Witches

Yay, yay! Foo, woo hoo! I love it - and it seems very true to what is probable to have happened. I do love smut, but all smut in good time - it would have been too much too quickly to have them jumping into the big enchilada right away after such an intense experience with Love Potion Number 9.

I guess I look to my own experiences for the pacing of sex - I prefer to get to know someone pretty darn well before doing it with them, and I assume that Tara and Willow are probably like that too, and when I guess about 'When Did They Start Doing It?' it's usually a few/several months after they got together - so quite a bit after The I In Team.. (Of course it's moot now since I'm married - and if my wife is reading this fb: "Hi honey!" *waves* :) )

I love the scene of Tara drawing the butterfly on Willow's hand. I could picture it happening - could see it in my mind's eye! A great testament to your powers of description.

Also, Tara's inner monologue:

Quote:
She had been down that road before, blindly following her feelings down a path that ended in a terrible rejection and shattered hope.

I totally relate to Tara's inner thoughts - age 19 is thankfully way in my past now. (Of course, now I'm wondering who this person in her past is - I suspect it's just part of her past in general, not something you plan to expand on because we don't need to know more than the fact that Tara is nervous about extending herself because of past rejection.)

And there's a quote from a book I really enjoy, The Warlock In Spite Of Himself by Christopher Stasheff, about meeting your true love - finding someone "to make all the previous hurts unimportant." I think that's what Tara has found in Willow.

Great update, Foo!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:45 am 
3. Flaming O

Oh again this was beautiful Foo! I'm forever checking the board for this fic! thanksfor another great update. I often wondered what willow would have been thinking having to share a bed with buff and anya! lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:43 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

gah...

this fic is just unbelievably strong (and once again I am finding myself to have only a few hours of sleep left because i didn't go to bed to finish reading it, baaad me...)

I ain't giving any intensive feedback right now, but expect sumthing more constructive and amirative from me after the next update. Really stands in my top 3 right now :D

sleep time, wish i had a Tara in my bed heh...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:59 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Foo
Great fic! I like stories that recap the beginning (any part really) of the W/T relationship, and yours is interestingly (? is that a word) different, and fun. I loved the sexy song and dance Willow did for Tara at the Bachanalia, although I suffered dreadfully from empathic embarassment.

Can't wait to see where you take it.

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:21 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

That was amazing. I can't wait to read more.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:28 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

You know, one of my favorite types of W/T fics are the 'behind the scenes' fics like this one, and I must say, I'm enjoying this immensely.

You have an interesting take on what happened between them, with the bacchanal and all. (Incidentally, try saying that several times in a row. Sounds funny.) But you've definitely got the... feel of them in this fic. I can see the characters in my head and hear them speak and it meshes with the show. So, in other words, I like it. Keep it up. I'm looking forward to the next update.

"People flock in, nevertheless, in search of answers to those questions only librarians are considered to be able to answer, such as 'Is this the laundry?', 'How do you spell surreptitious?' and, on a regular basis, 'Do you have a book I remember reading once? It had a red cover and it turned out they were twins.'" -- Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:54 pm 
3. Flaming O

Beautiful! :x
Looking forward to reading more of this story… hopefully soon, please?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:17 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

SallyMcFine: My dear Sally! I too am in the camp that says they "did it" after "The I in Team." It's a hotly contested debate, but the romantic in me doesn't want to believe they jumped so quickly in the sack (although, from my experience . . . well, nevermind that :) )

Thanks for following the story . . . I'll try to shoot an update to you sometime this week . . .

Boadecia:

Quote:
I'm forever checking the board for this fic! thanksfor another great update.

Aw, I wish I could have an update every time you surf the board! Guess the pressures on . . . thanks for keeping up with the story!

Krokador: Wow, I'm in the top 3? :blush :blush Glad to have you on board, donating valuable sleep time to reading my fic. Don't make it a habit though :flirt

Spells42: Yeah, I love the recap stories . . . everyone is different, and it's fun to see people's interepretation of what happened that wasn't shown on tv.

Shortstuff: Thanks!

LeatherQueen: Thanks for reading!

Quote:
But you've definitely got the... feel of them in this fic. I can see the characters in my head and hear them speak and it meshes with the show.

Cool! That's one of the things I worry about when I'm writing, whether or not I'm being true to the characters . . . I'm glad you think so!

onlykaren: Update soon . . . but only 'cause you said please . . . . :-D

Kisses and Gay Love

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:39 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hi!

How ya doin'?

Just wondering if there will be an update soon cuz I really love this fic. I download the songs to play along while reading and I enjoy your song selection almost as much as your writing.

Looking forward to more.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:54 am 
8. Vixen

Wow, Foomatic.

I can't believe I just found your fic...and, of course, I started reading and I couldn't stop. So I got to the last chapter with this warm feeling in my chest...
Ok, let me explain 'cause I know I must be sounding a little crazy here.
When BtVS was originally on the air I never watched it, I just wasn't interested and I didn't have the time 'cause I was finishing med school (I was an intern) and I spent most of my time at the hospital.
So when I first found about this couple on TV i tried to catch the re-runs but I live in Chile so here FOX shows re-runs every day from season 1-3 and then it jumps to season 7. So I was like, :wtf ...and to keep this short, I've never been able to watch seasons 4-6. So I downloaded as much as I could and I ordered the DVDs recently...which brings me closer to my point here: For someone who didn't really watch the show it's so nice to read your story and watch the vids you've made. It sets my mind on such an enjoyable journey, I can only offer you my most humble praise and the hope that you continue this soon. :blush
I'm gonna have to watch the DVDs again though, to be able to separate your fic from reality, 'cause right now they're blending in my head.
Well, like I said...not much left for me to say. :bounce
Please update soon, it would be a great Holidays' present for all the kittens here.

Karinna

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:43 pm 
2. Floating Rose

This story is awesome. And I really thought that they were going to have to do 'the deed' in order to save Willow. I never thought about the whole touch thing but now it's all I think about. It is true. So because it is an awesome story and I can't want for you to update then you get a group of dancers.

:dance :dance :dance :dance :dance

"Love is the most dangerous craving of all, if you ask me. It turns us into people we aren't. It makes us feel like hell, and makes us walk on water. It ruins us for anything else." -Eric in Jodi Picoults book 'Vanishing Acts'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next