The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic: Coming Back
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:53 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

YAY BABE! I can't believe it! You REALLY REALLY posted it!!!! I'm absolutely amazed at this, Car...it's wonderful! I can only imagine what a great story this is going to turn out to be. YAYAYAY! lol

I love the words that you use when you write. I can actually feel the things that you are desribing JUST by reading single words:

Quote:
plucked from her spot above the clouds and unceremoniously slammed back into her seat.

I LOVE that! So vivid and wondermous!

Quote:
captain finished droning his obviously memorized speech just as the "ding"

I also love how many of the things that you write are "so obviously" true to form. Everyone can relate to these things.

AND Brigette hitting on Tara was HILARIOUS! What a shut-down! lol You're obviously experienced. lol Juuuuuust kidding!

Throughout the entire first part of this, I can actually feel Tara's nervousness.

-------------------------------------

Quote:
“Hey, Tara! C’mon, hurry up! Today is the day I beat your record, Missy!”

In the second part, I love the way you captured the girls' innocence. They seem to fit so naturally with one another...that's beautiful.

Quote:
Tara continued to fight back the tears as she raised her head to look at Willow. She tried to speak, but stopped before any words came out – her throat clenched and she held back a sob. This is so hard. Finally, she took a deep breath and tried again.

Your insight into emotion is soo deep and so beautiful and it really shows right here. *I* was fighting back tears at this point.

I have always loved your imagination and your way with words just astonishes me. One of the very very many reason that I love you so much.

I absolutely cannot wait to read on and on and on and on. I am SOOO happy that you've finally decided to post something...you have a wonderful gift and I'm glad you are sharing it with us. :kiss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:15 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Oops! Sorry about that. :blush was trying to do too much at one time.

I enjoy your story as well. I can't wait until Willow and Tara see each other again and see what has changed in eight years.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:26 am 
3. Flaming O

Great start, Carleen. Your writing style is clear and the story you've constructed is intriguing. I definitely look forward to learning more about what happened to their friendship while Tara was in Germany, and I of course want to see how they mend the relationship. Fabulous job.

If you start waiting too long between updates, I may have to bring the snark. Not that I am one to tease about how long it takes to write a new chapter, but you seemed to think I am not capable of bringing it on over in the TAR thread. So, Car, it's on. The snark will be forthcoming.

~Mary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:56 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Ahhh the suspense is killing me You cant leave me with the thought that willow might actually not be there! she has to be there! or at least she better! But hurry! I need an update! :bow

ERIN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:52 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Nope, not just an amateur writing this fic. I think you've got some skilz hidden up your sleeve there Car. This line absolutely tugged at my heart:
Quote:
I’m coming back, Willow. I’m coming back. Please be there.

Now, to prepare you on your new status of Pens Author, get ready for things like this:

UPDATE!!!!! NOW!!!!!
SMUT! SMUT! SMUT!
So, when's the next update?
Ok, Car, it's been X weeks...update?
Smut soon PLZ!

Finally, about this "Threesome Award" when do I get that? Btw, I read FC4 requirements and I already have an idea.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:42 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Carleen, Carleen, Carleen...

Where the hell have you been hiding these skills of yours? Hmmmm?

This was an excellent introduction.

From the jarring realization that Tara was having a daydream on the airplane to the chuckles caused by Bridgette's oh-so-obvious flirting to the heartwrenching emotion of Tara breaking the news of her impeding departure, you have, in one chapter, hooked me for the duration.

Can't wait for the second chapter. :clap

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:10 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Wowzers! Kittens, you overwhelm me! Truly. I barely expected people to read the darned thing let alone leave me such wonderful feedback. And so many of my FAVORITE authors are listed below – yeah, the folks on my “I worship you” list. So, yeah, overwhelmed. Thank you all so much.

As just a general comment, I know there are a lot of questions out there…you’ve all been asking them in your comments. Many of those questions will be answered in the next update…others will be answered in future updates. I promise, I won’t leave big gaping holes in the story. When I initially started writing this, it was an experiment. I was going to respond to my own challenge. But, for some reason, I couldn’t stop writing. And the more I talked to watson about the thing, the more ideas I had pop into my head. So, I just decided to suck it up and give it a shot on its own. So, in the original scheme of things, you would have had a “one post” story and everything would have been included there. As it is, you have to deal with the time between updates, which are going to occur about once a week. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Okay…on to individual replies….
[hr]
watson
[blockquote]
Quote:
Once she starts, will she be able to stop?

Okay…you should know as well as I that this thing has it’s own mind. I think I’ve created a monster…does that make me a split personality of Frankenstein? Both the doctor and the monster? Mary Shelly is rolling in her grave.

I’m really glad that you’re still enjoying this story, watson. I mean, after weeks of reading and rereading the damned thing, I figured you’d be over it by now. But you’ve stuck by me, and I thank you.

Yes, that is an actual dream Tara is having…though I’m sure she has similar daydreams. After all, she’s had 8 years to develop and hone them. I’ll bet she’s got quite a few rolling around in that gorgeous head of hers.

You and your French flight attendant image! Are you letting us in on a secret fantasy? Hmmmm….

Not giving anything away by saying they are at the 14/15 year old range in the flashback…cuz more of that is about to be revealed in the update. So, yeah…they were very much a couple without really realizing it. I based their actions and conversation on the types of things my friends and I did and talked about at that age. If only I had known then what I know now…Kurt and Jim never would have been an issue in high school. :lol

Thank you, again, for all of your help. I really really REALLY appreciate it. I hope you don’t get sick of me…there’s more heading your way. Got your stamp ready?[/blockquote]
[hr]
Irene
[blockquote]Fajita, you crack me up! Love you, girl!

No worries about watson serving as beta for both of us…I promise I won’t take away quality time between the two of you.

I’m so glad that you enjoyed the first chapter. I know there are still a lot of unanswered questions, but if I answered them all in the first post, I’d have no reason to update! :D

Quote:
Okay, now that you started this you know you have to finish it…right?

OF COURSE I’m going to finish it. I have to…watson will kick my ass if I even think about not finishing. Though, with the kind of ideas I keep getting for our girls, it may end up being much longer than I ever thought it would be. ;)

The Insano Triplets will NEVER be over…never never never ever![/blockquote]

[hr]
Cam
[blockquote]Oh, Cam…I know those sniffles are just because you’ve been sick. Don’t try to cover it up will talk of pride. Especially since now I know you don’t trust me. Yes! My name is Carleen!

I’m really glad you like the first chapter. I know there are lots of questions still unanswered, but that’s what updates are for. ;) So more will be revealed in just a few minutes…and in the weeks to come.

Quote:
You said you've written more than 20 pages, missy, and I don't see 20 pages worth of post here (unless you wrote on note cards or napkins or something)...I DEMAND ANSWERS!!!

No…no note cards or napkins…I just used really really big font.[/blockquote]
[hr]
JustSkipIt
[blockquote]
Quote:
The first paragraph and a half, I must say is kind of cheap thrills. Nothing personal but I kind of can't stand that type of "here you go... oh, not you sucker!

I actually kinda agree with you...I can see where you’re coming from. This is my first fic...and it was supposed to be a short one for the challenge...I went with what I was comfortable with and with what I knew would work to get the point across. I’m hoping that with time and practice, I will be able to steer clear of the “clichéd” tactics and be more original.

You’re right about the ages….again, not giving anything away since more is revealed in this next update…14/15 in flashback….22/23 in present time.

I’m happy you enjoyed the first chapter…coming from you, that’s quite the compliment. I hope my future updates are as worthy.[/blockquote]
[hr]
Foomatic
[blockquote]Thanks so much for your kind words. I was also a military brat…fortunately, we didn’t move around…Dad made friends with his detailer and we got to stay in San Diego…Dad was stationed at EVERY base in SD at some point during our time there…but we didn’t have to move. I was fortunate. Update coming up soon![/blockquote]
[hr]
Rachel
[blockquote]Wow! I’m so flattered that you chose my fic as one of the few times you’ve left feedback. Thank you!

They’ve traded more than the one picture in the last 8 years…there were also letters (Tara mentioned them). Some of those letters will be part of the story in future updates.

I’ve always felt Tara deserved a better family…so I decided to give her one. :D

The last line makes you want more? Well, okay…here’s more![/blockquote]
[hr]
willowtree114
[blockquote]Thanks so much for stopping in…I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I can’t wait to see what happens either! ;)[/blockquote]
[hr]
cooper
[blockquote]Well, as I mentioned earlier, W and T were definitely “couply” before T moved away…they just didn’t realize it for themselves. I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder. As for visiting, it’s kinda difficult to do the international travel thing when you’re still a minor. Plus, it’s expensive. Plus, there’s just finding the time…cuz you KNOW W was always in summer school. Plus, the two of them not seeing each other for 8 years makes for better fiction. :lol

Time of the move, they were 14/15….present they are 22/23. More will be revealed in the next update. Enjoy![/blockquote]
[hr]
cebrau
[blockquote]Thanks so much, Ceci. I’m really glad you’re enjoying it. As for why I didn’t post before…um…I don’t know…didn’t have anything to post? The next update is coming up right after the replies…then I will be doing the update a week thing…sorry.

And yes…your questions will be answered in time. :D[/blockquote]
[hr]
Henny
[blockquote]Thanks for your comments and bouncy guys! The next update is coming up right after these replies. Glad you’re enjoying![/blockquote]
[hr]
Emms
[blockquote]
Quote:
it's better than smut!! (well....maybe not smut

Damned right it’s not better than smut! Nothing is better than smut! Well, maybe me participating in the smut rather than just reading it…hey! A girl can dream!

Thanks so much for your kind words, Emms…they mean a lot to me. I’m so glad that my descriptions met your standards…since you ARE the queen of narrative description and atmosphere. ;)

Next update, coming up![/blockquote]
[hr]
Jeanne
[blockquote]Thanks, Jeanne! Really glad you like it so far. I can’t blame the flight attendant for trying either. I know I would! At least Brigette seems to have a good attitude about being rejected. :lol And, no…you’re not asking far too many questions. They are all questions I expected actually…and they will be answered in time. Letters will come up in future updates.

The next chapter is coming up in just a few minutes. Hopefully you will continue to enjoy! [/blockquote]
[hr]
wiccanbotanist
[blockquote]
Quote:
Carleen….what took you so long!!!!

Um…didn’t have anything to post? But I do now…lots of it…so be on the look out in the coming weeks. :D

Brigette seems to be a hit among the kittens….maybe I should bring her back at some point. Hmmmmm…..

Really glad you’re enjoying…and thank you so much for your kind words and emoticons. ;)[/blockquote]
[hr]
Cyd
[blockquote]
Quote:
So, right now I’ll just process (which is something I know I've heard somewhere before ;) )

You have? Gee…I wonder who could have said that? :lol

Thank you so much for stopping by, Cyd. I’m glad you liked the beginning. I hope that you continue to enjoy future updates. Happy to know you’re along for the ride.[/blockquote]
[hr]
GayNowWhipped
[blockquote]One word for you….DORK! :lmao[/blockquote]
[hr]
Chris
[blockquote]Thank you so much, Chris. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your kind comments. I’m truly glad that you’re enjoying it. And, again, THANK YOU for the very nifty title graphic. I really really love it!

And, as I’ve said earlier, I would be hitting on Tara too…oh HELL YEAH I would!

I’m happy I was able to make you smile, Chris. I hope future updates hold up as well.[/blockquote]
[hr]
Megan
[blockquote]
Quote:
you sexifulicious little goddess you!

Ummm….I’m assuming that’s a compliment? :rofl

Thank you so much for stopping in, Megan. I’m glad you are enjoying the story so far. I hope I can continue to keep you interested and entertained.

Quote:
*grins because she got to touch Tara’s boobs*

So, I’m thinking you won’t be washing that hand any time soon, huh? ;)[/blockquote]
[hr]
caz
[blockquote]Thanks for your nice comments, caz. I appreciate it. More coming right up![/blockquote]
[hr]
sam
[blockquote]Thank you for stopping in, sam…I’m glad you’re enjoying it![/blockquote]
[hr]
SallyMcFine
[blockquote]
Quote:
when you're a kid then overseas travel is not always something that you're able to do, or something that your parents will allow you to do.

Yup! My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
What will happen next?

You’re about to find out! Thank you so much for your comments! Hope you come back for more. :D[/blockquote]
[hr]
irishlassie101
[blockquote]
Thanks for reading! Glad you’re enjoying it so far. More is coming right up![/blockquote]
[hr]
Auburn
[blockquote]
Quote:
I'm excited (none naughty variety)

Awww damn! I was really shooting for the naughty variety. I guess I’ll have to take it up a step and head into NC-17 territory. :lmao

Thanks so much for your nice words, Gemma. I appreciate it.

So, we get that update for Spark now, right? :D[/blockquote]
[hr]
dazed and confused83
[blockquote]Thanks, Tiffany. I’m glad you’ve liked it so far. Hope you continue to do so. :D[/blockquote]
[hr]
the hero factor
[blockquote]Thank you for your kind words. The next chapter is coming right up.[/blockquote]
[hr]
tonto
[blockquote]Update immediately follows the replies. I’m glad you’re enjoying. Thank you so much for reading.[/blockquote]
[hr]
meretricious
[blockquote]
Quote:
i vividly remember you saying " i only write nonfiction" so emphatically, it never crossed my mind you would find your way onto the fic train.i guess that comp. book of yours got so full of ideas you just had to do something about it, right?

Um…actually…I had to buy another composition book, Mary. So, yeah, “idea girl” went a little nuts. :blush

Really glad you enjoyed the first installment, Mary. I’m relieved to know that you like the details. I was a little afraid that I might be going overboard with them. But, your feedback has given me confidence, so thank you! :D

More coming up. Hope you stick around for more.[/blockquote]
[hr]
LesbianJedi87
[blockquote]Thanks, Rose! I’m glad you chose my little story as one of the few fics you read. I’m just about to update…as soon as I get these replies finished up. ;) Thanks again![/blockquote]
[hr]
Graceland
[blockquote]Yay! You found the humor! **sighs in relief** I was hoping someone would get the funny stuff. Thank you for having a slight glimpse into the wackiness that is my brain.

Quote:
I wonder why they had been away from each other for 8 years and what is the event that prompts Tara to come back

More will be revealed in the next chapter. ;)

Thanks so much for reading, Grace. Happy to have you on board.[/blockquote]
[hr]
Willow~Rosenberg
[blockquote]Thanks so much for reading! Glad you’re liking it. Next update on the way![/blockquote]
[hr]
Rhapsodist
[blockquote][center]:x :luv :x :luv[/center]
Hey, Baby! Glad you finally decided to come along for the ride. :flirt Thanks so much for all of your lovely words of encouragement. Your opinion means so much to me.

Quote:
AND Brigette hitting on Tara was HILARIOUS! What a shut-down!

I’m thinking you like that just because you think it’s some kind of poetic justice or something. :lmao

Quote:
You’re obviously experienced.

Hey now! I’ve got skillz, Baby! You know that! ;)

Quote:
I have always loved your imagination and your way with words just astonishes me. One of the very very many reason that I love you so much.

Just one? What are the others? :flirt

I’m really happy you like it, Schmoopsiepoo. I hope I continue to live up to your expectations. Love you!

[center]:x :luv :x :luv[/center][/blockquote]
[hr]
TheRose24
[blockquote]Thanks for reading! Here comes the next update…but Tara and Willow aren’t meeting yet…gotta wait a bit for that. ;)[/blockquote]
[hr]
ringwaldoeuvre
[blockquote]Thank you, Mary. I’m honored to have your comments appear in my thread. So wonderful. :blush

Please don’t get too snarky on me. Honest…watson made me do it! It’s all HER fault! But, just to be safe, the next chapter is coming right up! :D[/blockquote]
[hr]
AlysonGoddess
[blockquote]Never fear, Erin…the next update is immediately following. Thanks so much for stopping in! Hope you visit again.[/blockquote]
[hr]
terra21
[blockquote]Yay! You left me feedback! Thanks, terra! You’re a pal.

I knew I was leaving myself wide open for those kinds of comments. :rofl

I’m so glad you liked it, terra. Really and truly.
Quote:
Finally, about this "Threesome Award" when do I get that? Btw, I read FC4 requirements and I already have an idea.

I’ll be working on the awards soon. And WOOT for FC4 ideas! Can’t wait![/blockquote]
[hr]
Vmarie
[blockquote]Yay Marie! You made it to my thread!

Quote:
Where the hell have you been hiding these skills of yours? Hmmmm?

Under my bed. Which probably wasn’t a very good idea…the dust bunnies got hold of them and expected a ransom for me to get them back.

I’ve got ya hooked? WOOT! Go me! :party

I’m glad you liked it, Marie. I hope the next chapters keep you hooked.[/blockquote]
[hr]

And…..Heeeeeeeeere’s the next chapter!

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:21 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Title: Coming Back
Author: GayNow (Carleen)
Email: cmspry2@gmail.com
Feedback: Pretty please? Just remember, I leave feedback for you! Okay, maybe not for every update....but I try! And...and...I leave novellas. Okay okay....I'll be happy with a smilie face.
Distribution: Archiving is fine…please let me know where so I can call all my friends and yell, “Look! I’m famous!”
Rating: This part…PG…future parts…PG-13…will there be kisses and smut?…hmmm....dunno....we’ll see. I’ll make sure I give fair warning.
Disclaimer: BtVS characters, concepts and dialog belong to Mutant Enemy, Fox, The WB, UPN and others. The story, however, came out of my delusional little brain.
Summary: AU....no Hellmouth...no magic....no demons...no slayer....Willow and Tara made a solemn promise to each other 8 years ago.
Author’s Notes:
  • This fic was inspired by my own fic challenge (Third Time's a Charm). But...well...it sort of took on a life of its own. So, I decided to give it its own thread. I'm nice that way.
  • This is my first attempt at fic writing...or posting what I've written, anyway. And I have all of you wonderful kittens to thank for inspiring me. I'm not going to start listing off all of the individual authors, because that would just take too long. You know who you are...you've read my feedback...it's no secret who I worship.
  • I have to give special, super-dee-duper thanks to the lovely WATSON for so many things -- for putting up with me...for painstakingly reading chapters and sections and paragraphs and sentences...for dealing with me obsessing over j-u-u-u-u-u-u-st the right word...for serving as co-writer in many many many instances (if it's a REALLY good sentence or phrase...it's probably hers)...for simply being a friend and encouraging me (Okay...encouraging? She was kicking me in the ass is what she was doing!)
  • Thoughts in italics
  • Thanks to Chris Cook for the super spectacular title graphic!

Chapter 2

“Buffy! Help!”

Buffy heard the sudden exclamation from her best friend. She looked up from her spot on the front porch, quickly put down her coffee and bolted into the house, taking the stairs leading to the second floor two at a time.

“Will!” Buffy was panicked. “What’s wrong?! Are you okay?!”

Buffy burst through the door of the guest room and quickly found herself sprawled on the floor. She tried to stand but realized this was difficult since she was tangled in skirts…and jeans…and shirts…and…Oh.My.God…. bras.

“Buffy! Are you okay?”

“Uh…yeah…I think so.” Buffy grimaced as she removed the red lace bra from her head. “Will? Why does it look like the day after the ‘Day After Thanksgiving Sale’ at Bloomingdale’s in here?”

Willow reached down to offer Buffy some help standing and swiftly began to help her friend get untangled.

“I’m sorry, Buff. I’ll clean it up, I promise. It’s just…I mean…I’ve just…Buffy, I’ve been through all of the clothes I brought with me and I don’t have a thing to wear!” Willow huffed heartily and pouted at her blonde friend, crossing her arms defiantly over her chest.

The blonde looked around at the 4 suitcases and 2 garment bags worth of clothing strewn about the room. Every surface was covered. Ohmygod! Where did she hide the bed? Buffy scooped up an armful of various items from the fully covered bed and tossed them into a pile. She sat in the empty space she created.

“What do you mean you have nothing to wear?” Buffy looked at her friend and spoke calmly. “Willow, you brought enough of your wardrobe to clothe a small third world country. There are girls in the valley who would give their right arm for what you have thrown about here.”

Willow looked at the small blonde – guilt clearly showing on her face – and quickly began to pick up the clothes and toss them into empty suitcases.

“But, Buffy, I have to look just right! This isn’t just any other day…this is the day…this is T-day…Tara Day. I can't just throw on any old thing and look as droolworthy as you! I need help!” Willow was getting desperate, and she decided she was not too proud to beg.

Buffy glared at Willow in mock indignation and shook her finger at the redhead. “Hey! It takes a lot of work to look this effortlessly fabulous!” Her expression then changed to a friendly pout. “Don’t hate me cuz I have stylish yet affordable boots.” Buffy batted her eyelashes playfully at Willow.

Willow could never resist “Buffy flirty face” and the blonde knew it. She laughed along as her redheaded friend burst into a fit of giggles.

“Okay, Buffy, okay! You got me. Now help me figure out what to wear. You know how important this day is for me. Please!” Willow gave Buffy her own pouty face and silently pleaded with her friend. Pouty face always works. Pouty face always works. Please. Please. Please.

“First of all, Will, of course I’m going to help you.” Willow squealed and pounced on Buffy, giving her a tight hug. Buffy then held her friend at arm’s length and looked directly in the redhead’s green eyes. “Second, you have got to calm down! You aren’t supposed to meet her for another 6 hours!”

“Six hours? I gotta hurry! Buffy, why didn’t you tell me it was so late?” Buffy didn’t say anything. She couldn’t. All she could do was stand in awe of the redheaded tornado as Willow whipped through the room; she would pick up a skirt or blouse, look at it, and then throw it down again. And as she ransacked the room…again…Willow never stopped talking. “I’ve got to find something to wear and then I have to shower and do my hair and then get dressed and … Ohmygod!” Willow stopped and turned to look at Buffy. “What am I going to say to her? What if we have nothing to talk about and we just stand there looking at each other? Or worse! What am I supposed to do when I see her? Do I give her a handshake or a hug...or…or…a hearty slap on the back?” Buffy remained silent as the redheaded tornado continued her path of destruction. “What if she expects bunches of European air kisses on the cheeks? What if she’s different? What if she hates me? Oh God, Buffy! She’s gonna hate me!”

Tornado Willow finally downgraded to a light breeze as she sank into a pile of clothes on the floor. She held her head in her hands as she tried to keep from hyperventilating. Please don’t hate me. Please don’t hate me. I’ll die if you hate me.

“Will. Willow.” Buffy could tell that her friend was nearing the breaking point and decided it was time for some tough love. She moved in front of Willow and looked down at the redhead, trying once again to get her attention. “Willow!” Willow still held her head in her hands and began to rock back and forth. Realizing that saying her name wasn’t helping, Buffy knelt in front of her friend, grabbed her shoulders and gave a quick shake just to get her attention. “Hey! Look at me!”

It worked. Willow raised her head and looked at the blonde in front of her; her eyes were wide and she was breathing heavily. “Buffy…she’s…gonna…hate…me.” Willow spoke between gasping breaths.

“Will, listen to me…she’s not going to hate you! How could she possibly hate you, Willow?” Buffy pulled her friend into a reassuring hug and held her. “It’s just not possible to hate you, Willow Rosenberg. There’s even a law against it…with a long term sentence for breaking the law…in a cell…with Snyder.”

Willow pulled away from the embrace to look at Buffy. She raised an eyebrow.

“A heavy fine?”

“Buffy,” Willow chuckled, “there’s not a law.”

“Well, then there should be.” Buffy released the redhead and looked deeply into her friend’s green eyes. She brushed Willow’s hair away from her face and then gently placed a hand on either side of Willow’s face, ensuring eye contact. “Willow, believe me, she could never hate you. And you’ll know what to say and do. I have faith in you. But, if you spend the next 6 hours obsessing over this, you will never make it to see her. You don’t want that to happen, do you?”

“Oh, no! That can’t happen. I have to see her, Buffy. I just have to.”

“Okay, then here’s what you’re going to do.” Buffy took Willow’s hands and pulled the girl up so that they were both standing in the middle of the room. “You’re going to take deep breaths and calm down. Then you’re going to go through this room – which now looks like a bargain basement, by the way – and you’re going to find your favorite outfit. When you do, you’re going to shower, do your hair, do your make up and then you’re going to get dressed. Understand?”

Willow nodded.

“Then you’re going to go meet Tara and sweep her off her feet.”

Willow giggled for a moment and then gave Buffy a serious look. “Buffy? Do you really think she won’t hate me?”

Buffy smiled at her friend and squeezed her hands. “She’ll love you, Will.”

“Promise?”

“Promise. Cross my heart and hope to…well…I’ll just cross my heart.” Buffy gave Willow a quick wink.

“Thanks, Buffy.”

“Anytime, Will. I have to go to work now. You gonna be okay?”

“Yeah, Buff. I’ll be fine. Get going. You don’t want to be late.” Willow gave her friend a quick hug then watched Buffy walk out the bedroom door. She heaved a sigh as she looked at the mess she’d made and began picking up clothes.

A moment later, Buffy popped her head around the doorframe. “Will?”

“Yeah?”

“How many times do Europeans kiss?" Buffy waggled her eyebrows suggestively.

Willow let out a hearty laugh and threw a t-shirt at her friend. “Get out of here, you dork!”

“Bye. Love ya, Will.”

“Love you too, Buffy.”

Willow returned to straightening the room and thought over what Buffy had said to her. She’s not gonna hate me. She’s gonna love me. Buffy said so. God, I hope you’re right, Buffy. It’s been such a long time. The redhead lost herself in memories as she continued her task.

Willow spent every free moment for the next month at Tara’s side. In fact, they were inseparable nearly 24 hours a day. On the day Tara told the redhead about the move to Germany, they made a promise to be with each other until the very last minute. If Willow wasn’t spending the night at Tara’s house, Tara was at Willow’s. Many days were spent helping Tara pack. Fortunately, the Air Force provided a moving service for the Maclays, so there wasn’t a lot for them to do. The majority of the girls’ time was spent at their tree. They would bring picnic lunches and books and games and spend the days talking about the future. Before the girls knew it, they had less than a week before Tara was to leave.

Willow was lying on the ground with her hands locked behind her head. She watched the clouds as they floated by. She would usually call out the funny shapes she saw in the billowy forms and roll her eyes dramatically when Tara was unable to see the same shape. But today, she just watched them float. What am I going to do without her? She’s my best friend…my only real friend. She’s the only one who understands me. What am I gonna do? Willow let out a sigh.

“Willow?” Tara heard the redhead sigh and knew there was something going through her friend’s busy head. “What is it?”

Willow turned and looked at Tara. Her eyes are so blue. Is there a word for that shade of blue? Yeah…there is…beautiful. How am I going to get through a day without seeing those eyes? “I was just thinking.”

Tara gave Willow a crooked grin. “Well, there’s something new. Never would have pegged you for a thinker, Will.” She winked good-naturedly at the redhead.

Willow shared a few moments of laughter with the blonde, then sat up and faced her friend. The laughter was gone and she struggled to hold back tears.

“I’m going to miss you, Tare. I already do and you’re not even gone yet.” Willow looked down and began to play with the laces on Tara’s shoes. “I’m going to be so lonely without you.”

“Oh, Will.” Tara choked back a sob and held out her hand to Willow. She took her friend’s hand and gave a gentle tug, indicating that she wanted Willow to sit next to her.

Willow shifted so that she was next to the blonde, snuggling in close and laying her he head on Tara’s shoulder. She didn’t relinquish her hold on Tara’s hand and looked down at their entwined fingers. A perfect fit. Willow closed her eyes and reveled in the feeling of being close to Tara.

Tara glanced at her friend and smiled – Willow had always been a cuddler. She leaned her head over so that it rested on the redhead’s and the two girls sat in silence. After a few minutes, Tara began to speak.

“You know, Will, high school starts in the fall. You’re going to be so busy keeping the teachers on their toes, you won’t have time to miss me.”

Willow quickly pulled away from the blonde and looked at her -- her shock evident. What?! Tears were falling freely down Willow’s face.

“How can you say that? How can you even think that?” Willow raised her voice at Tara for the first time, surprising the blonde.

“Willow, I-“

“No, Tara! You don’t get to talk right now. You need to listen.” The redhead had calmed down a bit, but her tone made it clear that she had something to say.

Tara nodded and waited for Willow to continue. Like Willow, she wasn’t holding back the tears any longer.

“Tara Maclay, you are the best friend I’ve ever had…probably the best friend I ever will have.” Willow paused to take a gasping breath. This isn’t the time to babble. You have to tell her. Wiping away tears with the back of her hand, the redhead continued. “How dare you think I could ever be too busy to miss you? I will miss you every second of every day. I love you, Tara…and I don’t know when I’m going to see you again. So even though it will hurt, I will miss you, because at least I’ll have thoughts of you close to me, and then maybe you won’t seem so far away. And I told myself that I wasn’t going to babble, but I did anyway…and…well…do you get it at all?”[

Tara laughed through her tears. She reached out and pulled the redhead into a tight hug. “I love it when you babble, Willow. Never keep yourself from babbling. And, yes, I do get it. I’m sorry…I didn’t mean it, really. I’m going to miss you too…every second of every day.”

Willow held on to the blonde as if her life depended on it. And in some ways, it did. She would always remember this feeling of being in Tara’s arms and being surrounded by love. This is the memory she would hold on to; this is the memory that would keep Tara near, even when she was so very far away. Forever. I’m going to keep her forever. Suddenly, Willow pulled away from the embrace and looked at Tara with wide eyes. She just stared at her friend for a minute. Finally, Tara couldn’t take the silence anymore.

“Willow? What is it?”

“Will you make me a promise? If you say you’ll promise I’ll believe you, because you’ve never lied to me before and I really want you to keep this promise.”

“Of course, Willow. I’ll promise anything for you. Just name it.”

“Well, we have 4 years of high school and then 4 years of college, right?”

Tara nodded and looked at Willow with a slightly confused expression.

“Okay…so here is the promise you need to make…eight years from right now we will both be finished with college. Promise me that eight years from right now…from this very minute…you will be back under this tree.”

“But, Will, what if I’m back before then? Or what if you’re living somewhere else? What then?”

Willow took the blonde’s hands in her own and looked deeply into Tara’s eyes. “It doesn’t matter, Tara. What matters is the promise. No matter what happens…no matter where we are…no matter what we’re doing…promise me that in 8 years we will be back under this tree together. Please?”

“I promise. No matter what happens…no matter where I am…no matter what I’m doing…in 8 years I will be back under this tree.” There was no hesitation in Tara’s answer. She’d made her promise and Willow knew she’d stick to it.

Willow’s smile beamed. “So, it’s a date?”

Tara gave a quick nod and returned the redhead’s smile. “It’s a date.”

Willow leaned against the window of the room – clutching an armful of clothes to her chest – and looked out over Revello Drive.

“It’s a date,” Willow said in a dream-like, wistful tone. Suddenly, she jerked away from the window, standing up straight. “Ohmygod! It’s a date! I have to get moving!”

The redhead rushed across the room to grab her robe and toiletries and quickly made her way to the bathroom.

No matter what, Tara, no matter what. I just hope you remembered your promise. Please come back to me.

TBC

Frivolous Views

Last edited by GayNow on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:44 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

:applause :clap

TORNADO WILLOW!!! hahaha...I loved this update!!! Its sad cause Tara with the leaving, but cute...argh the promise...so cute...and Tornado Willow reminds me of well...me when Im going out and have nothing wear! hehe Thanks so much for not taking ages to update!!! This was just awesome!!!!! You are doing just a great job! Update soon ppplease!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:59 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Awwwwwwww!!

Another great update, Carleen. Very much looking forward to getting to the update where they actually meet for the first time in 8 years.

Question, though...I get the idea that they, in there present selves, realize there's more than best-friend feelings going on. But, how did they come upon this realization? You can almost feel the closeness they had as teenagers, but nothing verbal about a more intimate feeling. Was this deeper feeling realized through their time apart and perhaps correspondence? Or do neither Willow nor Tara realize the other feels more than friendly?

(I realized I might not have made any sense in the above paragraph, but work with me here. :D)

I know...these are probably all questions that will be answered in time. But, I'm impatient, dammit. LOL.

Again, loved the writing and look forward to more. :clap

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:57 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

first let me just start off by responding to this little bit of hilarity

Quote:
I’m so glad that my descriptions met your standards…since you ARE the queen of narrative description and atmosphere.

:eyebrow Funny. :hmm

Okay.....now let me get on with the feedback leaving.

Oh Wow carleen.....just....wow. There were so many good moments in this chapter...from tornado Willow rummaging through a huge pile of clothes all the way through the memory and into the last segement with Willow leaning against the window before suddenly remembering the date factor of the event at hand. I loved it all. There were a couple parts that were just extra wonderful though.

Quote:
“What do you mean you have nothing to wear?” Buffy looked at her friend and spoke calmly. “Willow, you brought enough of your wardrobe to clothe a small third world country. There are girls in the valley who would give their right arm for what you have thrown about here.”

that made me chuckle....Willow is sooo hyper in that bit and it was lovely that Buffy had to come along and be the logical force behind the storm.

also,

Quote:
“What if she expects bunches of European air kisses on the cheeks?

Now that was comedy in it's purest form. :-D hehehe

there was one thing though...

Quote:
Willow spent every free moment for the next month at Tara’s side. In fact, they were inseparable nearly 24 hours a day. On the day Tara told the redhead about the move to Germany, they made a promise to be with each other until the very last minute. If Willow wasn’t spending the night at Tara’s house, Tara was at Willow’s. Many days were spent helping Tara pack. Fortunately, the Air Force provided a moving service for the Maclays, so there wasn’t a lot for them to do. The majority of the girls’ time was spent at their tree. They would bring picnic lunches and books and games and spend the days talking about the future. Before the girls knew it, they had less than a week before Tara was to leave.

I was a little confused at first, because I thought you were just skipping ahead, but then I figured out that you were creating a flashback and I was like...Ohhhhhh.... (I was glad it was a flashback because I didn't want to miss the part when they actually come together again. I have a feeling sparks are going to fly) :-D

Also, It was so romantic when they were sitting under the tree and Willow said the thing about them meeting back there in 8 years.... My heart wanted to melt right then and there.

I'm so happy you updated....now...when will the next chapter be posted?? *checking watch* I think I'll just hang out until then.

Thanks sweetie

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:01 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hey Car,
Still going gangbusters (no that's not dirty). I love the mathematical precision to your two updates. First one: Tara and then flashback. Second one: Willow and then equal sized flashback. I find that type layout quite easy and effortless to read. It also gives the reader a very nice balance between understanding who these women are and who they will become. Or who they are and who they were. I particularly like the characterizations of all three (W/T & B). All are true to form without being cartoonish. The W flashback is just precious and so tender. It's nice to see that Willow has that emotional and loving side to her somewhat obsessive personality.

The conceit of the "meet me here 8 years from now" while not exactly original (see An Affair to Remember or that other book (Patience & Sarah?) as well as many other things). However, it works very very well. Until I read that part, I was kind of wondering why Tara hadn't taken a MAC flight (any army brats can correct my interpretation from my old roommate) home at some point in college. But then it made so much sense. I'm assuming that both W & T are "out" in that they know that they love women in general and each other in specific. I'm also assuming that having a "lover" from childhood they aren't exactly socially experienced.

Anyway, I'm rambling... You are doing a fantastic and awesome job. I love this and really look forward to more.

PS 1. You got like 30 feedbacks on your first post of a fic. That's amazing and there are authors who still aren't up to that.

PS 2. I forgot ... oh wait I remember. It seems to me that becoming a caller, while it would allow you to boss people around, would be contributing to a rather dangerous trend.

PS 3. 1000 posts! What am I now?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:34 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

So they haven't actually communicated...? Hmm. Hurricane Willow. That's cute.

There's something I'm not entirely clear on. What exactly was Willow and Tara's relationship before Tara left? I can't tell if they were girlfriends or just really close friends. Or did you leave it ambiguous on purpose? Or am I just being blonde and the only one who's not getting it?

And yes, Car. That was a compliment.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Coming Back (Updated 7/10/05)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:37 pm 
19. Yummy Face

You really have me in suspense. I can't wait until the ladies meet again.

Last edited by The Rose24 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:18 pm 
5. Willowhand

Awww!!!

I just caught up with this fic.

you totally portrayed our girls with perfection.

Willow is just too real, all nervous and babbly.. and Tara, simply herself and insecure.

This is such a great beginning and I am very curious to see what's going to happen!

Good job and keep up the amazing writting!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:35 am 
3. Flaming O

Hey Car,
I'm really liking the direction this is going. I truly enjoy the contrast between Willow and Tara's pre-date activities. Tara seems nervous but at least is physically still (of course that's required). Willow on the other hand: tornado Willow! Lol at that. The flashback is just lovely with Willow's frantic calls for Tara's promise.

It seems to me that Tara is cutting it quite close on her flight. If she has less than 6 hours to get to the tree maybe she should have taken this flight yesterday. Then she could have stayed in a hotel, bathed all day, eaten fruit... whatever not to be late. And if she just has one of these sort of "if it's meant to be..." things about whether she makes the meeting, that's truly crazy. Sometimes fate needs a nudge.

Ok, enough morning ranting. Well done and looking forward to the next part. Will it be the meeting or both girls in transit and more flashback? Either is fine because the flashbacks are really cute.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:00 am 
17. Mega-Witches

I just love the format of present day/flashback, always have. There's something about it that allows you to reveal not only who these characters are today, but what they used to be and along the way what caused them to change and grow.

And the possibilities of the intervening 8 years is something to consider - I forsee lots of letters! Unless the girls were 14-15 during the age of e-mail, which I suppose if present day is 2005, then they would have been. But postal letters are such a richer option, don't you think? Just think - the process of writing a letter, figuring out what you're going to say, mailing it, being nervous while you second-guess yourself and the letter is in transit, and then awaiting a reply with big-time anticipation.

I used to write a lot of letters in my younger days and then we got e-mail my sophomore year in college (they had it before but I didn't see the point during my freshman year, can you believe that?) and it's just not the same.

But anyway! Great second update, and like I'm sure everyone else has said or will say in the feedback, I can't wait to find out what happens next. I'm looking forward to finding out more about the intervening 8 years also - do they know they're gay, have they confessed their love in letters, did either of them date anyone else while growing up. And ahhhh - can't wait for them to meet beneath their tree. (Is it a willow tree? Heh.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:37 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hey Car, what can I say? It's a great update.
When I started reading this fic, I knew it was something else, and of course, I wouldn't have missed YOUR fic..... (cute girl!) :glasses

Now, I had a lot of questions, but as I said, they were answered, not all, but a few.

One more thing, eight years is a loooong time. Did they ever speak, or send letters, or emailed, or talked on the phone, or something??? Why are they so nervous about meeting after eight years? I know, it's a big deal, but if they were so close before, why do each other doubt of the other presence at the meeting place?? Wouldn't they have talked in the eight years apart..... again with the questions...

Ahhh. can't wait to read more, please please please :pray :pray :pray
don't make us wait to long...

Kiss girl!!
Ceci

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:54 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
I love synchronicity and balance. You’ve shown us Tara returning to Sunnydale, and her recollection of how they parted. This time, you’ve shown us Willow getting ready to meet Tara, and her memories of 8 years ago. [br]
I thought it might hard to comment on just the first two chapters without reference to future parts, but reading this update by update, I can appreciate individual chapters on their own merit. This has been mentioned before, but the care you take with your wording, phrasing, is one of the reasons why this fic is so unputdownable. [br]
Who can forget the
Quote:
Tornado Willow finally downgraded to a light breeze

discussion? Fun times. [br]
Spazzy Willow is always so endearing. Bringing 4 suitcases and 2 garment bags for a visit – how long is she staying? The whole semester? Of course it being
Quote:
T-day

is of the utmost importance. Now this seems not as obvious in Tara’s section, but clearly Willow has accepted she has certain feelings for Tara, otherwise she won’t be this spazzy, and looks like Buffy knows too. [br]
What I haven’t picked up on the previous 9 times I read this chapter (:P) is
Quote:
Please don’t hate me. Please don’t hate me. I’ll die if you hate me.

which Willow repeated several times. It’s the several times that has me mildly concerned. Why did she expect Tara to hate her? Has she done something to make Tara hate her? Did they have a misunderstanding during the intervening 8 years? Is she expecting some announcement from Tara? Or is she planning to make an announcement herself? [br]
After the almost!angst, let’s bring in the funnies. [br]
Quote:
“What if she expects bunches of European air kisses on the cheeks?

and
Quote:
“It’s just not possible to hate you, Willow Rosenberg. There’s even a law against it…with a long term sentence for breaking the law…in a cell…with Snyder.”

:lmao go us and our warm brain effort! [br]
Love understanding best friend Buffy. In later seasons it seems the close friendship these two shared simply disappeared, and they were more work colleagues. Thanks for bringing back the love (not romantic, but the closest non romantic kind). [br]
Quote:
“She’ll love you, Will.”

Yes she will. Yes she will. [br] [br]

Now, to the flashback. [br]
How sweet was that? Spending 24 hours together. I can feel the longing, the sense that they’re so afraid to lose each other if they spend even one second apart. I’m surprised, but happily so, that they didn’t spend all that time sobbing and brawling, cos that is what I would probably have done in the same situation. [br]
Quote:
Is there a word for that shade of blue? Yeah…there is…beautiful.

and
Quote:
Forever. I’m going to keep her forever.

A few readers have commented on the exact state of the girls’ relationship before Tara left. I think they were already in love, but were too young to completely realize it. Love, and romantic love, at that age is very different. It is more innocent, devoid of the lust and sex that play a bigger role as you grow older. Whether or not they were able to distinguish it between platonic love of best friends, I think perhaps not, or rather, not yet. [br]
Willow the one who made the date, it was so fitting. And logical. So like her to insist on same time, same place. Whatever happens, they made a solemn promise to each other. I was thinking if they got back together before the 8 years, wouldn’t it have been fun to still go ahead with the date? Ah well, another idea, another fic. :lol[br]

I won't join the chorus besieging you to update soon and all that, cos I know you'll do that when you're ready. Did I tell you today this is a really good story? Well, this is a really good story.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:03 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
Great update! I like how you've pegged the pre-meeting jitters, so Willow-like.

Quote:
Willow held on to the blonde as if her life depended on it. And in some ways, it did. She would always remember this feeling of being in Tara’s arms and being surrounded by love. This is the memory she would hold on to; this is the memory that would keep Tara near, even when she was so very far away.

So very sweetly written. :applause

I'm thoroughly enjoying your fic . . . reconnecting with old friends was such a big part of my life, so I can relate to Willow and Tara: all their fears, expectations, and hopes. You've struck a chord there, and I'm eagerly awaiting your next update!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:23 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Hurricane Willow is so adorable :x Willow's wonderful when she's being a spaz, she's so Willowy. She seems more nervous about meeting Tara again than Tara is - or rather, Tara's anxious about just the fact of seeing Willow again, and Willow, while worrying about Tara showing up, is also spazzing about what will happen then.

Why would she worry Tara might hate her - I wonder, she and Tara were so young when they were last together, perhaps they've never admitted to each other that they're in love, you know, that way, with the kisses and nocturnal activity and hey look, we have to change the sheets now... Willow, who's capable of freaking about practically anything including whether she's freaking out too much, could certainly panic herself if she doesn't know whether Tara shares her feelings in the aforementioned way.

Great contrast to the previous chapter, made stronger by the strong parallels - while Tara is serene, yearning quietly on the inside, Willow is all over the place and racing around her room so fast she's probably undergoing spectrum shift and ending up with blue hair. So different, and yet so alike, like two jigsaw pieces that fit. Great work :bow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:34 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I always wanted to do the, 'We'll meet up no matter what in x number of years' with someone. I really love the premise. Glad to see Willow's side of it. Hurricane Willow seems to be quite the hit (pun not intended at first but kept in even though it isn't that funny), and I've got to say I was amused as well. I actually ended up with a mini hurricane in my own room from Sunday as I was getting ready for a movie date. I decided to finally clean it up.

Right, so on with it! I want to see more! :clap :applause :bounce :bow

-wiccanbotanist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:47 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Hey Carleen! It's standing room only in here and I was beginning to wonder what you're bribing all the Kittens with...pastries, cash, tequila...

And then I came across it - great updates.

The contrast between character anticipation and balance of story structure was well done. I, like several others, am starting to wonder about potential hurdles when they meet. Enjoying this debut fic very much...glad you got on the writing train.

~Cyd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:34 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

car, lovely update, esp. the flashback. you captured very well that hope that if they just spend every waking moment together, it'll help to fill the void that will come when they are separated, even if they know it won't. and tara trying to lighten the moment, but willow not having any of that, can easily see how that led to the "meet me in 8 yrs" scenerio
though 8 yrs? suprised willow didn't say "four years of college, but who gets done in 4 yrs anymore and i'll probably have a double major, so call it five years undergrad, but then there's post grad and i'll probably be all disillusioned at that point but still feel the need to go for my masters and i'll languish as a t.a. for a year or two while i'm "everything but dissertation" so meet me here in 13 years".
but 8 yrs is much better, in fact, why not drop out of high school and come back in 2?
i'm still not totally clear on why they are so, so nervous about meeting, and so worried about that the other will for some reason think badly of them. but as you continue and fill in the gaps, maybe that'll become clearer to me. either way, this is a great read ~ mary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:42 pm 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

Aww that was so great!! Cute willow...hehe..trying to figure out what to wear :-D . Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong and those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler. [Evan Rachel Wood]

Credit for icon: lj user crazedxinsanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:06 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Hey :wave

Update-y goodness - yay! :bounce

Oh, & another yay! 'cos Willow loves Tara.
You know, all the fics I read where W&T get together, and, it's always a given that they love each other & that they're gonna end up together, but, it still always makes me all happy & gives me warm fuzzies whenever it's revealed that our girls love each other.
That was rather long winded wasn't it? But anyway, big Yay! that our girls love each other :bounce :D

Aww, how sweet was hurricane Willow :x It's so cute that she's all nervous about meeting Tara.
& Buffy was a very good best friend, as it should be :)

The flashback was beautiful :x
They were all love-y (not necessarily 'in love' but, certainly close) even at 14, that's so sweet & cute :) & they're both gonna honor the promise, it's enough to make your heart melt - ah :x

So, are we gonna have some :wtkiss under the tree? :pray Please? :flirt

I look forward to more

Hugs
Jeanne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:53 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Great update!

Buffy! I figured, what with the picture Tara had in the last update, that Buffy must exsist in this verse, and it made me so happy to see her. Her and Will being all girly-best-friendy was wonderful. The B/W friendship has always been a favorite thing of mine.

And the flashback was so sweet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:08 pm 
9. Gay Now

Oh, Car...*sigh* I adore frantic, spazzy Willow, with the closet explosion and the "oh my god, she's gonna hate me" paranoia. Very vivid, and VERY Willow. And yeah...you said there would be SOME answers, but you still got lots of 'splainin to do. I really like the idea that they made this "date" 8 years ago, and both obviously remembered it (which is pretty damn impresive...it would take poster-size post-it notes all over my house to remember something next week, so kudos to them). But why oh WHY do neither of them know that the other is going to be there? Somehow they fell out of contact with each other...what's the deal??? There can't be that many Rosenbergs in Sunnydale...Tara couldn't look her up in the freakin phone book? And unless Tara's changed her name repeatedly, Willow should be able to find her on her computer. Demanding answers again obviously won't work...so instead I'm going to pout until you tell us what the hell is going on. :happy Yep....that's me....pouting....I can do this ALLLLL day long if I have too.

-Cam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:38 pm 
3. Flaming O

Well, I did promise some lovey-dovey review for ya, Carleen, so here it goes...

It's an amazing idea. I :heart reunion stories. I have an obsession with them, for some reason. It just always seems romantic to me when two people who love each other so dearly are seperated for so long and then finally reunite. I hope in this case, it turns into a long, mushy, angst-free story. *Gets on knees and begs* PLEASE MAKE THIS ANGST-FREE! *Ahem* Sorry, I get like that sometimes *rolls eyes at self*.

I love the flashbacks. They're so cute and adorable. The love is so apparent, yet it seems they don't quite realize the magnatude of their feelings. Hopefully they both realize it now, and, more importantly, realize the feelings the other has.

I am curious, though, as to how much Buffy fits into all this. Does Tara know her at all? Buffy seems to know quite a bit about the affection the hold for each other. And does Xander play a role anywhere, or at all? Lastly, please tell me Anya's somewhere? Can't have a W/T fic without some inappropriate sex talk at the right moments! :wink

Anyway, good job so far, and I can't wait for more! Please give us more? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?? On second thought... *eats the cherry, giving everyone a chance to go gutterhead...*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:53 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Awww I hope Tara remembers but of course she will right? She wouldnt turn down a promise especially one she made with willow thanks for the update! please continue :bounce

ERIN

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next